AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-12, 20:45   Link #461
Tiberium Wolf

Man! 20 years. The mangaka gotta be feeling safe.
Old 2009-09-12, 22:52   Link #462
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Scanlations are out!

Intense and serious Ippo is a force to be reckoned with, though if Woli manages to get up after that pinky finger gaze punch he gave Woli and go back to his corner and recover, we might see something later on. Now the match gets interesting!
Old 2009-09-13, 01:16   Link #463
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Did the pinky graze hit him in the chin?
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 04:46   Link #464
gonzo562

wonder if he did a pin point blow on the chin like he did to miyata when they first fought.

end the match dont let woli get up!
gonzo562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 04:52   Link #465
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
Man! 20 years. The mangaka gotta be feeling safe.
He's gotta be one of the top sports mangakas in Japan. No ongoing boxing manga can even touch HnI in terms of popularity (notice I said ongoing, so Ashita no Joe doesn't count.).

Last edited by ac195; 2009-09-13 at 08:33.
ac195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 06:08   Link #466
Blablabla
Zetsubo-sensei daaaaaa !!

The worst thing that can happen to HNJ is to turn into a endless and pointless manga like Captain Tsubasa. Each time Takahashi is "starting over" with new goals for his characters because he couldn't match the timelines it got himself into.
First it was supposed to be the 2002 World Cup, then 2006 and last year the Olympic Games. And now back to the Calcio with Hyuga still playing in C league.

His storyline doesn't make anymore sense.

If Morika knows where he will lead his story and how he will get there, whatever time it will take him to do what he has in mind (like Miuchi's Glass no Kamen which has been going on for 35 years !) it will still be interesting to follow.
Blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-13, 13:03   Link #467
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Did the pinky graze hit him in the chin?
Ippo said he felt his pinky hit Woli's chin.

Also we see here how Ippo would be if he defended against Miyata. His moves as a pure in fighter with great defense is proof that he may acknowledge Miyata as stronger than him, but he himself is working to get stronger than Miyata. Here in Woli's fight has 2 points. 1st Ippo's great defense against a barrage of punches and 2nd the gaze on Woli's chin that made him buckle down.

Though setting aside Ippo's road to fight to Miyata and going to Gouko...err Woli's stand point, we haven't seen his full potential yet. He's got natural talent, but is it affective against a real in fighter boxer? But my wild guest is that he'll probably be like RBJ and suddenly change the tide of the fight in the later rounds or is this a big upset he's down 1 2...10!
Old 2009-09-13, 14:00   Link #468
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
20 years i wonder if theres anyone who has followed the manga since day one ?

woli looks to have a frail body and against ippo's punches even if he does bring his game up that frailness will bring him down against ippo and other opponents.
Telcalipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 07:14   Link #469
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Hahaha, Woli is a mini-Bryan Hawk... original...
Old 2009-09-18, 08:07   Link #470
Umobile

^Lol.

Never thought he would possess same swaying skill as bryan hawk, but meh, lets see how ippo handles it.

I remembered when takaruma countered it, he was able to be one step higher than the world champion. Hopefully, ippo will earn a credit from people that he's ready to take the world by killing this swaying moves.
Umobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-18, 09:04   Link #471
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

^Haha

From what we've seen of Martinez, I think Ippo has got a long way to go... the world is indeed wide.
Old 2009-09-18, 13:17   Link #472
Blablabla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umobile View Post
^Lol.

Never thought he would possess same swaying skill as bryan hawk, but meh, lets see how ippo handles it.

I remembered when takaruma countered it, he was able to be one step higher than the world champion. Hopefully, ippo will earn a credit from people that he's ready to take the world by killing this swaying moves.
Yeah but Takamura is a "natural". He managed to defeat Hawk because he was the perfect combination of skill, and raw instinct. Ippo has none. Power, strong will, but he is just doing what he has been taught/has learn.
But Woli doesn't seem to be has brutal as Hawk was... so there's room left for Ippo to win.
Old 2009-09-21, 09:09   Link #473
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
^Haha

From what we've seen of Martinez, I think Ippo has got a long way to go... the world is indeed wide.
So, does Martinez has the wilderness in him? Nah, he looks too much of a gentleman for me
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 11:59   Link #474
Telcalipoca

Send a message via MSN to Telcalipoca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
So, does Martinez has the wilderness in him? Nah, he looks too much of a gentleman for me
martines is like a dog after a bone when he lets out.Hes fast strong relentless the best in his class and he knows it.if he doesnt let out its because those he faces arent worthy of him going all out.
Telcalipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-21, 23:25   Link #475
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Let's get something strait Martinez is called 'El Diablo' one and a more reason he's undefeated in the ring, he fights brutally and scientifically. Only Eiji Date gave him a run for his money, but was being beaten the whole rounds when Martinez said he'll "RETURN" to his normal ways.

Woli though looking him as a boxer, he's more like Takuma Seiki, speed and flexibility, he also has power as seen in the Vorg spar. Though in contrast to avoid guard damage he jumps and uses ropes.

BREAK HIS RIBS IPPO!!!!!!
Old 2009-09-22, 11:38   Link #476
Cinocard

Quote:
Let's get something strait Martinez is called 'El Diablo'
The post was just for j/k, but you have a very, very good memory huh?

Anyway, i'm not used to seeing monkey inside the ring. And Woli, even though hasn't done anything wrong, has somehow pissed me off a lot with his nonchalant attitude. Just cannot wait for him to cough up blood
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 04:23   Link #477
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam a HNI fan so I've been watching and reading it for a long time now and favorite characters heel or face, who Iam interested or like, I don't forget their moments.

As for Monkey boy, I think he has yet to go wild. I smell a D.Q....
Old 2009-09-23, 07:03   Link #478
Blablabla

Disappointed with how the fight evolved. Once again Miguel will have to deal with "raw and savage genius" , this time because Woli's lack of knowledge and basic skill.

Don't really understand why a veteran coach like him messed that much up and is about to waste a fighter one more time .

Because Woli is boxing because he is enjoying it, because it is to his eyes a game that give him fun. But I don't think that getting "Ippo'd" like other were with broken bones will have him to get him back on a ring.

Really hope that this "freedom" is a emergency decision, that will allow Woli to watch, learn and grasp what he is lacking without getting beaten up. After all, Itagaki managed to pull of Miyata's Jolt Counter pretty easily.
Old 2009-09-23, 07:56   Link #479
ac195
Koh nara dekiru!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
BREAK HIS RIBS IPPO!!!!!!
I don't think I want Ippo to go quite that far...

From what we've seen of Woli, he seems to be a good kid. It's just that I'm not really fond of watching the same kind of fight again...

I really wish that they would just hurry up and get on with it and show whatever he hit Vorg with... and a "wildman/berserk" mode development wouldn't be so bad either.
Old 2009-09-23, 09:00   Link #480
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac195 View Post
It's just that I'm not really fond of watching the same kind of fight again...

Yeah I know. That's why Ippo needs to end this fast. Woli is good guy and I really don't like seeing characters like him become a fighting tool from the likes of Miguel.

Tags
boxing, shonen, sports