AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-08, 20:21   Link #21
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
My guess is that red words will float around the room as Beatrice is speaking.
I was just about to post an "Or maybe..." with a guess similar to that one xD
Where the words would float next to the character in an awesome way.
Old 2008-11-08, 20:31   Link #22
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
That'd be awesome 8D
Battler's expression would either be freaked...or...surprised.

Anyway we'll just have to wait and see what they do.
Still hoping they don't butcher the funny scenes like the boat ride...Dx
Old 2008-11-08, 20:35   Link #23
Rika_Chama

for red text it could be a figure of speech or something (not sure if im saying this right) like saying "In red, -there is only one key-" or something but I guess that would be kinda weird
Old 2008-11-08, 20:55   Link #24
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Or all those heartwarming scences in the game.
Though Higurashi's first season's humor was pretty....unfunny, so I hope they do a better job this time.
Old 2008-11-08, 21:14   Link #25
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

I'll be mad somebody if they don't show either the ep. 2 scene in the end between Rosa and Maria or ep. 1 scene with Natsuhi and Jessica. Those scenes made me want to cry ;A;

Yeah...Higurashi's humor just got old. It was the same. Keiichi loses a game and he wears some embarrasing clothes or has his face written. Or the same old "Take-home-mode"Rena...although sometimes that was funny.

Umineko has many scenes that can make you laugh...hopefully they won't butcher it out that much. (I want to see the plane ride or the boat ride animated xD Even for 5 seconds xD Although they do have to show the boat ride. We get introduced to Maria's creepiness.)
Old 2008-11-08, 21:17   Link #26
Jaymer

Regarding the episode amount problem...
I think that 26 episodes wouldn't be enough for Umineko.
I reckon that they might make it 32 episodes?
Say:
8 Eps for each arc? [that's still not enough imo]

If they do 4 eps each arc... that's going to be sad........

And now, with the red text!!
I think what they might do is take some Evangelion action and put the red text on a black screen or something.
That'd be cool...
But I like the idea of the text floating around the room being better lol.
Old 2008-11-08, 21:27   Link #27
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Quote:
I don't know how long the Higurashi visual novels are/were but I think that 4-5 episodes for Umineko is kind of...short. What...3 deaths per episode starting on episode 2? I think...at least...7 episodes for each arc. 1 and a half for the first day and the rest...well xD for the second day.
There has to be at least enough for 1 'night' each episode, hopefully less often than that, but at the very least... So that would be at least 10 for the first arc.
A mini-season (those 12-16 episode ones) per arc would be nice.

Quote:
Another question...how will the anime do with the red text? Any ideas?
Maybe a red background or something? Voice change probably wouldn't be apparent enough.
I like the floating text idea. I kind of have a feeling they won't do it at all though....
Old 2008-11-08, 21:41   Link #28
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymer View Post
Regarding the episode amount problem...
I think that 26 episodes wouldn't be enough for Umineko.
I reckon that they might make it 32 episodes?
Say:
8 Eps for each arc? [that's still not enough imo]

If they do 4 eps each arc... that's going to be sad........

And now, with the red text!!
I think what they might do is take some Evangelion action and put the red text on a black screen or something.
That'd be cool...
But I like the idea of the text floating around the room being better lol.
I'd say 40...(10 for each arc. And then I guess another season for the answer arcs.) But I might think that 10 is a bit of an exageration.
I prefer 32 xD Although some arcs...(like I think the 3rd one) will need about 10. So I guess I'll stick to 40 ep. per season.

Yeah I prefer the black background with the red text. I just can't imagine the red text floating xDDD But that is the Meta world xDDD Who knows what can happen in there xD
Old 2008-11-11, 03:13   Link #29
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I just want whoever is doing Umineko to not mess up the pacing. The difference in pacing between Higurashi's seasons are just argh.

If you guys thought the magical elements in episode two would be fun to see animated, I can't wait for your reactions to episode three. It's just really making me wonder who'd voice Eva....

I'm hoping they animate the tea parties somehow, but tea parties look very biased as to whether witches exist or not. Though, the same could be said for how the Umineko manga makes it look like witches don't exist. Episode three's tea party with Lambda made me "wtf" and the hidden tea party is sad. What will episode four tell us, I wonder.

Actually, I just really want episode two's hidden tea party with Bernkastel saying this to be animated:

………えーと、その、 ………ふぁ、…ふぁいと、お~。 
みー、にぱ~☆

That... That's all I really want. To hear Tamura Yukari say that in her deeper, more mature voice would be pure bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
You know, if the first one turns out to be true, it would be the BEST EPIC WIN for the entire season
Eh, I'd be more interested in Tanaka Rie doing Virgilia. It probably doesn't help that she looks like Suigintou.

I can't quite think of someone who I think would be good Beato, but a mate thought of Nabatame Hitomi. I was starting to think of Watanabe Misa, if only for her role as Cendrillon in Otogi-Jushi Akazukin.

I also keep imagining Iguchi Yuka as Maria and her role as Index isn't helping much. But really, who would voice Eva....

Am I the only one hoping they don't re-use the majority of the main cast of Higurashi for this?

I wonder who'd voice Ange.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2008-11-13, 16:42   Link #30
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

I would satisfy if Miki Itou will voice for Lambdadelta .

Old 2008-11-13, 16:47   Link #31
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

I still think Fuyuka Oura would do a better job... I mean how can cute little Lambda get a droopy mature voice like Takano? I mean it MIGHT happen anyway, but I still think the woman who played Miyoko would do a better job than the woman who played her older version. D:

Old 2008-11-13, 18:21   Link #32
Iskatar
The Sanctuary Knocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I still think Fuyuka Oura would do a better job... I mean how can cute little Lambda get a droopy mature voice like Takano? I mean it MIGHT happen anyway, but I still think the woman who played Miyoko would do a better job than the woman who played her older version. D:
I think Miki Itou would have done a decent if not great job as Beatrice if she hadn't already done Takano. :s
Old 2008-11-13, 19:05   Link #33
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

When I saw Shannon first time,I thought he is female.I suggest Eri Kitamura for this character.

http://myanimelist.net/people/413/Eri_Kitamura

*or better choice "Maaya Sakamoto"

http://myanimelist.net/people/90/Maaya_Sakamoto

Last edited by Bathory Area; 2008-11-13 at 19:49.
Old 2008-11-13, 20:39   Link #34
Rias

Perhaps it's becuase most shows I've seen with Kitamura Eri, she voiced male character or boyish-girls, I can't really imagine her as Shannon. Okay she can also do these seducing female voices well, but also not what I've imagined as Shannon. Sakamoto Maaya would be alright...she has a good range of voices.

I am still thinking of Endo Aya -> Shannon and Sawashiro Miyuki -> Kanon
Old 2008-11-13, 21:25   Link #35
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

I'd rather have Kanon voiced by a male seiyuu but if it's to be female Paku Romi would be my pick.

Old 2008-11-13, 21:44   Link #36
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
I'd rather have Kanon voiced by a male seiyuu but if it's to be female Paku Romi would be my pick.
I'd go with a Hoshi Souchirou for Kanon

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2008-11-19, 00:00   Link #37
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I'd go with a Hoshi Souchirou for Kanon
Hoshi really does not match Kanon looks and personality. Hoshi has quite a deep voice and is better suited for easy going and "fun" characters. That is drastically opposite to Kanon, who is quite sensible, fragile and rebellous.

I can only see Paku Romi, or better: Sakamoto Mayaa (her voice for Ciel Phantomhive in Kuroshitsuji is perfect)

also, should they put Wakamoto, I would rather see Kinzo. A nutty Wakamoto would be awesome .
Old 2008-11-19, 07:10   Link #38
Avisch
Reality Blender

Why didn't I think of Mayaa? I have been watching Kuroshitsuji, and I agree entirely. It would work especially when he gets angry.

Oh my god. Imagining Kinzo with Emperor Charles (Code Geass) voice is the funniest thing I've done in a while.

Having just completed episode 2. I agree with those thinking a large amount of episodes is necessary. I really want to see how they will do episode 2 (do it linear or make the supernatural scenes as flashbacks)......aso I want to see Kanon's particularly awesome scene animated
Spoiler for episode 2:

One crazy B****
Old 2008-11-28, 13:49   Link #39
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Well, ideally, yes, Tanaka Rie would be a great choice, but ironically, another character fits the bill as well (see episode 3)
Who...?
Spoiler for Ep 3:
Old 2008-11-28, 14:32   Link #40
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for ep3, minor: