AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: She has your ideal looks and personalities. But it's turn you off because she is...
Ex-yakuza/ mercenaries/ terrorists 2 2.78%
Covered with scars or burnt marks 2 2.78%
Hermaphrodite 32 44.44%
Your blood sibling 17 23.61%
Your childhood mother-figure (aunt, grade school teachers) 2 2.78%
Your parent's secret illegitimate child 0 0%
Multi-personalities (none is so crazy through) 1 1.39%
Your best friends/ brothers' teen daughters 1 1.39%
Your students/ adopted daughter 0 0%
Others (CC skeptics, Walmart shoppers, etc) =D 15 20.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-04, 22:38   Link #61
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
What Endless says "times 10" ..... I'd be scribbling comments all over the margins of this poll before handing it in.
Do tell. Any suggestions on the poll itself will be welcomed
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't know why you fools are voting for Hermaphrodite, and that is absolutely a small issue because it can be treated with hormone therapy and reconstruction surgery.

Think about it, blood sibling incest contributes to :

1. Dysgenics - the increased probability of dysfunctional mutation and genetic problems due to recessive gene selection being increased due to the reduced gene-type availability pool.

2. Moral hazard - if everyone could marry and shack with their own sister, what about the other girls out there? I agree that living together results in better understanding of each other and therefore a more "peaceful" marriage, but what about the members of the marriage? Don't they need to know more about the people outside of their family and in society?

3. Social unacceptability - It would be pandemonium if incest is legalised. What about the young children out there? If they grow up into thinking that shacking training is available in the next room of their house, won't they get used to it? And what about the younger brothers who see their older sisters as symbols of respect? And if the older sister abuses the younger brother into submission, wouldn't there be a death of masculinity?

The only thing that is worse than incest with regards to pairings is yaoi, though both are almost on equal terms on the bad rating. I would appreciate if you people would reconsider the societal consequences; vote against incest.
I don't even know if you are serious or not now. For example, i don't think having an opposite gender next door will automatically turn you to a lust machine ( right? right? should i still hold that trust in humanity?).
Otherwise, there would be lots of marriage among neighbors living in apartments of crowded urban area

Then this thread is not exactly about what should be right or wrong/ acceptable or not acceptable morally. But more on how much the society affect you psychologically. Getting slightly turned on with your (long distance since childhood or not) beautiful and educated sister, does not mean you will make a move on her at the first chance. There's still moral code and social rule in place to prevent that. Similarly, burnt or scar marks, or full body tatoo should be minor outlook in perceiving one's beauty. But it's still social abnormality (in negative sense) if showed in public, and deter you from pushing forward in the relationship

Then it's not entirely on the study of human brain also. Because who knows, you guys may find it harder to tap a 'Walmart shopper' than your sister if push comes to shove (very unlikely through). But that won't align with how you identify yourself now
Especially if your sister is sitting behind you. No seriously. Is she sitting behind you? Please ensure her that i'm not encouraging you to rape her and commit an incest relationship

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-06-04 at 23:19.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 06:58   Link #62
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I don't even know if you are serious or not now.
Do I look tsundere to you now? Incest is wrong!

But.....but I guess.....Yosuga no Sora is ok......

Quote:
Especially if your sister is sitting behind you. No seriously. Is she sitting behind you? Please ensure her that i'm not encouraging you to rape her and commit an incest relationship
ITT being the passive guy I am most of the time, more likely my sister would rape me instead. Then again, sibling love might be that the older one makes a move on the younger most of the time.......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 07:01   Link #63
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Do I look tsundere to you now? Incest is wrong!
Incest in anime fiction is awesome... but not in the real.... Dad will kill us!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 07:23   Link #64
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
ITT being the passive guy I am most of the time, more likely my sister would rape me instead. Then again, sibling love might be that the older one makes a move on the younger most of the time.......
*Look at Sumeragi*
*look at Saintessheart*

Yes, i think she will at some point. Good luck with that.
Hmmm so she's a brocon. Maybe that's why she rejected my marriage proposal earlier on

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Incest in anime fiction is awesome... but not in the real.... Dad will kill us!!!
Well, that last line seems to be a valid reason away from moral code and social norms
Old 2012-06-05, 08:28   Link #65
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
What if it's an incestuous relationship with the dad?

I had a huge crush (my late teens) on my distant aunt who's 1 year older than me. SOOO agitating when she treats me like a little child
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 09:10   Link #66
Bri

What surprises me so far in this poll is that physical attributes (genetics, gender issues, relatives) beyond an individuals control matter more than life (style) choices like criminal behavior, obesity, political views etc.

If the partner is a criminal, racist, extremist, slouch seems to be less of a taboo for dating than being related or having gender issues.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 09:12   Link #67
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
What surprises me so far in this poll is that physical attributes (genetics, gender issues, relatives) beyond an individuals control matter more than life (style) choices like criminal behavior, obesity, political views etc.

If the partner is a criminal, racist, extremist, slouch seems to be less of a taboo for dating than being related or having gender issues.
It says Ex-yakuza/mercenary terrorist. Also, the poll says that personality and appearance wise, she is otherwise perfect.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 09:22   Link #68
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
It says Ex-yakuza/mercenary terrorist. Also, the poll says that personality and appearance wise, she is otherwise perfect.
Yeah, that's a bit self contradictory in this poll. An ex-criminal/murderer with a nice personality Same with true hermaphrodites who generally suffer from underdeveloped male/female features and mental retardation. Interesting description of perfection
Old 2012-06-05, 09:59   Link #69
Chandela
Straight Chillin

Quote:
Yeah, that's a bit self contradictory in this poll. An ex-criminal/murderer with a nice personality Same with true hermaphrodites who generally suffer from underdeveloped male/female features and mental retardation. Interesting description of perfection
You'd be surprised what some people consider perfect
Old 2012-06-05, 10:21   Link #70
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandela View Post
You'd be surprised what some people consider perfect
Pony tails, glasses, miniskirt, white socks, the image of perfection isn't she
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 10:25   Link #71
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamuscle View Post
Pony tails, glasses, miniskirt, white socks, the image of perfection isn't she
And if you think she isn't, she'll beat it into you until you DO think she is perfect.

Endless "In hiding" Soul
Old 2012-06-05, 11:15   Link #72
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
She could have had a difficult past...

Also, there are plenty of weird hermaphrodites who are perfectly attractive and normal. There's a wide variety of intersex disorders out there, like these.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 11:35   Link #73
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Why not? It's quite significant D=

I means the child of someone who will break (or 'broke') your family up, who is also your sibling, and whom you earlier found romantically attracted with.... Isn't that totally a mixed feeling?
Not at all....seeing as if you really love the person such issues are irrelevant.

If it's social disapproval from relatives and others....to hell with them, they're not the ones you rely on to survive.
Old 2012-06-05, 12:59   Link #74
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Just like DonQuigleone said, you can be born into a yakuza family, or caught up into mercenaries or terrorists (or insurgent, freedom fighters, same things) activities without having alternative option. A lot of grey here.

That's different with criminals or murderers in Western (civilized) society, where it's often presented as clear black and while

Similar to intersex disorders or multi-personalities, there are many degrees for both. Many can integrate fine into the society, and generally if they have both attractive looks and good personality(or -ies), i don't think it will be impossible to try out the relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

I had a huge crush (my late teens) on my distant aunt who's 1 year older than me. SOOO agitating when she treats me like a little child
That actually could be a really good plot for romantic one-shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Not at all....seeing as if you really love the person such issues are irrelevant.

If it's social disapproval from relatives and others....to hell with them, they're not the ones you rely on to survive.
But most people are easily influenced, and this thread produce a lots of responses (mostly surrounding incest) and how it's social unacceptable or so

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-06-05 at 13:10.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 13:18   Link #75
Akka

Half of the option are immediate turn-off. And one option make it a contest in nitpicking to decide if she's a girl at all.

Though hermaphrodite and any kind of blood relative (seriously, I'm willing to bet that 95 % of incest fan are so because they don't actually had a sibling they spent their early years with, because the turn-off is not so much about taboo than it is about pure raw revulsion/disgust) are the most absolute in the choices.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 16:28   Link #76
Eragon
Still Alive

Incest is an absolute no-no for me - even in anime. Social acceptance be damned it just does not feel right. I'm sure people who have siblings know this feeling.
Old 2012-06-05, 17:26   Link #77
Akka

Quote:

It doesn't surprise me. It's about "turn off", not about "judging the morality of an attribute".
Would you seriously be less disgusted to bang a thief than your own mother ?
Quote:
This option really is dominating the poll.... and I didn't expect that when i put it in.
Really ?
I mean, you're talking about someone who isn't even a real girl.
Not only it's a sure turn-off for someone who is straight (supposing you're straight yourself, would you sleep with a guy ?), but on top of that it's not even, well, "natural" if you see what I mean. That's akin with sleeping with a half-man mutant. Seems rather logical that this and the blood relatives would be the worst situations by far.
Quote:
I thought ex-terrorists will immediately got lots of hatred votes, hence have to add yakuza/ mercenaries in. But it seemed AS community is far from being prejudiced.
I think it's rather because the other options are just several scales higher in the turn-off classification.
I wouldn't be thrilled by a criminal, at all. Neither by a cheating girl. But with the insane stuff included in the other options, this look very, very tame by comparison. It's a matter of perspective.

Last edited by Akka; 2012-06-05 at 17:38.
Akka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 17:48   Link #78
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
It doesn't surprise me. It's about "turn off", not about "judging the morality of an attribute".
Would you seriously be less disgusted to bang a thief than your own mother ?
Given that the poll talks about ideal girl, I doubt anyone is going to name one of their parents as their ideal partner(I hope) .

But between the choice of some-one who is inherently very dangerous (organized crime/terrorist, we're not talking about juvenile delinquency here) or who has a physical deformity (sexual or physical) or a relative (apparently, either an unknown blood relation you didn't know about or a non-related person you do know), I find the choice not so clear cut.
Old 2012-06-05, 19:06   Link #79
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
... want me to massage you sis?

Quote:
Crushes are ok... wait distant? Is it possible? why didin't you?!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 21:07   Link #80
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Really ?
I mean, you're talking about someone who isn't even a real girl.
Not only it's a sure turn-off for someone who is straight (supposing you're straight yourself, would you sleep with a guy ?), but on top of that it's not even, well, "natural" if you see what I mean. That's akin with sleeping with a half-man mutant. Seems rather logical that this and the blood relatives would be the worst situations by far.
Maybe it's more extreme to you because you describe hermaphrodite as non-real girl, "unnatural" and in some sense mutation.

But as mentioned before, there are lots of grey area in between rather than clear black and white, with even hermaphrodite (or intersex) was classified into male and female. Then the applying of early or later surgery can largely conceal the condition and support those individuals to clearly identifying themselves into one gender (or at least that's what wikipedia said)
Quote:
I think it's rather because the other options are just several scales higher in the turn-off classification.
I wouldn't be thrilled by a criminal, at all. Neither by a cheating girl. But with the insane stuff included in the other options, this look very, very tame by comparison. It's a matter of perspective.
Yeah, that's why i included "most"

Unless you have that really specific fetish, i expected everyone will be turn off by at least 7/10 option in some degree before starting this thread