AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2011-07-23, 18:01   Link #321
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
These questions are answered in the Spice&Wolf subforum threads about merchandise, manga, and light novels. The dust cover of volume 1 is the "trashy sexy" (as are the rest) and the original artwork is on the book itself.
At least not with the first print.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 21:29   Link #322
Question
Crossdresser

What? Im referring to the original artwork that yen press drew for volume 1. They reverted back to the original japanese artwork from volume 2 onwards.

Im wondering which retailers have volume 1 with the dust cover and whether yen press reverted to using the japanese artwork in subsequent volume 1 printing runs.
Old 2011-07-23, 23:15   Link #323
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ordered the first 4 (?) books off of Amazon, so will see when I get them. But if volume 1 has the original art beneath that.. whatever that is.. on the dust cover, then said dust cover will probably be making trip to the bin. It's kinda hideous.
Old 2011-07-24, 00:33   Link #324
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ah sorry, I'd forgotten about that stumble by Yen (the first printing with the "nekkid wolf girl live action" on the cover rather than the dust jacket). Good luck finding it .. .ebay?
Old 2011-07-24, 08:15   Link #325
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Ordered the first 4 (?) books off of Amazon, so will see when I get them. But if volume 1 has the original art beneath that.. whatever that is.. on the dust cover, then said dust cover will probably be making trip to the bin. It's kinda hideous.
I have books 2, 3, and 4. I ordered them all from amazon. They all come with dust covers that try to imitate the original artwork, which is beneath it. So all of the volumes past 1 (I don't own 1) come with original artwork and the removable jacket.
Old 2011-07-24, 08:23   Link #326
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
As i understand it, volume 1 with the special dust cover(original japanese artwork) was released to select retailers.

Does anyone have any idea which retailers these are? Amazon does not seem to be one of them.
One of the importers I use in the UK, United Publications, still mention the cover; so its possible they perhaps still have a few from thier imported batches. They offer the books on the US rather than the UK release dates so I'm presuming they tend to import them independently rather than via the UK sources.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 04:06   Link #327
Question
Crossdresser

I contacted Yen Press, they said that most of the retailers should be running out of the dust cover by now but that they would send me one for free. Thats amazing!
Old 2011-07-26, 05:17   Link #328
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
I contacted Yen Press, they said that most of the retailers should be running out of the dust cover by now but that they would send me one for free. Thats amazing!
I need to contact them; I got one for my friend that unfortunately did not come with it.

What email did you use to contact them?

Last edited by Rajura; 2011-07-26 at 07:56. Reason: Grammar
Rajura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-26, 07:46   Link #329
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

New art book supposedly out in less than a week
Old 2011-07-27, 00:22   Link #330
Mr Hat and Clogs

Out of curiosity, has there been any word or hint of a season 3?
Old 2011-07-27, 08:02   Link #331
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Out of curiosity, has there been any word or hint of a season 3?
None that I have heard of. I think the only way we'll get a season 3 is for someone with a hefty amount of money to pay the companies to continue working on it.
Old 2011-07-27, 16:30   Link #332
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

What can I say, I find the state of the anime industry confusing at times.

You have studios going under/complaining about the state of the industry, and yet they completely ignore fans' continued (and in some cases long term) calls for continuations of some successful franchises, such as Full Metal Panic or Spice and Wolf. That the states is seeing both series in BD, and there are still new artbooks and figurines apparing in JP suggests the series is at least still generating reasonable revenue.
Old 2011-07-27, 16:38   Link #333
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
What can I say, I find the state of the anime industry confusing at times.

You have studios going under/complaining about the state of the industry, and yet they completely ignore fans' continued (and in some cases long term) calls for continuations of some successful franchises, such as Full Metal Panic or Spice and Wolf. That the states is seeing both series in BD, and there are still new artbooks and figurines apparing in JP suggests the series is at least still generating reasonable revenue.

So then with this being the case, what reasons would there have been to of stopped their series (any series for that matter) at such an early stage. With how they made it, they should of realized it left people wanting more, and i am sure they had and probably still HAVE the funds to continue any series that had been ceased. If Spice and Wolf's anime continued with a season 3 RIGHT NOW (being released in Japanese) starting with book 4, then going to 6 (then in chronological order) The fanbase would go completely nuts and the ratings for the show would jump dramatically. it would be a win-win scenario.
Old 2011-07-27, 16:40   Link #334
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeyes260 View Post
If Spice and Wolf's anime continued with a season 3 RIGHT NOW (being released in Japanese) starting with book 4, then going to 6 (then in chronological order)
Any reason for skipping book 3? I just read and really liked that arc.
Old 2011-07-27, 16:43   Link #335
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
Any reason for skipping book 3? I just read and really liked that arc.

They didn't skip book three in the anime, they skipped 4. So:

Season 1 = Volumes 1 + 2
Season 2 = Volumes 3 + 5
Season 3 would then be = 4+6
Then Season 4 = 7+8

and so on. They wanted to end it with a BANG! I guess by having Lawrence tell Holo he loves her.
Old 2011-07-27, 16:46   Link #336
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
I think I had a brain fart. I meant the one which was just released by Yen. With the tiny village.
Old 2011-07-27, 16:48   Link #337
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
I think I had a brain fart. I meant the one which was just released by Yen. With the tiny village.
Volume 4? They have released books 1-4 already. Their working on the 5th, which is out December 13th.
Old 2011-08-03, 19:32   Link #338
Mr Hat and Clogs

Well, according to that article about the new book, there might be a couple 'short movies' (I guess OAVs). Which could finish out the series.

Got my books, 4 days early, even after they spent 3 days in customs!! Interestingly, they all 4 had the dust covers with that live action version of Horo - although vol 2-4 version aren't nearly as bad as vol 1, it seems they found someone who knows how to do more then cut and past in photoshop and tried to mimic the source material. The actual covers of all 4 books are the original hand drawn artwork thankfully.

Mmmm new book smell.

Got the Haruhi ones too, hard cover versions, should have gotten soft cover but oh well it's all good, should keep me entertained for the afternoon.

Quality sucks, took it with my phone and the room was a bit dark.
Spoiler for books!:

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-08-03 at 20:28.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-05, 12:04   Link #339
Redeyes260
Los Illuminati

yea, I have books 2,3, and 4. I need to buy 1, although I've read the fan translated version of it, lol.. The dust covers for 2-4 are better than 1 most definitely, but I refuse to remove them, not sure why. Because I like the original covers better.
Old 2011-08-06, 05:15   Link #340
Question
Crossdresser

Just received a package in the mail, which i assume came from yen press. They didnt just send me the dust cover, but volume 1 and the dust cover. Completely taken back here. Not sure whether this was a mistake or they were just being nice, but it was a really nice surprise.

One thing confuses me though...i thought the dust cover used the japanese artwork(because people kept bitching about the front of the book being the western version)? Instead the dust cover it came with has the western artwork on it.