Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-15, 02:38   Link #21
Chuixupu
Shikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden View Post
Well? Do you blame him for being a bit heartless? Dude, he pooed on Luffy, fought him (and held his own pretty darned good I'd say) and then left the crew because of Merry. Uh, yeah. Ussop's gonna have to earn Zoro's respect again. Plus Ussop tried to get Zoro killed (not intentionally mind you) several times due to his general ignorance. So, yeah, Ussop's gotta earn his place back as far as Zoro's concerned. Probubly won't take long though since Luffy took him back so readily.
Zoro wasn't being heartless, he was being a realist, and he was faithfully and level-headedly serving as a good first mate by taking the pressure off of Luffy and keeping the crew unified, just like he did right after the fight. He knew Luffy had made a decision, and if he just went back on his word like a flake then the crew would lose respect.
And no, Usopp isn't going to have to earn respect from Zoro. If you go back and read the story arc, Zoro already showed respect for Usopp, like when he yelled at Nami for doubting him when he failed to get on the King Bull. Zoro knew what Usopp needed to do, and Usopp did it, hence he smiled and let Luffy bring him back aboard.
There could end up being a little bit of uneasiness in the crew for a while still...in some ways I kind of hope there is. I'd like to see Usopp try to prove his worth...while IN the crew. I said that all along while others seemed to think that he needed to do something first to be allowed back aboard, but then if he had done that, it would be like proving Usopp right for leaving the crew in the first place.

Anyway, I was happy with the chapter.
I'm just really happy that Usopp is finally back, I've been waiting over two years ;_;
Old 2006-12-15, 02:45   Link #22
iKumdo
Chodan

Send a message via AIM to iKumdo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika View Post
It would be very odd. After the "three days later" message, you don't go back and show stuff that happened before the "time jump" without a flashback, since it represents actual time having passed in the story. I've read my fair share of manga and I havent come across anything like that ever. If you can point out an example then be my guest.
If you think so, sure. I'm not quite on the nerd level to point out examples from other mangas. It's been done in books and movies and what not. Even in anime, so eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
exactly... if Oda was gonna give us a continuation to the blackbeard ace fight, he would have changed focus back on to them before the 3 day time jump, not afterwards... now the only way he would show us the fight is in the form of a flashback with something like Sazelyt said, Ace recalling the memory or such... I did point this all out when it was brought up in the last chapter thread, but it seems it went unheeded by Ikumdo...
I think I mentioned that it's unlikely, but that it wouldn't be all too odd for it to happen. So it wasn't "unheeded" by me.

Quote:
Those so-called, meanwhile moments are meant only for a difference of a short period of time like a few mintues, not long periods of time such as a few hours or a few days.. For example, if it's 3:30 in the first scene, and the scene changes and someone looks at the clock, the time is gonna either say 3:30 or little later, never earlier... this is all because it's hard for the readers to notice a such a short time difference; you would never see any story writer do meanwhile moment over large time periods because the risk of throwing off the reader/viewer is very high in those cases
Though I'm not arguing with the fact that it may or may not be odd if such a method was used (not anymore at least), I would have to disagree with that last point. It's very unlikely for a reader to get confused if that method was used in this case. THe two events are so separate from one another, that it wouldn't matter. Now, if it was something that involves a direct interaction, then yes, it would be really stupid.
Old 2006-12-15, 04:48   Link #23
ragweed
woah woah!

Old 2006-12-15, 10:09   Link #24
iKumdo
Chodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed View Post
Very nice.

It's Zoro's secondary role is to be a hard ass samurai type. Just like Nami and Robin is eye candy, the rest of the crew is comic relief in different ways (to appeal to different people).
Old 2006-12-15, 14:42   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
There could end up being a little bit of uneasiness in the crew for a while still...in some ways I kind of hope there is. I'd like to see Usopp try to prove his worth...while IN the crew. I said that all along while others seemed to think that he needed to do something first to be allowed back aboard, but then if he had done that, it would be like proving Usopp right for leaving the crew in the first place.

Yeah, I agree. Nobody else in the crew really doubted Usopp's ability (it was he himself who did). Heck, even in EL Sanji told Usopp that he could do things that the others couldn't. And sure, while he could get stronger if he travelled to Elbaf with the giants, I think he would gain more experience sailing with the crew. That, and I too am just glad that Usopp is (officially) back with the crew....

Oh, and I kinda doubt that we'll be seeing any more Ace/Blackbeard stuff anytime soon. We may not find out the outcome of that encounter until the end of the next story arc....

But now, let the next adventure begin!
Old 2006-12-15, 15:07   Link #26
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
I sure hope before this arc is over Oda at least lets us know what happened between Whitebeard/Shanks and Blackbeard/Ace.....
Old 2006-12-15, 15:30   Link #27
chucky
Always impatient

Not a bad chapter alone. And Zorro is prolly the ONLY real tough guy on board ;p
Old 2006-12-15, 15:34   Link #28
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuixupu View Post
There could end up being a little bit of uneasiness in the crew for a while still...in some ways I kind of hope there is. I'd like to see Usopp try to prove his worth...while IN the crew.
I think when he fought at Enies Lobby and during his travel to Enies Lobby, he was already considered a part of the crew, except for Chopper and Luffy (and by Luffy and Chopper, Usopp was still in their heart as a nakama). I guess the main reason is the crew has never really considered him out of the crew fully, since leaving was Usopp's decision, not the others. If that wasn't the case Luffy wouldn't bring him with a crying face, and the ones except Zoro wouldn't go where Usopp is to pick him up, as if he never left. And, after all these tears, Usopp sincerely begging for forgiveness, and Zoro acting, at that moment, as if nothing has happened pretty much cleared everything.
Old 2006-12-15, 17:59   Link #29
Rageaholic01
Kaizoku

so how long has Usopp been out of the crew (in real life terms :P)?

Has it been a year or less?
Old 2006-12-15, 19:34   Link #30
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageaholic01 View Post
so how long has Usopp been out of the crew (in real life terms :P)?

Has it been a year or less?
It's been over two years since the fight happened (chapter-wise), but over a week in the actual storyline...
Old 2006-12-16, 02:44   Link #31
iKumdo
Chodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
It's been over two years since the fight happened (chapter-wise), but over a week in the actual storyline...
Holy crap, time goes by fast. It really has been over a 100 chapters ago hasn't it?
Old 2006-12-16, 17:03   Link #32
brandfireX
Jedi Trainer of ONE PIECE

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky View Post
Not a bad chapter alone. And Zorro is prolly the ONLY real tough guy on board ;p
idk i didnt really find chapter 438 (manga) that great it was ok ussop came back what a surprise but we ddint find out any new good info except that grap is a beast and can punch cannonballs at people we learnt nothin about the new ship like if it had any firepower or it it was SUPA fast or anything

and Zoro is the only thought guy in teh crew that is what he gets paid for he trains and mocks the others inbetween his naps which is like all time, then when he is woken up he is angry and ready to kick ass which is his main job; he is the muscle.
Old 2006-12-18, 16:49   Link #33
Climhazard
Funk Freed

There maybe a small hint to the 'Will of D' in this chapter, Zoro says:

'You all know that if our captain loses his will...ourcrew will be sure to fall apart'

Could it be that the D's were born to be strong leaders of others? such as a ships captain?

Hopefully from now on we'll see the new 'Man of the sea' that Usopp will one day become
Old 2006-12-18, 22:21   Link #34
brandfireX

that is good thinking
all the D.'s are leaders of some kinda garp, dragon, roger, luffy

but what of shanks his will/spirt are really strong and he is not a D. so far as we know

and usopp really has to get alot stronger to be worth of that bounty
Old 2006-12-18, 23:14   Link #35
iKumdo
Chodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfireX View Post
that is good thinking
all the D.'s are leaders of some kinda garp, dragon, roger, luffy

but what of shanks his will/spirt are really strong and he is not a D. so far as we know

and usopp really has to get alot stronger to be worth of that bounty
What about Ace?
I don't think the "Will of the D" = great leadership. Most of the captains we've seen aren't D's, including Whitebeard.
Garp is only a vice-admiral
Black Beard is a traitor
Luffy is a moron
Old 2006-12-19, 07:07   Link #36
Pyrokinetic
Dai-Enkei

Dont Undervalue the rank of Vice Admiral, just remember that a Captain rank is big enough of a threat like Captain Smoker also Vice Admiral is the third highest rank in the Navy.
Old 2006-12-19, 15:17   Link #37
iKumdo
Chodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrokinetic View Post
Dont Undervalue the rank of Vice Admiral, just remember that a Captain rank is big enough of a threat like Captain Smoker also Vice Admiral is the third highest rank in the Navy.
In the Navy? As in the US navy? Or the marines in One Piece?
Being a Vice Admiral for that long doesn't show that Garp is a great leader. He was vice admiral along with Aokiji
Old 2006-12-19, 18:01   Link #38
brandfireX

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
In the Navy? As in the US navy? Or the marines in One Piece?
Being a Vice Admiral for that long doesn't show that Garp is a great leader. He was vice admiral along with Aokiji
yes he was and he was just lazy and didnt want the job ad gave it to aokiji

and black beard is a captin dont forget he just followed his own path to becomeing one and lkiveing out the "Will of D."

i never said that all captins have to be D.'s just that the some are and are good leaders
and luffy maybe an idiot but he still has teh respect of his crew and a 300 million bounty so hes not that dumb
and ace isa divison leader under one of teh most powerful captins so that aint bad
Old 2006-12-20, 01:54   Link #39
iKumdo
Chodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandfireX View Post
yes he was and he was just lazy and didnt want the job ad gave it to aokiji

and black beard is a captin dont forget he just followed his own path to becomeing one and lkiveing out the "Will of D."

i never said that all captins have to be D.'s just that the some are and are good leaders
and luffy maybe an idiot but he still has teh respect of his crew and a 300 million bounty so hes not that dumb
and ace isa divison leader under one of teh most powerful captins so that aint bad
But the greatest leaders are not D's. The only great leader is Rogers, and we know he was a great pirate, who knows how well he led.
Old 2006-12-20, 07:55   Link #40
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKumdo View Post
But the greatest leaders are not D's. The only great leader is Rogers, and we know he was a great pirate, who knows how well he led.
So in that case you could say the same about Luffy as he is the 'future' pirate king, remember that all the D's havent lived out their lives yet, for all we know Garp could take Sengoku's title someday.
Closed Thread