AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-11-04, 15:37   Link #181
neshru

I actually kind of liked the last trailer. The CG still doesn't blend perfectly with the 2D stuff, but it didn't look nearly as bad as some stuff we've seen before. I was actually more disappointed by the hand drawn stuff, the animation looks pretty limited overall. At least the drawings are pretty.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-04, 16:07   Link #182
ZODDGUTS

The CGI doesn't blend well with the 2D animation. It sticks out like a sore thumb. After seeing REDLINE, I wish Berserk was all 2D animation.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 13:54   Link #183
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just saw the trailer now and thought it was amazing. But the thing is, I don't know anything about Berserk. I've not seen the previous anime nor watched the manga. Do you guys think I could watch these films without having to?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 14:53   Link #184
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I just saw the trailer now and thought it was amazing. But the thing is, I don't know anything about Berserk. I've not seen the previous anime nor watched the manga. Do you guys think I could watch these films without having to?
Its will be like watching Fate/Zero without F/SN experience before.

You don't need to watch the old anime btw, but that's the case with manga.
Old 2011-11-06, 15:01   Link #185
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
Its will be like watching Fate/Zero without F/SN experience before.
Um, not exactly. This movie will cover exactly the same as the first anime, so it's hardly a prequel. As for the manga, it does start off with an arc which precedes the one the movie will cover, but it's really short and takes place afterwards chronologically, so it's no big deal. Well, I guess in that sense it can be compared to watching F/Z before F/SN, but I believe most people who've read the manga got introduced to the series through the anime first anyway, and still enjoyed the manga regardless.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 19:46   Link #186
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's a bit hard to tell at this point, but the adaptation is probably going to go in chronological order, and the movies are going to cover the main character's back story so it should be easy to follow. Plus, the movies are looking to be more faithful to the manga so some plot points that the previous anime didn't explain very well or omitted should be clearer here.

The original manga and the first anime TV series to a lesser extent start chronologically after the time period the movies are going to cover before launching into a long flashback explaining the main character's back story and motivations; it's much more interesting than it sounds and the long flashback is arguably when the series starts to become great.

So I think you should be able to follow the movies without having read the manga though again, the movies aren't out yet so I can't say this with absolute certainty.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 09:17   Link #187
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Thanks for the info guys.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-22, 01:19   Link #188
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Berserk Anime's 2nd, 3rd Films to Open in 2012
Old 2012-01-15, 21:25   Link #189
ukulelembo
Detective

ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-16, 05:23   Link #190
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Blood. Blood! BLOOD!

When are the DVD/Blu-ray be out?
Old 2012-01-16, 19:59   Link #191
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Damn why did they have to make battles in CG. Shits looks freaking pathetic.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 00:32   Link #192
Belial13

didn't think i mind the CG that much, but in a full sequence you can see how much it sucks, 1:40 is laughable .. hope it will be changed by the time it is released tho i doubt it

Last edited by Belial13; 2012-01-18 at 00:32.
Belial13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 22:48   Link #193
SSJBeastmode

I'm obviously going to watch this, but I don't understand how they couldn't of at least made it look more like the original anime. Evangelion was made before Berserk, yet in their movies they made it look the same, just with more high end quality. If they made it more similar to the original, my purchase would of been basically guaranteed. Oh btw, is there even a current NA company that actually licenses berserk currently? Or are we gonna have spend 50+ bucks on this?
SSJBeastmode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 00:13   Link #194
Vena
Carpe Diem

Some parts of the CGI look very good, others not so much. Some tweaks here and there would make it look absolutely fine. Its unusual, I'll admit, as I'm so used to seeing more hand drawn vs. CGI, but I do not think it is ugly so much as it is strange for what I am used to seeing. (Though some parts are pretty bad. )
Old 2012-01-18, 12:39   Link #195
kitten320

It is really weird on how much CG is used there, almost every scene! Does anyone know the reason behind it? Cheaper?
Old 2012-01-18, 14:51   Link #196
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

And waaay easier then actually drawing everything. Backgrounds and moving scenery are normal. I wouldn't have mind CG horses either. But pretty much every battle we've seen so far has been CG.
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 23:24   Link #197
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial13 View Post
didn't think i mind the CG that much, but in a full sequence you can see how much it sucks, 1:40 is laughable .. hope it will be changed by the time it is released tho i doubt it

That is borderline blasphemous. Ugh, it looks so damn bad...
Old 2012-01-22, 14:16   Link #198
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haohmaru View Post
And waaay easier then actually drawing everything. Backgrounds and moving scenery are normal. I wouldn't have mind CG horses either. But pretty much every battle we've seen so far has been CG.
Just horses would be fine but battles? That just... I don't know...
Would look much better if they had created a fully computerized movie like Tekken or something.
Old 2012-01-25, 12:36   Link #199
ukulelembo
Detective

ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-25, 16:57   Link #200
Vicious108

Yuki Kaji makes for a pretty good Judeau, as expected. I'll still kinda miss Akira Ishida, but yeah.

As for the trailer it did manage to give me a few goosebumps by reminding me of how epic the Golden Age arc is, but I must say the "too much CG" complaint persists. And I don't usually notice it all that much, but it's just too damn often and blatantly used here.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, berserk, seinen