3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-26, 13:48   Link #141
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
So someone that starts exhibiting traits/behavior that goes completely against their known nature/personality is NOT a cause for concern?

Really now?

Thats always a big sign that something is going on
Well, he did it before. Going from Yuuki to Meijin.

And like I said, prior to the field change, the only change is that he was more aggressive. So yes, that's not a change to be concerned about, especially in the finals, where you can expect competitors to give their best effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Imagine if a good player, looked up and idolized by others, say Michael Jordan, suddenly went into a game and started going for borderline illegal moves and fouls, that would be a big deal for everyone. Everyone would be asking "WTF is wrong with this person?".

It's an even bigger problem because earlier, Yuuki was promising Sei and Reiji a good, clean and fun fight. And then suddenly in the match that was supposed to bring those, they got a Yuuki who's suddenly ruthless and acting like a dick. Considering GBF is primarily an anime about ideals and whatnot, a respected character not acting respectably is a problem.
But that's the problem. Everyone is acting like he's making borderline illegal moves. He's not. This is a competition where you're supposed to destroy your opponent.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 15:02   Link #142
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
One of the Super-serieus-about-silly-games staples is that one of the final moments is a for fun game between old rivals turned friends.

So I can totally see the series closing on Reji going home, after which Yuuki challenges Sei to a gunpla battle to cheer him up. It would be cliche in a good way
I could see this happening. Then in a post-credits scene Sei and Reiji meet again.

Earlier in the season I was expecting the final battle to be between Sei and Reiji after they won the tournament and reached the top. Over the course of the series, Sei growing to be a better fighter, being able to stand on his own eventually and be at the same level as Reiji. The final fight being a brawl between the two of them for fun and to see who's best.
Old 2014-03-26, 18:59   Link #143
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Two things I'm going to throw out. First, paraphrasing Shaw in my own words, How you do something matters just as much as why you do it.

Second: It takes a strong man to deny what's right in front of him. And if the truth is undeniable, you create your own.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:35   Link #144
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm thinking:

Moving scene of farewell. Ho-yay thrown in for good measure. Might not involve exchange of hair ribbons.

Then.

Sei finds Reiji pigging out in his home. Reiji comes up with some crap excuse. And we end on Sei's trademark scream.
Old 2014-03-26, 19:43   Link #145
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, he did it before. Going from Yuuki to Meijin.

And like I said, prior to the field change, the only change is that he was more aggressive. So yes, that's not a change to be concerned about, especially in the finals, where you can expect competitors to give their best effort. But that's the problem. Everyone is acting like he's making borderline illegal moves. He's not. This is a competition where you're supposed to destroy your opponent.
1. Yes, but everyone who knew him personally knew it was an ACT

2. He was not JUST more aggressive, his whole CHARACTER was different, his "aura" was different, his dress was out of normal, he didn't even RESPOND to anyone while the normal Meijin persona would have said something, Alan was not there, EVERYTHING was off

3. Best effort =/= completely changing your personality and going against character, we CLEARLY saw his best effort in the previous fight, and it was NOTHING like his piloting in the finals

4. Here is the core problem of your thinking, NOBODY was treating him like he was making illegal moves or the such, they were like "WHY is he like this? WHATS going on here?" THATS CONCERN not CONDEMNING,

If they were treating him the way you think they are the reactions and comments would be MUCH MUCH different

You are overthinking simple comments of concern

Last edited by Skye629; 2014-03-26 at 19:55.
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:53   Link #146
kuroihikari2

Yuuki's best effort would be him not firing beam rifle shots at the SBS.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 20:42   Link #147
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
I'm thinking:

Moving scene of farewell. Ho-yay thrown in for good measure. Might not involve exchange of hair ribbons.

Then.

Sei finds Reiji pigging out in his home. Reiji comes up with some crap excuse. And we end on Sei's trademark scream.
That would definitely work. End the series on a humorous note.
Old 2014-03-26, 21:21   Link #148
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

But they don't wear ribbons, since when GBF turn into yuriesque moe series, meister?
Old 2014-03-27, 00:28   Link #149
Aurelis
Daydreamer

The best ending is for an appearance of HGUC Neo Zeong, destroying something that looks like the G-Recon Gundam, thus signalling season 2.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 01:11   Link #150
monster

Quote:
1. Yes, but everyone who knew him personally knew it was an ACT

2. He was not JUST more aggressive, his whole CHARACTER was different, his "aura" was different, his dress was out of normal, he didn't even RESPOND to anyone while the normal Meijin persona would have said something, Alan was not there, EVERYTHING was off
All superficial changes, aside from the aura, which I'll come back to.
Quote:
3. Best effort =/= completely changing your personality and going against character, we CLEARLY saw his best effort in the previous fight, and it was NOTHING like his piloting in the finals
Obviously not, if he can do better.
Quote:
4. Here is the core problem of your thinking, NOBODY was treating him like he was making illegal moves or the such, they were like "WHY is he like this? WHATS going on here?" THATS CONCERN not CONDEMNING,
That was hyperbole on my part, and it's really a response to LoweGear.
Quote:
If they were treating him the way you think they are the reactions and comments would be MUCH MUCH different

You are overthinking simple comments of concern
Yes, it is a comment of concern. But considering the nature of the show and how they have portrayed the second Meijin and Yuuki's change, even to the point of sensing the aura changed, it is still being implied that it not a good change. People are not concerned when change is for the good, only if it was for the bad.

And I simply dislike that kind of reaction that is being presented.
Old 2014-03-27, 04:24   Link #151
Skye629

Quote:
All superficial changes, aside from the aura, which I'll come back to.

Obviously not, if he can do better.

That was hyperbole on my part, and it's really a response to LoweGear.

Yes, it is a comment of concern. But considering the nature of the show and how they have portrayed the second Meijin and Yuuki's change, even to the point of sensing the aura changed, it is still being implied that it not a good change. People are not concerned when change is for the good, only if it was for the bad.

And I simply dislike that kind of reaction that is being presented.
2. (going in order), If he could have done better he would have won faster, simple

3. Oh, nvm on that

4. People do get concerned if change appears to be good, but it highly depends on the situation context. Anyways this is the main point I wanted to get across to you, that their comments were more out of concern than anything else (like comments made specifically to put him into a negative light, like "omg he's a horrible person for fighting this way" as opposed to "why is he doing this? this isnt like the Yuuki I know")

5. If you don't like the portrayal, thats fine by me, we all approach things differently
Old 2014-03-27, 09:21   Link #152
monster

Quote:
2. (going in order), If he could have done better he would have won faster, simple
Not necessarily. It depends on who he is fighting. That said, he was clearly putting and Sei and Reiji in a corner even before the field change.
Quote:
4. People do get concerned if change appears to be good, but it highly depends on the situation context. Anyways this is the main point I wanted to get across to you, that their comments were more out of concern than anything else (like comments made specifically to put him into a negative light, like "omg he's a horrible person for fighting this way" as opposed to "why is he doing this? this isnt like the Yuuki I know")

5. If you don't like the portrayal, thats fine by me, we all approach things differently
That's the thing, even the context doesn't support the idea that they should be worried about Yuuki. This was, after all, still a harmless competition, so they're clearly questioning the merit of his action, just as much if not more so than his well being.
Old 2014-03-27, 10:19   Link #153
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Not necessarily. It depends on who he is fighting. That said, he was clearly putting and Sei and Reiji in a corner even before the field change.
It looked like Reiji adapted to Meijin's fighting style, after getting curbstomped for 5 minutes, he started being able to dodge Meijin's strikes. The field change was bad and Reiji lost his momentum, but what really screwed Reiji was the Brinicle Blade destroying his beamsabers, leaving him with nothing to protect himself from getting skewered.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 10:46   Link #154
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesman View Post
It looked like Reiji adapted to Meijin's fighting style, after getting curbstomped for 5 minutes, he started being able to dodge Meijin's strikes. The field change was bad and Reiji lost his momentum, but what really screwed Reiji was the Brinicle Blade destroying his beamsabers, leaving him with nothing to protect himself from getting skewered.
Of course, Reiji might still win, but that's all the more reason to not give him a chance. Overconfidence can always be one's undoing, as it did here.
Old 2014-03-27, 21:06   Link #155
Skye629

Quote:
That's the thing, even the context doesn't support the idea that they should be worried about Yuuki. This was, after all, still a harmless competition, so they're clearly questioning the merit of his action, just as much if not more so than his well being.
Sigh, thats what you are missing though, there IS a reason that they should be worried, they all know how much Yuuki's ideals and style differed/went against the Second Meijin's, he does not even need to tell anyone with experience with the Second that he is completely opposed to his teachings, yet all of a sudden he goes down that path himself? It may be physically harmless (not counting Embody), but it still is harmful for Yuuki's mental integrity and how others view him
Old 2014-03-28, 03:48   Link #156
monster

Quote:
Sigh, thats what you are missing though, there IS a reason that they should be worried, they all know how much Yuuki's ideals and style differed/went against the Second Meijin's, he does not even need to tell anyone with experience with the Second that he is completely opposed to his teachings, yet all of a sudden he goes down that path himself? It may be physically harmless (not counting Embody), but it still is harmful for Yuuki's mental integrity and how others view him
That's actually part of what I'm disappointed with. When they said that the second Meijin emphasized winning above everything else, and they even connected him with the Chairman in this episode, I was thinking they were saying that the second Meijin would go through any underhanded tactics and cheat his way through victory. But after seeing the comparison being made in this episode, I realized they just meant he had a relentless battling style.

The problem is, like I said before, I don't find the Meijin's battling style in this episode to be extreme, or even borderline illegal, if that's even possible in this kind of a match. Yes, he's more aggressive, but that's it. That Yuuki's mental integrity would even come into question over this is exactly what I dislike.

In other words, if they want to say that the second Meijin had a wrong philosophy, then fine. But show something more than just being aggressive in a match.
Old 2014-03-28, 05:59   Link #157
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Then that's means everything boils down to "I don't think Meijin the Second was wrong at all" which means "My opinion are valid therefore the show is wrong"

Am I right?

If that's the case, let's fold the debate. The difference of viewpoint was what started the clusterfuck in the first place.
Old 2014-03-28, 07:18   Link #158
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Then that's means everything boils down to "I don't think Meijin the Second was wrong at all" which means "My opinion are valid therefore the show is wrong"

Am I right?

If that's the case, let's fold the debate. The difference of viewpoint was what started the clusterfuck in the first place.
I actually don't have a strong opinion either way on the second Meijin as we know so little about him. But on that note, it does make me question this presupposition when they compare him to what the third Meijin does in this episode.
Old 2014-03-28, 08:11   Link #159
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

So will we be seeing the characters piloting the 1/1 Gundam and Zaku and fight the A Baoa Qu?
Old 2014-03-28, 09:15   Link #160
Death Usagi
Banned

Seriously speaking, this whole battle should become invalid, where I demand a rematch =3=
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote