7h3 Ru551an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 10:38   Link #22
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3 Ru551an View Post
hmm ive never played any other language version of the series
One of me link posts here have youtube links to the Japanese version of the Splinter Cell series (PS2/XBOX ones mostly).

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 12:15   Link #23
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7h3 Ru551an View Post
that makes sense
As an example of the French voices, here is the Intro for Double Agent, in French

Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 17:54   Link #24
7h3 Ru551an
Demonic Ice Warrior

wow, ok i see
7h3 Ru551an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 18:03   Link #25
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Here's the co-op trailer of Conviction, going to be released in Japan.

One of the seiyus voicing the MCs sound familiar. Can't place 'em at the moment.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2010-03-09, 19:47   Link #26
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/03/09...ion-for-japan/

Here's the cast for Conviction for a release in Japan/Asia:

Sam Fisher: Tesshō Genda

Jeffrey Thomas Reed: Rikiya Koyama

Victor Coste: Norio Wakamoto

Anna "Grim" Grimsdóttír: Atsuko Tanaka

Kobin and Lee: Hisao Egawa

Old 2010-03-18, 19:50   Link #27
yongshun

Demo for Conviction is out and it is pretty fun. From the Demo it reminds me of Metal Gear Solid only cause you can pretty much shoot your way out of any situation without stealth.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 04:37   Link #28
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yongshun View Post
Demo for Conviction is out and it is pretty fun. From the Demo it reminds me of Metal Gear Solid only cause you can pretty much shoot your way out of any situation without stealth.
Hm, I can see how some Splinter Cell fans might not be happy about that. I know that it's suppose to be all realistic and more stealth than action.

In truth though I find the old Splinter Cell games incredibly hard mainly because I can't help myself from killing people. Even in Metal Gear Solid games, although I play it with stealth, I always make sure I kill the guy so he doesnt wake up on me. I know people don't wake up in Splinter Cell, but it just became a habit (don't give me a gun that I can't shoot, damit).

This game looks great, it's a shame I don't have a 360, but my friend is going to get it and we played Chaos Theory together. Blast.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 11:24   Link #29
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Hm, I can see how some Splinter Cell fans might not be happy about that. I know that it's suppose to be all realistic and more stealth than action.

In truth though I find the old Splinter Cell games incredibly hard mainly because I can't help myself from killing people. Even in Metal Gear Solid games, although I play it with stealth, I always make sure I kill the guy so he doesnt wake up on me. I know people don't wake up in Splinter Cell, but it just became a habit (don't give me a gun that I can't shoot, damit).

This game looks great, it's a shame I don't have a 360, but my friend is going to get it and we played Chaos Theory together. Blast.
It seems that they remedied stealth part being too hard in this one at least I find the stealth to be easier and what I really like is that you can pretty much clear a room by shooting everyone but not set off the alarm. with the Tagging system with the weapons. at lest that is how it is in the demo cant wait to play the real thing in april as long as they dont delay this game again.

Head or Gut?
Old 2010-03-20, 02:10   Link #30
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Well, just because the mechanics have gotten a bit more action-oriented doesn't mean you can't play it 'old school' style, as evidenced by this MSXBoxWorld article (with linked video).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 08:21   Link #31
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Bump it up to realistic difficulty and thats that pretty much sorted.

I'm a huge splintercell fan and I've played all of them to death so I really have high hope for this installment and I'm delighted they included co-op again this time round.

I hope you can proper stealth it through the entire game like you could in the likes of chaos theory. I managed to finish it with 100% on every mission (thats no alerts and killing nobody) which is probably the most rewarding gaming experience I've had in recent memory.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-20, 15:23   Link #32
yongshun

you probably could but I do like to tag two of the guards and wait on the pipes then drop on one of roving guards and execute the the two remaining.

Head or Gut?
Old 2010-03-21, 03:26   Link #33
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Conviction is too easy now . Even in realistic mode . It's fun but it's not like the firsts Splinter Cell series .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-21, 04:57   Link #34
Woopzilla
Desensitized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I hope you can proper stealth it through the entire game like you could in the likes of chaos theory. I managed to finish it with 100% on every mission (thats no alerts and killing nobody) which is probably the most rewarding gaming experience I've had in recent memory.
That's exactly how I play. It's a nice accomplishment to be like a ghost... because even if you complete the mission, a dead/missing guard will raise suspicion (maybe not during the mission but days/weeks/months after) that a person infiltrated the place. I don't even like using anything that leaves cartridges or similar behind (airfoil rounds/sticky shockers), or breaking anything like windows/glass doors. Spooking soldiers at all is also a no (I make it pretty difficulty for myself ).

It seems many games are starting to include more 'run and gun' style gameplay... or at least more action.
Old 2010-03-21, 18:42   Link #35
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about conviction. I've been a fan of the series up until Double Agent, I'm not that big of a fan of double agent for various reasons. Conviction looks like it's doing away with the need for stealth most of the time...
Old 2010-03-21, 19:10   Link #36
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post
I'm not entirely sure how I feel about conviction. I've been a fan of the series up until Double Agent, I'm not that big of a fan of double agent for various reasons. Conviction looks like it's doing away with the need for stealth most of the time...
You can still do the stealth thing but unlike the older games this one focus on the action aspect of it from the demo. If you are in the shadows the screen turns monochrome except for the enemies so you know you wont be seen. The action oriented style of this seems to coincide with the fact that he is no longer a Third Echelon agent and that means no more rules of engagement only get things done by any means necessary.

Head or Gut?
Old 2010-03-22, 23:39   Link #37
Lizzie
Resident tsundere.

Send a message via MSN to Lizzie Send a message via Yahoo to Lizzie
Quote:
You can still do the stealth thing but unlike the older games this one focus on the action aspect of it from the demo. If you are in the shadows the screen turns monochrome except for the enemies so you know you wont be seen. The action oriented style of this seems to coincide with the fact that he is no longer a Third Echelon agent and that means no more rules of engagement only get things done by any means necessary.
Yeah after watching the vid it's apparent that stealth is still in, also the combat element does look a lot better to me.
Old 2010-04-28, 23:35   Link #38
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Anyone got the newest Splinter Cell Conviction PC game? Is it just me or is anyone else having a hard time trying to join a online game? I'm always just sitting in the menu waiting for the game to find a match, it takes hours or mins to find another game to join.
Old 2012-06-07, 06:34   Link #39
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Bump. Sorry for performing thread necromancy...

Splinter Cell Blacklist trailer:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Not sure what to really think about it. Ubisoft tried to introduce so many features and gameplay changes for the last two main games (Double Agent, Conviction), for the sake of keeping the franchise interesting, that the end products felt very different from the original SC game...which was all about stealth, planning, etc. This one here is a bit too focused on open action for my taste (yeah, I'm kind of nostalgic - I can understand that with Sam going rogue in Conviction, coupled with his rage against 3E, the gameplay had to change to reflect that, but still...), but I'm more interested in what the plot will bring to the table.

Spoiler:

Well, at least he's back as a SC, so I can nevertheless rejoice at a tentative return to the old-style SC gameplay...

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-06-07 at 06:45.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:37   Link #40
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Sam Fisher looks and sounds (New VA I heard) alot younger than what I'd remembered from Conviction...

...And wasn't there some unfinished business with the [Megiddo] plot ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote