AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2007-12-07, 13:16   Link #1621
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Er...all eng subed
Figure of Happiness & X-change alternate r my favourite now
4 Japanese one i can c a lot of nice ones but cant read jap XD.
EternalNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 19:39   Link #1622
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
To Heart 2 another days got pushed back to February 29th....

that's over 3 months, I think I might cry. I was really looking forward to having this over the holidays.
Yesh, as a matter of fact, I'm playing To Heart 2 Xrated now. I'm disappointed that there's no route for Marian Senpai and I was so psyched up about Another Days because finally she's one of the "playable" girls. Damn it got delayed.

Only bad thing about Another Days is Sasara is no longer around...
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 20:13   Link #1623
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

I dont wanna wait till Febuary 29th *cries* hehe i cant even speak jap that well but im still gonna get that one ^^ ill just have to whip out my Books again
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 11:33   Link #1624
-Nyu-
Yozora

Yo, someone an idea where this image is from??
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9...er01jy4ub0.jpg

I thought Ouzoku a moment, but I'm not really sure that it's from there.
-Nyu- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 12:07   Link #1625
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
That girl looks like Sion from the BG Primitive Link from Purple Soft. The armor and sword are just like hers but, Sion, in the game, has short hair.

Here a link to the OP that game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=girOYL9GK6Q
Old 2007-12-09, 12:44   Link #1626
-Nyu-
Yozora

Yeah, that's exactly same sword and armor, it must be her, thanks!
Guess it's a CG from later in the story or just fanmade.
Old 2007-12-09, 17:49   Link #1627
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

yeah i think you must be right heh she looks pretty cute ^^
Old 2007-12-09, 22:23   Link #1628
p997tt
= Porsche 997 Twin Turbo

I am a big visual novel fan, although having only high school level Japanese doesn't really help at playing visual novels (most high schools have Japanese as a subject here) so I can only play the ones that have been translated already. I have already played through quite a few VNs in the past (FSN, Ever17, Air and a few more) and I really enjoyed all of them. To be honest, I enjoyed reading these novels more than watching some of the best animes out there. It's too bad that most of my friends don't like these games.

The last game I finished was Symphonic Rain, which definitely ranks as one of the best VNs I have played. I loved the songs so much that I even imported both Rainbow vocal album and For RITZ from CDJapan. Even my mum who doesn't listen to Japanese songs often enjoyed several of the songs from the vocal album.

Right now I'm going through One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e. So far I have already finished Nagamori, Nanase, Satomura and Misaki routes (my favourite is Misaki's route by far). I am still thinking of whether I will start on Mio or Shiina route next (still haven't met Shiina after having completed four routes).

After I'm done with One, I still have the following visual novels to go through:
Planetarian
Kana Little Sister
Utawareumono
Saya no Uta
Kanon
Hourglass of Summer

I seriously have no idea which one to start on next. Also I only play VN for about 1-2 hours a night so it will be a while until I can finish everything.
p997tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 22:56   Link #1629
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post
I am a big visual novel fan, although having only high school level Japanese doesn't really help at playing visual novels (most high schools have Japanese as a subject here) so I can only play the ones that have been translated already. I have already played through quite a few VNs in the past (FSN, Ever17, Air and a few more) and I really enjoyed all of them. To be honest, I enjoyed reading these novels more than watching some of the best animes out there. It's too bad that most of my friends don't like these games.

The last game I finished was Symphonic Rain, which definitely ranks as one of the best VNs I have played. I loved the songs so much that I even imported both Rainbow vocal album and For RITZ from CDJapan. Even my mum who doesn't listen to Japanese songs often enjoyed several of the songs from the vocal album.

Right now I'm going through One: Kagayaku Kisetsu e. So far I have already finished Nagamori, Nanase, Satomura and Misaki routes (my favourite is Misaki's route by far). I am still thinking of whether I will start on Mio or Shiina route next (still haven't met Shiina after having completed four routes).

After I'm done with One, I still have the following visual novels to go through:
Planetarian
Kana Little Sister
Utawareumono
Saya no Uta
Kanon
Hourglass of Summer

I seriously have no idea which one to start on next. Also I only play VN for about 1-2 hours a night so it will be a while until I can finish everything.
hehehe your my kind of person then ^^ i find myself playing VN's for a couple hours a night and i agree with you on that alot of visual novels are more enjoyable to play than to watch anime ^^ You wait till you get to Kanon i believe you will thourghly enjoy that one, and if your into short visual novels with an engaging storyline might i suggest you watch A midsummers day Resonance. Also i dont believe i have played Symphonic Rain can u give me a couple details on it? i wouldnt mind playing it if you gave it such a high review
Old 2007-12-10, 03:06   Link #1630
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I...I think I'm in love. にゃーぱ~

Haruna-sempai DAISUKI! No wonder I find Mio Kifune awesome, she has the same seiyuu. Even though she's not a heroine, Haruna-sempai is awesome.

At least, I think it's Haruna-sempai.
Old 2007-12-10, 03:23   Link #1631
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Finally on Bra-ban I see.

Now then, the erogame studio Fizz has a somewhat special distinction for me because I really, really, really, really, really, really, really like their artwork. Enough so that artwork alone was enough for me to play one of their earlier games, Koimomo. But enough about the art for now (it'll come back again later).

They have a new game coming up called 朝凪のアクアノーツ ("Aquanauts of a morning calm"??), slated for Feb 29, 2008, which I wish I could time-travel to and back.

http://www.fizzsoftware.jp/aquatop.htm

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=444665

(Usual NSFW warnings of course)

This game is somewhat special because it seems like it rips off of the premise of Seto no Hanayome. You have mermaid main heroine who seems to be a mermaid princess of some kind, who ALSO transforms into a mermaid if she gets wet it seems, although the implications of that are more well-thought out here; for example, it's why she apparently doesn't wear underwear to school, lol.

Additional pluses include an imouto-type character that's actually the main char's fraternal twin, which is a dynamic I don't see often. Yes, she does posses a sizable brother complex it seems (and has a huge rack). Their mom's a MILF miko, yay (also with a huge rack). And the main heroine is voiced by the VA who did Haruhi of Happiness, which I'm sure many of you know, who's also apparently doing the singing for the OP of this game.

Now, coming back to the art. I would like to ask who did the art? Now Getchu lists Sakakibara Yui in the "Artist" field of their info on the game, but that can't be right. For one, she's the VA for the main heroine, and a person who's career seems to lean heavily into that side of the industry based on the wiki about her. Maybe she also does the art, much like Maeda Jun does both scenario writing and music for Key. It's also likely that Getchu just got their info wrong. Or maybe I'm just misunderstanding Getchu's moonspeak.

So could someone clear this up?

EDIT: Yep, I think I'm misunderstanding things.
Old 2007-12-10, 03:33   Link #1632
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I've ditched Peace@Pieces for Braban, at least for now. And Haruna-sempai is so seriously awesome. I can't stop myself from swooning whenever she shows up!

Sakakibara Yui as the artist? That does seem odd...
Old 2007-12-10, 03:36   Link #1633
-Nyu-
Yozora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Kinomoto View Post
hehehe your my kind of person then ^^ i find myself playing VN's for a couple hours a night and i agree with you on that alot of visual novels are more enjoyable to play than to watch anime ^^ You wait till you get to Kanon i believe you will thourghly enjoy that one, and if your into short visual novels with an engaging storyline might i suggest you watch A midsummers day Resonance. Also i dont believe i have played Symphonic Rain can u give me a couple details on it? i wouldnt mind playing it if you gave it such a high review
He wrote a review for us:
http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/inde...=591&Itemid=52

It's as always very well written and you won't be spoiled too much

Ah, Symphonic Rain isn't avilable anymore though, Himeya took it out of the shop for whatever reason 1 week ago. Japanese auctions are your friend (saw limited editions for ~4500Yen).
Think Kogados newest coming title Solfege may be also worth a try. It has also a "sound system" and similar other futures as Symphonic Rain.
Old 2007-12-10, 04:03   Link #1634
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
ISakakibara Yui as the artist? That does seem odd...
I interpreted the "Artist" field in Getchu's info wrong. It's referring to a special artist or group music-wise for the game. It finally dawned on me that I was misunderstanding things when I saw Kawada Mami's name in the same field for another game.

I'd still like to know the character designer for Aquanauts if anyone knows. And the one for Kamipani and Aki no Urarano.

(Erhjegel, the latter is by the same artist who did the girl with the caption, "Okay, maybe that’s a bit too carried away…")
Old 2007-12-10, 04:14   Link #1635
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

So that's what 'that' artist field refers to. Thanks for clearing that up, since I too was also confused by that.

Ahaha, yes, I know what you mean. Both Aki no Urarano and Sono hanabira have the same style, so I thought that they might have the same artist. Thanks for confirming it for me!

Anyone know when Kamipani is coming out?
Old 2007-12-10, 04:17   Link #1636
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Getchu lists, barring unexpected delays or the world coming to a screeching end, Dec 21 for Kamipani.
Old 2007-12-10, 04:35   Link #1637
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Thanks a lot for the info. I forgot about Getchu's listings, even though we were talking about it earlier. x_x Then again, I have problems navigating through it sometimes.

Back to Braban! HARUNA-SEMPAI!!!
Old 2007-12-10, 04:41   Link #1638
selkirk
***y translator
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Sakakibara Yui as the artist? That does seem odd...
Sakakibara Yui actually does decent anime sketches, at least for Prism Ark. She has a couple of one panel gags on the PA site. Nowhere near character designer level though.

Anyway while I'm here, currently playing through Seinarukana. Amazingly fun game, and I'd be more than willing to translate the battle system if anyone is able to do the coding. The ADV part, on the other hand, has an annoying half second pause after clicking and pretty lackluster voice acting, and both of these factors got on my nerves so much, I just jammed on control all the way to 3rd playthrough, Hard mode.
Old 2007-12-10, 04:45   Link #1639
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by selkirk View Post
Sakakibara Yui actually does decent anime sketches, at least for Prism Ark. She has a couple of one panel gags on the PA site. Nowhere near character designer level though.

Anyway while I'm here, currently playing through Seinarukana. Amazingly fun game, and I'd be more than willing to translate the battle system if anyone is able to do the coding. The ADV part, on the other hand, has an annoying half second pause after clicking and pretty lackluster voice acting, and both of these factors got on my nerves so much, I just jammed on control all the way to 3rd playthrough, Hard mode.
Narukana-sama applauds you on your hard work, and she is most pleased!

...Thank God she's pleased, cause that means I don't have to suffer that much today.
Old 2007-12-10, 06:10   Link #1640
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by p997tt View Post

Planetarian
Kana Little Sister
Utawareumono
Saya no Uta
Kanon
Hourglass of Summer

Eh, I don't want to be technical here... but at least try to differentiate between Visual Novels (VN) and Adventure Games (ADV).

Games like Symphonic Rain are not VNs, especially when they involve parts that actually are playable (eg. the parts where you play music). And it's not even an erogame.

And you had to remind me of Symphonic Rain. The singer/songer writer for the game was Okazaki Ritsuko. I love her music so much. But she had to pass away 3 years ago... May she rest in peace... while I yearn for her lost music...
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel