AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-11-29, 09:02   Link #48821
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well' it's official: Someone actually let Ichika defeat Cecilia without an IS!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9807318/3/New-and-Improved
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 09:08   Link #48822
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
That is just crazy, Age. Or better, making the Avatar a Lesbian and falls in love with Byakushiki, not Ichika!

Anyway, how much control over the ship could an Avatar has?
The entire structure of her ship + (sending instruction to) other ships (about a small Flotilla)

The Avatar is actually compose of multiple cores working as one (think of organs) so they she is actually capable of multiple tasking.

Also, it is not just one Avatar, it is actually a crew of similar looking girls....With the captain of the ship as the main Avatar.

=

Weapon-wise, against IS, homing torpedo and missiles is the norm. Most of their high-tech weapons are generally too slow against IS but powerful enough to obliterate an entire fleet of aircraft carriers along with their aircrafts.
Old 2013-11-29, 09:18   Link #48823
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

The March of Moe Emotionless Albino Girls...

Not a bad thing, unless the girls are Yandere...

By the way, does it have some Aircraft Carriers? Itching for a Dogfight.

By the way, have anyone try to write about Sports? I just have realized that it's even harder than Battle.
Old 2013-11-29, 10:57   Link #48824
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Actually, scratch my earlier theory for Charl having a Zaku. This might fit better:

It ticks all of the boxes: High-end machine custom-built witht he latest weapons and specs, a match for current-gen mecha, and piloted by "Charles".

"Beware, beware my friend. For the angelic smile and helping hand. Those hallmarks of a kind person are the masks of a devil in disguise..."
Nah

Tieren Alteisen custom more likely
Old 2013-11-29, 20:32   Link #48825
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
The March of Moe Emotionless Albino Girls...

Not a bad thing, unless the girls are Yandere...

By the way, does it have some Aircraft Carriers? Itching for a Dogfight.

By the way, have anyone try to write about Sports? I just have realized that it's even harder than Battle.
It is more like

March of Moe Emotionless 100% identical Albino clone Girls

Destructive, yes
Yandere.....may be...

I mean introducing yourself as friendly unit by bombarding military base is not exactly the right way to go even if you are trying to show off your capability.

=

Of course...They are still ultimately still naval ships, sending aircrafts against IS is more effective than trying to dodge them (big ship, can't dodge very well, their best option is usually dive and escape)

But the Aircrafts has limited fuel and ammo so they need to be resupply once in a while.

People probably sh*t their panties when the ISes seems to winning when they suddenly read:

[Carrier Online.]
Old 2013-11-29, 21:11   Link #48826
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Yes, yes they will.

But have been thinking: How would an Anti-IS Aircraft look alike? They have to be aigle enough, having much more turrets and missles to counter IS's 360-degree bombardment. Not to mention the durability of the armor. If they are drones, the armor would be pretty much lighter than normal.
Old 2013-11-30, 00:10   Link #48827
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Yes, yes they will.

But have been thinking: How would an Anti-IS Aircraft look alike? They have to be aigle enough, having much more turrets and missles to counter IS's 360-degree bombardment. Not to mention the durability of the armor. If they are drones, the armor would be pretty much lighter than normal.
For Galleion,
They are just mostly normal plane that can float and 360 degree around. Most of their weapons are similar to modern day weapon with the capability of damaging IS....

Alternatively, they are just floating sphere that can attack all direction.

Sounds simple? Yea... its the boring but practical thing.

Like I mentioned before: Didn't realize naval battle can be interesting... as in unlike usual spaceship battle, there is no laser weapon so it is going to a while to confirm whether your torpedo hit or miss the target.

=

Anti-IS aircraft need to be fast and have full freedom of movement. If you know how modern plane work, it is actually practically impossible for a jet fighter to turn around on the spot.

Having tough armor and more missile means heavier plane could translated to slower plane though. Not to mention, increase in expense means it is impractical for long term deployment.

Drones can be smaller in size which means they have smaller mass and harder to hit especially if they are fast (try batting a fly). (Victory Gundam did mention that having larger mass can actually a disadvantage). Not to mention, probably cheaper to deploy than sending actual pilots.

Trade off is: If it is smaller, it has less armaments and its operation time will suffer.
Old 2013-11-30, 00:23   Link #48828
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Just as expected! But where did the Boss Ship get hand on the materials? Sinking and Salvaging from the cargo ships, or black market through Avatars?
Old 2013-11-30, 01:09   Link #48829
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Just as expected! But where did the Boss Ship get hand on the materials? Sinking and Salvaging from the cargo ships, or black market through Avatars?
Usually from sinking and salvaging from ships.

It is easier to do that on the sea since they can process the material on the spot than going on land, carrying the material back to ship for process.

Due to various electronic noises on continents, there is a limit to how far Galleion can send and control a unit on land which is why they are mostly (and technically) sea-bounded.

Even if they go on land, the Avatars don't do trade, they pilfer or funsai destroy and savage from the ruins.

The whole point of having an Avatars seems to be moot considering how they "negotiate".

=

Personality-wise, the Avatars are cruelly innocent and have the intellect of children, which is why tactics works well on them... (the only problem is acquiring the right weapons to deal with them)

Bombarding a military base is considered as playing, (like throwing snowball) since they only used their weakest weapons....

Thankfully, due to their morality programming, they are less destructive when using their avatar, they practice a no-kill policy, so they wouldn't point a gun and shoot you but...

Death via Collateral damage is fine with them, and destroying a ship filled with people is considered as collateral damages to them.... since they only targeted the ship rather than the people inside it.
Old 2013-11-30, 06:36   Link #48830
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Got the time to watch Ep 9.

So... what was that about Cores being indestructible again?
Old 2013-11-30, 07:39   Link #48831
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Got the time to watch Ep 9.

So... what was that about Cores being indestructible again?
Who said that?

All we know is they're very hard to destroy due to special material it's built from, Ichika even did it on accident.
Old 2013-11-30, 08:56   Link #48832
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Seemed pretty easy the way it's depicted. Guess it isn't an accident no more if it's considered legitimate strategy.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:13   Link #48833
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Seemed pretty easy the way it's depicted. Guess it isn't an accident no more if it's considered legitimate strategy.
Not in the novel at least

The anime did a rush job again, I'm itching to give bad score just from the preview of next episode alone.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:23   Link #48834
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

At least more Cecilia. Hip Hip Horray!

All most complete "On the Field of Blue Roses", thank lord! But I wonder why I always have a knack for long names?

By the ways, has anyone try their luck with Kanzashi? Just thinking of how would a Sarashiki family reunion be? Quite disastrous?
Old 2013-11-30, 09:26   Link #48835
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
At least more Cecilia. Hip Hip Horray!

All most complete "On the Field of Blue Roses", thank lord! But I wonder why I always have a knack for long names?

By the ways, has anyone try their luck with Kanzashi? Just thinking of how would a Sarashiki family reunion be? Quite disastrous?
Kanashi is not exactly a very expressive person so it would be a little hard to write.

With her only quirks as Otaku, I seriously think she is only mentally sane girl in the whole series
Old 2013-11-30, 09:35   Link #48836
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Then I might use her as the POV.

By the way, Age, you have Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, Submarines, Carriers. But what about Hovercrafts? I reliased that PIC is ideal for these thing.
Old 2013-11-30, 09:54   Link #48837
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Not in the novel at least

The anime did a rush job again, I'm itching to give bad score just from the preview of next episode alone.
What a shame... Now it's going to give more non-novel-reading fanfic writers the wrong ideas again
Old 2013-11-30, 09:59   Link #48838
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Then I might use her as the POV.

By the way, Age, you have Corvettes, Frigates, Destroyers, Submarines, Carriers. But what about Hovercrafts? I reliased that PIC is ideal for these thing.
Never thought of that... might that it into consideration.

Probably their first step to attack land targets..... getting out of the sea.
Old 2013-11-30, 10:05   Link #48839
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

The Fallen Sakura Petal= Ichika+Humour-Denseness+Devotion-Infinite Stratos+Samurai

Mirrorverse=Ichikax2+Willpower-Ignorance-Crushes+(Badass+Infinte Stratos)

Gunpla=?

By the way, Age, any other new from Nemo side?
Old 2013-11-30, 11:14   Link #48840
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Having another idea for the Orimuras: Ichika travel to Osaka with Dan, and Chifuyu decided to drop all of her chores on the girls. In the process, they found an old album book, and everyone sit down for an old mother's tale of how cute Ichika was when he was 7...

- Chifuyu: DID YOU JUST CALL ME OLD?

- Wah, forgive me! I square to make clear the superior possesstion of you to Ichika!

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest