AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-12-21, 13:03   Link #1061
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

More later
Old 2012-12-21, 13:41   Link #1062
Solafighter
Hige

Really beautiful. I have seen shirakawago in august and its interesting to see it a half year later, with snow. Looking forward to more photos.
Old 2012-12-21, 18:14   Link #1063
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
@Cosmic_Eagle: Dude! how the f*ck can you visit these remote places... it is both expensive and time-consuming, those little villages in the J-Alps are really hard to reach

Anyway, more crappy photos, since I returned to Tokyo, after a 12-day tour in Kansai and Chubu... click the images for the whole albums (50-100)... so:

Best thing about Japan thus far is smoking thank all kami and buddhas that here they are not as hypochondriac as in Europe

Osaka was OK, not a lot of interesting sites to visit, but a lot of places to get out, shop, and locals are really friendly and cool.

Now Takahashi, I already mentioned being bloody difficult to climb, still really beautiful.

Koya-san (the headquarters of shingon J-buddhist sect, and start of the 88 temple pilgrimage, which I will do in a few months, despite atheism et.al) was also amazing, particularly particularly because of winter. Oh! and despite the snow, it's not at all that cold.

Now moving on to Kyoto (the imperial capital for almost a millenium), it was filled with beautiful temples, shrines and gardens. Thankfully, even in December we could catch a glimpse of the famous autumn colours. Unfortunately though, we could only visit Nijo palace, the imperial park, Gion, Silver and Golden pavilions, Shosei garden (best one, I have seen this far), east and west hongaku temples, the north temple and its impressive pagoda, and finally Fushimi Inari head-shrine, which was just not of this world

I definitely going back to some in spring, and visit the rest of sites in my list (like Kiyomizu and Hono temples among others). Oh! and be sure to spend at least one night in ING bar, the owner Hako-san is a really fun person to talk with, and the clients interesting to talk with, whether locals or expats

... anyway, "to be continued" with Hikone, Ise, Nagoya, Inuyama, Gifu, and Matsumoto

PS: imgur also seems to brainf*rting

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-12-21 at 18:54.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-21, 20:46   Link #1064
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

@Malkuth...perks of a school exchange....you get funding

Also...use imageshack...I use IE as my main browser and to upload the pics, then use Firefox's no script to bypass the registration.
Old 2012-12-23, 10:35   Link #1065
Mokoko
Young Aspergus Eater

Wow... This is wonderful. You're lucky to visit this beautiful country !

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Mokoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 10:44   Link #1066
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
@Malkuth...perks of a school exchange....you get funding

Also...use imageshack...I use IE as my main browser and to upload the pics, then use Firefox's no script to bypass the registration.
Well, stop using crappy browsers like IE... otherwise, you lucky students, that your governments pays for your vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokoko View Post
Wow... This is wonderful. You're lucky to visit this beautiful country !
Indeed, I begun considering how to move here in a more semi-permanent basis

1) get married
2) become a monk
3) get a day-job... again
Old 2012-12-23, 13:09   Link #1067
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Never...FF may be useful for certain things but I don't use it as well or comfortably overall as IE.

More Shirakawa-Go

Images
Old 2012-12-23, 13:11   Link #1068
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

may i ask what camera did you use

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-23, 13:51   Link #1069
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Fujifilm Finepix S1500

It's not a DSLR.

Blurring is caused by melted snow BTW...can't be helped since it doesn't have a lens protector
Old 2012-12-23, 19:50   Link #1070
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Never...FF may be useful for certain things but I don't use it as well or comfortably overall as IE.

More Shirakawa-Go

Images
The Japanese Alps are really beautiful in winter, but also really remote to visit... an alternative is to ride the Shinano Express, from Nagoya to Nagano.
Old 2012-12-23, 20:46   Link #1071
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yeah, we bypassed the lines on the way to the place. If you travelled on your own, yeah, transport would be the greatest trouble unless you maybe...rent a car or something.
Old 2012-12-23, 22:28   Link #1072
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@CE and Malkuth
Great pictures...
Makes me wanna go back there again...
Never had a chance to visit remote regions of Japan.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-24, 05:26   Link #1073
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
@CE and Malkuth
Great pictures...
Makes me wanna go back there again...
Never had a chance to visit remote regions of Japan.
I haven't been anywhere remote yet... I wait for spring weather and being alone so I can pace the hikes in Kyuushu, Shikoku and Chuugoku better.
Old 2012-12-24, 08:42   Link #1074
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Images

Next uploads will be of Tokyo
Old 2012-12-26, 10:32   Link #1075
Kirarakim

Got back on Dec 24th.....Depression!

Sometimes I am ready to go home after a trip but I was not ready to leave Japan. I wish I had more time. I am going to miss how clean everything was, how efficient public transport is, and how extremely helpful everyone is.

People seriously went out of their way to help me even when we couldn't understand each other verbally. It's a truly great country and I know I am blessed to say I was able to go there twice (and I do plan to go again one day).

Although I was still not able to see everything I wanted I was lucky to see a few more places this time: Instead of just Tokyo and Kyoto I also went to Otsu City, Kamakura, and Enoshima.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. Although I don't think my camera is a nice as Malkuth's.
Old 2012-12-26, 17:07   Link #1076
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Images
How long did you stay in Hinamizawa

Quote:
Next uploads will be of Tokyo
I should also start uploading the Nagoya and Tokyo photos too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Got back on Dec 24th.....Depression!

Sometimes I am ready to go home after a trip but I was not ready to leave Japan. I wish I had more time. I am going to miss how clean everything was, how efficient public transport is, and how extremely helpful everyone is.

People seriously went out of their way to help me even when we couldn't understand each other verbally. It's a truly great country and I know I am blessed to say I was able to go there twice (and I do plan to go again one day).
That also impressed me too, I mean people in Germany and Greece are very helpful too, but not as much as the Japanese... unfortunately, I can not say the same for English and French, particularly if one can not speak their language... thankfully, there are a lot of exception.

Quote:
Although I was still not able to see everything I wanted I was lucky to see a few more places this time: Instead of just Tokyo and Kyoto I also went to Otsu City, Kamakura, and Enoshima.
Otsu and Hiei Mountain, I skipped in favour of more temples and shrines in Kyoto. Enoshima, I hope I will have time to visit today, after Kamakura, but since I live close by now, it shouldn't be a problem to go later this month.

Quote:
I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. Although I don't think my camera is a nice as Malkuth's.
I use an ancient iPhone 3 (not even 3G or 3GS) camera
Old 2012-12-26, 17:13   Link #1077
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

You guys really should buy new camera.

No offense thought. you guys still get good picture and I appreciate your effort

Old 2012-12-26, 17:22   Link #1078
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
You guys really should buy new camera.

No offense thought. you guys still get good picture and I appreciate your effort

However good the camera is, it still can not capture how magnificent some places look in real life. I am saying this based on comparing mine with a friend's photos, who used a semi-pro camera. Drawings would be better, but unfortunately they take too much time, and are capturing a more personal impression.

Photos for me, are just an aid to remember certain events and places, and can help others to understand what I am taking about. There is no way though to capture the whole experience... size/scale, perspective, smell, lightning, color depth, feelings, and many more are beyond the grasp of modern tech...

Anyway, off to the train station

PS@Kirarakim: Did you eventually find animate in Ikebukuro?
Old 2012-12-26, 17:53   Link #1079
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

But I want to see japan at night. i wonder if you can take night photo with that camera? you have any?

Old 2012-12-26, 18:13   Link #1080
Kirarakim

I actually have a better camera than Malkuth. But it's my first digital camera so I don't know how the pictures will look once they are off the camera and on the computer.

I caught a cold on the plane home so I haven't had a chance to go through my pics yet.

As for nighttime pics my friend took some so when he shares with me maybe I will post some here.

And Malkuth I did find the animate. Someone showed me the way though so it wasn't by my own skill.

Tags
japan, travel