AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-01-21, 09:09   Link #821
Viperus

Suzaku might join Lelocuch. He is repeating "Zero is evil , I hate him , bleeeh , he must die, bleeeeeh."

If you look at some previous gundams (and other anime), you'll notice that 2 characters with extreme hate toward each other and quotes like the one above , end up teaming up (if one of them doesnt look cool or has extremly overpowered robot , that one dies). One of them sees his fatal mistake , and they join forces , living happily ever after.
Viperus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-29, 22:46   Link #822
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I thought I should post this which is a small article on Random Curiosity about Code Geass
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 16:16   Link #823
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Transcript from DVD 1 Extras
Translation credited to verity_isle from the Code Geass LJ community

Quote:
Lelouch-sensei's Britannian History Lecture

01 : The Foundation of Britannia, Part the First

Lelouch : Thus went the first part.
Suzaku : ...You're the same as ever, Lelouch. But I think nobody understands what you meant with just 'thus'?
Lelouch : I have no business with people who can't understand. Only those prepared to learn are allowed to learn!
Suzaku : While I'm not so sure about saying Zero-like things... Oh, but on that point, you've always been easily influenced as a kid, right? I remember how you emulated this Tokusatsu hero---
Lelouch : S, shut up with that ancient history!
Suzaku : But I thought we're talking about history today? If we don't talk about the past, nothing can begin.
Lelouch : Ack..... If you're going to pep talk me, I'm leaving.
Suzaku : I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'll pay attention. Lelouch-sensei.
Lelouch : Good. All right, maybe this is a little fast, but. Do you know when the Britannian Empire was founded, Suzaku?
Suzaku : Of course. The current year is 2017 Atb, so it's 2017 years ago.
Lelouch : So sorry you're wrong.
Suzaku : Huh? But, atb--- 'Ascension Throne Britannia', isn't that 'the foundation of Britannia'?
Lelouch : Aha, seems you did your homework. Well done, well done.
Suzaku : It's just common sense. Anyway, I had to do some studying for the Honorary Britannian admission test, too.
Lelouch : Then, what about the foundation?
Suzaku : If I remember right...something about the time Julius Caesar tried to invade Britannia being the trigger, I guess, but...
Lelouch : Correct. A Celtic king stood against them, and from him began the line of the Britannian Royal Family. He won indepence from the Romans, and was crowned king---though I suppose the correct way to put it would be 'chieftain of all tribes'. The count started in that same year. ...So, what's the name of that king?
Suzaku : Um..........I give up?
Lelouch : Oi, Suzaku! Can't you even get that into your head!? That’s going to be on the next test!?
Suzaku : Um, see, I was busy with work...uh.
Lelouch : Then look it up before the next time. Okay? We'll continue in Part the Second!
Seems like Britannia is waaaayy older than we first assumed. So it's not surprising if there is no mention of a Parliament or something like that...the entire timeline has been raped to death and warped beyond recognition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by verity_isle, commenting the DVD extras
The next is a gun design. I'm too lazy to make out the scribbles, but interesting thing is that Britannian guns use motors instead of gunpowder.
Huh? Railguns or what?
Quote:
Sayoko's Diary : The Maid Sees All

As there isn't much work today, I decided to go thoroughly clean up Lelouch-sama's room...

...or at least planned to.

Since Lelouch-sama's room is characteristically methodical, the lack of garbage is a given, and there's not even a single strand of hair on the floor. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

The bedsheets are the same as they were when I changed them yesterday----no, they're even cleaner than before, and there's not a single wrinkle on the bed covers.

I think it's stupid to judge people solely based on their blood type, but

...A-type men are indeed scary.

There wasn't much of anything to do, so I lay down on the floor and had a little afternoon nap. Then, I checked under the bed, but though he's a high school student, there's nothing hidden there.

No, no, that's an amatuer attendent's way of thinking. With that methodical, perfectionist principle iron-walled weakness-hiding personality, he'd never see a place so common as 'under the bed' as valid for secrets. Then again, he wouldn't do things other people would like hiding stuff in the refrigerator just to be unpredictable, either.

If Lelouch-sama is to hide anything...

No. I shouldn't write these things in a diary.

By the time I opened my eyes, it was already dusk. The sunset I saw through the window reminded me of when I was still a little girl.

I remember seeing a much more beautiful sunset than this sky.

When I stopped to stand and look at that sky, Mother would pull my hand and screamed 'run faster!' to me. Nobody around us bothered to look at the sunset, they were all running. Running for their lives.

That day, too, was the sunset for Japan.

I'll never forget how beautiful that day's sunset was for my entire life.

Even if I die, even if I become ashes in the wind, I'll never forget.
O_-

Oh, and by the way and for those who are puzzled, Sayoko's mention of Lelouch being an 'A-type man' refers to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanes...of_personality

Last edited by Renegade334; 2007-06-17 at 04:07.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 16:50   Link #824
SinsI

About Nina: why isn't she afraid of Rivalz? After all, he is an Eleven too (he says so in the first episode - "...Would you like to play against Eleven then? We're different..." - and it's not a translation mistake, he says 俺ら. (And that's why he works part-time)
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 20:14   Link #825
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Seems like Britannia is waaaayy older than we first assumed. So it's not surprising if there is no mention of a Parliament or something like that...the entire timeline has been raped to death and warped beyond recognition.
Nooooo how could they do that to Caesar? NOBODY BEATS Caesar. But wow, that is really old.

Quote:
Suzaku will eventually go renegade if he's forced to do too much dirty work (not to mention probably going berserk. One way or another, he's bound to either die because he's a moron or join Lulu because at least Zero will be acting heroic Unless he goes renegade and hunts Zero down, holding him responsible for his downfall. A misguided idiot
Doubt it. Unlike Gundam Code Geass doesn't really have any set good or bad to it(Other than those first episodes to set the writers' tone to justify Lelouch's and Karen's actions). Mostly it's just as they stated it themselves, fun.

If he's serving under Euphie, I doubt she'll force anything major on him. Cornelia only assigned him that job because she wanted to know if she could trust him, ie. Fumi but at this point she pretty much should now so she wouldn't force him. Plus we don't know much of Suzaku's past. You wouldn't have to agree with him but the understanding part is another matter much as the same way with Lelouch.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-30, 22:34   Link #826
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Eh...I doubt that Cornelia only gave him that job to test him. Since the rest of the pilots probably got the same order, and killing off all the grunts does seem like what britainnia would do most of the time.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-01, 13:21   Link #827
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Eh...I doubt that Cornelia only gave him that job to test him. Since the rest of the pilots probably got the same order, and killing off all the grunts does seem like what britainnia would do most of the time.
.....?Not sure what your getting at because in most of the combat situations we've seen Britannia do they have offered the enemy to surrender(At least 2-3 battles we've seen so far) which seems pretty standard for them except for other cases, such as when Cornelia went in to look for Zero or in other cases, capture resistance leaders, she literally was not going to take any prisoners in that case.

Plus, Darlton pointed out to Suzaku that Cornelia still had doubts about using people like him, which makes sense since he's japanese and the son of the former prime minister. That and he told Suzaku to specifically execute the remaining soldiers once the mission was over. The other soldiers obviously got the same orders but Darlton was giving Suzaku the details that he will have to do the same thing as well.

"Show your loyalty lieutenant, you stand for a promotion so do your best." in which Lloyd pointed out if it was a fumie and Lloyd is NOT an idiot, he probably knows more than he lets go. So I don't know what else that would mean unless the subs were completely wrong and Darlton said something else.
Old 2007-02-01, 13:35   Link #828
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Shinjuku, Shibuya, the ghettos, anytime Zero is involved.

It's just that I disagree with your statement that Cornelia only gave him that job to see if she could test him. It was probably something extra, and that they probably needed Lancelot if Zero/Guren showed up. But then Darlton probably thought Suzaku looked like a bit of an oblivious idiot and tried to motivate him with prospects of a promotion while hinting at what would happen if he failed.

Old 2007-02-01, 14:31   Link #829
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Shinjuku, Shibuya, the ghettos, anytime Zero is involved.
Well she is hell bent on avenging Clovis though lately as I've pointed out she hasn't done any operations in capturing him.

Quote:
It's just that I disagree with your statement that Cornelia only gave him that job to see if she could test him. It was probably something extra, and that they probably needed Lancelot if Zero/Guren showed up. But then Darlton probably thought Suzaku looked like a bit of an oblivious idiot and tried to motivate him with prospects of a promotion while hinting at what would happen if he failed.
3 things to clear up

1 - It's a show
2 - It's for entertainment
3 - It's not suppose to have any deeper meaning or hidden words that have to be deciphered. You have a lot of probably's there.

Your perspective is interesting but you seemed to have warped that scene for yourself so you can bash Suzaku(Darlton probably thinks he's an idiot so he does something to motivate him, what does that have to do with the scene?). Given Darlton's and Guilford's loyalty and dedication to Cornelia, why would they go under the table and promote or use people like Suzaku without her consent? If they intended to use lancelot to handle Zero then why did Cornelia looked surprised, questioning where the hell did Zero get the information? That and Lancelot was sent to the other side of the docks and away from them, the wisest move would've been to keep Lancelot as a reserve unit just in case if Zero did popped up.
Old 2007-02-02, 07:53   Link #830
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Shrugs, in all honesty, do you think Darlton has a very high opinion of 11s? He's a britainnian, he's a knight to a princess and seems very gruff. I'm sure he thought Suzaku was an idiot *ie. not as bright as a full brit* but again, this is subjective to different povs. My pov is that most brits look down numbers, so I tend to colour brits in this light unless shown otherwise.

And Darlton never said Suzaku, he just said it's a chance. Imo, he's just dangling a carrot in front of Suzaku at this point, baiting him. But you're probably right that he's just there to test his loyalty or further test out the lancelot.

