AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-09-27, 12:40   Link #1421
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

If i could understand japanese properly i would, but since i dont i leave it upto others who can. I know enough to spot some of their insane make ups. Fact is if you release stuff and people find mistakes they're going to point it out. If you ignore them then you gain the reutation YM has. Hell did you ever see their Utawarerumono subs? That series was full of so many errors it was probably better to call it a parody than a true sub >.<

As i said earlier though, they have gotten better, but still pretty bad.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 12:41   Link #1422
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
If i could understand japanese properly i would, but since i dont i leave it upto others who can.
So how can you tell YM subs are off?
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 12:45   Link #1423
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
So how can you tell YM subs are off?
Because even my limited skills can spot some of their mistakes >.< My mate whose japanese also pointed out even more of their mistakes.

But lets not derail the topic further, this is supposed to be about the show, not comparing subs >.<
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 14:18   Link #1424
ipernorris

Quote:
Because even my limited skills can spot some of their mistakes >.< My mate whose japanese also pointed out even more of their mistakes.

But lets not derail the topic further, this is supposed to be about the show, not comparing subs >.<
Well subs related to the show anyway...
But now I hope we'll meet the Gold Tribe and hear them talk: I'm just curious!
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 16:57   Link #1425
asteron
is the unknown factor

Heh looks like I started a bit of an argument. I've actually watched several of Y-M releases and on the most part they are fine. Code Geass, Mai Otome, Zero no Tsukaima 2. All are decent.

Heroic Age seems to suffer a lot though. The kind of mistakes that Y-M makes should be spotted by basic proof-reading. I still remember this gem:

"I believe in Lekti-san, Lekti-san's body and another Lekti-san."

That should be shameful.

Considering that Y-M is practically the only group subbing this, I'm just disappointed they don't take an extra 10 minutes to clear out the obvious errors. Normally they don't have as much responsibility to put out quality HA is different since there aren't any alternative groups releasing these eps in the near future.

As for my own japanese ability, it is not quite good enough to go with the RAW but good enough that these relatively obvious errors bother me.

I don't think pointing out that 100,000 is not 1,000,000 is particularly offensive but if you feel so then I apologize.
asteron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 20:17   Link #1426
CodeName MinusOne

regarding the YM and numbering issue. there are some trivia related to it:

America and Europe use two different number systems. For example:

In Europe a "billion" means 1,000,000,000,000.
In America, a "billion" means 1,000,000,000.

Other numbering terms can also mean different things. (You can blame the French for this)

But other english speaking countries are slowly adapting the US standard.

if you want to hear a little more about it, look up "hotforwords" on youtube.

(btw - I don't know if that is the cause of YM's mistake. I'm just throwing this out there just in case.)

CodeName MinusOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 21:00   Link #1427
Pressman82

I also want to hear the Goldies speaking... About the subs, just let them be. Like was said before, they are speed fansubbers so don't expect a perfect job at the first time. I also don't know japanese and there are some expressions i understand, but well, they only give us an idea of what's happening.

Y-M, Thanks for spedd fansubbing. We know you can do it better!
Pressman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 21:16   Link #1428
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Spoiler:
LMAO that was great so if im hearing you right then...............

Spoiler for next season lol:

Loved episode 25 i always get misty eyed when hearing Heroic Age play even when i hear it on my Ipod.

But seriously bring back Age i dont care how i dont care where just do it damn it. Its not fair that everyone else including Rome Ro that DICK gets to live and Age turns to Pixie dust SCREW THAT. Return him to being human and let him live out the rest of his life painting and eating random things.
Old 2007-09-27, 22:19   Link #1429
EphemeralDream
Suigintou Fan

I wonder what's become of Rome Ro....perhaps he's now in prison with the Doofus Brothers
EphemeralDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 22:58   Link #1430
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
LMAO that was great so if im hearing you right then...............

Spoiler for next season lol:
Thank you!!

Quote:
But seriously bring back Age i dont care how i dont care where just do it damn it. Its not fair that everyone else including Rome Ro that DICK gets to live and Age turns to Pixie dust SCREW THAT. Return him to being human and let him live out the rest of his life painting and eating random things.
And don't forget being D's main squeeze!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-27, 23:39   Link #1431
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Two more things: what's the fate of Niruval troops and the Silvers? how about futo[food] on Oron?

I can't really think Heroic Age could end at 25 without these questions unanswered.
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 02:36   Link #1432
totalnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeName MinusOne View Post
regarding the YM and numbering issue. there are some trivia related to it:

America and Europe use two different number systems. For example:

In Europe a "billion" means 1,000,000,000,000.
In America, a "billion" means 1,000,000,000.
I think the problem is that Japanese have a word for 10,000(万/萬 [man]). So 100 man should be 1 millions not 100 thousands.
totalnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 03:26   Link #1433
hipeach

It's Deionarra vs. Goldies!!! I'm sure Deionarra will beat the Goldies and bring Age back to her!!!
hipeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 04:54   Link #1434
stevency
To kill or be killed?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalnet View Post
I think the problem is that Japanese have a word for 10,000(万/萬 [man]). So 100 man should be 1 millions not 100 thousands.
Allow me to sum up:

1,000,000 = 100 萬 = one million
100,000 = 10 萬 = hundred thousand
10,000 = 1 萬 = ten thousand

Get it?
stevency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-28, 08:57   Link #1435
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Anywhooo i dled ep 25 on a whim, and i loved it. Probably one of the best episodes in the series and what an ending >.< Makes me want to DL the rest and watch them all through
Ep 20-25 were very well executed, especially ep 24 & 25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream
I wonder what's become of Rome Ro....perhaps he's now in prison with the Doofus Brothers
Spoiler:
Saleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 11:33   Link #1436
HeroicWage

I get the bad feeling nobody is gonna die in the finale.

Despite being a bad dude for most of the show, Phaeto switched sides in the span of one episode and for no solid reason. (Age: You should take us to Elysion. Phaeto: Mmm Okay! Let's go!) and later (Rom, you stop being mean to that ship, you baddie! That's not nice! ) I mean, WTF?

Ioalus shot up Rom but neither of them badly hurt the other. If they were gonna kill them off, they would have done it. Rom needs to get EATEN dammit. Nodos food!

The Nodos are all on one side now. No more fighting each other.

It's starting to worry me that the end will be a Captain Planet-style ending where a dejected and sorry Rom is led off in handcuffs and everybody else goes home happy.

I bet Phaeto ends up with the twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EphemeralDream View Post
HeroicWage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 21:16   Link #1437
Joka

This show had good potential, but it never realized it.

So many paths could have been taken while still portraying the innocence of the princess. innocence of Age, and the epic battles that took plays.

Nothing really touched on the disparity that the human race faced, nothing touched on the way the Silver Race looks a life, nothing really touched on the tough decisions that the princess had to make, nothing really happened, except a lot of expected crap.

I give this show a 5/10.
Joka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 21:20   Link #1438
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joka View Post
This show had good potential, but it never realized it.

So many paths could have been taken while still portraying the innocence of the princess. innocence of Age, and the epic battles that took plays.

Nothing really touched on the disparity that the human race faced, nothing touched on the way the Silver Race looks a life, nothing really touched on the tough decisions that the princess had to make, nothing really happened, except a lot of expected crap.

I give this show a 5/10.
I give it a 7/10 just not for sucking yes it could be better but not many can be because its watered down for TV.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 21:31   Link #1439
hamstar
just passing by

this show just sucks period.
Old 2007-09-29, 21:34   Link #1440
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
this show just sucks period.
Please gundam seed or DMC was worse...