AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-06-09, 06:06   Link #141
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the biggest problem i had with negima is after the library arc it was pure garbage.

most of the character's personalities were changed. asuna went from a strong fighter support for negi, to a weak girl he needed to protect that suddenly couldnt support herself though she had been all her life.
the kiss pact was ingnored for the whole series till the end and all the girls just outright kiss him. that is retarded.

konoha's story was not expanded on. we find out shes a great magic user then... then nothing. not enough chachamaru action in the 2nd half and evangeline story was left aside also. basically after episode 12 it was all worthless filler with nothing on top.

time travel is ok, but the way they did it was senseless and had no point. there was NO point for them to go back in time other than to see negi's father disappear.

personally, there is no need to compare the manga and anime. they both PHAIL. this is a series that COULD have been greatness.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 11:00   Link #142
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I'm trying to understand if you're saying you dislike the manga as well as the anime.
Old 2006-06-09, 11:25   Link #143
JanthraX^
Ace Archer

there was a point for the time travel, so negi could attend all the dates with his students.
JanthraX^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-09, 12:56   Link #144
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

All of Potato's negative points were for the anime (and I agree with with them). I'm not sure how he thinks the manga fails.

The manga *is* a bit messy, convoluted plot-wise and may suffer a bit because it keeps switching around from action to romance to magic to thriller to .... which might be hard for folks used to simpler plotlines. But then, the same could be said for many other stories outside of manga (Harry Potter *cough*).

So far time travel in the manga has been used for "useful" reasons (to help Negi keep his commitments (Hermione *cough*)). I did find some of the tournament fight sequences hard to make sense of - I don't think Ken is all that great at storyboarding fight sequences though each frame may be well drawn.

But we're mixing the manga and anime here..... this thread should stick to the anime(s).
Old 2006-06-16, 19:37   Link #145
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Rewatching the series, and still my opinion on how much i love it to bits hasen't changed at all.

Of course i'm following the manga, & i understand that the story path in the manga's a lot more welldone - its just with the wonderful music & seiyuu work, they bring what happens alive in the anime, mainly for what happens to Asuna at the end.

On the subject of the new Negima series: It shall be amazing when arriving this fall, but it'll never beat how much the first series means to me. ^^

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-06-16 at 19:50.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-17, 00:17   Link #146
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Likewise, loved the music and voice actress work (I've a number of the character CDs) but the animation quality ... ... ... and I *really* was unhappy with the mess they made of the climax and the ending episode --- and this was before I'd even read the manga (I'm even okay with the *idea* they had for the ending ... but by then the animation team was in disaster recovery mode after the first animation team had botched up and been replaced and there wasn't enough time budget to do the battle sequence properly).

ah well... there's a few episodes and pieces I like ... especially ep 19.
And it seems to have done well enough profit wise to green light another season.
Old 2006-06-17, 07:50   Link #147
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah, the animation did go down a lil' in some episodes - but then again i'm a person who doesn't get bothered by that at all. Its not like i'm watching a series just for the animation.

Anyway, its been said that the DVD version of the series won't have any failure that the series has when airing, can't wait to see what they've done to it.
Old 2006-06-17, 11:56   Link #148
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I finally watched the last 6 episodes of Negima last night, and I have to admit, the last two episodes were like,"WTF?"

I need to start reading the manga, as I've heard it's quite a bit better than the anime.

Also hoping the newe series doesn't fall into the trap the first one did.
Old 2006-06-17, 18:06   Link #149
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
I need to start reading the manga, as I've heard it's quite a bit better than the anime.
Believe me when i say you'll be surprised.
Old 2006-06-29, 11:19   Link #150
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Did anyone ever get the 4th disk of Sunabozu (Desert Punk).

When I put it in, I was surprised to see a 2 minute preview of NEGIMA!

Negi has a british voice and so does Ayaka (I think). I'm not sure what to think of it but since it is from Funi, the dub has to be good.

I wonder if they redid the song? Funi does things like that.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 20:29   Link #151
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I heard about the mini preview, but if its just a dub preview.. then i'm happy i haven't seen it. ^^;
Old 2006-06-29, 21:59   Link #152
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Rewatching the series, and still my opinion on how much i love it to bits hasen't changed at all.

Of course i'm following the manga, & i understand that the story path in the manga's a lot more welldone - its just with the wonderful music & seiyuu work, they bring what happens alive in the anime, mainly for what happens to Asuna at the end.

On the subject of the new Negima series: It shall be amazing when arriving this fall, but it'll never beat how much the first series means to me. ^^
wow angelsama your like the only person i know who likes the series...most ppl think its garbage (which might be a bit true) but never the less i loved the series and the comedy in general...also its the first anime that actually made me cry...*remembers asuna's death/funeral scene* it was awfully depressing and like most ppl the ending also gave me the WTF factor...had me scratching my scalp to the point of bleeding definatly gona watch the new series ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 22:12   Link #153
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
wow angelsama your like the only person i know who likes the series...most ppl think its garbage
Naah, i'm not the only one. But still, i love this anime for many reasons & i always shall.
Old 2006-06-29, 22:28   Link #154
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have a love/hate thing about the series so I can partially sympathize with Angelsama. There were some very good elements, pieces, and bits in the series.... and there were some simply awful aspects. However it led up to it, the reactions of the characters to the funeral seemed very real (especially the range and variety) .... whatever I think of the overall arc.
Some very well cast voices.... and ep 19 struck a homerun for me.
Old 2006-06-30, 03:05   Link #155
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
i thought this anime was nice personally i dont mind fillers as long as they hold my attention, i love when fillers come in because you get to learn about all the characters. Now theres a limit to that, which thankfully this anime has yet to reach. I thought the ending was really nice, but left me with the "i want more" thing.

So if possible could someone point out details on the supposed new series? kinda got my hopes up there guys ^_^;;
Old 2006-06-30, 03:45   Link #156
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There are two OVA specials that we've not gotten hold of yet - not released yet. And there's a second season announced starting in September(?). and done by the Pani Poni Dash team. There's some art differences and we suspect the animation will be many times better than the massive screwups that Xebec gave us in the first season. But what everyone is really got their fingers crossed for is a story that isn't screwed up as the one Xebec pulled in season one.

I think most everyone *wants* this to succeed because we like the premise, the character designs, etc.
Old 2006-06-30, 07:07   Link #157
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
wow angelsama your like the only person i know who likes the series.
No he's not, most people who liked it stopped coming around this forum long ago though. It's silly to show up to discuss something only to have five or six random people show up and bash you for liking it.

I've already preordered the first two volumes of the anime series ... so I guess I'd make the second.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelsama
If you look up, i actually said i wasen't.
Yeah, I know. But I thought I'd provide another POV on it, especially since "I" liked it as well.

EDIT 2: I'm also looking forward to the new series. If they do end up starting all over again, has that ever happened before?
Old 2006-06-30, 07:08   Link #158
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

As for the new series, yeah i'm very much looking forward to it - if its gonna carry on from the first, or tell the story all over again, either way - i'm getting more Negima.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
No he's not
If you look up, i actually said i wasen't.
Old 2006-06-30, 18:57   Link #159
bboy_ating
OniBaku of Group Shonan

Send a message via Yahoo to bboy_ating
just want to know

hi i am completely new to this negima series and i have just finished watching the season 1 about 2 days ago. the conclusion thingy with asuna and all was very confusing and weird way to end. and the thing i just wanted to know is that how can i watch the OVA specials? the spring and summer specials..plz tell me. thank you
bboy_ating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 19:02   Link #160
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spring & Summer specials?

Sorry, but there's isn't a such thing.