Otoh, Cornelia and Zero both need to start planning contingency plans. Cornelia never seems to plan 'what if Zero shows up' except for the first time, and Lulu never plans 'What if Lancelot shows up'. Strange for such strategic planners, lol.

Old 2007-02-02, 15:55   Link #831
Viperus

teh ultimate plan to defeat Lancelot: if you watched Pokemon , you know Team Rocket and their holes. Plan is simple , dig a hole in the battlefield. Put lots of exploding stuff in the hole. Burry the hole so it cant be seen. Put yourself in this position

Lancelot --> hole Lelouch

Blow up Lancelot. Ultimate strategy that works without fail.

If he can trick a mind reader , I'm sure he can think of such a simple tactic.
Viperus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 03:50   Link #832
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperus View Post
teh ultimate plan to defeat Lancelot: if you watched Pokemon , you know Team Rocket and their holes. Plan is simple , dig a hole in the battlefield. Put lots of exploding stuff in the hole. Burry the hole so it cant be seen. Put yourself in this position

LoL! Then Lelouch better do it soon before lancelot start being able to fly.
Old 2007-02-05, 05:47   Link #833
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperus View Post

You're forgetting that Lancelot is part mole so he can dig out of any hole

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 06:54   Link #834
Bloodseeker

I wonder if Viletta's amnesia is just a ploy to save herself the pain of an interogation and maybe get in close with Black Knights (and by association, Zero)...

I hope not though. I don't want Viletta to be screwed.
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-05, 06:57   Link #835
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Yeah, that crossed my mind, too. It seems like a sound plan, but you have to be a pretty good actor to pull that. I mean, one drooling man can believe you but Karen, Zero and all the rest, that'll be a feat. Not to mention that she might be exposed immediately should Zero try Geassing her again.
Old 2007-02-05, 07:02   Link #836
Bloodseeker

On the other hand, if she knows who Zero is (she does, right?), it would probably be smarter to try to get back to base and send a team to search his room...

She could still be faking it until she can escape, though.
Old 2007-02-05, 09:15   Link #837
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
On the other hand, if she knows who Zero is (she does, right?), it would probably be smarter to try to get back to base and send a team to search his room...

She could still be faking it until she can escape, though.
if she is, I somewhat doubt she'll pull it off till at least episode 22. screwing over Zero and the order is a good place to stop the 1st season, so if they're going to do it, I'm assuming they'll do it for the last arc.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 22:04   Link #838
Bloodseeker

All hail Britannia!

*eats Round Table for dinner*
Old 2007-02-12, 07:32   Link #839
solomon

boy howdy seems like every one and his dad is watching this one. To be frank i'm a little surprised that Code Geass is having such a long (yet wierd) run. These late night otaku shows don't normally run that long, and it's ratings are well just okay. However, it's dominating anime mag fan polls so the fanbase must be VERY VERY dedicated. Prolly is bringing bandai a buttload of merch profits too. (I haven't even looked at all of the posts for it on 2ch).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 08:06   Link #840
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
boy howdy seems like every one and his dad is watching this one. To be frank i'm a little surprised that Code Geass is having such a long (yet wierd) run. These late night otaku shows don't normally run that long, and it's ratings are well just okay. However, it's dominating anime mag fan polls so the fanbase must be VERY VERY dedicated. Prolly is bringing bandai a buttload of merch profits too. (I haven't even looked at all of the posts for it on 2ch).
Err... As I keep asking, where is the mysterious mountain loads of Bandai merchandise that people keep imagining?

There is the usual fare with merchandise (e.g. PVC Kallen), but I don't see Bandai making much more effort at marketing than anyone else. I am sure there must be some plan for Knightmare model kit releases somewhere, but the person in charge might be in a coma or something...

I am aware that Bandai's capacity to produce and saturate the market with merchandise is legendary. And that logically Code Geass' current popularity by all means should means the said merchandise could move quickly. But just as with the Suzumiya Haruhi TV series, there is a distinct lack of merchandise for Code Geass. Bandai either didn't expect the series to be that popular due to its time slot and thus was caught on the backfoot with merchandise design, or they intentionally don't want to push for it too hard.

(Speculation)
Why wouldn't Bandai want to push Code Geass too hard? Well, they don't really know if Code Geass would have lasting appeal. If Code Geass gets drowned out by a later flasher show soon after it ends, flooding the market with Glascows might not be a good idea. The series has a complete script up to the end of the season, but even the director admit he is uneasy about how the audience will receive it. (It's apparently expected to upset some people.)
And to REALLY have a full Bandai-style market flood, they would probably want 50+ episodes to work with. But we don't even know if 1. If there is even going to be a second season. and 2. If made, would it be any good.

And just as a major tabloid-sized speculation, I wonder if Bandai is worried a successful Code Geass would steal business from their bread-and-butter Gundam division... :P

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2007-02-12 at 08:22.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote