AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-11, 18:04   Link #61
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I don't know if it's a problem with the original material or the adaptation but this season is downright boring. It barely feels like the same show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I love how Sariel feels like he owes info from Maou just because he didn't team-up with Gabriel and his feelings for Sasaki doesn't stop him from flirting with Chiho and trying to sell her some chicken. Serves him right at the end though .
Sasaki is Chiho's last name. The manager is Kisaki.
Old 2022-08-11, 20:56   Link #62
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well now there working in a beach house witch looks like someone was murdered in it

Chihos mom really trusting her daughter
Old 2022-08-11, 22:45   Link #63
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sasaki is Chiho's last name. The manager is Kisaki.
Foiled by similar sounding last names .
Old 2022-08-11, 23:15   Link #64
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
I don't know if it's a problem with the original material or the adaptation but this season is downright boring. It barely feels like the same show.
I don't know. I'm enjoying this season so far (though not as much as S1 for obvious animation reason). I think it depends on your expectation. I always find the "Maou & gang doing mundane Japanese stuffs" to be the central premise & attraction of the show and the comedy surrounding it is still funny. And the last angel foe that they faced (Gabriel?) was hilarious (him eating the pizza-part killed me ). Dare I say that Gabriel's attitude was Konosuba-level of hilarious (not the OTT-kind like Aqua but the more subtle kind like the mask demon).

And Alas Ramus helps makes everything cuter.
Old 2022-08-18, 10:09   Link #65
Frontier

Pretty hard not to notice that giant cyclops through the fog .

The return of the Demon Language! I do like how they start talking to that demon in Japanese and then Urushihara brings up the obvious of how there's no way he would understand them that way .

We finally meet another one of Maou's old generals! Camio, a humanoid crow! And thankfully he seems more Alciel than Lucifer, to the point that Maou trusted him enough to leave him in charge of the demon realm when he went off to conquer Ente Isla. Although it sounds like things have really gone downhill since Maou left .

I guess it makes sense that with his magic power weakened and stuck on Earth that Camio would revert to a baby chick...but he was just so darn adorable! Especially with all the "peeps" and playing with Alas Ramus !

Time for Maou and company to get to work, but they're so busy, understaffed, and lacking in resources that it looks like disaster...until the ladies in his life arrive to chip in and back him up .

Which also affords us a chance to see all three girls in swimsuits! We've got Chiho in an orange bikini that handily shows off her great body and chest, Suzuno in a black one-piece that's very her, and Emi in a tropical bikini with a classy sarong. Their swimsuits fit them very well! I only wish the camera had shown them off more !

Ashiya complains about how blunt Maou is toward Emi and Suzuno when he's a little too blunt in why he wants to please them...and he gets murdered for his trouble. It's hilarious how Emi's first response to these guys is to threaten to kill them when they irritate her .

With the prospect of Olba escaping jail, Urushihara informs Emi of exactly why he was working with Olba, not just because it was convenient with Urushihara in his weakened state but because Obla promised him a chance to get back to Heaven. And Emi was a part of that deal as well, as he was planning to use her sacred tools and the Yesod seed in her sword as a bargaining chip the whole time .

I love how Emi is such a tsundere towards Maou now. She's practically using every tsundere line in the book to justify why she's helping Maou. And look at that blush in her face when Maou talks about how they've been working together .

I guess we have explicit confirmation on how Amane is more than she seems when she was able to handily defeat some demons on her own. I guess the question now is who she really is .
Old 2022-08-18, 18:07   Link #66
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very nice episode, with a good balance between the working aspect of the show and the Ente Isla business.
Old 2022-08-18, 20:54   Link #67
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well for a run down shack it doing really good business and for how much Emi hates them she such is quick to help out
Old 2022-08-18, 22:31   Link #68
Frontier

I feel like they underplayed the girls being in swimsuits...
Old 2022-08-19, 08:19   Link #69
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I feel like they underplayed the girls being in swimsuits...
To me it's more like they looked ridiculously sexier in season 1 when they wore more or less the same swimsuits. That's why it felt underwhelming, this artstyle doesn't lend itself to fanservice well. Maybe they're aware of that and it's the reason they cut this short.

S1 also had a hilarious joke with the burgers too.
Old 2022-08-19, 10:00   Link #70
Frontier

Quote:
To me it's more like they looked ridiculously sexier in season 1 when they wore more or less the same swimsuits. That's why it felt underwhelming, this artstyle doesn't lend itself to fanservice well. Maybe they're aware of that and it's the reason they cut this short.

S1 also had a hilarious joke with the burgers too.
That might be accurate, but also there weren't as many panning shots or focus on showing off their swimsuits...other than Chiho, I guess, but I guess it's obvious why she gets favoritism there .
Old 2022-08-25, 10:11   Link #71
Frontier

So Olba is basically behind everything, having stirred up the Demon Realm with the power of the Sacred Sword to tip the balance and put the demons in charge...and that means sending them after Emi .

Emi has her own faith in Maou, even if she tries to downplay it, and that blush on her face when Maou asks her to believe in him says everything. And now she can't even be that violent of a tsundere because of Alas Ramus .

Attack of the army of CGI demons !

Amane comes off like the most powerful person in the entire area, and she seems to have some kind of connection to the Earth along with her father...but she got a good sense that Maou and his people aren't evil, so she's willing to help them on this .

Emi's got her white hair back and her Sacred Sword has been upgraded! Yet she's trying to fight non-lethally because she doesn't want to just wholesale slaughter demons anymore. That's character development !

I love how the Demons are all transformed into their full demon regalia while Camio...is just straight up naked. Also, how the other demons keep unintentionally insulting Lucifer was priceless .

Satan "possesses" the Sacred Sword by grabbing Emi and pulling her into an embrace like she's his woman. Thank goodness Chiho didn't see that, but I enjoyed every minute .

The gangs' adventures have stirred up all the spirits that call that area a resting and cleaning place during Obon and Amane, who seems like some kind of caretaker of the Earth and it's spirits, whisks everything away like it was never there. Deepening the mystery of what she and her aunt really are. But hey, at least everybody got paid .

So they've finally got another piece of the Yesod, so that's good. Also, Maou talking about "dominating" Emi, and I think she and everyone else (especially Chiho) thought it was a wholly different kind of domination .
Old 2022-08-25, 20:49   Link #72
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well pretty ballsy for Maou to grab Emi like that in front of all those demons and yet again Shirou is still useless
Old 2022-08-27, 14:03   Link #73
HandofFate

lol @ Chiho hoping Maou means to take over the world rather than dominate Emi.
Old 2022-08-30, 08:24   Link #74
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 09:46.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 09:52   Link #75
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Chiho rocking that school swimsuit! And Suzuno's butt isn't too shabby .
Old 2022-09-01, 10:06   Link #76
Frontier

Oh hey, Chi's dad! I don't think we've seen him since season 1 .

I don't know what's better, Ashiya enjoying the simpler pleasures of their refurbished apartment or calling out Urushihara for his hypocrisy towards work. Maybe Ashiya with baby ruffled hair .

Maou is acting less demonically? I think that'd be more of a turn on for you, Emi .

So our perennial part-timer is moving from the beach to the Sasaki family farm! And Chi's family sure seem like successful farmers! Like all that land is theirs? I wonder how wealthy they are .

Ha! Now Chi's entire family can needle her about her feelings for Maou, poor girl .

It was nice to see Chi dressed more casually and get to enjoy the stars with Maou though .

And just when you thought this was going to be a Chiho focused arc...Emi, Suzuno, and Alas Ramus of course tag along. Emi is there to revisit her roots and because she can't stomach the idea of Maou and company working on a farm knowing that they stole that life from her and her father. It's...actually kind of sad in a way .

Not that Emi wants to hear Maou's regrets or reflections on what happened, even if he does seem to feel a little bad about it, because it would only thin (if only by a very marginal amount) the resolve she has to eventually defeat and kill him. It makes me wonder what developments this farm arc will lead to for their relationship .

Looks like it's the gang versus a bear next !
Old 2022-09-01, 20:54   Link #77
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well from the beach to a farm with Emi stalking all the way

Didnt think that Urushihara would get carsick
Old 2022-09-01, 22:43   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

This is gonna take up two episodes?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-02, 13:15   Link #79
HandofFate

didn't expect the pattern that they jump from one summer part-time job to another while mgdonalds is under repair.

i know they ran out of time so they choose to end the episode there, but other than some explaining to do later to the normies, the 3 can just punch that bear in the nose and send it on its way so its not like its a real danger
Old 2022-09-08, 10:00   Link #80
Frontier

Emi beats up a bear! She literally throws it! And then she becomes internet famous, earns the Sasaki's undying gratitude, and even gets dubbed the "Bear-Slayer." I don't think she's going to live that one down for a while .

Some Emi fanservice as Suzuno grabs her leg to prevent her from murdering Maou and we get a top-down view of her cleavage! Wait, doesn't her cleavage look more pronounced than season 1? Especially because of all the jokes about her being flat ?

Maou realizing that the demons probably wouldn't have warred so much if they had the resources or the livelihood of humans...which they tried to steal for themselves, but we saw how that ended up .

So the recent thefts of food in the area is connected to the bear attack because they're the ones who honked their car and drove it to attack them. As if the gang needed more reason to hate those guys .

Grandma helped, but not only was Urushihara actually counted among those helping, but he even managed to figure out they might be after the solar panels too! Urushihara actually contributed this time around !

Maou and Suzuno is a pairing we haven't seen that much of this season! And he even stumbled into a boob grab (but wait, isn't Suzuno kind of flat too?)! And we even get some Suzuno leg as she threatens to kill him in retaliation !

It seems the true demons were the ladies this time around, as Emi manages to terrify a guy enough to wet himself, though Maou with the finish as he actually transforms to capture the last dude .

Nice of the Sasaki's to gift the gang plenty of food. Should save them some money (lucky Ashiya) .

So Alas Ramus is denying Emi is a bear-slayer, which is the only positive, but she's also concerned about Maou and the others gaining their true powers again and it looks like Eme's been in contact with her mother .