AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-08-20, 12:40   Link #181
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And I could easily see the story killing him off. A lesson for Angelo on what the cost for his revenge will be.
'Course, the question is: Will Angelo care?

The way he's been treating Corteo; while it looks like Angelo cares about Corteo, the impression given is that Corteo is a valuable asset that he's milking for all its worth.

The twist I see is that Corteo betrays Angelo, for fear of his own life or otherwise.
Old 2016-08-20, 14:54   Link #182
Budweineken
Crap

Just watched the latest episode, and it was awesome. This is precisely why I started watching this series, I expected to see more events like this. Just great.

Finally we see Angelo really scheming instead of floundering around.

Loved the last line as well.

I honestly didn't care for making Frate a drug addict though. I think it would've worked better without it.
Old 2016-08-20, 16:42   Link #183
BPD Renegade

Really enjoyed this episode. Angelo played everyone like a fiddle. Man, Avilio saying he would introduce Nero to his brother soon was a definite highlight for me, even if it might be a mistake on his part. I may be mistaken, but didn't he deny having any family during their roadtrip episode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken View Post
I honestly didn't care for making Frate a drug addict though. I think it would've worked better without it.
What's an easier way to control someone than getting him addicted to drugs? I thought it was a nice touch to show how out of his depth he was and how little self-control he had. The drug addiction and alcoholism explains his constant tension, dependence on Ronaldo, and why his eyes kept getting worse every episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeviouses View Post
BTW, what do those flowers represent?
A quick google search of tiger lilies gives "courage and belligerent nature of women" as well as "passion" for orange ones. Apparently, in general, lilies reflect "qualities of mercy, compassion, kindness and unconditional love." Ironic, yet apt if it's true.
Edit: Whoops, my bad. Went back and checked the scene again. Those aren't tiger lilies. It looks like they're orange lilies, which symbolize hatred.

Last edited by BPD Renegade; 2016-08-20 at 16:55.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 16:56   Link #184
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Angelo, you stone cold motherfucker. This story did one hell of a job lulling us into thinking that Angelo was going soft only to ram us with such clinical brutality. Great stuff.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 17:47   Link #185
AC-Phoenix
Detective

And there goes my favorite Side char off to... Chicago? bye Fio :/
Not sure if she was really sorry about killing Ronaldo though. She didn't really seem to be happy about being with him from the very beginning.

Angelo nicely manipulated her into accepting his twisted truth though right before she left
Hope she doesn't die now that the Vanettis will inevitably fight the Galassias at some point.

I am just unsure how to take her expression when Angelo spoke to her at the end. The most epic plottwist of all wopuld be her being the 4th person

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 20:59   Link #186
grecefar

man I was praying in all the chapter to someone to kill ronaldo and I yell like a fangirl when they did it and even better it was fio, this serie is getting epic.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-20, 22:29   Link #187
Budweineken
Crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
man I was praying in all the chapter to someone to kill ronaldo and I yell like a fangirl when they did it and even better it was fio, this serie is getting epic.
I'm not sure how they're going to top this episode in all honesty.
Old 2016-08-21, 00:09   Link #188
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budweineken View Post
I'm not sure how they're going to top this episode in all honesty.
Fio killing Don Galassia for turning her Brother into a Drug addict?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-08-21, 09:31   Link #189
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Angelo, you stone cold motherfucker. This story did one hell of a job lulling us into thinking that Angelo was going soft only to ram us with such clinical brutality. Great stuff.
Images
Angelo you bastard
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-22, 01:12   Link #190
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Images
Angelo you bastard
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

When he said that line I had to stop the video.

Angelo you really are a rat bastard, but I can't say I dislike you.
Old 2016-08-22, 10:10   Link #191
ccesarano

I'm gonna be honest, I loved the opening of this episode. Opening with Fio and Ronaldo on separate sides of the bed communicates their feelings towards each other and the marriage, as well as telegraphing the rift that will follow throughout the episode. When the "camera" shifts downward, it's not Fio's face in the frame, but her abdomen. As soon as we saw that I knew she was pregnant.

Man, so good.

Someone earlier asked what was in the note to Fio. My guess: "There's a pistol in the bouquet".

Finally, is this a half-cour? Normally I don't mind half-cours, as they allow better pacing most of the time and trimming the fat out of a series. In this case, though, as much as I liked this episode, I really would have preferred these events have more room to breath. I would have liked to see the relationship between Ronaldo and Frate develop. To see him encourage him to try drugs, telegraphing the beginning of manipulating the kid into dependency. For there to be an aftermath, of Frate dealing with withdraw. It felt like so much happened in just this episode that there was no room to breath.

I think that's a good critique to have, though. "It's good, but more would be better" is basically a #firstworldproblems thing to have.
Old 2016-08-23, 01:35   Link #192
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Half cour? Aren't we past 6 episodes already?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-23, 11:12   Link #193
ccesarano

*Slaps self in the forehead.*

My bad. Still adapting to the terminology and was translating "cour" as "season", and since most of my life one season has been 23-26 episodes I thought of a half-cour as thirteen.

Looked it up and it's more accurate to say cour is a quarter, as in 1/4 the year, so 13 episodes.

So to correct myself: would have preferred two cours (maybe next time I'll just stick with my English terminology :P ).
Old 2016-08-24, 03:27   Link #194
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccesarano View Post
*Slaps self in the forehead.*

My bad. Still adapting to the terminology and was translating "cour" as "season", and since most of my life one season has been 23-26 episodes I thought of a half-cour as thirteen.

Looked it up and it's more accurate to say cour is a quarter, as in 1/4 the year, so 13 episodes.

So to correct myself: would have preferred two cours (maybe next time I'll just stick with my English terminology :P ).
Well, if you'd said "half-season", you'd have created just as much confusion, since one cour is one season for Japanese programming. Most anime don't run any longer than that, and a lot of the ones which do have a cour or two in between releases. They even roughly correspond to the actual seasons (starting at the beginning of the next month after each solstice/equinox).
Old 2016-08-24, 22:06   Link #195
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Well, if you'd said "half-season", you'd have created just as much confusion, since one cour is one season for Japanese programming. Most anime don't run any longer than that, and a lot of the ones which do have a cour or two in between releases. They even roughly correspond to the actual seasons (starting at the beginning of the next month after each solstice/equinox).
And don't forget about long-running series! How long is a season in Naruto or One Piece? The length changes every "season."
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-25, 04:05   Link #196
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
And don't forget about long-running series! How long is a season in Naruto or One Piece? The length changes every "season."
Longer series don't have seasons, per se. At least not in the same way. The confusion comes in because those series don't necessarily line their arcs up by the turn of the season, however, they are usually split up by arcs when released on DVD/BD, especially here in the States. If the arcs aren't the same length, then the different "seasons" won't be either.

That said, when those series do eventually come to an end, they usually end at the end of a season (usually). So in those cases, they could be said to have lasted for x seasons.
Old 2016-08-25, 05:07   Link #197
James Rye

Just saw episode 7, damn, that was a lot of death going on. Ronaldo killed by Fio, Frate by Nero and poor loyal Volpe was sacrificed by Angelo to fan the flames between the brothers. And then that ending after the ED, daaaaaaaaaaaamn Angelo is such an amazing bastard! Dude's playing with the Vanettis like puppets!
Old 2016-08-25, 05:15   Link #198
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Just saw episode 7, damn, that was a lot of death going on. Ronaldo killed by Fio, Frate by Nero and poor loyal Volpe was sacrificed by Angelo to fan the flames between the brothers. And then that ending after the ED, daaaaaaaaaaaamn Angelo is such an amazing bastard! Dude's playing with the Vanettis like puppets!
Until they reveal that there hs never been a 3rd person but Nero was the one sending the note.
Or that the one sending the Note was actually Fio

Old 2016-08-26, 04:53   Link #199
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

According to CR, this week's episode is a recap orz.

Haven't seen that happen with a single cour show since God Eater, I think? I hope that doesn't mean they have production problems.
Old 2016-08-26, 07:06   Link #200
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
According to CR, this week's episode is a recap orz.

Haven't seen that happen with a single cour show since God Eater, I think? I hope that doesn't mean they have production problems.
Recap episodes, urgh.

On the other hand, maybe it will be told from another character's point of view. It will provide some nice insight to their thoughts regarding the Vanetti-Galassia feud, Nero's exile and Angelo/Avilio.

Tags
crime, drama