AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

Old 2006-03-24, 23:01   Link #1
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Kanon 2006 (Generic Discussion)

Perhaps I'm wrong, but another heads up from Haeleth is the Kanon 2006 TV series, re done by Kyoto Animation and with the same opening/ending as from the game instead of a new one.

http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?...sea=&tid=&rid=

Can anyone help me translate this?

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:16   Link #2
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Perhaps I'm wrong, but another heads up from Haeleth is the Kanon 2006 TV series, re done by Kyoto Animation and with the same opening/ending as from the game instead of a new one.

http://www.animate.tv/nf/detail.php?...sea=&tid=&rid=

Can anyone help me translate this?
Rundown: Kyoto Animation, the gods of high-quality sakuga anime, has announced that they are doing their own "Kanon" TV series to air this fall on BS-i.

My take: While Toei's "Kanon" back in 2001 was moderately successful, many fans (including myself) preferred the job that Kyoto Animation pulled off on "AIR."
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:25   Link #3
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Thanks for the quick reply kj1980.

And now I'm speechless. This is amazing! I get to see Shiori in ultra high quality animated masterpiece greatness!

Hmmm... perhaps Kyoto will really go on and make a Planetarian Movie...

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:28   Link #4
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Rundown: Kyoto Animation, the gods of high-quality sakuga anime, has announced that they are doing their own "Kanon" TV series to air this fall on BS-i.
Oh wow! Kyo, eh...that's awesome! This will go on my watch list for sure.
Catgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:37   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

KyoAni's doing a remake of Kanon?! Great news. I can't wait for this one. To think we'll actually get to see Kanon with the animation it deserves!
Old 2006-03-24, 23:40   Link #6
justsomeguy

...There is a God! The original Kanon was already one of my favorites; now it's gonna get even better!
I hope Ayu wins again.

That said, please, Triad! I know some of your members worked on the original; please sub this too!

...wait a minute, there's gonna be a Clannad movie in 2007 by Toei Animation? Would Kyoto do a companion anime? This is just too much!
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:47   Link #7
bluemist
i am the mist

WOW! A remake!

Since Kyoto Animation made AIR I was thinking that they'd do the rest of Key's game lineup... but I never expected them to backtrack and re-do Kanon.

A canon Kanon... interesting. Hopefully another benchmark forward in this genre.
Old 2006-03-24, 23:54   Link #8
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
...wait a minute, there's gonna be a Clannad movie in 2007 by Toei Animation? Would Kyoto do a companion anime? This is just too much!
I hope so. The AIR movie was animated by toei as well, wasn't it? Perhaps a Clannad tv series will be KyoAni's next project after Kanon? Pure speculation though.

By the way, perhaps that one bit should be in a spoiler tag? It's possible people who never played the game or saw the original because they were turned off by the animation might want to see this because of KyoAni's work on AIR.
Old 2006-03-24, 23:55   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Despite the art (edit: actually, I didn't mind it at all, to be honest - I even liked it), the original Kanon anime is still one of my favorites. The fact that they're remaking it (and it'll be in HD too, I'm sure)... wow! With the amount of source material out there today, I never would have expected them to go back and revisit old "classics", but I'm not complaining in the slightest. That probably means that we can expect a Clannad TV anime in 2007 to go with the already-announced movie. Great! The more Key stuff, the better, as far as I'm concerned. (I can already hear the people chanting "overrated" already, but not in my books. ) Now, I just hope that it comes straight to BluRay...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-24, 23:59   Link #10
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
A remake of Kanon only it's going to have godlike animation thanks to Kyoto Animation? Not complaining one bit!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 00:01   Link #11
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
By the way, perhaps that one bit should be in a spoiler tag?
Well, there's no indication that Kyoto Animation will definitely go with the Ayu route. (if they don't that would suck. ~uguu)

I do not consider a 4 year old story to be a spoiler... unless that fact that Vader is Luke's dad and that Aeris dies should be spoilers too.
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 01:24   Link #12
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

Hell, even if they redid the old series verbatim with that excellent artwork I'd be happy.

I'm really looking forward to this because I did like the Kanon anime but felt several groups could have done far better jobs.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 02:00   Link #13
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Great news indeed.

I barely remember the original show, but I'll be sure to watch this new version when it pops out.
Old 2006-03-25, 02:43   Link #14
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Considering that everything Kyoto Animation touches turns to gold (aesthetically, I mean), this is really exciting news. The thing I'm concerned about: will they change the story in any way?

Unfounded fears, most probably...
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 02:46   Link #15
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Kyoani on "Kanon"?

*thinks about the meaning for a second*

...Wow...wow.... *begins mental delusion*

The report mentioned a trailer, I'm gonna extend all my feelers to find this one.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 02:47   Link #16
Kanna
The Triad
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
That said, please, Triad! I know some of your members worked on the original; please sub this too!
I have indeed worked on the original (with AnimeINC, not Triad) and I am NOT looking forward to this. Well maybe, depends on how much less the series bores me. If the pacing is anything like the first one, I won't be touching it with any length of pole.

That said, I was perfectly fine with the ending with Nayuki, hope that happens again. Ayu's just too annoying. Oh, and I hope they fix the mouth-to-chin proportions.
Kanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 02:59   Link #17
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanna
I have indeed worked on the original (with AnimeINC, not Triad) and I am NOT looking forward to this. Well maybe, depends on how much less the series bores me. If the pacing is anything like the first one, I won't be touching it with any length of pole.

That said, I was perfectly fine with the ending with Nayuki, hope that happens again. Ayu's just too annoying. Oh, and I hope they fix the mouth-to-chin proportions.
Don't say that too loud in a hardcore Kanon fan thread

And the ending was Ayu's... Poor Nayuki... My favorite character
Old 2006-03-25, 03:35   Link #18
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
The thing I'm concerned about: will they change the story in any way?

Unfounded fears, most probably...
Well, if anything, I think it'll be closer to the game in terms of story, not further from it. I thought the original Kanon anime worked pretty well as a standalone anime (and I'll always have a soft spot for that OP), but as kj1980 said, a lot of the game fans weren't as impressed. So, I can only imagine that the production team's big objective this time has got to be to please the game fans - and since most game fans agree that they rose to the occasion with Air, I think we can expect nothing less from the new Kanon.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 06:15   Link #19
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Regarding the Cast:-

<キャスト>
月宮あゆ:堀江由衣
水瀬名雪:國府田マリ子
川澄 舞:田村ゆかり
美坂 栞:佐藤 朱
沢渡真琴:飯塚雅弓

Nothing's change. Good.

And the Staff :-
<スタッフ>
原作:Key/ビジュアルアーツ
監督:石原立也
シリーズ構成・脚本:志茂文彦
キャラクター原案:桶上いたる
キャラクターデザイン/総作画監督:池田和美
音楽:折戸伸治、麻枝准、OdiakeS
音楽制作:Key
オープニングテーマ「Last regrets」/彩菜
エンディングテーマ「風の辿り着く場所」/彩菜
アニメーション制作:京都アニメーション

Most of those guys work on AIR before. Good or bad, I seriously don't know.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 07:58   Link #20
Keitarou
Ninja

Burn them people complaining about Kanon alive! :D

Anyway, by far the best news I've heard in a few years. The original Kanon series was pretty good, actually it was the series which pretty much influenced my addiction to the whole b-game thing etc.. Despite obvious shortcomings I felt they did a good job on combining the overlapping stories and make the whole thing reasonable and well conveyed. In comparison I'm not as hyped up about the AIR series, while the animation is definitely godlike, the series itself suffered from a few flaws.

Anyway, looking forward to it of course. Animation will be probably godlike as well and as long as it ends up with Ayu route again I'll surely enjoy it. Hell, who am I kidding, I'll enjoy it in any case being the Kanon fan I am. This news is almost too good to be true. :)

And remember Kanon > everything else :)

Oh and good that the old seiyuu cast is back again. I sure wouldn't like to hear anybody else than Yui Horie as Ayu's voice.
Keitarou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, romance, school life, seinen