AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-12-08, 00:11   Link #541
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Semper Iratus.
Old 2012-12-08, 00:23   Link #542
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Semper Iratus.
Omni tempore

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
grevierr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 02:34   Link #543
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
Omni tempore

I think your forgetting some thing

The pilot of Angry Eishi F4's Tsf will slingshot themselves to the BETA hive kill those blasted xenos kinda like this game

kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-08, 03:05   Link #544
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

If I write more perhaps, I would write about the usage of the XL-99 Electromagnetic Catapult... and how they sent the Hobbit to Hive Isangrad...

In any case, even Angry Eishins respect incoming lasers... they just hate the shit out of them... they are angry, not stupid...

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt. Run in little circles, wave your arms and shout.
Old 2012-12-08, 03:41   Link #545
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevierr View Post
If I write more perhaps, I would write about the usage of the XL-99 Electromagnetic Catapult... and how they sent the Hobbit to Hive Isangrad...
and the one manning the XL-99 EMC is is Tundere esper insert typical Tundere response < I-It's not that I care for y-you you baka>

Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2012-12-08 at 04:08.
Old 2012-12-09, 04:08   Link #546
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Guy just to let you know some one made a fan made VN base on Paul Xion fanfic....... its incredible .......
Old 2012-12-09, 04:25   Link #547
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Would love to write something for Muv-Luv (Or Total Eclipse), but not that comfortable with the world/tech/characters to start. The thing that interests me with it: If you can create OCs that aren't overpowered Mary Sues, they would be welcome in the Muv-Luv Universe (mainly because anyone can be eaten).

I'll just leave you with something I worked out in my head. EDIT: Just realized there are no nukes in this universe. ninja'd.

Quote:
There was a grim silence in the room.

Different people, different nationalities. Soldiers and salesmen. Generals, Politicians. Some with panicked looks, others with bitter venom held back in their fury. All of them fell silent as the reports rolled in. On this day, none could pretend normalcy.

The BETA have landed on earth.

"We're doomed," one man from India muttered. His homeland would be first in the aliens' line of fire.

"Blow up the whole site," cut a voice with a texan accent and a barely concealed rage. "Carpet bomb the contient. It's the only way. Take them all out before they spread."

"Are you insane?" hammered a fist from the other side. "You bloody Yanks wouldn't drop bombs on YOUR home country if it were invaded, would you?"

"Yes sir, we would." the american dared the englishman to meet his stare.

The arguments began to blaze, each person either for or against the suggestion. In that heated state, none noticed two of their number quietly leave the room.

The door closed softly shut, leaving the others to their mad scramble.

"Not a chance of anyone in that room listening, Giulio?" The younger man asked his companion in fluent Italian. Both walked away, as if the events in the room they left meant nothing to them.

They were brothers, italian in descent but now working for the United States' Los Alamos National Laboratory. They were summoned to the meeting to provide the men there some reassurance that the BETA would not invade.

Neither of the brothers was a liar.

"Military men and politicians never listen, Enrico." the older man replied, stoic. He alone in the room showed no emotion when the news of the BETA landfall arrived. As if he was expecting it. "To them, this war was just game."

"It didn't become real for them until the BETA landed."

"It isn't real to them even now." Giulio kept his unflinching gaze. Here in the halls of the United Nations building, in America, none of it felt real. People still worked, blissfully unaware of the news. "Human beings don't have the capacity to think that far ahead."

"True, we're shortsighted." the Enrico replied. "Our brains are wired to acknowledge and deal with immediate threats, but not long-term threats."

"The moment the human species discovered space for the first time, we should have begun preparations for something like this." A sigh, the genius suffering at the hands of fools. "Our Sun is a young star. There are billions of stars in the galaxy that are billions of years older."

"And given probabilities, some of these stars will have Earth-like planets, with the potential to develop intelligent life." Enrico nodded. He and Giulio, the brother geniuses, theorized this. "And some of these civilizations may develop interstellar travel."

"And at any practical pace of interstellar travel, the galaxy can be completely colonized in just a few tens of millions of years," Giulio finished. "Even given the slimmest chance of success, the sheer number of stars out in the universe means that we would have encountered some other intelligent life out there. So, why did this not happen?"

Giulio's smile was far more bitter than any in the room he had left.

"The BETA happened to them."

Enrico frowned. His elder brother had always been like this, ever since his childhood bout with throat infection. Of the two, his brother was the more brilliant--and sometimes the more frightening.

"Now THEY are here," Giulio mused, looking out one window. All the people below, still blindingly oblivious to their eventual fate. "The generals will continue to fight. They may develop new weapons and technologies. It will not change the end result."

"Are we really that lost?" Enrico joined his brother at the view. "Isn't there some way of communicating with them?"

"Humans don't communicate with the cattle or chickens we eat, why should the BETA bother to talk to us?" Giulio scoffed, then turned cold again. "If a chicken could talk to you, understand you and fully communicate with you, then it wouldn't be a chicken anymore, would it? It would be a man. A feathered man, but a man nonetheless."

"Well, I would think twice about eating a talking chicken."

