AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-07-02, 07:02   Link #33461
demino_hellsin
That one guy

well Each of Futago's blades are only equally as heavy as Yukihira so it should be fine
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 07:29   Link #33462
Eratas123

You notice that Ichika makes heavy lunges with the Yukihira and holds it with both hands.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:39   Link #33463
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I assumed he just didn't know better :/
Old 2012-07-02, 07:44   Link #33464
Eratas123

It's a katana, you don't hold it one handed. Those things are damn heavy and every strike counts. It's not like a dagger where you can change mid strike: One you aim down, you're aiming down till you hit something.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:46   Link #33465
HasuMasu
*Artist

Unless you're using a pseudo-mech that doesn't care about weight.

But there's nothing like that in IS.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:46   Link #33466
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

B-But the Yukihara's pretty huge! Even wider than the IS katana!

If anyone has even a chance to wield double of those proper, it'll be this guy:
Old 2012-07-02, 07:47   Link #33467
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Problem that Ichika is not trained on Nitouryuu, unlike Houki, who did.

This was brought in ST, where Ichika use dual wielding strictly for defense (usually against long range weapon), and use larger sword using both hands in offense.

Weight is no problem? What kind of heresy is that? This is related to swing and recovery speed, since we knew even I.S. have specialization (such as ShenLong being strength-agility type)

Oh, BTW, Yukihira is 1.65 m, I.S. Katana is 1.8 m, just saying. I can give size comparison if someone interested.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:52   Link #33468
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The individual blades are as heavy as yukihira. But when it comes to size, about only half or 3/4
Old 2012-07-02, 07:52   Link #33469
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
How can I make him wield dual sword without the left hand? D:

that does open some very interesting avenues though... XD
Simple.... Two swords in one-hand...

============|
|=====
============|

err..... Gokaiblue style.....

===

Readjusting their trait...To Comic Trio

Nemo has a nickname of Revy due to his middle name....which he will not mention it a lot....
> He is the "leader" or rather the crazy guy doing all the planning
> Cloudcuckoolander (Informed ability: His crazy antic is not always an act...)

Joan
> Joan is the fool who end up being dragged in Nemo's zany plot.....
> Have elements Ditz hence can be Gullible
> Not really stupid just slower in the head than others.....
> Kind of sane.... take over the role when the sane guy is not around.

Edelweiss
> The normal person
> Play the sane man to the trio
> Not above all is the only crack in his flawlessness...

IS in the universe is the Spanner in the work..... for all other organization's plot....

Extreme Shift will be in the story. Ichika is the first person in the story to get it but... in universe, he is the second one.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:54   Link #33470
Eratas123

@ Box - Then why does Ichika make heavy lunges and can't change directions mid swing? The IS aren't invincible, just strong. Chifuyu could probably do it one-handed, but we both know the average and even trained joe can't.

Besides, these things obviously have weight considering the whole "Light type, medium type, heavy type" classifications.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:56   Link #33471
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ Wholeheartedly agree

Weight is even more plot important in TLR Stratos since some people doesn't limit the design to 'vaguely humanoid 2.5 m tall exoskeleton'.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:58   Link #33472
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Box - Then why does Ichika make heavy lunges and can't change directions mid swing? The IS aren't invincible, just strong. Chifuyu could probably do it one-handed, but we both know the average and even trained joe can't.

Besides, these things obviously have weight considering the whole "Light type, medium type, heavy type" classifications.
And despite that you know what's funny? That Izuru never really bothered to say anything about Ichika making 'heavy lunges'.

Changing the direction while swinging? Is Ichika supposed to be some kind of genius now?

Besides, isn't Yukihira mostly hollow? When it isn't it's just a beam sabre with a big handle. No problem.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:59   Link #33473
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Oh, BTW, Yukihira is 1.65 m, I.S. Katana is 1.8 m, just saying. I can give size comparison if someone interested.
Not really the height I'm worried about. More like the balance of weight... Either it's just me or the Yukihara seems to sport a bigger blade and smaller hilt, which means heavy on the frontside, whereas the katana is pretty much streamlined hence the weight is somewhat equally distributed across the weapon.

I may be wrong though, memory's fuzzy after an overnight duty. Speaking of which, is Tsurugi being a wee bit too rage-y in the previous scene I posted?

@Box
It's hollow? Wouldn't that mean that it'll shatter if it hits something stronger at great speeds? Without any/with minimal internal structure support and all.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:01   Link #33474
demino_hellsin
That one guy

because swinging down swords or sticks isn't like punching out. Pulling back your punch will hurt your shoulder from the force recoil. Stopping midswing will snap your wrist. Why can't he make slashes with more finesse? More size than weight problem I'm guessing. Also, since he's in midflight most of the time he does those lunging strikes, it's not like he has a solid base to counter the sword swing's momentum.

Also, the Yukihira in itself isn't supposed to be built as a physical blade so I doubt its weight can match the Uchigane sword.

Assumptions I used.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:04   Link #33475
Eratas123

Yes, ignore the anime where he makes heavy lunges and strikes. I'm sure he was just dual wielding those scenes.

If the sword is weightless, then why couldn't he change mid-swing? An average person can change badminton rackets mid-swing, and that's because it's lightweight.

Anyway, there's one constant fact: They're on earth. No magical shield or whatever is going to exempt them from gravity. If there's gravity, there's weight. No gravity and they wouldn't even need thrusters to float.

Besides, Izuru doesn't say a lot of things. Isn't that why we're all here?:/

Anyway, I'm going to sleep soon. Like before, you keep your opinions and I keep mine before we start sniping at each other. I just gave advice, take it or don't, but don't bother arguing with me about it. If you think I'm wrong, then I'm wrong.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:07   Link #33476
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, I did listed Yukihira as tad bit heavier than the Katana due to the required reinforcing system on transforming option in every fanon stat. Actually, Yukihira has the the front end of it's hilt (near the blade) as the thicker part. Which is a good design for slashing weapon in general.

Considering Inami's injury? She looks normal compared to what if same thing happen to Ichika, and how the some of his harem will react.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:08   Link #33477
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Technically he started dual wielding when he got Setsura... I think.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:11   Link #33478
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, it's like ye olde Sword and buckler. Except the buckler is giant-ass claw.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:12   Link #33479
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Well, I did listed Yukihira as tad bit heavier than the Katana due to the required reinforcing system on transforming option (the fold out armor is incomplete after all) in every fanon stat. Actually, Yukihira has the the front end of it's hilt (near the blade) as the thicker part. Which is a good design for slashing weapon in general.
Oh... Then again, I've always thought things with transforming mechanisms tend to have weaker structural integrity.

Quote:
Considering Inami's injury? She looks normal compared to what if same thing happen to Ichika, and how the some of his harem will react.
Which brings us to the next question; Given his injury, would half a week be a decent coma duration? Granted that he survives.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:12   Link #33480
Eratas123

No, his listed weapons are: Beam Cannon, Yukihira, and Energy claw. he rarely uses the last one. in fsact, I don't even recall him using it. Would've helped against Autumn immenssely.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest