AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-15, 03:05   Link #1
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Infinite Stratos - Character Discussion - Kanzashi

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kanzashi related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Infinite Stratos fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-11-15, 04:28   Link #2
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

All basic information of our cute Kuudere could be found here: http://infinite-stratos.wikia.com/wi...ashi_Sarashiki

A bit of warm up: Do you guys think that a bit of Tatenashi's behavior is because of Kanzashi? For example, never a moment of weakness?
Old 2013-11-16, 22:37   Link #3
genryu_black

perhaps, maybe because she want to inspire her sister so she will be more open to her or somebody else...
Old 2013-11-17, 00:55   Link #4
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

You know, the Sarashiki sister's relationship is somewhat similar to the Dylandy twins. Neil has always been described as the better of the two, while Lyle, who acknowledge that fact, hated being compared to him that he just decided to distance himself from him.
Old 2013-11-18, 02:09   Link #5
zibi88

I guess Kanzashis gloomy nature is becouse of the usual case of living in the shadow of our older brothers or sisters.... like no matter what we do we wont reach that level...and people will allways compare the 2nd to the 1st

so here mostly is the same Tatenashi is famous and strong and that made people compare Kanzashi to her sister... and it puts her in hard spot of high expectations.... she must be smart, strong and mature like her older sister.... but like we saw kanzashi likes quiet and loves to watch anime... while tatenashi takes care of the school (and hidden world of fighting phantom task) and loves to tease ichika

its mostly the usual living in the shadow of our siblings...no matter what she does she will allways be nr.2 and will comapre her to tatenashi which is hard on her as people dont try to see her as she is but they allways compare (like here the girls in class were mentioning that she is sister of tatenashi so she must be strong too)

Ichikas case is similar... becouse he is Orimura and Chifuyus brother they instantly think he must be strong becouse his sister is mega strong (like in season1 first day... classmates had high expectations out of him... while he commented to himself that they shouldnt expect anything from him :P).... later ichika himself was reffering to chifuyu a lot... he got the same weapon as his sister and he throught he will be invincible like her only to lose few sec later from energy drain ^^
Old 2013-11-20, 06:03   Link #6
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Sheep. All of a sudden, I look at Kanzashi and think: Sheep. Don't ask me why, she just...looks like a sheep, I guess...
Old 2013-11-20, 21:16   Link #7
genryu_black

well if you say she looks like a sheep then i can only disagree since if i am right among the others girls only she manage to say her feeling (although the timing was wrong and the perception is wrong as well).
Old 2013-11-20, 21:33   Link #8
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Funny enough in the LN remade covers, she looks so much better than her older sister in the front of 7.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-11-20, 21:53   Link #9
genryu_black

for that i agree.
Old 2013-11-20, 21:54   Link #10
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

TBH I hate LN redesign
Old 2013-11-24, 04:45   Link #11
genryu_black

well some of it are better while the rest may be not truly good.
Old 2013-11-24, 06:00   Link #12
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryu_black View Post
well if you say she looks like a sheep then i can only disagree since if i am right among the others girls only she manage to say her feeling (although the timing was wrong and the perception is wrong as well).
Actually, her character design reminds me of a timid, shy rabbit.
Old 2013-11-25, 08:36   Link #13
NeutralZero

in a sea full of violent tsundere to border line yandere,
Kanzashi's a refreshing character...
the only time she hits Ichika was more of anger due to his ever so dull denseness than anything else...
Old 2013-11-25, 09:26   Link #14
genryu_black

haha it is true. most of the chara are tsundere to border line a yandere.

it will be hard to imagine if kanzashi to become a tsundere
(
perhaps in fanfic, truly hope there will be more fanfic of kanzashi. the current one mostly are cecilia, charl, laura, and houki
)
Old 2013-11-25, 14:07   Link #15
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
in a sea full of violent tsundere to border line yandere,
Kanzashi's a refreshing character...
the only time she hits Ichika was more of anger due to his ever so dull denseness than anything else...
No. Kanzashi hit Ichika because she was angry that Ichika asked about her IS frame, which she blamed Ichika because he was indirectly responsible for the company not completing her frame in order to build Byaku Shiki. Kanzashi also regrets this afterwards.

Old 2013-11-27, 04:02   Link #16
Eratas123

Yeah that's why I like Kanzashi's character: She slaps Ichika and then feels bad about it. The others girls, even 'Nice Girl' Charlotte, attack him with IS weaponry and don't feel a lick of regret afterwards. It's too bad Houki's going to be the canon heroine.
Old 2013-11-28, 12:03   Link #17
NeutralZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
No. Kanzashi hit Ichika because she was angry that Ichika asked about her IS frame, which she blamed Ichika because he was indirectly responsible for the company not completing her frame in order to build Byaku Shiki. Kanzashi also regrets this afterwards.
but Ichika asked it still bec he's dense on such matter... or he just lack tact on that matter
Old 2013-11-28, 13:48   Link #18
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
but Ichika asked it still bec he's dense on such matter... or he just lack tact on that matter
He's not dense. He simply did not know, or forgot it as Tatenashi told him once. But then again, it's not something worth hitting for.

Old 2013-11-30, 20:33   Link #19
genryu_black

seems like in a harem story a protagonist become a dense person is a big requirement.

wish the author not truly make houki a true canon heroine since she is a childhood friend and a little sister of the woman who change the structure in society.
Old 2014-04-20, 21:07   Link #20
Akisa Akimune
L'anticipation du pouvoir

Yup, except if your name is Makoto Itou and you're a jerk. And I too hope Houki won't be the canon heroine. I'd prefer Kanzashi or Katana for that matter. By the way, nobody talked about Kanzashi's great intelligence! I do not think many people may make their IS themselve... It is one of the reason why I like her chara. She has potential in many ways.

Tags
characters, discussion