AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-11, 17:48   Link #10801
Sol Falling

I wouldn't necessarily expect other heroes to pop up or anything. The only reason we've been given for Iihiko still being alive after all is because of the Shiranui's quirk of "preserving rarities". If a similar effort hasn't been made to preserve any other heroes, they're unlikely to show up in the story.

More importantly, this chapter interestingly asserts Ajimu's initial impression of being the only "real"/"true" Not Equal. That kinda makes sense, as Hanten never did anything to really live up to that name. Given Ajimu being the only Not Equal, though, including all the accompanying fresh characterization and new perspective she brings to the series, that's all the more reason to expect that her death will not be permanent.

We also might need to revisit the Shiranui's true nature in light of the revelation that Hanten's "make any ability skill" comes just from a doubling of Ajimu. If "making skills" isn't the original nature of the Shiranui, then what exactly would be? Hansode's "Real Eater" is looking a bit more important/significant in light of this. (Or alternatively: was Real Eater just a doubling/reflection of Medaka's abilities?)

Anyway, now Nishio has drawn a clear distinction between Styles and Abnormalities/Minuses, I am pretty curious as to what a Style exactly is. Why exactly would it be exempt from Iihiko's destruction of Skills and Minuses? How exactly did the now "dead" Professor Tsurubami come up with them? It will feel kinda cheap if Styles are able to beat Iihiko despite all the Style users having been beaten already just "because", so I hope Nishio has a good explanation for this.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:06   Link #10802
Wolfenstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
Hero or otherwise, Medaka needs to find somehting that can defeat Iihiko especially since he can no sell Abnormals and Minuses. I guess there are things that Kumagawa's All Fiction and Medaka's The End cannot defeat all....
They just said they'll be teaching Medaka a style.

Never thought we'd actually see a training montage for Medaka, out of all people. But, like you said, her only flaw is that she's not strong enough.

Class 13's appereance really was just a pointless promotion - if they don't even show up anymore.

Removing Zenkichi from a Shiranui centric arc?

That's hilarious. Hilariously bad.

Removing Kumagawa?

:|

At least you gave us Nienami and Tsurubami - though. They'll be enough, along with Hanten, to offset Medaka's horribleness. One would find the manga is a careful balance of this, most of the time. Hanten even points it out in an obscure way.

Not bad, but not good, either. We must await further development.
Wolfenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 18:37   Link #10803
Last Carpet

So Medaka is learning a Style.
Great....just what we need, Miss All Powerful getting a new power to make her stronger.

And seriously, an arc focused on Shiranui without Zenkichi. That's a letdown

Glad Namanie showed up again, if nothing else I hope that Kamome and Namanie's Style's will be revealed in this arc. That's really all I have to look forward to at the moment.
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 20:27   Link #10804
DawnEmperor

@Sol I agree regarding styles. On one hand, continually creating new abilities will often leave readers pissed off as to any limits to the series. However, there should be convincing reasons as to why old abilities still have degrees of effectiveness.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 21:36   Link #10805
summers

Jam packed chapter, good re-read value. Still dont get it, it seems to me this is all happaning because that village just wants to keep a legend alive, just cause.
summers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 00:11   Link #10806
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Iihiko's backstory reminds me a little of Akio Ohtori's. Hell, both are even Satanic figures...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Never thought we'd actually see a training montage for Medaka, out of all people. But, like you said, her only flaw is that she's not strong enough.
One thing this manga has NEVER done is training montages. We always skip over them.
I wouldn't worry too much about that.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:20   Link #10807
NeutralZero

Still hoping for Ajimu to return... hope they would pull whatever crap it can be for her to return... even after the current arc...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 07:43   Link #10808
Westlo
Lets be reality

Don't worry, she'll return, just most of her hair won't.... dat Nisio.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 10:32   Link #10809
novalysis

I really suspect that Medaka isn't just an Abnormal, she's effectively a Not Equal in her infancy. In time, she may end up becoming a being increasingly nearer on par with Ajimu
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 10:35   Link #10810
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I really suspect that Medaka isn't just an Abnormal, she's effectively a Not Equal in her infancy. In time, she may end up becoming a being increasingly nearer on par with Ajimu
I had the same thought too, Medaka is well on her way to becoming Ajimu and it is only a matter of time before she surpasses her.
Old 2012-10-12, 11:18   Link #10811
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
This is WSJ
nobody ever dies.
ever.
Ajimu and Kumagawa will be back up in 3-5 chapters
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 11:19   Link #10812
Westlo
Lets be reality

Kumagawa's going to reappear for the popularity poll anyway.
Old 2012-10-12, 14:32   Link #10813
[HearT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
pfft that's probably spot-on when he'll reappear
Old 2012-10-12, 15:12   Link #10814
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
This is WSJ
nobody ever dies.
ever.
Ajimu and Kumagawa will be back up in 3-5 chapters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Hence why there is no tension, nobody is ever actually in any sort of danger or nobody can die even when they are killed.
Old 2012-10-12, 17:47   Link #10815
Lupus753

^ Thus, supporting my recent theory that Tite Kubo and Nisio Isin are actually the same person. Yet even I think that's a lame theory.
Lupus753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 18:01   Link #10816
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
^ Thus, supporting my recent theory that Tite Kubo and Nisio Isin are actually the same person. Yet even I think that's a lame theory.
Nisio is much better troll then Kubo.
Old 2012-10-12, 18:01   Link #10817
orangejuicetang

zz the people here are so cynical.

I can still see Ajimu being dead if not permanently, at least until the very, very end of this arc.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-12, 23:33   Link #10818
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupus753 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Nisio is much better troll then Kubo.
Nisio his a troll albeit a professional one.
Old 2012-10-13, 21:01   Link #10819
Amata Sora

So I'm kinda a noob to the series, but did Ajimu ever make Zenkichi a main character?
Amata Sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 21:05   Link #10820
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amata Sora View Post
So I'm kinda a noob to the series, but did Ajimu ever make Zenkichi a main character?
Did Ajimu wait for Medaka to graduate before she made her move?

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-10-14 at 00:58.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council