AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-11, 06:08   Link #1341
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Edit: I might made mistake here. I am not sure at the moment but I believe Emi sword is actually called ''Better half" and 1W is name of Maou sword instead.
I didn't saw the raws but [Better Half] may be the kana while 1W was the kanji. Dunno. After all, it was said that both swords Emi and Maou use were 1W.

Edit: Got a confirmation from somebody who read the raws. The kanji used for [Better Half] means [Evolving Holy Sword, One Wing].

THE NEO ARMSTRONG CYCLONE JET ARMSTRONG CANNON
Imagine Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-12-11, 06:26   Link #1342
Tenzen12

Good to know I wasn't wrong after all
Old 2017-02-24, 15:58   Link #1343
Maddie4221

Hi I'm new to anime, but I have a question. Does Maou like Emi? I've read the thread, but it sorta confuses me. I think their really cute together.
Maddie4221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-24, 21:22   Link #1344
Tenzen12

Maou sort of liked Emi from beginning as person and as important rival. He also were concerned about her due huge amount of guilt he feel toward her. Recently it's starting to be obvious, there are some other feelings as well.
Old 2017-02-24, 21:33   Link #1345
Maddie4221

Thank you very much for clearing that up. I very much appreciate it.
Old 2017-02-24, 21:57   Link #1346
Maddie4221

And another quick question, I'm not trying to be annoying. What do you mean other feelings?
Old 2017-02-25, 01:48   Link #1347
Tenzen12

Well she is mother of his child so...

But seriously, Maou himself is trying figure that out. Let's just say, he think about her a lot, get flustered incredibly easily.and became uncharacteristically protective toward her.

Edit: You should probably note most of this is not featured in anime as it covers only first two volumes of novels.

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2017-02-25 at 02:01.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 11:53   Link #1348
Maddie4221

Thank you. I hope they get together, it seems like belong together I've read the thread a few times. Thank you. Thank you.
Old 2017-02-25, 13:42   Link #1349
Fairy Water

I think it's better if u said Maou and Emi are now on 'friendly' term rather than he 'likes' her.

It's obvious Emi likes Maou at this point but it is hardly the same on the opposite.
He still felt uneasy/annoyed/unhappy when Emi transferred to his workplace.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 13:47   Link #1350
Tenzen12

Actually I would say It's exactly opposite, ie Maou is more inclined to feel romantic affection. In Emi case it's much closer to familiar love at the moment. She has still lot of issues and missplaced feelings and doubt it can change until she stop "being defective".
Old 2017-02-25, 18:23   Link #1351
Maddie4221

One more question, I'm really trying not to be annoying. Is it a big chance for maou and emi to get together. And what is your opinion on it. Do you think they will get together or will he end up with the high school girl. ( sorry I can't spell her name.)
Old 2017-02-25, 18:32   Link #1352
Tenzen12

Yes, Maou x Emi is pretty much inevitable.
Old 2017-02-25, 18:45   Link #1353
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

I get the feeling Maou x Emi is quite popular in Japan so Author-san most likely will pair them together in the end. Besides they already have a kid

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 19:15   Link #1354
hyddty

Maou x Emi all the way pls
hyddty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-25, 19:38   Link #1355
Tenzen12

I would be fine with Maou x Suzuno, but yeah that's only second best choice...
Old 2017-03-18, 15:50   Link #1356
Botan_TM

I have known that this series exist for a long time, but I have neglected it for some reasons. Fortunately I saw some funny videos from it on Yuotube, then I watched anime and so far I read it as far as possible in English. To be honest I'm a sucker for stories, where main couple have to overcome mental blockades to start a relationship, so basically I'm fan for tsundere. Problem is, that those rarely are well written, but here there is a hell of a story between Emi and Maou.
To be honest series seems to be dragging a bit sometimes, or plotholes appears, but still I have fallen for it more than expected. Also comedy is on the spot.
Old 2017-03-31, 19:15   Link #1357
Tenzen12

Wow this is turning into White Album 2 level if drama!

Well even if this volume didn't have any battle we finally get to see full picture. It's also quite surprising that Gab-chan and Lailah were allies for while. Though it make sense in hind sight.

It is also good Emi stopped malfunctioning and can now get genuinely close to Mao and indeed even if she still see him as enemy this " Stockholm syndrome " will hardly go away that easily...

As for Alsiel and Rika I don't believe it's necessarily end, though next time they will meet stalking Mao and Emi on their date it should be pretty awkward.
Old 2017-04-01, 17:55   Link #1358
Huex3

Quote:
Wow this is turning into White Album 2 level if drama!

Well even if this volume didn't have any battle we finally get to see full picture. It's also quite surprising that Gab-chan and Lailah were allies for while. Though it make sense in hind sight.

It is also good Emi stopped malfunctioning and can now get genuinely close to Mao and indeed even if she still see him as enemy this " Stockholm syndrome " will hardly go away that easily...

As for Alsiel and Rika I don't believe it's necessarily end, though next time they will meet stalking Mao and Emi on their date it should be pretty awkward.
This is kinda weird. Emi thinks that Maou didn't erase Chiho's memories because she thinks Chiho is his special one? Wasn't it Emi who decided to "let her know" in volume 1? Even in the anime in episode 5 she specifically told Chiho that she wants her to show her who they are (or something along those lines). I mean she even wrapped her in a shield or something to let her witness stuff. Alciel and Suzuno didn't witness that so it's natural for them to conclude that Maou gave Chiho special treatment.

Is Emi denying to herself that Maou didn't wiped Chiho's memory to respect her wishes at the time? At that time even Maou decided to resign himself and let it be based on his reaction to Chiho finding out about them.

Anyway Alciel seems to be hiding something from Maou. His cruel persona is badass tho.
Huex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 18:20   Link #1359
Tenzen12

Well, what Emi and what Maou does are two different issues. Maou certainly considered wiping Chiho's memories, but he asked beforehand and respected her decision to keep it. He didn't give same choice to anyone else involved in that battle, so there is that.

Well I do think Emi is not wrong about Chiho,
(Her chances score homerun with Maou seems like real deal now) though she is likely underestimate own importance in comparison.

As for Alsiel, he is slightly better actor when it come to pretending to be evil. But he is too much goofball keep it up

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2017-04-01 at 18:32.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-01, 18:43   Link #1360
Huex3

Quote:
Well, what Emi and what Maou does are two different issues. Maou certainly considered wiping her memories, but he asked her beforehand and respected her choice to keep it.
I believe he would've wiped it out. Maou did say "there's no making excuses for this" which means he never planned to tell her about him from the start. However, because Emi end up and telling her about them ("I don't know, Chiho... I think I just want you to know"). He can't just erase Chiho's memory on his own discretion because he probably thinks Emi is considering a friendship with Chiho because she revealed herself to Chiho. Basically Maou knew she was lonely that she had no allies who knew about her hero persona that's why he let Chiho keep the memories so she can play this part (in my opinion at least).

Also it was around this time when Emi did her outburst towards Maou about everything he did that made her suffer a lot which means he is feeling the full brunt of all guilt towards her. That's why he was asking Emi a lot about what she wants to do about stuff like Lucifer's punishment during the battle.

Of course she asked Chiho because if she says yes he'd have a counter-argument to Emi that Chiho choose to forget about it herself.

But of course Chiho later on also became an important friend for Maou and co.

Yeah Alciel is the perfect demon if he wants to be if he is in Ente Isla but in Japan... His house-husbanding game is too strong lol. I hope in the ending Maou crowns Alciel as the demon king then retires from being the demon king to live with the one he chooses (preferably Emilia because I hate Chiho).

Last edited by Huex3; 2017-04-01 at 18:53.
Huex3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, demons, fantasy, harem, romance