AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 14
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 103 45.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 58 25.89%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 19 8.48%
7 out of 10 : Good... 16 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average... 10 4.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 5 2.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 3 1.34%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.45%
1 out of 10 : Tortuous... 8 3.57%
Voters: 224. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-06-16, 19:14   Link #501
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That was the point of frying them if they were disconnected. There isn't a point of frying them just because they died. So long as no one could get into the game, those still in the game would continue thinking that they would die.
Oh.
That's true, good point.
Although the question comes: can someone join the game AFTER it became a death game? Logout was impossible, but was login possible, perhaps?

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 22:09   Link #502
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That was the point of frying them if they were disconnected. There isn't a point of frying them just because they died.
just because giving out rules but not following those rule sound dumb?

Quote:
So long as no one could get into the game, those still in the game would continue thinking that they would die.
from the game adaption plot it is possible, but those game adpation are not canon.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-28, 15:17   Link #503
chris211321
Anthony

I think that the viewer would take the resolution to this part of the series far too lightly if no one had actually died. To some degree, I would feel tricked, and be slightly less attached to the characters and the life that they spent in the game.

My favorite part of this show is how well they portray the feeling of losing time (even though at some points this is a good thing). Just think about how powerful Asuna's speach to Kirito was right before the final battle. They HAVE to keep fighting to get to the real world, where they can love each other without the assistance of virtual technology. I got a tingling feeling inside when Asuna said she'd kill herself if something happened to Kirito.

Speaking of feelings, I full on cried when Kirito hopelessly grabbed at the air after Asuna's death. The thought that he was in such a state of complete disbelief and despair that all he could do was reach out and fruitlessly try to bring her back to him... just writing this is making me tear up.
chris211321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-27, 16:37   Link #504
AnimeFangirl

Wow, I did not see these events coming... O______O I was just watching Sword Art Online like "yeah yeah yeah, they'll fight the final boss at level 100 and that will be that." Now this was truly unexpected.

But stupid Kirito and Asuna, why didn't you exchange names and email addresses or phone numbers all this time? Or would that have made too much sense?