AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-14, 17:01   Link #201
KrimzonStriker

It's why I think he also likes to hide behind a mask myself while he's Zero, he's shy about the public limelight
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 17:11   Link #202
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

There is another reason for hiding his identity. He can simply let Zero become like his namesake, nothing, and Lelouch can be himself. Should injustice and the strong rise up against the weak again though, he shall return!!!

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 17:18   Link #203
KrimzonStriker

What is this, a Zorro remake?
Old 2008-04-14, 17:50   Link #204
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
What is this, a Zorro remake?
Man dresses up in a mask and a black cape and fights an evil empire for the freedom of the weak despite being of high birth himself...

yeah, that sounds about right.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 18:13   Link #205
Juvyniled

Except that fighting for those who can't defend themselves was Zorro's primary focus and not just an intermediary step.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-14, 18:48   Link #206
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Except that fighting for those who can't defend themselves was Zorro's primary focus and not just an intermediary step.
that's secondary focus Juvyniled.

but yes, you're quite right, he's not Zorro...Which is why this is a remake! XD
Old 2008-04-14, 19:02   Link #207
KrimzonStriker

Which is why it's better you mean
Old 2008-04-15, 01:04   Link #208
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

If Lelouch is to be compared to other fictional characters, he's a lot more like the Count of Monte Cristo (Dumas version) than Zorro.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 01:11   Link #209
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
If Lelouch is to be compared to other fictional characters, he's a lot more like the Count of Monte Cristo (Dumas version) than Zorro.
nah, you're thinking of Diethard. He's Gankutsuou.
Old 2008-04-15, 02:17   Link #210
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Nah, thinking of the original book character instead of the bad anime spawned one.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:22   Link #211
gnajub
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well Okouchi recenty had a thing appear on the official site that pretty much said that Lelouch is going to win and that it is likely he'll live. He said something about him dying, but it was sort of thrown in there.

I actually think Lelouch would like a peaceful life with Nunnally. He'd be active in some way, but I'm not sure he would lead it himself.
hmm... Lelouch living a peaceful life with Nunnaly.. just the two of them.
That would be an incest end wouldn't it?
gnajub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:43   Link #212
Narutaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, unless a mass evolution of human thinking occurs where peace on earth is possible for all eternity, I expect Lelouch will be able to keep himself busy putting out fires from time to time >_>
actually, I don't think Lulu will bother with world peace or anything grand like that. his goal is to make a world where Nanally can be save right? just deal enough damage to Brittania so it can't afford to continue invading other countries and let them rebuilt whatever they want.

Nanally can live peacefully in Japan with Lulu knowing that Britania won't come searching for them anytime soon. also, keeping tab on rebuilding nation is probably easier than fighting them head on. so Lulu can have more time to be with his sister without having to deal with the whole world
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 12:46   Link #213
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutaro View Post
actually, I don't think Lulu will bother with world peace or anything grand like that. his goal is to make a world where Nanally can be save right? just deal enough damage to Brittania so it can't afford to continue invading other countries and let them rebuilt whatever they want.

Nanally can live peacefully in Japan with Lulu knowing that Britania won't come searching for them anytime soon. also, keeping tab on rebuilding nation is probably easier than fighting them head on. so Lulu can have more time to be with his sister without having to deal with the whole world
There's a bit of a problem with that, while Nunnally's safety is his top priority that isn't really enough from Lelouch's perspective. He also wants her to live happily, and thus why he agreed to keep that promise about making this a kind and gentle world. Plus, it isn't just about Britannia, if the world remains as it has then there will never be any lasting peace, thus Lelouch must take it by the reigns and ensure it as such, lest he wouldn't be the Lelouch we know, right?
Old 2008-04-16, 13:08   Link #214
Narutaro

I'd say Nanally lived happily enough in Japan before season 1 starts, the only fear Lulu had is he knows the peace in Ashford won't be forever and sooner or later their identities will be known and then be used as political pawn again. really, outside Brittania's meddling with other countries, Lulu and Nanally lives is prefectly fine in season 1.

I also think Lulu is too overprotecting of his sister, he blanket his sister probably even worse than Cornelia with Euphie. although caring his sister is fine and all, I don't think it'll hold up the entire series. Nanally will need to step up and change in some ways. and Lulu will have to acknowledge that too sometimes. Nanally's fairy tale dream of kind and gentle won't ever be possible without some compromise imo
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:10   Link #215
KrimzonStriker

Well... you know, I've had my doubts about Nunnally for awhile now, a few too many hints to a darker aspect if you know what I mean. Really now, she's just too damn sweet, there's got to be a catch and I expect there will be >_>
Old 2008-04-16, 13:11   Link #216
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I completely disagree that Lelouch's actual goal is to make a world where Nunnaly can be safe. He's trying to create a world where she/he can't be USED.

Prior to him gaining geass for all accounts and purposes they were living a good life. Things like food, money and education were all provided for them in a relatively safe environment. Nunnaly appeared to be very happy at the school and they were surrounded by caring friends.

I'm sure it's been brought up before but safety/security can only come from a stable environment. What he did with the black knights was to introduce instability into the current environment.

I'm not saying Lelouch is doing the rebellion for all the wrong reasons though. A huge part of his personality is the fact he dislikes the way the 11's are being treated.
squaresphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 13:56   Link #217
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnajub View Post
hmm... Lelouch living a peaceful life with Nunnaly.. just the two of them.
That would be an incest end wouldn't it?
Lelouch would never go that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutaro View Post
I'd say Nanally lived happily enough in Japan before season 1 starts, the only fear Lulu had is he knows the peace in Ashford won't be forever and sooner or later their identities will be known and then be used as political pawn again. really, outside Brittania's meddling with other countries, Lulu and Nanally lives is prefectly fine in season 1.

I also think Lulu is too overprotecting of his sister, he blanket his sister probably even worse than Cornelia with Euphie. although caring his sister is fine and all, I don't think it'll hold up the entire series. Nanally will need to step up and change in some ways. and Lulu will have to acknowledge that too sometimes. Nanally's fairy tale dream of kind and gentle won't ever be possible without some compromise imo
They could also be targets for assasination. Really, as long as things are as they are they will never be safe.

I agree with this, though given Nunnally's physical state I can't blame him entirely. Nunnally really does need to stop being attached to her brother and I think that Lelouch knows this as well to some degree. He simply doesn't have a lot of people who he feels can be trusted with Nunnally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
I completely disagree that Lelouch's actual goal is to make a world where Nunnaly can be safe. He's trying to create a world where she/he can't be USED.

Prior to him gaining geass for all accounts and purposes they were living a good life. Things like food, money and education were all provided for them in a relatively safe environment. Nunnaly appeared to be very happy at the school and they were surrounded by caring friends.

I'm sure it's been brought up before but safety/security can only come from a stable environment. What he did with the black knights was to introduce instability into the current environment.

I'm not saying Lelouch is doing the rebellion for all the wrong reasons though. A huge part of his personality is the fact he dislikes the way the 11's are being treated.
They may have been happy, but it would have eventually come out who they truly were. Lelouch was also unable to ever get a real job or really do anything in the world because if his identity got out, he and Nunnally would just be used or possible even killed.

Another aspect of course is that he doesn't believe the current world is in very good shape and I would agree with him on some levels.

There is also the Emperor's plan and there is no telling what effect that is going to have.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-17, 11:18   Link #218
zerron

I don't know how many people said this before me, but I hope Lelouch won't die in the end We saw that he also enjoys living a peacefull life with his sister and friends so he isn't some mass murder who has awakend. Until now, I must say that I support him and I just hope that they (anime producers) won't screw up in the end showing Lelouch like some crazy murderer seeking world domination and killing him.

Lelouch dying as a hero would be more dramatic (emotional) but still I wouldn't like that.
zerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 13:03   Link #219
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

They are never going to make Lelouch a villain or something of the sort. This season is going to make him appear more likable to everyone.

And the anime producers have no say in this. It is up to Taniguchi in the end for what happens to him and from what the main writer Okouchi has said, he'll get a good ending in the end.

Old 2008-04-17, 13:05   Link #220
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
It has been said several times Lelouch will win in the end. Even if he dies he will win.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote