AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-09-02, 23:32   Link #281
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Only when its recent, and the actual anime of Gundam Wing is anything but recent. For all intents and purposes, we should know this by now, so spoilering the two images isn't needed.
You never know when some dumbshit comes around saying "OMG SPOILER TAGS!!" on such an old show/movie.

It's just better to bypass it.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 00:09   Link #282
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Star-Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Here are pictures that reinforce what you said about the metal piece being stuck but also suggest Trowa could have escaped relatively easily(how far away he'd get from the suit is another issue).

Spoiler for images:

Maybe he was in the suit when it blew up, maybe he wasn't. Regardless, he escaped with his life. Is when exactly Trowa was found by the mercenaries ever revealed.

I don't know if he was revealed to be of Latin descent in an interview but I've seen several unofficial bios list him as much so you're probably right.

I know the bruises and broken bones Sally were talking about were suffered at different times.

Preventer are likely the organization creating mobile suits. It could be a new faction or remnants of an old one though.
Ahaha, my memory didn't fail me totally So, it does seem to be totally stuck (at the base, mainly). At the same time, I guess getting out maybe possible after some manipulation but it may take too much time. Sheesh, I can't rationalize the situation no matter what....

And argh...can't remember where was it revealed exactly (Trowa being 4), but I am sure it was somewhere. Personally, I don't believe him to be Latin since I can't find the source of interview. It's just a mysterious 'interview'.

Uh-huh, totally at different times. Any other possibility does not exist, I think.

So snow white and wizard really are the name of MSuits? Weird names -_- But it does seem appropriate. Oh, and I don't know who might be making the suits...I doubt Preventer would start mass-production of MS, though they might make a few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Trowa is always listed as 'Unknown' however Catherine is listed as Russian in GW Technical manuals, and being his biological sister, that would make Trowa also Russian. (Makes sense; Russian circus family.) The Latin/South American business is purely fanon, always has been. Just very pervasive fanon. (Possibly invented from him appearing to be fighting in jungles as a young mercenary.)

Howso? EDIT: Or rather, I suppose my question should be, how far in advance are you thinking? After all, the only injury-inflicting circumstances we see him get up to that point is the torpedoes he sets off trying to detonate Wing, Duo shooting him, and I suppose his crash landing into the ocean (although that one isn't directly seen).

Then again, they never show how he gets from floating in the water to being in the hospital, either-- that was always a major 'buhwha?' moment for me.

But doesn't that go against everything the organization was built for? :/ I think the latter is more likely.
I haven't found Catherine listed as Russian anywhere official...where/what is the manual? And the jungle? I think he was roaming the deserts when he met the mercenaries (or when the mercenaries found him).

Oh, the injuries might have been sustained at different points in his life.
Quote:
*face-palm

Why didn't I check Catherine's bio?

I belive Heero suffered the bruises and broken bones mostly during his training with Odin Lowe and Doctor J.

I wouldn't say so. Remember, Preventer kept the Tallgeese III, Noin's Taurus and I'm assuming many other suits in storage. It makes sense they'd upgrade in the future because you never know when a new faction will pop up looking for global domination.
I need to search for Catherine's bio too. I think it might be on aboutgundamwing.com....*goes off*
True, they may upgrade and build more suits but they should be doing so within a limit...and before I forget, why is Preventer 5 being dismissed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
You never know when some dumbshit comes around saying "OMG SPOILER TAGS!!" on such an old show/movie.

It's just better to bypass it.
My point...who knows who might scream 'IT'S A SPOILER' so I prefer to be on the safe side.
Old 2010-09-03, 00:32   Link #283
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
I belive Heero suffered the bruises and broken bones mostly during his training with Odin Lowe and Doctor J.
And he wouldn't have healed up at all before going on a mission like OM? O_o I mean yeah, it's Heero but... still...
Quote:
I wouldn't say so. Remember, Preventer kept the Tallgeese III, Noin's Taurus and I'm assuming many other suits in storage. It makes sense they'd upgrade in the future because you never know when a new faction will pop up looking for global domination.
I guess that's true. It just seems odd to me, especially that Quatre and Trowa would agree to creating new units when the destruction of the Gundams is implied (in BT anyway) to be Quatre's idea in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star-Wing View Post
And argh...can't remember where was it revealed exactly (Trowa being 4), but I am sure it was somewhere. Personally, I don't believe him to be Latin since I can't find the source of interview. It's just a mysterious 'interview'.
Sounds like pervasive fancruft to me. There's a lot of things that have been claimed to come from mysterious 'interviews' with no evidence whatsoever- I don't believe it until I see a source.
Quote:
I haven't found Catherine listed as Russian anywhere official...where/what is the manual? And the jungle? I think he was roaming the deserts when he met the mercenaries (or when the mercenaries found him).
I need to search for Catherine's bio too. I think it might be on aboutgundamwing.com....*goes off*
That's exactly where I found it- and the character bio info comes from official GW series guides/technical manuals as sourced in that section.
The jungle thing is referring to his brief appearance in EW, as well as the content (not flashbacks) of his E0 chapter. In any case, it's ridiculous to assume that he's from Latin America (Brazil being the most common one I see) for that reason, or any reason, really.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 01:09   Link #284
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And he wouldn't have healed up at all before going on a mission like OM? O_o I mean yeah, it's Heero but... still...

I guess that's true. It just seems odd to me, especially that Quatre and Trowa would agree to creating new units when the destruction of the Gundams is implied (in BT anyway) to be Quatre's idea in the first place.

Sounds like pervasive fancruft to me. There's a lot of things that have been claimed to come from mysterious 'interviews' with no evidence whatsoever- I don't believe it until I see a source.

That's exactly where I found it- and the character bio info comes from official GW series guides/technical manuals as sourced in that section.
The jungle thing is referring to his brief appearance in EW, as well as the content (not flashbacks) of his E0 chapter. In any case, it's ridiculous to assume that he's from Latin America (Brazil being the most common one I see) for that reason, or any reason, really.
Actually, what I was trying to say is (and I think Elo is trying the same) that fractured and broken bones kind of leave medical marks; marks that can be visible by medical scans even after they heal completely or partially. So when Sally said he had 200 or so broken bones, she might have been saying he has suffered from so many fractures over the course of his life.

Wait, where is it given that Quatre and Trowa ARE making suits O_O???!!

The Latin part is most probably fandom (don't know about the Russian one yet) but Trowa being 4 year old is ambiguous; at least to me anyways. I will check on it later this week, if I get time.

Jungle was where he was when he was around 10 and the desert was where he was when he was a baby-kid...so I think the desert may point to his origin more then the jungle.

And I am in a hurry, pardon any mistakes, both grammatical and spelling...

EDIT - Make that grassland not desert...I don't know what made me write desert.
Old 2010-09-03, 18:42   Link #285
Kitsoru

Quote:
Actually, what I was trying to say is (and I think Elo is trying the same) that fractured and broken bones kind of leave medical marks; marks that can be visible by medical scans even after they heal completely or partially. So when Sally said he had 200 or so broken bones, she might have been saying he has suffered from so many fractures over the course of his life.
Ah, I see what you're saying- makes sense. I'm wondering if this is one of those cases of bad translation in the dub that were numerous throughout and changed the meanings of many many lines... it's too bad no sub was ever available other than the dubtitles, with direct translations of all the lines.
Quote:
Wait, where is it given that Quatre and Trowa ARE making suits O_O???!!
In the summary it's said that they're 'involved' in a rough and dirty translation, I believe. I'll have to check again to see the exact wording given..
Quote:
The Latin part is most probably fandom (don't know about the Russian one yet) but Trowa being 4 year old is ambiguous; at least to me anyways. I will check on it later this week, if I get time.
Where did anyone say he was 4 years old and when...? The age for him in Episode Zero at least is taken from the year in which the chapter takes place (every E0 chapter has a year marking it), but any flashbacks can only be guesstimated- same with his EW appearance, although the fact that he's wearing Midii's pendant in that scene means it must take place between the time they met and the time they parted, which was within a year's time if not less- so, same dates as his E0 chapter.

Apart from his age when he met Midii, though, no dates can really be known for him, except birthyear (AC 180), since his data always gives his age as the same as the other boys.
Old 2010-09-04, 02:33   Link #286
wingzerosnuggles

Promos for Glory of the Defeated + Info on Quatre:
http://www.hkml.net/Discuz/viewthread.php?tid=130346

There's some stuff on Tomofumi Ogasawara (manga-ka for Glory of the Defeated) in there as well. Care to translate? Also, can anyone find the Gundam Ace promo images for the other three pilots?
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 09:24   Link #287
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post

There's some stuff on Tomofumi Ogasawara (manga-ka for Glory of the Defeated) in there as well. Care to translate? Also, can anyone find the Gundam Ace promo images for the other three pilots?
I'm looking forward to some info on Glory of the Defeated. I wonder if it will conflict with Frozen Teardrop in any way.
Old 2010-09-04, 11:14   Link #288
wingzerosnuggles

Personally, I hope it does. I want options like with the three interquels. Pick your preference.

And speaking of EW, any idea what could have happened to Mariemaia? I think she'd grow up to look a lot like Matilda Ajan (MSG).

P. S. I have no idea who that dude is. Just yanked this off Pixiv. It's new.

EDIT: The Babelfished kanji on Pixiv says it's Van. Hello dead uncle, I guess.

Last edited by wingzerosnuggles; 2010-09-04 at 12:42.
Old 2010-09-04, 13:32   Link #289
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Personally, I hope it does. I want options like with the three interquels. Pick your preference.

And speaking of EW, any idea what could have happened to Mariemaia? I think she'd grow up to look a lot like Matilda Ajan (MSG).

With the three interquels, I personally don't see Ground Zero as being canon while the other two are. Neither Blind Target or Battlefield of the Pacifists conflict with each other or major elements of the series or EW and both had actual staff writers working on them.

I could honestly see Mariemaia joining Preventer at some point(due to Une) but maybe she just lived a normal life. Either the novel or manga should touch on her.
Old 2010-09-04, 15:42   Link #290
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Good lord, the fanart just keeps getting worse and worse. Can we please keep them to links and not spamming with image tags? I'd rather not lose my lunch whenever I read the thread. Thanks
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 21:45   Link #291
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
In the summary it's said that they're 'involved' in a rough and dirty translation, I believe. I'll have to check again to see the exact wording given..

Where did anyone say he was 4 years old and when...? The age for him in Episode Zero at least is taken from the year in which the chapter takes place (every E0 chapter has a year marking it), but any flashbacks can only be guesstimated- same with his EW appearance, although the fact that he's wearing Midii's pendant in that scene means it must take place between the time they met and the time they parted, which was within a year's time if not less- so, same dates as his E0 chapter.

Apart from his age when he met Midii, though, no dates can really be known for him, except birthyear (AC 180), since his data always gives his age as the same as the other boys.
Okies, I really don't want Trowa and Quatre to be involved in making MS...
And I guess you are right, since I cant find any official page to show that he is 4 years old (I guess he might be around that since he looks so small).
Quote:

Um...wasn't there a manga on EW already? In which all the pilots go to Mars? Then why is it being released again?
Btw, I keep forgetting, but I LOVE your avatar <3 It makes me laugh; how did you manage that?
Quote:

I guess putting the pic behind a spoiler tag rather then just linking might be better (I am referring to what Deacon said). And why is Van blonde I expect him to be a brunette.
Quote:
With the three interquels, I personally don't see Ground Zero as being canon while the other two are. Neither Blind Target or Battlefield of the Pacifists conflict with each other or major elements of the series or EW and both had actual staff writers working on them.

I could honestly see Mariemaia joining Preventer at some point(due to Une) but maybe she just lived a normal life. Either the novel or manga should touch on her.
Weren't you the one who said Preventer 5 may not be canon now? I still can't understand why....and neither can I understand for Ground Zero either -_-
Old 2010-09-05, 05:07   Link #292
Kitsoru

Quote:
Um...wasn't there a manga on EW already? In which all the pilots go to Mars?
I've never heard of such a manga. Where'd you get that from?
Old 2010-09-05, 05:22   Link #293
Star-Wing
Covered in Darkness
*Graphic Designer

^ I mean in the end, the pilots were all heading to Mars and Relena had come to see them off *goes to check* I think the name is EW Manga or Endless Waltz Manga.
Old 2010-09-05, 10:42   Link #294
wingzerosnuggles

Quote:

Um...wasn't there a manga on EW already? In which all the pilots go to Mars? Then why is it being released again?
That was the ending to the series manga. The ending to the EW manga has Zechs and Noin off to Mars, Duo with Hilde at the scrapyard, Trowa at the circus, Quatre doing some sort of business, Wufei with Sally at Preventer, Une taking care of Mariemaia and Heero as Relena's bodyguard. Canon or not, it's my favorite ending.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...angaendEW1.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...angaendEW2.jpg
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...angaendEW3.jpg
Quote:
Btw, I keep forgetting, but I LOVE your avatar <3 It makes me laugh; how did you manage that?
I just found it while randomly surfing. Forgot where.

Quote:
I guess putting the pic behind a spoiler tag rather then just linking might be better (I am referring to what Deacon said). And why is Van blonde I expect him to be a brunette.
Yeah, will probably do that now. I do wonder if Mariemaia is getting a love interest though.
Old 2010-09-05, 11:21   Link #295
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Okies, I really don't want Trowa and Quatre to be involved in making MS...

Weren't you the one who said Preventer 5 may not be canon now? I still can't understand why....and neither can I understand for Ground Zero either -_-
Why don't you want Trowa and Quatre involved in MS production?

Snuggles was the one who brought up FT's release making Preventer 5 not canon. Personally, I haven't read Preventer 5 so I don't really know what plot-points are being conflicted.

With Ground Zero, there are two big reasons I don't consider it canon. Heero upgraded Wing Zero into Wing Zero Custom which directly conflicts with EW retconning the events of GW. Bandai also said this was wrong. And not a single staff writer from the original series worked on Ground Zero which leaves it without legitimacy in my opinion.

Quote:
Yeah, will probably do that now. I do wonder if Mariemaia is getting a love interest though.
I highly doubt it but anything is possible.
Old 2010-09-06, 00:07   Link #296
Kitsoru

Quote:
Why don't you want Trowa and Quatre involved in MS production?
Because it's blatantly out of character for the very people who fought for mobile suits to no longer be necessary and campaigned for them to be gotten rid of to start producing mobile suits?

Quote:
That was the ending to the series manga. The ending to the EW manga has Zechs and Noin off to Mars, Duo with Hilde at the scrapyard, Trowa at the circus, Quatre doing some sort of business, Wufei with Sally at Preventer, Une taking care of Mariemaia and Heero as Relena's bodyguard.
IIRC The movie/OVA less explicitly also had Noin and Zechs headed off to Mars and Relena spearheading the terraforming project, so that's canon either way; but the 5 Gundam pilots themselves never went to Mars.

Last edited by Kitsoru; 2010-09-06 at 00:19.
Old 2010-09-06, 03:17   Link #297
wingzerosnuggles

In the series (not Endless Waltz) manga ending, the boys all go to Mars as can be seen in the links below. Also, Dorothy, Une, Zechs and Noin meet up at Treize's grave and Relena meets up with Heero to say goodbye asking him not to forget and "come and deal with this loose end someday." Lyrics of Rhythm Emotion are printed over the next few panels where Relena's teary-eyed and Heero smiles at her before leaving with the other boys for Mars.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/35.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/36.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/37.html

Frankly, I think this ending sucked ass but EW pretty much retconned it.
Old 2010-09-06, 11:24   Link #298
Kitsoru

Quote:
In the series (not Endless Waltz) manga ending, the boys all go to Mars as can be seen in the links below. Also, Dorothy, Une, Zechs and Noin meet up at Treize's grave and Relena meets up with Heero to say goodbye asking him not to forget and "come and deal with this loose end someday." Lyrics of Rhythm Emotion are printed over the next few panels where Relena's teary-eyed and Heero smiles at her before leaving with the other boys for Mars.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/35.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/36.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/shin_k...3/c003/37.html

Frankly, I think this ending sucked ass but EW pretty much retconned it.
Ahhh, that's where it comes from. Yeah, that's obvs retconned by EW, not to mention the 3 interlude manga that followed THAT as canon, so...
Old 2010-09-06, 11:40   Link #299
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Because it's blatantly out of character for the very people who fought for mobile suits to no longer be necessary and campaigned for them to be gotten rid of to start producing mobile suits?

True, but it wouldn't be out of character if there was a new enemy to fight.
Old 2010-09-11, 04:13   Link #300
wingzerosnuggles

Scans of Frozen Teardrop Chapter 1:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...en%20Teardrop/

Of particular interest are the three pages featuring illustrations of Duo Jr., Kathy, Young Treize and Van.
Spoiler for size:

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing