AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-13, 19:35   Link #2281
Yosei
Death by writing

Oh no, I'm sure I'd like a fair chunk of your music, since you mentioned other things apart from the hardcore rock genres. Yup, I'm pretty clueless about most rock circles, apparently Agalloch is one of those underground bands along the many that my friend loves, but I haven't really bothered asking him. I have a feeling that rock music makes me nod my head more than I type.

Much of the music I'm using now is performed by the Prague Symphony Orchestra, it's great.

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-13, 19:39   Link #2282
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Oh no, I'm sure I'd like a fair chunk of your music, since you mentioned other things apart from the hardcore rock genres. Yup, I'm pretty clueless about most rock circles, apparently Agalloch is one of those underground bands along the many that my friend loves, but I haven't really bothered asking him. I have a feeling that rock music makes me nod my head more than I type.

Much of the music I'm using now is performed by the Prague Symphony Orchestra, it's great.
Heres a good band for writing Claymore fics, they're called "Nightwish" and I think they're music fits perfectly with Claymore.

My favourite band is Metallica though, and I listen to them the most.
Old 2008-10-13, 19:39   Link #2283
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
I personally just listen to whatever the heck I feel like listening to XD

I primarily listen to Japanese music, but I do appreciate some Western and European music, among other kinds of songs, such as instrumental, orchestra, and a few other kinds XD
Old 2008-10-13, 19:41   Link #2284
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Hey guys, since this is a pretty open, friendly thread about everything fanfiction, I thought I'd start this mini-discussion.

I can't type without music. Music really helps me picture the mood of the setting and scene I'm writing, sometimes even the dialogue. I would be interested to hear what kind of music genres/songs you listen to when you write. Mine, currently, is European classical (in my previous stories it was rock).

Below you will see the tracklisting on my Itunes that I crank up whenever I write this current boxing fanfic. I reckon if you listen to a writer's "theme" for a character, you'll get a general idea of how that writer portrays that character. So if you're interested in how I "hear" my interpretations of the characters (and events) in Claymore, just tell me and I'll send you the soundtrack (mp3 attachment). They are not long, in fact they are quite short.

Spoiler for space:

A DISCLAIMER: I renamed the actual tracks themselves for my own creative purposes. They are composed by other people and compiled in actual proper albums that I don't own. So I have kept their Artist and Album names. However, the track names are different. So I think that's still allowing intellectual integrity to the composer. I'm constantly updating this list.
This is an interesting post, because this very morning I thought that if I ever wrote a FF it wouldn't be the same without a soundtrack, I guess it only really plays and fits in the mind of the writter but it would be fun if there was some kind of website that autoplays the writter's chosen song depending on the opened chapter

btw... IRON MAIDEN!!
Old 2008-10-13, 20:02   Link #2285
NobodyMan
Trying to be somebody

Send a message via MSN to NobodyMan
Quote:
@ Nobodyman: Ah, techno, cool. I like Japanese pop, although I have no idea what they're singing. :P some English and Chinese songs really rock for writing fanfiction though. I've been experimenting lately - in my first fanfics it was mostly Chinese and English pop and rock, now I've switched almost completely to orchestral.

NarutoFan is pretty huge I heard. I dunno, this is like, the only Anime forum I ever hang out consistently in. I tried to sign up for HiranoMoe forums because I love Hellsing but the webmaster is slack and hasn't verified my account
Yep, I love techno. My two favorite bands are Basshunter and Owl City, especially Owl City.

I like Owl City because most of the songs are really relaxing, so I listen to them when I'm writing a scene where the characters in the story are at rest. Overall, my favorite song is Dear Vienna.

Yeah, NF is huge, I only regular at a small portion of the entire forum.

Sig made by Yumii-chan.
Avi made by Woodburner
Old 2008-10-13, 20:20   Link #2286
Yosei
Death by writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerYomaFromSpace View Post
this very morning I thought that if I ever wrote a FF
I thought we were gonna work something out? *nudge, nudge*

@ Nobody: I'll check out Owl City out sometime. The "rest music" I have is Buddha Bar and Zohar, but their... themes... don't really match Claymore.

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-13, 20:35   Link #2287
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
I thought we were gonna work something out? *nudge, nudge*
I'm trying, but I must be 100% happy with it first, o else it won't go anywhere
Old 2008-10-13, 20:37   Link #2288
Yosei
Death by writing

Fair enough. I reckon that's a very important thing to keep in mind - personal satisfaction of the work.

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-14, 11:32   Link #2289
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
@Yosei:

Ehhh..it seems I miss a lot of the discussion here by not being online so often anymore

On your recent chapter: yes, Rigardo & Flora holding a stable/ decent conversation is rather - unnerving. Even in an AU I'd never think about it. I think its because Flora & Rigardo are seen as slain & slayer. So when I read that portion of the chapter I thought, "Wow - this is changing the way I look at Claymore"

Clare still is ambitious, I see. But I'm not sure why she would be so meek about beating Rigardo. If Cynthia & the others can sleep so soundly, she should be proud (a least visibly) that she beat Rigardo in a street fight.

And, yes, the last scene was - splendid. I like the imagery - extending Flora's teaching vocation to both her fight with Rigardo & her relationship with Vincent. With all your metaphors & imagery, Flora is turning out to be your most beautified character yet.

Quote:
I can't type without music. Music really helps me picture the mood of the setting and scene I'm writing, sometimes even the dialogue. I would be interested to hear what kind of music genres/songs you listen to when you write. Mine, currently, is European classical (in my previous stories it was rock).
I once did a Claymore playlist when I wrote my first Claymore story. Unfortunately, I've lost quite a lot of interest with some of that music. I tend to use different genres to create different moods, so it isn't fixed for the story/ chunk of stories I write.

I think I'm like Hell. I need some good rock (but not too heavy) and some sentimental music & other kinds of tunes. I listen to a random combi of English-language heavy rock (Hurt, TFK, Lacuna Coil, Shinedown, Disturbed etc), Malay-language rock/ alternative (Peterpan, Sheila on 7, Samson) & of course, good Chinese music (Zhou Jie Lun, Wang Lee Hom).
Old 2008-10-14, 12:18   Link #2290
Ryuken
Claymore #01

@hell, Metallica, as far as heavy metal is concerned that is.
Old 2008-10-14, 14:16   Link #2291
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuken View Post
@hell, Metallica, as far as heavy metal is concerned that is.
Rock on!

I'm really surprised at how quick this thread went from fanfiction to music. Yosei must have that special topic thing going on when he can just get people to start talking about other things besides what should be talked about.
Old 2008-10-14, 17:15   Link #2292
Yosei
Death by writing

It's a strategy to distract you while I take a break from the main story... muahahaha. Kidding

But in all honesty it was just something to talk about in relation to writing... Now, it's that time again, yet another short break for me, and handing over to AkatsukiYu to continue with Reflections - Flora and Vincent's past. For myself, I was actually planning the final Clare/Priscilla battle and the Epilogue last night and it was a bit sad that there are only two major battles remaining before the conclusion. Anyhow enough whining.

As usual, I have read the guest chapter too, but I have not edited anything except for the occasional grammar. In its essence this is 100% not my work.

Spoiler for space:

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-14, 18:32   Link #2293
hell88
Banned

Quote:
It's a strategy to distract you while I take a break from the main story... muahahaha. Kidding

But in all honesty it was just something to talk about in relation to writing... Now, it's that time again, yet another short break for me, and handing over to AkatsukiYu to continue with Reflections - Flora and Vincent's past. For myself, I was actually planning the final Clare/Priscilla battle and the Epilogue last night and it was a bit sad that there are only two major battles remaining before the conclusion. Anyhow enough whining.

As usual, I have read the guest chapter too, but I have not edited anything except for the occasional grammar. In its essence this is 100% not my work.

Spoiler for space:
That was a nice chapter to slow down from the storyline. I have to say, but only one word comes to mind after reading this, well two actually. Cute because of the children, I was not expecting it to be like that, and after reading the end of the chapter, sweet would be the only other word that comes to mind.

You guys should bring back Master Sands, he was cool. It would be fun to see him again at the end of the story.
Old 2008-10-14, 18:55   Link #2294
AkatsukiYu
Leave me alone...

He'll appear... in a way...
Old 2008-10-14, 19:00   Link #2295
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkatsukiYu View Post
He'll appear... in a way...
Cool I hope he kicks some ass with his broomstick or something.
Old 2008-10-14, 19:59   Link #2296
shelter
Every word must conjure

Send a message via MSN to shelter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hell88 View Post
I'm really surprised at how quick this thread went from fanfiction to music. Yosei must have that special topic thing going on when he can just get people to start talking about other things besides what should be talked about.
Yeah he apparently does We better get this thread back on track before the mods start thinking we're playing punk.

@AkatsukiYu: Must thank you for inventing the Flora - Vincent pairing. I read your comments on Chapter 33 (in spoilers) & realized that this particular Vincent in this story might not exactly be like the FF character down to the very last detail. But you seem to have found a pair of very unlikely characters across fandoms that go very well with each other.
Old 2008-10-14, 20:54   Link #2297
Yosei
Death by writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelter View Post
@Yosei:

On your recent chapter: yes, Rigardo & Flora holding a stable/ decent conversation is rather - unnerving. Even in an AU I'd never think about it. I think its because Flora & Rigardo are seen as slain & slayer. So when I read that portion of the chapter I thought, "Wow - this is changing the way I look at Claymore"

And, yes, the last scene was - splendid. I like the imagery - extending Flora's teaching vocation to both her fight with Rigardo & her relationship with Vincent. With all your metaphors & imagery, Flora is turning out to be your most beautified character yet.

Flora is I daresay the saint of the story. A loving, sensual wife, a devoted friend, an exemplar teacher (as AkatsukiYu has admirably narrated) and is happy to forgive someone even though he was choking her to death hours earlier. I was hoping you (or anyone) would notice how she begins to call Rigardo "My Lord" - that is *THE* most respectful and most intimate honorific she blesses him with, especially after she takes care of him at the hospital scene. The tension is palpable, yet I think her dialogue of "My Lord" gives a different sort of tension. It means much more than simply an offer of friendship and forgiveness - she recognizes his strength and authority as a Royal Lancer, who are supposed to be her arch-enemies.

To me, that was the crowning "unnerving" part.

And yes Flora indeed teaches Vincent many things.

Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2008-10-14, 20:57   Link #2298
AkatsukiYu
Leave me alone...

@hell88: Well I was planning on making Mr. Sands appear in some way anyways. You will just have to wait and see.

@shelter: In overtime, the Vincent Valentine (if you know) from Final Fantasy VII series is practically a different Vincent Valentine. While portraying his personalities. He does open up little by little to Flora. But not entirely to change his identity. I'm sure I didn't get Vincent exactly like the FFVII series portrays him.

The Vincent Valentine Yosei written was very much like mine despite the "crying" and "weeping" abilities he has. It is unlikely for Vincent to cry. BUT my Vincent will vary to the actual FF and my novelty. Most certainly... he's not going to cry, but most certainly he will change while holding his cold/mysterious/dark enigma he carries with him.

Once the pair was made... it was automatic. Flora was to be saved by him by putting her into my novelty. Originally I was planning on making Vincent randomly saving Flora from the claw finger from Rigardo.

Soon the guilt of having Flora to live while others died was also a toll on me. Thus I given life to them all. Thus sprouted the 21 OCs. Book 1 became more of a continuing story through subtext of the arcs of Part 2. While Part 1, 3 are main focused on the evilness of the enemy :P

It's centric of FloraxVincent... and another fandom MiriaxRaiden (FFVSXIII guy) (he doesn't have a name yet) And a GalateaxNot sure. Galatea has a hard time with relationships in Book 1.

Last edited by AkatsukiYu; 2008-10-15 at 04:58.
Old 2008-10-16, 05:42   Link #2299
Yosei
Death by writing

Hmm it suddenly became quiet in here.

Back to the main plot until I receive new material from guest writers. We are getting quite close to the end now. Don't worry, the pain will be over soon.

Spoiler for space:

Spoiler for Please:

Galaxy Fantasy

Last edited by Yosei; 2008-10-16 at 08:55.
Old 2008-10-16, 07:49   Link #2300
KillerYomaFromSpace

nice chapter, m8, can't wait for the next ones

and I understand how you feel, the end is always the hardest part, as it seems that the only "good" ends are the "bad" ends, then you feel guilty for it
Closed Thread

Tags
fanfiction