AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-01-17, 19:04   Link #21
Terra

I don't see Setsuna as acting as cool. I see him as a traumatized kid who doesn't know how to express himself. He obviously hasn't had much normal contact with people, so he's not going to communicate well with people. I'd like to see you grow up in that situation and not be a bit like him. Plus you have to remember he's only 16. He's young and makes stupid mistakes. But then we all do. It's life.

If they do kill him, it'll be right at the end of the series, but I don't see it happening. In fact, I'm having a hard seeing any of the meisters being killed in the series. They all have pretty crap pasts to overcome and it doesn't feel right to kill any of them off once they've overcome them.

Lockon could easily have a character change if they decide to kill his twin off. That's certainly a way to screw a character over without actually killing them.
Old 2008-01-17, 19:09   Link #22
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
I don't see Setsuna as acting as cool. I see him as a traumatized kid who doesn't know how to express himself. He obviously hasn't had much normal contact with people, so he's not going to communicate well with people. I'd like to see you grow up in that situation and not be a bit like him. Plus you have to remember he's only 16. He's young and makes stupid mistakes. But then we all do. It's life.
Yeah. I don't say it's unrealistic. I just say that he seems to be most annoying of the whole four to me so far.

Quote:
If they do kill him, it'll be right at the end of the series, but I don't see it happening. In fact, I'm having a hard seeing any of the meisters being killed in the series. They all have pretty crap pasts to overcome and it doesn't feel right to kill any of them off once they've overcome them.
Agreed

Quote:
Lockon could easily have a character change if they decide to kill his twin off. That's certainly a way to screw a character over without actually killing them.
Now, that's a great idea. I'm just waiting for the episode when we could dig deeper into Lockon-his twin relation and get to know more about them.
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 20:05   Link #23
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

About Lockon dying:

There is one thing that's a bigger plot shield than Lacus Dust in the gundam universe and that's Haro. Nobody in possession of the franchise mascot dies...ever.

The Haro is like the GGPwn Star in Super Mario World.
Old 2008-01-17, 20:12   Link #24
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
About Lockon dying:

There is one thing that's a bigger plot shield than Lacus Dust in the gundam universe and that's Haro. Nobody in possession of the franchise mascot dies...ever.

Well, maybe this time he dies and Haro could change its master. Maybe Felt Grace shall be the new Master. Maybe a "pink-haired girl + Haro" configuration will also become a part of the franchise? :P

I got an idea! Lockon gives his orange haro to Felt and then he dies Besides, with one of the Throne's pilots having a haro, too, the plot shield would have to "shield" two characters this time. Could it stand such pressure?
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 20:26   Link #25
Demongod86

Yes. Then we'd have a Lockon X Neena pairing, which is more tolerable than a 12-year difference with Lockon hitting on 14 year old Felt. Not to mention Neena is such a walking fanservice icon, second only to Sumeragi...
Old 2008-01-17, 20:50   Link #26
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
About Lockon dying:

Ever heard of Amuro Rey? ...

He INVENTED THE HARO and he supposedly died doing what you have blatantly joked about as one of your catch phrases on this site for years, and that's "Getting OWNED by a ROCK..." :/

Must I even bring up Meer who reportedly had a bunch of little balls surrounding her at most times aswell...

Lockon has a twin brother which opens up many possibilities IMO (Especially in a Gundam series that incoporates space-drama--Ever watched a soap where the same actor plays the twin just to replace himself later on after he kicks it?)...His lack of melee skills also worries me in a tight battle...Also he has that jovial attitude and normal guy persona that tends to lead to characters sacrificing themselves for others (Mwu La Flaga for a brief example)...I don't know, he might get the axe...
Old 2008-01-17, 21:23   Link #27
Terra

We don't know how skilled Lockon is really in melee since we just have that one scene. Sure he's going to be no expert, just like Setsuna isn't a long range expert. But we have little to base just how good he is atm.

Also there was this bit of info that came out from an interview that says
Spoiler for Lockon:

Quote:
Yes. Then we'd have a Lockon X Neena pairing, which is more tolerable than a 12-year difference with Lockon hitting on 14 year old Felt. Not to mention Neena is such a walking fanservice icon, second only to Sumeragi...
Actually it's 10 years. Lockon is 24.
Old 2008-01-17, 21:51   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Lockon has a twin brother which opens up many possibilities IMO (Especially in a Gundam series that incoporates space-drama--Ever watched a soap where the same actor plays the twin just to replace himself later on after he kicks it?)...His lack of melee skills also worries me in a tight battle...Also he has that jovial attitude and normal guy persona that tends to lead to characters sacrificing themselves for others (Mwu La Flaga for a brief example)...I don't know, he might get the axe...
I'm not going to go ahead and say "i don't think Lockon is a possibly candidate to be killed", i mean it has all the chances of happening, though with the twin part of the story, and only having seen the twin once, i think the chances of him dying are going to be much higher during the second season. Possibly after we've learn more about it --- and i don't us learning more before episode 25 hits.
Old 2008-01-17, 22:10   Link #29
Demongod86

Quote:
Ever heard of Amuro Rey? ...

He INVENTED THE HARO and he supposedly died doing what you have blatantly joked about as one of your catch phrases on this site for years, and that's "Getting OWNED by a ROCK..." :/

Must I even bring up Meer who reportedly had a bunch of little balls surrounding her at most times aswell...

He wasn't in possession of the Haro at the time of his death, however, ditto Meer. Meer's death was a hack anyway.

Lockon sacrificing himself? Maybe for the ladies.
Old 2008-01-17, 22:13   Link #30
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm not going to go ahead and say "i don't think Lockon is a possibly candidate to be killed", i mean it has all the chances of happening, though with the twin part of the story, and only having seen the twin once, i think the chances of him dying are going to be much higher during the second season. Possibly after we've learn more about it --- and i don't us learning more before episode 25 hits.
This series has shown a pension for using one or two episode arcs to fully dive into character issues, so I don't necessarily think it would take 10-15 eps to bring about a situation where his twin gets the proper exposure for him to die...Again this is just speculation on my part but he gives me some vibes...
Old 2008-01-18, 02:19   Link #31
lordgemini
a visitor from Moon Moon

Ok my bets so far:

Lockon: He is the dispensable gundam meister, (I love him, bus is a fact) , Setsuna is the hero, Tieria have a lot of development to come and Allelujah have to defeat Hallelujah before he die, also Lockon have the twin brother not only in the Dynamos, but also as a "Lockon kataki" against those who kill him

For the LockonxFelt and Sestuna xAMrina, Remembre that Kuroda also do the script for Onegai teacher, so an age difference in a couple doesn't mean anything

Sergei: Yes , he is the face of HRL, but also he can be substitute by anyone, in his dead, we will see and another cool designed character that will say "I will take were you lift, Sergei" or "Sergei, that stupid, his heart was too soft", or something like that, is a fact that the "evil guys" can do that withou problems

Louis or here mom: my first bet was Louise, but after the Mom comedy, maybe her can fill the role in the Development of Saiji, he need someone near him to die so he can become a pilot in the second season (what i don't know is if as a part of CB or against them)
lordgemini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 14:45   Link #32
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
stop talking about killing off lockon, he's the coolest character ever and it's horrible to think this negative.

I think i'm the only one who thinks Grahm is gonna die i just feel that way cause he's just so freaking confident in himself and he's also the pretty boy they always die
fuzzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 15:05   Link #33
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzles View Post
stop talking about killing off lockon, he's the coolest character ever and it's horrible to think this negative.

I think i'm the only one who thinks Grahm is gonna die i just feel that way cause he's just so freaking confident in himself and he's also the pretty boy they always die
I think you just contradicted yourself there. Lockon fits your description of Graham pretty well. Lockon, in fact, fits the pretty boy description much more.

But no, Lockon will probably not die, and neither will Graham. Now that even more Union characters have appeared--and all seem to be either fodder or Graham's detractors--Graham will surely not die, even by the end of the series, probably.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 17:10   Link #34
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Yeah Graham is about as safe as a 'roided-up baseball player sliding into home...You see unlike Ali or Lockon, Graham isn't as dispensable...Just last episode we finally got a nugget of Graham's character that has yet to be revealed (His supposed killing of a superior officer)...Ali has Setsuna's development as a vice that will stretch until he is dealt with...And Lockon has a character waiting in the wings to potentially replace him and//or serve as a reminder to his character's plight (His twin)...Graham has no reasonings to be dealt with that will shape another characters' fate at this point...So again, I'm not saying Lockon will die, I'm saying he seems to have a marginal amount of material that suggests he MAY DIE...Honestly I don't think he survives the series if I'm going off of my Gundam-intuition from seeing every series...But we'll see...
Old 2008-01-18, 18:54   Link #35
Papaya
Sup

You're right there, but in the same way, I don't feel Ali is dispensable either. We just found out something very interesting about him in episode 14, too, after all. Ali is basically the incarnation of Setsuna's entire past. This is a show not just about politics and war, but very much a personal story of growing up. If Setsuna got rid of Ali anytime NOT at the end of the series, much of his perceived personal motivation would be removed.

In addition, Ali represents what is more or less the pinnacle of evil in this show. He is an opportunistic businessman who lives from the misery of others. We don't even know at this point what Ali was doing in Setsuna's childhood--personally I think he was there just to jumpstart a war so his company could get involved.
Old 2008-01-18, 20:24   Link #36
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^I don't agree with Ali being the pinnacle of evil...I think the true evil of this series remains to be seen (And it might even be Celestial Being itself)...Sure he's a piece of trash with no redeeming qualities in terms of his respect for human life, but I just can't envision a final showdown where one character represents the hopes and dreams of what can be (or a new found faith in God) verses a character whose just out to get a dollar (Even if it's the bloodiest dollar)...Characters like Rau Le Creset had a philosophical passion, an enigmatic desire to end humanity...CCA Char had an idealistic apex he was trying to achieve...Haman, Gin Ginnenhiem, Scirocco, The Frost Brothers, etc. all had this dream (however diluted) that by beating the main character something bigger than themselves would be achieved...I just don't think Ali compares to that as a bain to the main character...Which is why from the moment I saw him he ooozed mid-boss to me...

For Ali to be far more than a mid-boss just strikes me as so UnGundam...Now Mishuzima has already flipped the script on me a couple of times and I'm sure he will again, but I'll be very surprised if Ali is a major player (The level of a final boss) because he stands for nothing...And I believe once Setsuna destroys him it will evolve his character to the point of taking on the next challenge with a clear mind (What Ali will truly stand for IMO)...At this point he's still really just a confused boy who can't get over his past...I think you totally inflate Ali's character beyond his helium intake if you make him the pinnacle of anything IMHO...He's defiantly a great mobile suit pilot and a cog that keeps certain parts moving, but more than that? I'm not confident in it...
Old 2008-01-18, 20:59   Link #37
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I don't see any of the Gundam Meister dying during season finale. I feel that these 4 will survive through the series.

I can see Ali dying. He is pure evil and once the conflict between he and Setsuna is solved. He will die, probably in a cliffhanger ending battle with Setsuna, which we only know if any one of them bought it the next season

I also think that the Hallelujah personality will die, and merge with Allelujah, forming a complete *new* personality. We will see a new Allelujah the next season!

One thing I'm sure of, is Patrick won't die. He will survive both season!
Old 2008-01-18, 21:17   Link #38
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
^I don't agree with Ali being the pinnacle of evil...I think the true evil of this series remains to be seen (And it might even be Celestial Being itself)...Sure he's a piece of trash with no redeeming qualities in terms of his respect for human life, but I just can't envision a final showdown where one character represents the hopes and dreams of what can be (or a new found faith in God) verses a character whose just out to get a dollar (Even if it's the bloodiest dollar)...Characters like Rau Le Creset had a philosophical passion, an enigmatic desire to end humanity...CCA Char had an idealistic apex he was trying to achieve...Haman, Gin Ginnenhiem, Scirocco, The Frost Brothers, etc. all had this dream (however diluted) that by beating the main character something bigger than themselves would be achieved...I just don't think Ali compares to that as a bain to the main character...Which is why from the moment I saw him he ooozed mid-boss to me...

For Ali to be far more than a mid-boss just strikes me as so UnGundam...Now Mishuzima has already flipped the script on me a couple of times and I'm sure he will again, but I'll be very surprised if Ali is a major player (The level of a final boss) because he stands for nothing...And I believe once Setsuna destroys him it will evolve his character to the point of taking on the next challenge with a clear mind (What Ali will truly stand for IMO)...At this point he's still really just a confused boy who can't get over his past...I think you totally inflate Ali's character beyond his helium intake if you make him the pinnacle of anything IMHO...He's defiantly a great mobile suit pilot and a cog that keeps certain parts moving, but more than that? I'm not confident in it...
Well, you see, he's not the ultimate evil in the normal sense of the phrase, but to Setsuna and Co., he is. PMC's and mercenaries thrive on war--war is what Celestial Being is trying to demolish. So far, Ali is the only character who does things for money and for the fight--everyone else does it for honor, for political gain, or for other reasons--but they'd all probably rather get it through by peaceful means.

I'm not saying he's going to be the final, final boss--I agree, he's no Scirocco or Rau--even Gil could (maybe) bitchslap this guy in terms of cool. But, he will absolutely be Setsuna's final boss, unless for some reason they're going to do a full reboot for season 2. I suspect each meister will have their own "boss encounter" though.

On another note, speculation that XXX may join Celestial Being is highly, highly unlikely. Sergei is a good guy, yes, but he's not joining CB, and neither is Soma or Graham. However noble they are, if they did, there'd be no bad guys at all. There'd be no fight.

On another hand, I also suspect that the final encounters will be taken from our current cast of characters. The Thrones don't seem at all like final boss encounters to me, and if anything, I fully expect some of them to be eventually taken down by MS's piloted not by our main meisters.
Old 2008-01-18, 21:31   Link #39
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Right now I can only see 2 Final Bosses in our current set-up...

Tieria and Graham ( I see enuff in each character to flip or use their clear sense of pride as a catapult into a more extreme manifestation)

Perhaps it will be an unamed character (VEDA's brain in a Gundam LMAO, Hey it can happen)...The one thing that's always been so great about Gundam is that YOU NEVER KNOW who the final boss will truly be until it unveils itself...Usually it's circumstances that create a Final Boss rather than it being a given (Lots of times the final boss starts off as being a former comrade or a lowkey character)...I mean a year from now we might be seeing someone as obscure as Soma in a supped up mech newtyping $hit...You just never know in Gundam, and I love that...
Old 2008-01-19, 05:07   Link #40
lordgemini
a visitor from Moon Moon

Quote:
Right now I can only see 2 Final Bosses in our current set-up...
I think you are forgetting Alejandro Corner, he seem as a possible Final boss to me, he seems to have and agenda, is a big fish of CB and also have at his services a blond boy who speaks as amuro rey, he must be something

Also I agree, Graham is a char (and also agree, the lost big bro of Glemy "Ototo) and have all the good points to go all the way to the final battle. I only hope not in a gundam, but in a Union development MS counter-gundam (something like the Zeong or The O)

Also we have a complete season before the end of the serie, they could develope any of the throne and kill him in the las episode of the season (the girl no, she is Alphonse)
lordgemini is offline   Reply With Quote