AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-24, 16:05   Link #25441
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
Expect the novel to be translated fully in a week or even less.

js06 is our God.
Again, depends on the size of the book.

The only way he can translate it in one week is if it's super thin.
Old 2013-04-24, 16:22   Link #25442
Rovert10

Okay I overexagerate but he's still really damn fast.
Old 2013-04-24, 16:26   Link #25443
Shinhwa
Banned

Can't wait for NT7 lolz XD
Old 2013-04-24, 16:27   Link #25444
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
^ No, because we have an Angel level translator with us.
Then, what would a DRAGON-Level translator be capable of?
Old 2013-04-24, 16:53   Link #25445
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
Then, what would a DRAGON-Level translator be capable of?
I was kind of assaulted by slumber when I wrote that and ... I still am (so I'm not really sure what the hell has gone through my mind when I wrote that).
But I'll use my remaining processing ability to say : there was a 16 year old guy who was arrested for uploading a french translation of Harry Potter's last volume before the official one actually came out. He had a few friends to help him + English-to-french is easier but ... it's was still amazing since their translation was pro level quality and came out super fast ... and also Harry Potter is pretty thick.
And by DRAGON, I hope you meant Aiwass and not the one in the Bible ...
Old 2013-04-25, 05:02   Link #25446
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I was kind of assaulted by slumber when I wrote that and ... I still am (so I'm not really sure what the hell has gone through my mind when I wrote that).
But I'll use my remaining processing ability to say : there was a 16 year old guy who was arrested for uploading a french translation of Harry Potter's last volume before the official one actually came out. He had a few friends to help him + English-to-french is easier but ... it's was still amazing since their translation was pro level quality and came out super fast ... and also Harry Potter is pretty thick.
And by DRAGON, I hope you meant Aiwass and not the one in the Bible ...
I applaud that 16 years old (atthe time) dude.

About DRAGON, yes, I'm refering to Aiwass, although I still believe that The Invisible Thing is in fact the DRAGON from the bible (and at the same time the fallen one) and its appearance is some sort of corruption.
Old 2013-04-25, 05:33   Link #25447
tsunade666

^I don't think so because if its the dragon in the bible then Fiamma won't have problem defeating it. With his holy right. There is no devil or evil that he can't vanquish.

For me the invinsible thing is not evil yet not good too.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:26   Link #25448
ProvidenceBreaker

So we know Academy City actively regulates esper levels. Is it possible they are also actively suppressing those that might be deemed too dangerous to reach higher levels? I never really considered it until I saw people speculating on how insane Uiharu's ability would be if developed further. Also Tsuchimikado's auto-rebirth would obviously make him a problem if it were stabilized at any level above zero. Assuming those actually are their abilities. Motoharu is a liar and who knows if Kamachi signed off on thermal hand. When people bring up the Parameter List stuff they never seem to look at it from this kind of angle.
Old 2013-04-25, 08:27   Link #25449
FiveOVER
Daydreamer

I'd say it's Kamachi.exe level, or maybe js06.exe?
Old 2013-04-25, 08:46   Link #25450
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProvidenceBreaker View Post
So we know Academy City actively regulates esper levels. Is it possible they are also actively suppressing those that might be deemed too dangerous to reach higher levels? I never really considered it until I saw people speculating on how insane Uiharu's ability would be if developed further. Also Tsuchimikado's auto-rebirth would obviously make him a problem if it were stabilized at any level above zero. Assuming those actually are their abilities. Motoharu is a liar and who knows if Kamachi signed off on thermal hand. When people bring up the Parameter List stuff they never seem to look at it from this kind of angle.
There are a lot of people with crazy abilities, just look at Accelerator or Misaki.
Magicians are even more crazier. So I don't think they really care if it is dangerous or not.
Maybe, but really maybe, abilities like radiation would be too dangerous, because they would always emit it.

I am more interested if it is possible for espers to actually get a better score at the parameter list the NORMAL WAY.
In a sense that AC would continue their curriculum.
Because they always get stuck at some level and unless AC helps them with some crazy stuff, that's it for them.
Old 2013-04-25, 12:56   Link #25451
leukrota

Quote:
I honestly doubt it. Just consider the nature of the "Kiharas", do you think those mad scientists would pass on a chance to develop crazy powers just cause it could be dangerous?

Also remember that, putting whatever Aleister is planning aside, AC develops espers in order to study them and create technology based on their abilities. Barring them from developing those abilities would be counterproductive for this core objective.
Old 2013-04-25, 15:48   Link #25452
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Suppress people who are too dangerous? Nah, I'm pretty sure that Alesiter wants as many strong espers as he can.

Look at the current level 5s. They only think of these selves and of people close to them, they are dangerous, unpredictable and have unstable personalities.
Old 2013-04-25, 16:17   Link #25453
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Suppress people who are too dangerous? Nah, I'm pretty sure that Alesiter wants as many strong espers as he can.

Look at the current level 5s. They only think of these selves and of people close to them, they are dangerous, unpredictable and have unstable personalities.
Unstable maybe but not unpredictable. They are the more controlled espers within Aleister's expectations.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:22   Link #25454
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Not sure if it was posted or not, but j06 mentioned there are several Parody SS, that weren't scanned nor translated yet.
somehow I find the idea great that it will take 201 novels to get to Toma's graduation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I honestly doubt it. Just consider the nature of the "Kiharas", do you think those mad scientists would pass on a chance to develop crazy powers just cause it could be dangerous?

Also remember that, putting whatever Aleister is planning aside, AC develops espers in order to study them and create technology based on their abilities. Barring them from developing those abilities would be counterproductive for this core objective.
Random Kihara 1 : Want to help me develop some dangerous powers?

Random Kihara 2 : No, for I am already developing some dangerous and stupid powers that could be turn against me, muhahaha.

Random Kihara 3 : fools I have already developed some one with dangerous and stupid powers made them as unstable as I could and dropped them off downtown with a kick me sign taped to their back, only $2 in Philippine pesos, and told him to buy me a can of starbucks coffee.

Random Kiharas 1&2 : Ohh. good one.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.

Last edited by kagato3; 2013-04-25 at 21:44.
Old 2013-04-25, 21:48   Link #25455
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Aiwass i think is a manifestation of Akashic records http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records and the the invisible thing is connected one way or another.

as for IB [ Imagine breaker ] and why it's only limited to Touma's right hand many speculate because the rest of IB abilities are used to seal/ containment the [invisible thing] which is something that above the aeon of osiris
Old 2013-04-25, 21:50   Link #25456
Haigon

Aiwass is a deity on Aleister's Thelema
Old 2013-04-25, 22:01   Link #25457
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

basically Aiwass is an entity likes to troll alesister which in turn like to troll everyone it a cycle thought the LN
Old 2013-04-25, 22:30   Link #25458
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Oh, we're back to discussing trolling, nice.

Actually, since Aiwass apparently doesn't like to be summoned, it's more like Aleister trolls him, then Aiwass trolls back.
Old 2013-04-25, 22:51   Link #25459
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

honesty Kimachi .exe the undefeated troll of east is aiming to be the undefeated troll of the multi verse [ just check railgun raws ] and NT 7 is around the corner .... MASSIVE TROLL ALERT [ it a became a MEME of it own]
Old 2013-04-26, 03:39   Link #25460
desrtsku
Nympholept

Nah, the undefeated troll of the east is Kubo.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen