Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Amazon Stalker trackings.
I have no idea what that is.
Old 2013-06-01, 09:56   Link #3042
holybell84

Quote:
Unfortunately it doesn't look like the sales will be that good.
Then again, the 1st blu-ray will only be out end of this month, so let's wait.
Old 2013-06-01, 10:20   Link #3043
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I have no idea what that is.
Anime BD/DVD sales aggregating site based off of Amazon preorders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
Then again, the 1st blu-ray will only be out end of this month, so let's wait.
Usually when an anime is down in the 400s with 3 weeks left it doesn't improve much.
Old 2013-06-01, 10:34   Link #3044
iamadooddood
NOM.

Thanks Algester. 8D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Again, how does she show that she "appreciates" his kindness? As I mentioned, Volume 7 doesn't really say anything because Kurumi had something to gain from it.
She stopped telling him to stop trying to save her, even as she acknowledged his efforts. I'd think that's enough grounds to imply so.

Quote:
“That was humiliating. ——However, The•me•of•this•time,could possibly be too naive.”

“Ufufu, fufu. How is it? Spectacular isn’t it? This is my past. My experiences. They are the me from different time periods you know?”

The clones are literally physical manifestation of her past memories/experiences/personality- If she describes her clone was 'naive,' it effectively means that she herself was naive during the time that the clone represents. Also, why wouldn't it have mattered? That's what differentiates between the current Kurumi and her clone and their response to a helping hand.
Touché. I didn't consider the possibility of it being in two separate lines lol.

I mean that it wouldn't have mattered with regards to what happened that made her what she is now. With regards to his reaching out to her, all he needed was a little more effort.

Quote:
It could've been as genuine as it was sarcastic. Kurumi is a character that has an odd sense of humor, so it might as well been just that- A joke. For the audience, and for herself.
Lol, you actually denied it.

Saying it to herself? I see no reason to be sarcastic to oneself. At least, for that particular case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
..........Stop asking already!!! all of you are gonna get us into trouble
LOL.

Quote:
For those who don't read the anime thread:

NSFW
HQ Nyantype Scan
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Lol, someone needs to give a link to the anime thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetraxgunslinger View Post
Ok guys so forgive me if i sound dumb but when was it ever confirmed that kurumi was once human, and isnt phantom a guy?
All just speculation. Phantom's gender is unknown btw. Also, I don't think Kurumi used to be a human:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
By the way... I don't think Kurumi is a human turned Spirit. Because when Phantom described what Kurumi's 12th Bullet did, she asked how it knew about its effects, when she hadn't shown it or described it. If she had been a human turned Spirit she'd have understood that it knew without having to ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
I see no Miku Izayoi in that image.

This image done before volume 6 came out?

Quote:
A second season will be guaranteed to cover volumes 5-7, and most likely end at the end of volume 7. It's the perfect setup and the perfect place to end a second season.

Since the anime was announced back before volume 3 came out, I wouldn't be surprised if the novel pacing for volumes 5-7 was set up on purpose for a second season.
Hmm. So the author anticipated the potential pacing problem volumes 1-4 would face, but couldn't change anything because volume 3 was coming out really soon, and so decided to make sure a second season wouldn't have such a problem?

Interesting.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 12:36   Link #3045
Marly
>AS

Quote:
She stopped telling him to stop trying to save her, even as she acknowledged his efforts. I'd think that's enough grounds to imply so.
I just don't understand how you can get "started to appreciate this X character" from that. She also "appreciated" his nice gesture by claiming Shidou was a nice guy before she got off'd by Mana for the first time during that scene with the cat, but that didn't really mean anything either.

Quote:
Touché. I didn't consider the possibility of it being in two separate lines lol.
But even the first line explicitly shows that she was referring to that clone as if it was herself from the past, hence "The me of this time." You simply didn't pay attention.

Quote:
I mean that it wouldn't have mattered with regards to what happened that made her what she is now. With regards to his reaching out to her, all he needed was a little more effort.
Again, you're implying that he already reached out to her when he really didn't. The character hasn't really changed at all from how she was in the beginning of the third volume. She always had the friendly-tease attitude towards Shidou, even before the rooftop scene, so her acting friendly now doesn't really mean anything.

Quote:
Lol, you actually denied it.

Saying it to herself? I see no reason to be sarcastic to oneself. At least, for that particular case.
I think you're forgetting that the clones aren't hive-minded- So it makes sense in the context that the original said that as a joke to her own clones. I also don't see anything wrong with 'denying' whatever you implied.

Quote:
Usually when an anime is down in the 400s with 3 weeks left it doesn't improve much.
2muchcompetition
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 13:24   Link #3046
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
I just don't understand how you can get "started to appreciate this X character" from that. She also "appreciated" his nice gesture by claiming Shidou was a nice guy before she got off'd by Mana for the first time during that scene with the cat, but that didn't really mean anything either.
Uh, she didn't call him a nice guy then. Or anything along those lines. Not after her cover was exposed to him, anyway. And she didn't even know that he was trying to save him (he only told her the next day), so this makes that point moot.

Quote:
But even the first line explicitly shows that she was referring to that clone as if it was herself from the past, hence "The me of this time." You simply didn't pay attention.
If it had been phrased as "the me of that time" (which would have implied the time the clone was from) instead of "the me of this time" (which instead implied the current time), I would've gotten it with that line alone. No, really.

Quote:
Again, you're implying that he already reached out to her when he really didn't. The character hasn't really changed at all from how she was in the beginning of the third volume. She always had the friendly-tease attitude towards Shidou, even before the rooftop scene, so her acting friendly now doesn't really mean anything.
I wasn't referring to the friendly tease (which she was doing even before she got exposed). I was more of referring to the fact that she stopped telling him to stop trying to save her, etc etc.

Quote:
I think you're forgetting that the clones aren't hive-minded- So it makes sense in the context that the original said that as a joke to her own clones. I also don't see anything wrong with 'denying' whatever you implied.
I didn't say there was anything wrong, I just didn't think you actually would.

I know they aren't, but they pretty much share her thoughts and such. At the very least, when Shidou told her that he'll save her, the clone reacted in a way that the original certainly would. Besides, if she brought up that pat on the head for absolutely no reason other than to mention it as being a consolation prize for her failed efforts, I find it really hard to treat it as sarcasm, her sense of humour be damned.

Speaking of Kurumi, I dreamt last night that her powers will be sealed in volume 11. Make of it what you will.

Last edited by iamadooddood; 2013-06-01 at 13:36.
Old 2013-06-01, 13:38   Link #3047
shadow1296

one of the twins
Spoiler for kinda nsfw:
Old 2013-06-01, 13:40   Link #3048
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Uh, she didn't call him a nice guy then. Or anything along those lines. Not after her cover was exposed to him, anyway. And she didn't even know that he was trying to save him (he only told her the next day), so this makes that point moot.
"......! That's not the problem here! Stop! Don't do it......!"

Shidou pleaded, Kurumi let out short breaths from her throat, at the same time saying in a weak voice.

"......Fu, fu......Really now, Shidou-san, is really, gentle......huh."

Oh, come on now. You're not even reading at this point.

Quote:
I wasn't referring to the friendly tease (which she was doing even before she got exposed). I was more of referring to the fact that she stopped telling him to stop trying to save her, etc etc.
What else could she say to that, then? I think it's probably one of the more ordinary responses a character could give, and I just don't see how this shows the character's change.

Quote:
I know they aren't, but they pretty much share her thoughts and such. At the very least, when Shidou told her that he'll save her, the clone reacted in a way that the original certainly would. Besides, if she brought up that pat on the head for absolutely no reason other than to mention it as being a consolation prize for her failed efforts, I find it really hard to treat it as sarcasm, her sense of humour be damned.
So you're just outright denying the character's personality trait that could have caused her to say that line? They don't share her thoughts either- Remember, these clones have different personalities from the original because they are from her past, so they don't necessarily react to things in the same way the original would at all.
Old 2013-06-01, 19:39   Link #3049
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
"......! That's not the problem here! Stop! Don't do it......!"

Shidou pleaded, Kurumi let out short breaths from her throat, at the same time saying in a weak voice.

"......Fu, fu......Really now, Shidou-san, is really, gentle......huh."

Oh, come on now. You're not even reading at this point.
Oh right, she wasn't teasing him at that point. @_@

Still doesn't change the fact that the point was moot though.

Quote:
What else could she say to that, then? I think it's probably one of the more ordinary responses a character could give, and I just don't see how this shows the character's change.
Here it's more of how she didn't respond, not how she did.

Quote:
So you're just outright denying the character's personality trait that could have caused her to say that line? They don't share her thoughts either- Remember, these clones have different personalities from the original because they are from her past, so they don't necessarily react to things in the same way the original would at all.
Because I don't see how her personality trait could influence her to suddenly make that kind of statement for no reason other than to mention it as being a consolation prize for her failed efforts, and not have it being genuine?

Forget the clones part, I'm starting to think it wouldn't matter in this part of the argument.
Old 2013-06-01, 20:26   Link #3050
Anonymous9724

So what will happen if the clone dies? Go back time?
Anonymous9724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 20:35   Link #3051
peinmaximus@

hey guys,whom(what girls) are already in shidou harem?
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 20:46   Link #3052
neoinfinity204

Kotori, Miku, the twins, Origami, Yoshino, and Tohka
neoinfinity204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 22:15   Link #3053
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous9724 View Post
So what will happen if the clone dies? Go back time?
If a clone dies, it doesn't really matter because as long at the original is around she's able to summon another from another timeline.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 22:20   Link #3054
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Oh right, she wasn't teasing him at that point. @_@

Still doesn't change the fact that the point was moot though.
Your reasoning for the point being moot was based on that she never claimed such and that she didn't know he was trying to 'save' her. And now I provide the evidence that she did claim such and that it was after Shidou has actively attempted to defend her, and you still say the point is moot. At least explain your reasoning better if you're going to be incorrect about the source material.

Quote:
Here it's more of how she didn't respond, not how she did.
So it's because she doesn't constantly tell Shidou to stop, she's suddenly opening up to him? Why would she even really say that when he didn't really bring it up at all in Volume 7 when they were working as a team? That just sounds like bad, forced writing. And Shidou's 'ill save u' speech already had been done to death in the third volume.

Quote:
Because I don't see how her personality trait could influence her to suddenly make that kind of statement for no reason other than to mention it as being a consolation prize for her failed efforts, and not have it being genuine?
So if a person goes to a candy store, finds it that it's closed, and then say "oh well at least we got a good exercise out of it" to his friend, does that sound genuine to you or a joke? That's pretty much the case with Kurumi and her clones.

Quote:
Forget the clones part, I'm starting to think it wouldn't matter in this part of the argument.
But it clearly does. I have already explained how these clones could affect Kurumi's dialogue in a certain situation, so I don't see why you're trying to dismiss it. They have separate personalities to warrant Kurumi giving that little tidbit of dialogue that you seem to consider as very important for some reason. You're just grasping at straws with this.
Old 2013-06-01, 23:34   Link #3055
iamadooddood
NOM.

Quote:
Your reasoning for the point being moot was based on that she never claimed such and that she didn't know he was trying to 'save' her. And now I provide the evidence that she did claim such and that it was after Shidou has actively attempted to defend her, and you still say the point is moot. At least explain your reasoning better if you're going to be incorrect about the source material.
Er, no. He should already know that she can respawn by now. He wants to save the original, not just the clone.

Also, she didn't get his full intentions back then. This is from the next day:
Quote:
"I——have decided to save you."

"......? Save?"

In the instant Shidou finished speaking. Kurumi's expressions suddenly lost all its warmth.

"......You really said something strange, Shidou-san."
If she had gotten the message yesterday like you said, she would've had said something along the lines of "You still want to save me?" instead of the bolded part.

Quote:
So it's because she doesn't constantly tell Shidou to stop, she's suddenly opening up to him? Why would she even really say that when he didn't really bring it up at all in Volume 7 when they were working as a team? That just sounds like bad, forced writing. And Shidou's 'ill save u' speech already had been done to death in the third volume.
She brought it up herself. Reason enough?

Quote:
So if a person goes to a candy store, finds it that it's closed, and then say "oh well at least we got a good exercise out of it" to his friend, does that sound genuine to you or a joke? That's pretty much the case with Kurumi and her clones.
If he even bothered to bring it up out of nowhere in the first place, then yeah, it sounds genuine.

Quote:
But it clearly does. I have already explained how these clones could affect Kurumi's dialogue in a certain situation, so I don't see why you're trying to dismiss it. They have separate personalities to warrant Kurumi giving that little tidbit of dialogue that you seem to consider as very important for some reason. You're just grasping at straws with this.
I still don't get it. There has to be some sort of similarity among their lines of thoughts that apply here. If Shidou had made any less effort than he did, all of them would have dismissed his efforts. Besides, the main focus of this part is on whether it was sarcastic or not, not who she was saying it to.
Old 2013-06-02, 00:05   Link #3056
Marly
>AS

Quote:
Er, no. He should already know that she can respawn by now. He wants to save the original, not just the clone.

Also, she didn't get his full intentions back then. This is from the next day:

If she had gotten the message yesterday like you said, she would've had said something along the lines of "You still want to save me?" instead of the bolded part.
The original was aware of the situation back when the clone was killed, shown by her expressing "surprise" at Shidou not being absent the next day- So she is clearly already aware of his nice personality by that point. Shidou telling her that he would save her later doesn't really mean that Kurumi thinks he's any nicer. She was more surprised by his choice of actions than his characteristics as a person.

Quote:
She brought it up herself. Reason enough?
And the citation? Don't claim something without a proof to go with it.

Quote:
If he even bothered to bring it up out of nowhere in the first place, then yeah, it sounds genuine.
No, it really doesn't. It's something one would say for the sake of optimism as a joke, not as a genuine comment that they really think they got an exercise out of it because that's just dumb.

Quote:
I still don't get it. There has to be some sort of similarity among their lines of thoughts that apply here. If Shidou had made any less effort than he did, all of them would have dismissed his efforts. Besides, the main focus of this part is on whether it was sarcastic or not, not who she was saying it to.
You're the one missing the main focus. You said it yourself with your own words that there is no reason to be sarcastic to oneself. I'm now telling you she wasn't being sarcastic to herself at all because these clones have different personalities/mind to warrant Kurumi saying that in that situation.
Old 2013-06-02, 20:08   Link #3057
sky black swordman

The SS Yoshino Fireworks is out on BT.

I think Tohka trying to and pretty much succeeding in stopping Origami from interrupting Yoshino and Shido's date really says something about her character. Despite her wanting to be on a date with Shido herself, she prevents herself and others from doing anything that would interfere with their date.

And apparently Reine and Tohka (What?! ) told Yoshino, kimonos were supposed to be worn without any underwear!

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-06-02 at 20:20.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 00:33   Link #3058
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
The SS Yoshino Fireworks is out on BT.

I think Tohka trying to and pretty much succeeding in stopping Origami from interrupting Yoshino and Shido's date really says something about her character. Despite her wanting to be on a date with Shido herself, she prevents herself and others from doing anything that would interfere with their date.

And apparently Reine and Tohka (What?! ) told Yoshino, kimonos were supposed to be worn without any underwear!
Well it's been pretty clear for a while now that she's quite selfless. Although she wants to be with Shidou but she also wants him to help others just like her. It's part of her very own character and surprisingly how strong that trait is. It's definitely one of her really attractive points.

In general I still find her the one that is the most different so far since she's the only one who does not know her own name and anything else about her own past unlike the others.

About Kotori, isn't she really popular as well? It seems now with the most recent episode, there's starting to be a Kotori vs Kurumi thing going on which is funny. Also both their names starts with K, both have red and black as their themes (although Kotori also have white), and both are seemingly crazy at times. Badass imouto vs Semi-Pycho.
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 10:51   Link #3059
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
Well it's been pretty clear for a while now that she's quite selfless. Although she wants to be with Shidou but she also wants him to help others just like her. It's part of her very own character and surprisingly how strong that trait is. It's definitely one of her really attractive points.

In general I still find her the one that is the most different so far since she's the only one who does not know her own name and anything else about her own past unlike the others.

About Kotori, isn't she really popular as well? It seems now with the most recent episode, there's starting to be a Kotori vs Kurumi thing going on which is funny. Also both their names starts with K, both have red and black as their themes (although Kotori also have white), and both are seemingly crazy at times. Badass imouto vs Semi-Pycho.
the funny thing is Tohka wants to be with shidou but that's because he was the first person to show kindness to her she even admitted that without shidou she would be like kurumi.

Kotori is an interesting one. Before the revelation that she was a spirit in the LN I suspect people were kinda annoyed (Me personally I found kotori to be irritating) but as a spirit she gained popularity cause she goes from annoying sister to really hot spirit (no pun intended). besides lets face it her whole organization has been more troublesome then helpful in half the situations so far
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 12:13   Link #3060
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Well well, the latest SS release was quite the mayhem!

Spoiler for Just in case others haven't read it:
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy