Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-12-28, 11:50   Link #3321
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
If it wasn't for the spoilsport accompanying me on the trip I would have gotten better views to savour

Also, is it a culture to praise the girls? I was at a grillhouse in Iga just now and one of the aitresses was really cute with her haircut and makeup (hime-cut with two fringes and a round face) and was thinking if saying "Anata wa utsukushii desu" to her but we had to rush for the station.
Oh dear, being so forward .. you're a nanpa-man!? Wonder what Sume would say about this.. they grow up so fast..
Old 2013-12-28, 12:04   Link #3322
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Oh dear, being so forward .. you're a nanpa-man!? Wonder what Sume would say about this.. they grow up so fast..
nah... he sounds more like a lolicon/chikan jii-san oggling gyaru (who would fit his descriptions)
Old 2013-12-28, 18:14   Link #3323
maplehurry

Quote:
Alright I am in Japan right now, and I just realised that the girls put on makeup even when they are going to school.

And damn; they are REALLY pretty when they dress up. It is like pretty girls are a commodity there. I just left Shibuya and I realised that cute girl at a lolicious height just has to wear thigh-highs with heels or heeled boots to make themselves look taller so she looks like a bishoujo with makeup.

It is like looking pretty is a girl's culture there. I am in heaven.
Do they also wear short skirts in winter ?
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:38   Link #3324
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
nah... he sounds more like a lolicon/chikan jii-san oggling gyaru (who would fit his descriptions)
I am NOT anyone of those you idiot. Stop slandering me.

Quote:
I am not a nanpa-man! I am just praising a girl for her dress sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehurry View Post
Do they also wear short skirts in winter ?
YES! And that is the good part! Stockings are not an issue!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2013-12-29 at 04:27.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-28, 19:47   Link #3325
Seitsuki
Onee!

I'm more curious, do people assume you're native? At least before you open your mouth

There are a ton of other Asians there if I recall, my family managed fine without knowing almost any JP because literally everywhere we went there was someone who knew chinese.
Old 2013-12-28, 22:00   Link #3326
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
I'm more curious, do people assume you're native? At least before you open your mouth

There are a ton of other Asians there if I recall, my family managed fine without knowing almost any JP because literally everywhere we went there was someone who knew chinese.
Dunno about what they think you are in their heads, but by default, they speak to you in Jap, treat you as if you are JP.

Could be because even if you are non-Japanese everyone residing there will know the language and culture anyway...so they assume you are a resident rather than a visitor unless you really look foreign.
Old 2013-12-28, 22:26   Link #3327
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

idk if this is the right thread but i would like to know people who are not japanese who are currently working in japan,

how would you describe the culture in a japanese workplace,
how did you apply for a job there, is it through agencies, internet or went to japan directly,
what would be the best salary that would help you suvive in urban places

i know speaking japanese fluently is very important so i,m currently working on it slowly
someday i plan to work there

i recently graduated business admin. and currently working as a data analyst,

any advice,ideas,comments,suggestions would be great
Old 2013-12-30, 18:13   Link #3328
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post

I visited the Gold Temple in kyoto a couple of days ago and I was approached by PRC tourists who asked me to take photos for them. They spoke to me in a mix of accented English and Mandarin until I replied back in Mandarin.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-01-01, 20:30   Link #3329
AnimeFan188

Abe says Japan's pacifist constitution may be revised by 2020:

"Japan's nationalist Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said the country's pacifist
post-World War II constitution which limits its military to self-defence could be
amended by 2020.

In a New Year comment published in the conservative daily Sankei Shimbun on
Wednesday, Abe predicted the constitution "will have been revised" by 2020 when
Tokyo hosts the Summer Olympics."

See:

http://www.spacedaily.com/reports/Ab..._2020_999.html
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-02, 08:47   Link #3330
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am starting to see a trend as the weather gets colder; more girls dress like my waifu Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata : red rimmed glasses, brown short hair and black stockings.

Old 2014-01-02, 10:28   Link #3331
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
I am starting to see a trend as the weather gets colder; more girls dress like my waifu Mirai from Kyoukai no Kanata : red rimmed glasses, brown short hair and black stockings.
...Is this true? I gotta get my ass to Japan.
Old 2014-01-03, 14:34   Link #3332
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
...Is this true? I gotta get my ass to Japan.
Pix or it ain't true. I remember that fashion is important in Japan but I was generally unimpressed by the level of attractiveness of the girls there vis-a-vis any other country or city I've been to. The maids in Akiba were the most disappointing. Brrr...
Old 2014-01-03, 18:34   Link #3333
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Pix or it ain't true. I remember that fashion is important in Japan but I was generally unimpressed by the level of attractiveness of the girls there vis-a-vis any other country or city I've been to. The maids in Akiba were the most disappointing. Brrr...
You want me to get mauled by their fathers?

It is family time here it seems. Most of these cute little things are travelling with their families; unless I want to spend the rest of my trip in a koban, I try not to take pictures of them.

As for the maids, you have to "shop" around. There were a few adorable ones down at Maidreamin's main and Queen's Cafe round the Taito building. I wanted to go into one but I was worried that I can't get back to the station in time; it was rather crammed on the first day of the year.

EDIT :

I think it is time I find a loli to give this to :

Japan sure knows how to make gifts for children; especially girls.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2014-01-03 at 19:00.
Old 2014-01-03, 22:59   Link #3334
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I've learned that if you want cute/hot girls you don't go to the maid cafes...

You go to BL shops
Old 2014-01-03, 23:23   Link #3335
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You go to BL shops
Except that they are rather.....disturbed. Cute? Definitely (the one in one of those alley shops, 3rd floor are meganekkos), but I am not sure of their mental state.

Old 2014-01-03, 23:59   Link #3336
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Except that they are rather.....disturbed. Cute? Definitely (the one in one of those alley shops, 3rd floor are meganekkos), but I am not sure of their mental state.
Amazing mental state
Old 2014-01-12, 22:05   Link #3337
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Can someone remind me of the current diplomatic status between idol group fanatics and otaku?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-13, 14:59   Link #3338
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Can someone remind me of the current diplomatic status between idol group fanatics and otaku?
Despite their devotion to idol-seiyuu, some "aniota" have taken 2D so seriously (and thus have become a hallmark of their self-stereotyping) that anything, including real idols and women, as a threat to their own world. It is not surprising that in 2ch such aniota would launch tirades against idols and their fans, insisting that 2D idols (including the electronic variety) are superior, highly customizable and personalized, and invulnerable to real-life maladies that plague idols such as sickness and strict rules (think of the song "Claire Danes Poster" by Size 14).

On the other hand, idol fans, who are called wota, sometimes do watch anime but their greater loyalty remains with the girls they admire (their favorites are referred to as "oshimen"). They do not spend money on ACG but on idol-related music and merchandising partly as a way of supporting their oshimen. There are a class of wota who feel that idols are preferable objects of admiration because they think they are more "real" and have their own share of real-life ups and downs that 2D idols don't have; wota do provide emotional support to their oshimen, but they are a very fickle lot that any hint of rule-breaking (such as secret romantic liaisons) is considered a taboo unless an idol "graduates" from the group or the scene.

Thus with this cultural gap between such fandoms, often they are in disagreement, if not outright online warfare.

BTW, some idols are also ardent fans of anime, and they actually even participate in otaku activities such as assembling their own custom Gundams or cosplaying as their favorite anime characters during handshake events.
Old 2014-01-14, 21:00   Link #3339
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

What are the reactions of wota regarding idols in anime?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-15, 05:19   Link #3340
sa547
*Author

It's a rather complicated answer (again, no thanks to the misinformation or distortions presented by some English-language websites bordering onto sensationalism), but I'll try to answer: some of them are also fans of idol anime, and some aren't interested as it's possibly because they want to avoid being lumped with the 2D-only camp. Others would try to nitpick such shows for authenticity or find faults. Also, if some wota are also seiyuu fans, of course they'll watch anything that features their favorite seiyuu, even idol anime.

Tags
culture, discussion, japan, japanese culture