Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-13, 18:49   Link #41
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
They can only dive down, as long as those mangrove trees exist, that allow ships to be coated. Without these trees, fishman island would be unreachable for normal humans.
And with the help of sea kings it should be possible to destroy all of those trees.

Even if the mangroves were done away with, that wouldn't exactly stop the government from eventually coming up with some new method of travelling to the ocean's deepest depths (they DO have Vegapunk on their side, after all), so I rather doubt that changes the merfolks' situation.

And as for why the sea kings don't destroy the mangroves.... I dunno, maybe they just hate the taste of bubble trees or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, his design also makes me hope this arc is longer than I originally thought. We now have 4 seemingly compotent forces working toward their own goals (The Neptune royalty; the New Fishman Pirates; Van der Decken; and the Strawhats), which could boil over into something very interesting.

Indeed, these factions certainly could shape up the storyline into something grand. In fact, may I be so bold as to suggest that we may have a possible fifth force to add to this equation with Big Mom? After all, there's a very good possibility that she has an ulterior motive behind claiming MI as her territory that goes well beyond satisfying her sweet tooth......
Old 2011-01-13, 22:00   Link #42
sanzo
33million Humming Brook

and dont forget the fifth force, the new over a hundred million rookie logia guy(forgot his name). you know how i can tell this is gonna be a kick ass arc? the way oda just did this chapter. he gave us lots of info and lots of things to think about and lots of different people strong people for the strawhats will be contending with. this is his way of starting off epic arcs.
Old 2011-01-14, 00:54   Link #43
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Does Sanji know that the Okama managed to get some part of them into him? And that he now has okama blood

The Octo swordsman is obviously strong. Discounting the character design, managing to dodge gear 2 and apparently without much effort indicates at least competence. Managing to hit and poison luffy in that exchange means he is at least near Luffy's level otherwise luffy shouldn't have been hit in a combat situation so easily.

One worrying thing is the use of poisons. Previously poison was only used in special occasions like Crocodile and Magellan. If poison could be used so "casually", it means that all the strawhats need to be very careful or find someway to be immune/resistant as well.

By the way, does Luffy's poison resistance mean he is now an auto win against Magallen?
Old 2011-01-14, 00:55   Link #44
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 610
That was a pretty good chapter. More on one of the 4 emperors, and a prediction about luffy. I wonder if Luffy will run into Big Mama. I am pretty sure Big mama wouldn't mind meeting luffy. That would be crazy if she took sole protection of Fisherman Island just to meet or keep an eye on Luffy. If she is the business women that the manga describe Big Mama is. Then she will be looking out for future investment opportunities or competition. This arch could be a test for luffy set up by Big Mama to see how powerful luffy is. I would not be surprised if she keeping an eye on the situation right now.
Old 2011-01-14, 09:07   Link #45
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Except I'm sure someone would've noticed there being 2 Yonkous at Marineford.
I'm not saying that the woman in that page is Big Mom. Lola's mom might might simply be a very strong pirate, but not as strong as Big Mom.

Also, that link got taken down? Sorry if it is against the rules to post links to manga websites here...
Old 2011-01-14, 12:25   Link #46
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanzo View Post
and dont forget the fifth force, the new over a hundred million rookie logia guy(forgot his name).

Boy, do I feel silly for nearly forgetting about Caribou! However..... he may not actually have that much of an impact on the storyline. I mean, if even the "weaker" Straw-Hats only saw him as a minor threat despite him being a Logia-wielding supernova......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
By the way, does Luffy's poison resistance mean he is now an auto win against Magallen?

Not necessarily. He may have greater resistance to poison now, but that doesn't exactly mean he's completely immune (I guess you can sorta think of Luffy as a human mongoose in that sense). He was at least fortunate that Magellan infected him with a wide variety of poisons, rather than one specific dose......
Old 2011-01-14, 12:54   Link #47
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Boy, do I feel silly for nearly forgetting about Caribou! However..... he may not actually have that much of an impact on the storyline. I mean, if even the "weaker" Straw-Hats only saw him as a minor threat despite him being a Logia-wielding supernova......
Actually they don't know that he's a supernova
Though yes i do not expect much of anything from him... he's pretty soundly a comic-relief villian at this point. All his villiany will just end up amounting to the butt of jokes
Old 2011-01-14, 13:39   Link #48
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

Not necessarily. He may have greater resistance to poison now, but that doesn't exactly mean he's completely immune (I guess you can sorta think of Luffy as a human mongoose in that sense). He was at least fortunate that Magellan infected him with a wide variety of poisons, rather than one specific dose......
true, but I tink magellan did all sorts of poisons to him so most of his poisons may not work. And Chopper did say that poison he got was some very deadly poison.

Just a random thought. Interestingly, both enemies that almost killed Luffy and soundly defeated him (crocodile and magellan) were poison users and now he is resistant/immune.
Old 2011-01-14, 13:51   Link #49
ZeroForever

anyone else thinking the light source might be due to the Tree's as such while coating does allow humans to reach the island without the trees the island is doomed. Not to mention the island is engulfed in 2 huge layers of coating.
Old 2011-01-14, 13:52   Link #50
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
Just a random thought. Interestingly, both enemies that almost killed Luffy and soundly defeated him (crocodile and magellan) were poison users and now he is resistant/immune.

^Both? You make it sound like there's only been two. Every major boss fight Luffy's been through, he narrowly wins from a near death situation. That's shounen for ya.
Old 2011-01-14, 16:59   Link #51
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Though sometimes he doesn't even win in the first place. Either the opponent shows mercy (Aokiji) or Luffy had to run away. (Kuma)

Sure he's beaten mostly every foe he's faced so far, but recently it's been shown that he was still a pretty mid-level pirate until now.
Old 2011-01-14, 20:25   Link #52
PunisherCRO
White Ghost of Akina

Send a message via MSN to PunisherCRO
this chapter was awesome, madam shirley is awesomely hot, and i just love it how sanji is so gonna die not from the wounds from battles but from nosebleeding and great ammount of blood that he loses on a daily basis XD And i'm so not surprised with shirleys prediction that fishmen islad is going to be destroyed by luffys hand just because he's a walking trouble wherever he goes
Old 2011-01-14, 21:04   Link #53
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Every major boss fight Luffy's been through, he narrowly wins from a near death situation. That's shounen for ya.
Not the East Blue ones...
Old 2011-01-14, 21:08   Link #54
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Not the East Blue ones...
Those don't really count as "major" (and Don Krieg knocked Luffy out and was still willing to fight until Gin had to knock Krieg out)...
Old 2011-01-15, 05:42   Link #55
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Yeah i think the whole 'destroy' thing is either up to interpretation or a cloned evil luffy is gonna show up.
Old 2011-01-15, 06:55   Link #56
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Yeah i think the whole 'destroy' thing is either up to interpretation or a cloned evil luffy is gonna show up.
Why is everyone missing the fact that Van der Decken wears a ripped straw hat
Old 2011-01-15, 08:01   Link #57
Aesthetic Shampoo

Turns out there was a translation error and the straw hat wasn't ripped.
Old 2011-01-15, 15:22   Link #58
marvelB

^Yeah, I looked into that, and that does indeed seem to be the case. Sadly, this isn't the first of Mangastream's blunders (I still remember when they failed to mention Shanks possessing Haoushoku Haki.....). Nonetheless, that doesn't really change the fact that we see Van der Decken wearing a straw-hat on his bounty poster (and thus will probably be responsible for the island's destruction)......

BTW, since it looks like Hyouzou is indeed the strongest mer-swordsman that Hachi alluded to back in the Arlong arc, I wonder if Maple Reed will turn out to be the Mermaid Princess?
Old 2011-01-15, 19:29   Link #59
hero147

I smell a Zoro match-up. =D
Old 2011-01-15, 20:58   Link #60
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Spoiler for Possible Scenario:
Closed Thread