AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-01-21, 23:54   Link #1001
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

Wow, awesome! Hope we all get our copies soon!!
Old 2009-01-22, 05:12   Link #1002
meh

I just want to thank all the translators for your hard work in this project. Just read the 3 episodes recently, pretty much in succession. And now I'm sad because the more I read, the more confused I get...

Part of me wish I can just pretend this story doesn't exist until the last answer arc, so the waiting won't be so painful.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 07:47   Link #1003
Mystearika

it good to hear also hope we all get our copies
Old 2009-01-24, 00:43   Link #1004
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Yayy~ I'm back, after a very long time. I finished the episode 1 demo, and I would truly like to thank Witch Hunt for the awesome translation. I'm having a problem (again) though; I can't access the tips or the hidden tea party. At the end of the game, something states that I have new additions to the title screen. I've looked around and tried everything I could find. This includes changing my language settings to Japanese. Any suggestions on anything else I could do to try to access it? owo
Naichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 00:44   Link #1005
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
Did you check under "omake"?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 02:57   Link #1006
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Omake? What's that? o_o (Of course, if it isn't directed towards me...XD
Old 2009-01-24, 03:08   Link #1007
NrvnqsrChaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naichi View Post
Yayy~ I'm back, after a very long time. I finished the episode 1 demo, and I would truly like to thank Witch Hunt for the awesome translation. I'm having a problem (again) though; I can't access the tips or the hidden tea party. At the end of the game, something states that I have new additions to the title screen. I've looked around and tried everything I could find. This includes changing my language settings to Japanese. Any suggestions on anything else I could do to try to access it? owo
Did you read the Tea Party? I think ???? is only available after getting through the normal one. TIPS should be unlocked after the hidden Tea Party. If I remember correctly.

Thanks to all of the Witch Hunt staff for their great work on this game, and also congratulations for Ryukishi's encouragement for your project.
NrvnqsrChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 05:33   Link #1008
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naichi View Post
Please read my previous post over that matter.
Old 2009-01-24, 12:56   Link #1009
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Good news- my disk came in today!

Bad news- I was in the shower, so instead of leaving the package at the door or at my apartments office, they took my package back to the post office and I have to pick it up on Monday D: .

That, or post-dude never rang the doorbell at all this morning > ....
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 14:38   Link #1010
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

My disk came in today too! Luckily, the hubby and I were awake and playing WoW when the mailman came by. Won't have time to play for a little while, but I'm really looking forward to it!!
Old 2009-01-24, 14:49   Link #1011
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Please read my previous post over that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NrvnqsrChaos View Post
Did you read the Tea Party? I think ???? is only available after getting through the normal one. TIPS should be unlocked after the hidden Tea Party. If I remember correctly.

Thanks to all of the Witch Hunt staff for their great work on this game, and also congratulations for Ryukishi's encouragement for your project.
Oohhh I get what both of you are saying...sort of. o_o; Except this is what happens...
Spoiler for Afraid this is spoiling:
I don't get a normal tea party at all. Unless I really am retarded and are completely misunderstanding your words.
Old 2009-01-24, 15:20   Link #1012
GyroidFanatic

Yeah, something's definitely wrong there. Wait, you don't even have a Continue option there...
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 15:29   Link #1013
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Quote:
Yeah, something's definitely wrong there. Wait, you don't even have a Continue option there...
No ><; I should have one?
Old 2009-01-24, 15:52   Link #1014
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with Vista and its uncanny habit to prevent any "unallowed modification of a file".
That would explain why your save state send you back to square one.
Old 2009-01-24, 15:54   Link #1015
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I'm pretty sure this is a problem with Vista and its uncanny habit to prevent any "unallowed modification of a file".
That would explain why your save state send you back to square one.
Oh haha I see....owo; Well, that's just great. Is there nothing I can do to change that? Unless it involves deleting my save states and starting over ._.;
Old 2009-01-24, 16:12   Link #1016
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I actually have no idea as I never used vista. Well, here is the global SAV file for the demo. Just replace yours with the 2 files below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zbnzoi2oonz

you must go to "programdata/umineko1demo"
be sure to enable the option that allow you to see the hidden folders/files.
Old 2009-01-24, 16:16   Link #1017
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Um...what exactly do I replace though...><;?
Old 2009-01-24, 17:25   Link #1018
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Like I said, you need to get in the folder that contain your save state.
First, to locate the folder, you need to activate the feature that will allow you to see the hidden files/folders. For this, with vista, you have to go to "control panel" then "folder options".

Normally, you should see from now on, hidden folders and files with a transparent icon.

Then, go to your main drive, and find the hidden folder "programdata", and there, find "umineko1demo".
Inside, you will see bunch of save files etc. Place the 2 files I hosted in there.
Old 2009-01-24, 18:56   Link #1019
Naichi
BeatoXBattler ftw ♥

Oh never mind. That was a stupid question.

I'm going to test it out right now :O

Edit: Well...it did delete all my save spots. ;_; But I guess it can't be helped. Thank you~
Old 2009-01-24, 19:20   Link #1020
FiREwing

Also, this thing with Vista not allowing you to alter files might be happening because you have your User Account Controls on.

Start Menu > Control Panel > User Accounts > Turn User Account Control On or Off > Untick the box that says "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer" > Ok

You have to restart after, but it makes using Vista a lot less irritating.~_~;; Might be the cause might not. Hopefully it works for you with the global sav file though?xD
FiREwing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation