AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-03, 00:35   Link #7221
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I saw something a while ago called "I'm MT", a Chinese 3D cartoon series based on World of Warcraft. It is fairly funny at times since it takes the prespective of newbie players starting out in WoW and runs with it. They are semi-roleplaying, but use a lot of player mentality. (MT like looting and they start on a quest for a good weapon from Wailing Caverns while wandering the Barrens. Also there seems to be a lot of ganking, so it is a PVP server. The style is anime-like I suppose, though the styles are different as thing go along (the original main character's style is different from the later characters that all seem to be level 60s...as thsi seems to take place early in WoW's history, as they are on a server with guilds working on Molten Core as the end game. It is mainly Horde focused, but they get more Alliance focus added in as the story progresses.

The location visually make it clear that they are filming in WotLK, but making it seem like it is early Vanilia WoW. Also they make fun of the Chinese alterations to WoW, such as gravestones in place of corpses, and some other things. Oddly the style for the Forsaken is rather cute in this series. (The Undead Mage hums Hare Hare Yukai in early episodes and some of the early musical queues are from the Haruhi-chan webseries)

The first three seasons of it are subbed someplace. I don't know if there is a fourth season in the works or not.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-04-03 at 01:48.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 01:24   Link #7222
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
a mage ice nova and TPing away
Personally I don't TP right after nova. I'd either Deep Freeze or Polymorph them, then Invisibility, then get out of combat, then get on my flying mount, then fly a zone's worth away, then Teleport.
Old 2011-04-03, 06:47   Link #7223
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Personally I don't TP right after nova. I'd either Deep Freeze or Polymorph them, then Invisibility, then get out of combat, then get on my flying mount, then fly a zone's worth away, then Teleport.
I ment back in the day when mages didnt have Invisibility *cough*yournotaroguewutyoudoingwithinvisibility*co ugh*

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2011-04-04 at 00:56.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 21:45   Link #7224
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I ment back in the day when mages didnt have Invisibility *cough*yournotaroguewutyoudoingwithinvisibility*co ugh*
I didn't reroll Mage until they had Invisibility.
Old 2011-04-04, 00:56   Link #7225
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Your not a rogue, what you doin with invisibility?*

^ for those who dont like to read cluster ****s^
Old 2011-04-07, 01:44   Link #7226
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

wow the recent patch note for 4.1 seems to have gotten a bit on controversy going on the forums .
Spoiler for New Change to LFD for 4.1:

The amount of DPS acting like they're getting shafted somehow by this is honestly hilarious...

On a different note my guild finally downed the twin drake fight today, and we made some progress on chimearon[got to 32%, but didn't have time to get enough attempts to down him], and wondering if the Council fight in BoT is considered harder or easier than chimearon/atremedes in BWD.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 01:58   Link #7227
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
wow the recent patch note for 4.1 seems to have gotten a bit on controversy going on the forums .

The amount of DPS acting like they're getting shafted somehow by this is honestly hilarious...
Honestly I have no problem with that change, I mean its not like most classes can't solo for these mounts already. This just gives an extra place to try your luck for tanks or healers depending on which is most needed.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 02:01   Link #7228
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:

On a different note my guild finally downed the twin drake fight today, and we made some progress on chimearon[got to 32%, but didn't have time to get enough attempts to down him], and wondering if the Council fight in BoT is considered harder or easier than chimearon/atremedes in BWD.
Well, that's interesting. It certainly perked my interest in going back to Prot-Warr for LFD pugs instead of Fury (I only tank for my Guild now).

Hmm...
Old 2011-04-07, 04:20   Link #7229
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Have all three mounts.

That won't fix queue times.

Quality of PUGs is still bleh but I've been in a few decent ones. 15 minute H Tol'vir deathless run with all DPS above 10k was a nice one.

Council is a controlled burn. It's mandatory to have all 4 down as close to 25% as possible. Letting a merge occur with any of them above 30% is suicide. It's also an awareness fight. Burning Ignacious's Shield, removing Feludius's debuffs, handling Tempestria and Arion, then doing a fast burn at the Elementium Monstrosity phase. It is a very technical fight. You have to be aware of a lot. It's a necessary step up to get you into serious mode for Cho'gall.
Old 2011-04-07, 11:53   Link #7230
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Have all three mounts.

That won't fix queue times.

Quality of PUGs is still bleh but I've been in a few decent ones. 15 minute H Tol'vir deathless run with all DPS above 10k was a nice one.

Council is a controlled burn. It's mandatory to have all 4 down as close to 25% as possible. Letting a merge occur with any of them above 30% is suicide. It's also an awareness fight. Burning Ignacious's Shield, removing Feludius's debuffs, handling Tempestria and Arion, then doing a fast burn at the Elementium Monstrosity phase. It is a very technical fight. You have to be aware of a lot. It's a necessary step up to get you into serious mode for Cho'gall.
Hmmm I see, and while I'll agree most PuGs are mediocre with how many I've healed as paladin, or tanked as my DK since hitting 85 and gearing them up, but I'd say most LFD groups are fairly decent and bearable you can ussually clear them in a reasonable amount of time without having to kick someone or wipe more than once or twice. So I could see this working to some extend to get people to tank and heal, while they mentioned those mounts by name, it's hard to say if they're the only mounts being offered from it, they're a few other mounts they could offer.
MAL
Old 2011-04-07, 12:30   Link #7231
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

It's not the first time they've tried this. They added that mount to H Oculus back in LK to stop people from leaving. It did have an effect. I still don't see this incentive holding people from leaving if Stonecore or Grim Batol come up. Case in point - I queued tonight. Grim Batol came up. Despite geared group, tank left instantly. I couldn't be bothered waiting and logged.
Old 2011-04-07, 12:34   Link #7232
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
It's not the first time they've tried this. They added that mount to H Oculus back in LK to stop people from leaving. It did have an effect. I still don't see this incentive holding people from leaving if Stonecore or Grim Batol come up. Case in point - I queued tonight. Grim Batol came up. Despite geared group, tank left instantly. I couldn't be bothered waiting and logged.
I think that's more of an issue with the fact that Grim batol and Deadmines HC are both relatively long instances compared to ones like Vortex, or Throne of Tides.
MAL
Old 2011-04-07, 16:44   Link #7233
demonfang

Twilight Council 3rd phase is a tough dps/gear check. Our raid group considers them tougher than Atramedes/Chimaeron, whom we've already beaten, though we expect to down them this week or next once we gear with some more epics (Working on Nefarian and Al'Akir currently).
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 21:25   Link #7234
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonfang View Post
Twilight Council 3rd phase is a tough dps/gear check. Our raid group considers them tougher than Atramedes/Chimaeron, whom we've already beaten, though we expect to down them this week or next once we gear with some more epics (Working on Nefarian and Al'Akir currently).
I was under the impression that Cho'gall was considered the easiest of the final 3[on 10 man anyways] and Nefarian was toughest 10 while Al'Akir was the toughest on 25?
MAL
Old 2011-04-07, 22:25   Link #7235
Xacual

Just to comment on the new dungeon thing, Blizz said it's any mount available from dungeons so I'd assume the blue proto drake, bronze drake (though who doesn't already have that?), and maybe even the rare cata mounts would be possible from the bag.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-07, 22:47   Link #7236
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Just to comment on the new dungeon thing, Blizz said it's any mount available from dungeons so I'd assume the blue proto drake, bronze drake (though who doesn't already have that?), and maybe even the rare cata mounts would be possible from the bag.
Indeed those should be possible too, though I wonder if the blue drake[formerly gotten from Oculus if you got it as random HC], or they consider it a "raid mount" now?
MAL
Old 2011-04-08, 07:41   Link #7237
problemedchild
ô_ô

Quote:
I was under the impression that Cho'gall was considered the easiest of the final 3[on 10 man anyways] and Nefarian was toughest 10 while Al'Akir was the toughest on 25?
It's debatable whether or not Cho'gall is harder than Al'Akir, but he does drop T11 pieces and I personally see very little reason to down Al'Akir (LOL RNG) before getting your raid set pieces. It's very amusing to see the difficultly level jump in Heroic mode, some of the much easier fights in normal become a absolute nightmare in Heroic.
problemedchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 08:48   Link #7238
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

IMO just go farm them now. Doing H MGT or H Sethekk only takes about 5 minutes. H Utgarde Pinnacle is soloable and you can skip bosses/stuff along the way to Skadi as some classes. And of you can do Stratholme over and over, of course.

Proof they're still obtainable - here's what happened today on only the 7th time I tried on my Shaman. Now makes the 2nd toon I have one of those on.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-08, 11:40   Link #7239
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

on my paladin i did Barons again and got the mount the first time for the 2nd toon.
Old 2011-04-08, 14:11   Link #7240
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by problemedchild View Post
It's debatable whether or not Cho'gall is harder than Al'Akir, but he does drop T11 pieces and I personally see very little reason to down Al'Akir (LOL RNG) before getting your raid set pieces. It's very amusing to see the difficultly level jump in Heroic mode, some of the much easier fights in normal become a absolute nightmare in Heroic.
Well if you're a one-hand sword using heavy raid comp Al'kir drops their best weapons, which for is our holy paladin's caster swords[run with 2 normal] or mages depending stats[run with 1 normally], frost DW DK's best swords are from him[which we have], and prot paladin's best tank weapon could be off him too. Also Al'kir will drop tier 11 tokens on normal addition heroic as of patch 4.1.[Only drops them on Heroic mode atm]
MAL

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows