AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-16, 19:23   Link #21
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
We're just moving through this tournament . But honestly I respect that they are trying to give as much time to the musical side as the athletic tournament side. Whether it works or not, they are definitely trying to marry the concepts.

Some tough moments along the way. But fair enough that they managed to power their way through thanks to two top notch athletes carrying Rise forward. When up against entertainers dabbling in sports they are athletes dabbling in being entertainers. So even with a smaller team they can power through these groups. Of course that does force Sumi and Saki to work on musical performances so not to break the unwritten rules. Although since it doesn't seem to be an official rule they should be fine. Plenty still to get through, but they are a step away from getting Hiyori's music some real attention.

So far it is pretty fun. Obviously they can't give any given sport a huge amount of attention. But it's still enjoyable seeing them mix and match these concepts. And since they are giving them as balanced an approach as possible both sides have something to enjoy.
Old 2022-07-16, 22:21   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-17, 02:23   Link #23
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

Hiyori has Saki and Sumika in her team now, two experienced athletes, but this is counterbalanced by the robot members being rather weak. So it's still a fair fight against the opposing team.

enjoyed watching the games and the singing.

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-24, 08:03   Link #24
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 3:

enjoyed watching the games, Hiyori hard work shows it's effect.

feels like Captain Hojo of Smile made the big mistake of not joining in right away? The lead was 22 points, but got narrowed down to 5 when she joined.

also enjoyed the performance part. They even got one of those yellow uniformed girls to give them a vote.

Old 2022-07-24, 08:51   Link #25
stray
Classic Yandere

Silly premise but kind of a fun series overall. Seems like Rise is getting more humans... eventually.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-24, 10:18   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 3:

enjoyed watching the games, Hiyori hard work shows it's effect.

feels like Captain Hojo of Smile made the big mistake of not joining in right away? The lead was 22 points, but got narrowed down to 5 when she joined.

also enjoyed the performance part. They even got one of those yellow uniformed girls to give them a vote.

I wonder if she's got less than ideal stamina. Definitely seemed to burn out fast even with joining in well into the second half. Of course that could just be from frantically trying to overcome a gap in the score.

I think underestimating their opponents was the key element. They drew up a plan, determined how much they'd need to push through and only used that much. Not a great idea since there's no reason to hold back.

The performance was nice and cute. Nothing overwhelming, but definitely enjoyable. A good reward for them getting this far and giving their all. And a valuable step forward. Although they definitely need more bodies. The AI players are trying, but I'm sure they are designed to not overwhelm the human players. So they'll need to grow this group a bit more.
Old 2022-07-24, 11:09   Link #27
stray
Classic Yandere

According to the OP we've got a striker and a co-captain incoming.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-25, 08:46   Link #28
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I wonder if she's got less than ideal stamina. Definitely seemed to burn out fast even with joining in well into the second half. Of course that could just be from frantically trying to overcome a gap in the score.

I think underestimating their opponents was the key element. They drew up a plan, determined how much they'd need to push through and only used that much. Not a great idea since there's no reason to hold back.

The performance was nice and cute. Nothing overwhelming, but definitely enjoyable. A good reward for them getting this far and giving their all. And a valuable step forward. Although they definitely need more bodies. The AI players are trying, but I'm sure they are designed to not overwhelm the human players. So they'll need to grow this group a bit more.
team captain of Smile got burned out, I assume from tiredness (lol). Agreed it's underestimation of their opponents that caused their demise.

yeah, looks like the ai are designed to be weak against people in actual games. Although they're still useful for passing the ball. Also agree that they need more humans on the team.

forgot to mention this on the previous post. With the technology that they're using.. looks like being short isn't too much of a handicap in basketball. Even small people like Saki can jump high enough to reach the hoop.
Old 2022-07-26, 01:33   Link #29
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
team captain of Smile got burned out, I assume from tiredness (lol). Agreed it's underestimation of their opponents that caused their demise.

yeah, looks like the ai are designed to be weak against people in actual games. Although they're still useful for passing the ball. Also agree that they need more humans on the team.

forgot to mention this on the previous post. With the technology that they're using.. looks like being short isn't too much of a handicap in basketball. Even small people like Saki can jump high enough to reach the hoop.
That's a fair point. I'm sure height can still have some impact in the physical nature of certain sports. But the super tech definitely eliminates some barriers for a shorter player like Saki. She can just go and it's fine . And that allows her to be the legitimate Ace of the team even in other sports.

It does seem from the OP that they'll only add a couple people, but that's mostly fine. I wouldn't expect a show like this to make the cast too huge. The AI players are valuable space fillers as characters that don't need any character development . But a small core group of players is necessary to just hold their own against better teams. So it will be handy when they recruit a bit. Although I'm curious to see how that ends up happening. Whether they feel a need to seek out more people or if they are actually sought out after getting this stage performance.
Old 2022-07-28, 11:21   Link #30
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 10:18.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-31, 01:49   Link #31
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 4:

Rise got totally trounced in practice with Maybee. However, they learned a lot of things. And gained a more friendly relation with some Maybee members as well. Being able to play with high level opponents with nothing at stake is a great way to become better. Good thing they did not go home like the other teams.

looking forward to see more of the possible new member next week.
Old 2022-07-31, 10:24   Link #32
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Definitely important to give them a chance at being beaten without there being real stakes. In a tournament "win or you are done" style it's tough to build up rivalries since you can't really face them more than once. So this is good to set the bar and the difficulty level.

And frankly if they didn't lose like this then it would just be boring. No matter how amazing 2/3 of Rise's members are at sports...teams need numbers. Quality is key, but quantity has to at least be at a certain level too.
Old 2022-08-07, 11:20   Link #33
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

looks like Yukino would be hard to recruit.. apparently this is a family related issue. Her dad and brother died, so no one is left carry on with grandpa's samurai legacy.

Rise team really needs some more help. Would be difficult to play baseball with only three real people. The abilities of the robots are limited.

looking forward to how they resolve this next week.
Old 2022-08-14, 06:30   Link #34
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

that's one cool retired samurai grandpa. Give a convincing advice to Yuki-chan, so she can play baseball without guilt. The bat is also a "sword". Emotional moment for me when he handed Yuki-chan a baseball bat.

they totally destroyed the other team. 7-1. lol

and looks like the new member is being scouted already.

looking forward to next week!
Old 2022-08-14, 22:45   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I'm kind of surprised there wasn't more issues for the girl who threw a ball at someone's head with supernatural speed! Not sure how much faster these balls are thrown compared to reality, but that's a pretty reckless stunt to pull.

Guess the other team deserves props for not immediately resorting to hitting their opponents and instead just using intentional walks. I'd say that's because they were worried about reputation. But attempting to hit Yuki in the head didn't get a bad reputation (even had one media outlet talking about how the pitcher played honorably to the end or something like that). And I'm not sure that just walking the only human players would look good either so I'd presume they didn't care about their reputation.

Props to Grandpa for getting Yuki back in the game. Although I would say he probably could have given her that pep talk earlier . But surprisingly it didn't matter. For all the talk, that other team honestly sucked. They managed to score 1 run up to Yuki showing up. Holding Rise off the scoreboard was a given until they got a 4th player in there. But for all the tough talk, that team had no offense whatsoever. Even with the ace pitcher not being able to pitch seriously it was a pretty easy match.

Nice that they are spreading out the recruitment a bit. Saki wasn't that connected to the baseball story so it makes sense to give her this chance to get them some additional help. And Lise seems like a solid enough candidate to join up. I can't imagine the next round will be a karate tournament, but you never know.
Old 2022-08-16, 06:43   Link #36
Liddo-kun
is this so?

the Banshee group are just cowards, cannot even fight head on. And that media outlet who said they played honorably is either a fan of theirs or got bribed (lol) - or whatever reason.. the reputation of this team went down the drain when they got 7-1 in front of a lot of people.

grandpa showing his granddaughter the way of the sword. Grandpa must have been badass during his prime years.

anyway, looks like the next girl would be easy to recruit. She already likes Rise, and is also interested in hyper sports.
Old 2022-08-21, 01:45   Link #37
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 7:

another cute girl joins the team. Lise adds a lot of power to the team with those kicks!

next episode is a fanservice swimsuit episode. WEllm I;m not complaining... bring it. lol

looking forward to next week
Old 2022-08-28, 07:40   Link #38
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 8:

liking the latest performance by Rise. Song is just as catchy as the first one that they did. Also their costumes are much better now.

still a lot of playing, but this is more of a relaxing episode.

that explains the attitude.. Rin is from a heavy metal band. Looks like she's forgiven for the intentional walks and the bean ball. lol

that two person team worries me a bit.. says in their info that they're good at robotics. They might have modified their robots to become just as good (or even better) than human players.

Old 2022-08-30, 08:22   Link #39
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-13 at 09:51.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-30, 16:06   Link #40
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Lise was a fine addition. Although it seems like an odd move to have Saki basically overshadowed at her specialty. If she's no longer the best soccer player on their team...what's her niche anymore? I know they weren't likely to throw karate tournaments into the Extreme Hearts tournament, but it seemed like everyone was going to have at least one sport where they could dominate. She basically recruited her way into the background on the team .

The concert was fine. Although it makes me think what they could do with more episodes. Could easily argue that in an effort to get Hiyori's music heard by the world, they are getting further away from what her music actually was in the beginning. It's good and fun idol music, but it is kind of leaving the genre that she was focusing on in the first place. Her name could be getting out there, but not in the way she was working so hard for at the very start. Of course it's unavoidable with the nature of the Extreme Heart tournament. No one is going to be that interested in having someone pull out a chair and sing a more laid-back song with a guitar . Of course I doubt the show will even think of it that way so probably is a pointless comment.

The story is really trying to pretend like Rin wasn't at total villain. Forget Lise's personal trauma, this girl intentionally wanted to nail someone in the head with a super powered throw. It can't seriously pretend she's a nice person. Honestly, it is ok to have some people not be good.

Snow Wolf is an interesting matchup. Mostly since I'm surprised they aren't breaking any rules. I would have thought the whole point of the robot players was that they had to be tuned to below the average level of the competitors. Otherwise teams with more money could just buy better robot players and make it with next to no actual performers on their team. I guess that's not the case and most teams are just wasting the opportunity to advance through stronger robot support players. Mostly since I doubt these two are so far ahead of all robotics experts on the planet that no one else could actually get robot players on their level.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2022-08-30 at 16:33.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
soccer, sports