AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-09, 21:52   Link #61
grecefar

Sorry but hoshino looked like the most stupid character ever. I mean it was the most obvious trap ever and it she even look worse now after they wanted us to believe that she was such a big deal knowing what's going on about everything. Why is she one of the most popular character again?, only the design must be. Did she believe that even if they gave up abydoss region the girls would be happy to be rid of the debt?, Did she at least read the contract that was in the table?, hell she even knew kaiser owned all the areas around abydoss school, she did believe it was going to be ok even if the school debt was over?

unless hoshino is acting or is planning to destroy them from the inside she would be the most stupid character ever, acomplishing absolute nothing and the cherry on the top she needs to be saved?, isn't she like one of the strongest?

Last edited by grecefar; 2024-06-09 at 22:08.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-10, 17:38   Link #62
The Green One

They've been trying to get ahold of Hoshino for awhile but she wasn't budging. They've been running on the endless treadmill of debt without getting anywhere, they found out their money is being used to fund attacks on them, and when investigating what Kaiser has been up to they get slapped in the face with the retaliation that their interest on their debt is being cranked up to the max.

In other words cranked up to a level that's impossible for them to pay. She felt trapped and desperate. If all choices she saw looked to lead to inevitable disaster, the option to save the others by sacrificing herself to Kaiser might seem real tempting at that point. Of course they never intended to keep that deal and lied to her, but you're forgetting she's a desperate kid in way over her head.

Calling her stupid is excessive. It was a foolish decision, but they've been preying on her for a long time now, and being saddled by crippling debt that seems to have no end can do some bad things to you.
Old 2024-06-11, 07:43   Link #63
The Green One

Well anyway....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2024-06-16, 12:23   Link #64
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I feel like they've been waiting to unleash an episode like this. Need Sensei to take action and get some things done? Got that. Some hilarious moments that seemed uncertain to see animated? Iori can attest to them not holding back . This one had a lot of fun moments and truly set up what should be a good rescue mission to get Hoshino back.

Also wow. Sensei works fast! He had to get down, take off Iori's boot, and get to work within a couple seconds. Man was waiting for this opportunity ! Though I think Hina's reaction when realizing what was going on was truly the best part.

Episode was a good source of cute cameos too. Some won't be paid off for a while (even if the adaptations keep coming) but good to set those appearances up early. The Trinity ones were fun.

No one outright gave the ok, but in most cases things should be fine. Especially on the Gehenna side. PS68 will certainly make a move in some way. And I'm sure Hina will do what she can to make up for the previous incident. Trinity is a bit hard to gauge since we only just met Nagisa here, but at the very least she doesn't seem to like Kaiser either so you never know.
Old 2024-06-16, 20:29   Link #65
grecefar

finally sensei becomes the mvp of a chapter.

it seems this is going to be war, trinity and problem solver 68 are thinking about it and while gehenna didn't say anything I think is the same boat so I expect all kind of girls fighting in the next chapter helping abydoss.
Old 2024-06-16, 20:34   Link #66
The Green One

Well this was no doubt the episode that players of the game were waiting for. For both scenes indeed. Iori played herself....

Several cameos from characters for upcoming volumes, assuming this series gets a season 2, which honestly I'd be surprised to see it.
Old 2024-06-17, 13:19   Link #67
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quentin Tarantino would have done it too.
Old 2024-06-23, 15:42   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I needed this episode! Thank you for Blue Archive!

That was good. Just the group charging in there and a whole episode of just washing over these robots like a tidal wave of bullets and explosions! Kaiser was just utterly wrecked on this one and I love it. There wasn't much for Trinity to do here since they were just firing artillery from super long range. Faust did her part to represent them, but this was mostly about Gehenna backing them up .

That was good stuff too. I was a bit worried that they'd just have Hina look over things like a badass and not actually do anything herself. But thankfully she did fly on down and wreck mechs on her way. Wasn't exactly much for her to flex her skills against, but it was still nice.

Just pure satisfaction in seeing Kaiser utterly get overwhelmed and seeing things steadily go to hell for them. Handling Abydos alone was a headache, but then the other forces moved in and it became an utterly unwinnable situation. The Director losing his mind the whole time . Not so cocky now!

A good amount of time just hammering home how awful Hoshino felt during all this. Her guilt and regrets just piling up into a mountain. There was nothing for her to do than regret and worry. But in the end she was bailed out and didn't have to pay everything for a bad choice. Lot of good reveals as well. Including that Shiroko was found without any sort of memories by Hoshino and Nonomi. Doesn't matter in the moment, but it's an interesting detail for the future.

Obviously not all that much is really resolved. They just got out of a terrible situation that hit them right near the end. The debt, land issue, and everything else is still a huge pain. But this at least got Hoshino back and they can worry about the rest as they go.

I don't know how good this was for anyone else. But I had a blast. I really love where Blue Archive goes from here, but I still thought this was a solid start for the story. And the animation did a nice job tapping into that. Even got a bit more background on certain character than I expected to see here.

It's just nice that they didn't drop the ball. If they want to they can keep rolling out seasons for years to come with the amount of story that is out there to adapt. I'll go a bit high and throw an 8/10 for this. It gave me what I wanted .
Old 2024-06-24, 03:42   Link #69
DolFunDolphinVtuber

Putting a paper bag over your head an calling yourself Faust, someone is a fan of Guilty Gear.
6/10 Anime was fine. I do enjoy playing Yostar's games.
DolFunDolphinVtuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-24, 17:07   Link #70
grecefar

for me it was a nice 7/10. Nothing too special, there had some good moments here and there, I liked some of the girls too.

I doubt it will get another season but if it does, I hope sensei will move to another school to see a new group of girls, abydoss group wasn't that special, pretty bland to me.
Old 2024-06-25, 00:02   Link #71
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

To be fair 7-7.5/10 is a fair rating for the series because honestly Arc 1 is like this.

Ignore casuals and tourists about the game, most skipped the story and have no idea that Sensei only steps up as the main character right on Arc 3. In arc 2 he is a side character for most of the story, about the first half. So take in mind that you'll find most misleading posts about the story regarding sensei.
Old 2024-06-25, 13:42   Link #72
The Green One

The anime was fun, but that was primarily because I'm a fan of the game and play it. There's no arguing that from a game player's standpoint, Volume 1, which this anime covered, is the weakest volume narrativewise. Which sadly is likely going to kill the chances of a series 2. Which is a crying shame. Volume 2 has a fun story with a wider variety of characters, and Volume 3 has a large increase in narrative quality.

Part of why Volume 1 struggles is that you have such a tiny main cast.
Old 2024-07-01, 09:20   Link #73
EroKing

Images
Megami
Old Yesterday, 15:20   Link #74
EroKing

Images
Megami