"No, it's not enough. For a chicken to be treated with the same respect as a man, it would have to look like a man, talk like a man, and have the same values as a man." Giulio remained serious. "Which would include: eating other chickens."

There was incomprehension on the younger man's face. Not of misunderstanding, but of a human refusal to understand what is brutally clear. "Giulio, what are you saying?"

"The solution to the BETA consuming Humanity is simple," the elder brother spoke, in a most alien and mechanical tone. "Humans must give up their humanity."
BTW: If you don't know who "Giulio and Enrico" are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrico_Fermi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox

Last edited by wavehawk; 2012-12-09 at 05:21.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 07:47   Link #548
John117xCortana

There are nukes in the MuvLuv universe.

Nice scene BTW.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 08:18   Link #549
grevierr
The Lovable SuBiTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Would love to write something for Muv-Luv (Or Total Eclipse), but not that comfortable with the world/tech/characters to start. The thing that interests me with it: If you can create OCs that aren't overpowered Mary Sues, they would be welcome in the Muv-Luv Universe (mainly because anyone can be eaten).

I'll just leave you with something I worked out in my head. EDIT: Just realized there are no nukes in this universe. ninja'd.

BTW: If you don't know who "Giulio and Enrico" are:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enrico_Fermi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermi_paradox
Very nice write up.I do love the way you brought Giulio and Enrico to life (In Guilio's case, back to life? Alternate world what ifs i guess, though the contrasting viewpoint of humans and humanity is a delicate but interesting subject.)

Muv luv does leave the way open for write ups of historical characters, and what if scenarios, from WW2 to 2004. You can refer to the wikia Alternative Timeline here for a listing of events related to the MLA world for your materials. http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline

I wish you luck in your writings!

Old 2012-12-09, 12:27   Link #550
Azrulnin
Cyberspace Traveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
Guy just to let you know some one made a fan made VN base on Paul Xion fanfic....... its incredible .......
Really? Who was it? Which one?
Old 2012-12-09, 12:29   Link #551
G147

This one:
http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/User_bl...r_ABOMINATIONS

currently in demo only
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 12:40   Link #552
Azrulnin
Cyberspace Traveller

Thanks for the link comrade... Looking for it right now...

Edit: Paul Xion Fanfic is out...

Last edited by Azrulnin; 2012-12-10 at 01:57.
Azrulnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 05:58   Link #553
John117xCortana

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/66/

Yuuhi and Takeru moments are so sweet.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 08:35   Link #554
Dragonkid11
A random-man

This is a still-in-progress work for chapter 2 of my still unnamed crossover fic.Many things and errors might be gone when I started writing for real.Also take note that some part of chapter 1 will also be reworked.

Spoiler for Chapter 2(FOR REAL THIS TIME):

This is just part of chapter 2.and I think I will continue writing part of other chapter to train my skill before writing the fanfic for real.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 11:02   Link #555
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
This is a still-in-progress work for chapter 2 of my still unnamed crossover fic.Many things and errors might be gone when I started writing for real.Also take note that some part of chapter 1 will also be reworked.

Spoiler for Chapter 2(FOR REAL THIS TIME):

This is just part of chapter 2.and I think I will continue writing part of other chapter to train my skill before writing the fanfic for real.
If you don't mind me asking but where's chapter 1?
Old 2012-12-13, 21:12   Link #556
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
If you don't mind me asking but where's chapter 1?
Here
Chapter 1

Please do notice that I retconed that chapter as chapter 1.And several things have changed already,so you could only read that as a rough script for chapter 1.Also,there only part of chapter 1,not a complete full chapter.
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-20, 23:20   Link #557
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Hi Animesuki.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8314408/3/A-Cadet-s-Account

Would you say the Smile Precure quote I just added to the beginning of this fanfic adds or subtracts from the overall chapter?

inb4 ur fanfic sux because you didn't include the part about the doors.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 01:56   Link #558
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Frankly speaking, the quotes tend to detract massively. They're very jarring.

There's a certain difference between having quotes (canon or otherwise) from in-universe sources, and quotes for outside-universe sources. I direct you to Peptuck's Tiberium Wars or the quotes preceding practically every chapter in the Robotech novelisations.

Also, as with your image posts, you've gone a bit overboard on the quotes. There's really far too many there, which makes them on the whole quite jarring, and breaks the flow.

tl;dr: The quotes aren't helping any.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2012-12-21 at 02:49.
Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 09:40   Link #559
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
How about if I removed those three gibberish quotes and just kept the Smile Precure one?
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 12:05   Link #560
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

That Smile Precure quote is still jarring and doesn't fit because Smile Precure =/= Muv-Luv Alternative, and that whole "Happy Barrier is invincible!" makes absolutely zero sense outside it's own context.

It gives off a jarring sense of deranged suicidal overconfidence.

Again, whatever you're quoting has practically zero in-universe relationship to the chapter. As such, I will say again that it creates a feel that is very jarring and does not fit in.

It's like you're playing a J-Pop song and then suddenly a Rohan horn kicks in.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, harem