Notices

Old 2008-07-15, 02:52   Link #21
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
New Video highlighting the Empire of the Rising Sun's units:

Video Link
Well... I think EA watched too many animes before designing Empire of the rising sun units. Mecha tengu/Jet Tengu reminds me of Macross (was it??) hehe.
King Oni is... disgusting... too simple and cheap. It's like a retired rugby player turned into a gigant robot with laser eyes .

However, I may get the game just to hear the new complete version of "Hell's March" in action! I really love that song.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 03:09   Link #22
Arceon
Rediscovered
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Arceon
Man, EA seems to have a mindset that Japan is loaded with transformable and multi-purpose vehicles.

The Mecha/Jet Tengu (HEY MACROSS!), Tsunami Tank, Sea/Sky Wing. Though, they would be fun to use I admit. . .

Also, please don't tell me I'm the only one who thinks the Sea/Sky Wing looks like something out of Ultraman. Honestly, I don't know why, but I just have this feeling it would somehow it would, just somehow.
Old 2008-07-15, 03:23   Link #23
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

I think, it will be great. It's really just like RA2. That's all.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:03   Link #24
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Are there any pics of the Rocket Angels and psychic schoolgirl Yuriko? They are definitely straight out of anime lol, Rocket/Sky Girls and Zettai Karen Children.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:29   Link #25
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Are there any pics of the Rocket Angels and psychic schoolgirl Yuriko? They are definitely straight out of anime lol, Rocket/Sky Girls and Zettai Karen Children.

Where'd you get the names for these units? I've been trying to find more info on them for quite sometime.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 04:37   Link #26
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:

Where'd you get the names for these units? I've been trying to find more info on them for quite sometime.
There you go:
http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/info/ra3_allied
http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/info/ra3_soviet
http://commandandconquer.filefront.com/info/ra3_empire

I couldn't find pics of individual units though. I'm terribly interested in the Empire, especially the girls and their variable fighters.

And Yuriko = genderbent Yuri LOL

Old 2008-07-15, 04:58   Link #27
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

SWEET INFO! Thanks

So I googled Yuriko Omega... and I found who the actress is gonna be:

Lisa Tamashiro

... I must say, she's the best looking of the C&C Heroes I've seen

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-15, 05:10   Link #28
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Lisa looks pretty good, but she may be a little too mature for a sailor fuku lol

And from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1198194/, Minae Noji seems like a veteran, meaning Rocket Angels are probably not really Rocket Girls

Old 2008-07-16, 01:18   Link #29
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
And Yuriko = genderbent Yuri LOL
Yuri from "Yuri's Revenge"? He looked crazy enough with that look . Lisa Tamayiro is going to have a hard time acting as a twisted anime school girl (looking forward to the japanese school uniform ), who was supposedly used a lab rat.
Maybe EA is trying to compensate for the number of available teams in RA. Yuri's team was a good addition to RA. It was craeative/original and somehow followed the RA story. The empire, so far, looks like a new experimental toy for the C&C universe. I wonder how will they introduce the empire. "While the allies and soviets fought among themselves, we blablabla prepared for battle" sound just ridiculous (another crazy leader looking for world domination?). They'll need a good one to satisfy fans I guess...
Old 2008-07-16, 02:18   Link #30
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I have to say I did laugh when I read about Yuriko. But still it'll probably be amusing. Little psychic school girls of mass destruction are always good for a laugh, cept in something like FEAR.

I'm curious as to what the hell the Allies superweapon is, Proton Collider? lols gigantic cannon of pwn? The Russian one was kinda funny, lets drop space debris on people.
Old 2008-07-16, 02:46   Link #31
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Its A Gundam!

this game is going to be lulz

i kind of liked c&c3 but only because rushing was fun
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-16, 03:01   Link #32
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
SWEET INFO! Thanks

So I googled Yuriko Omega... and I found who the actress is gonna be:

Lisa Tamashiro

... I must say, she's the best looking of the C&C Heroes I've seen
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDB
Lisa was raised on a cul-de-sac in San Francisco with 7 cats and an outgoing golden retriever.
I lol'd at this.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-21, 00:40   Link #33
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Well, here's the schoolgirl everyone's been waiting for.
Old 2008-07-21, 01:14   Link #34
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

lol, she looks like a 35 year old women in a school girl outfit.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 13:37   Link #35
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

So yuriko = school girl mixed with Jean Grey?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 14:55   Link #36
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Yeah, something like that.

I question her usefulness compared to King Oni though.
She uses the same animation to destroy tanks and infantry--that is, she picks it up slowly. It's a long animation, and she's vulnerable while doing it.
Old 2008-07-22, 17:07   Link #37
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
But Jean Grey would look better in a school girl outfit .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Yeah, something like that.

I question her usefulness compared to King Oni though.
She uses the same animation to destroy tanks and infantry--that is, she picks it up slowly. It's a long animation, and she's vulnerable while doing it.
I question her usefulness compared to almost every unit. She may be a really strong unit but her price can't be elevated, since I forsee her dying short after trained hehe. She can be useful against ONE really strong tank like the apocalypse or the kirov airship (correct me if I'm wrong, she can take down air units), but C&C was never about small atack units, it is about massive combat with hundreds of of tanks/soldiers running on the battlefield (I like rushing ). So, against many, she loses her advantage. Yuri >>>> Yuri clones >>>> Yuriko

Does somebody else find weird the way drones take off from the allied aircraft carrier? (watch it)
Old 2008-07-22, 17:24   Link #38
Papaya
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
But Jean Grey would look better in a school girl outfit .

I question her usefulness compared to almost every unit. She may be a really strong unit but her price can't be elevated, since I forsee her dying short after trained hehe. She can be useful against ONE really strong tank like the apocalypse or the kirov airship (correct me if I'm wrong, she can take down air units), but C&C was never about small atack units, it is about massive combat with hundreds of of tanks/soldiers running on the battlefield (I like rushing ). So, against many, she loses her advantage. Yuri >>>> Yuri clones >>>> Yuriko

Does somebody else find weird the way drones take off from the allied aircraft carrier? (watch it)
Actually, RA3 is going to be significantly different from other CNC games. The economy is very tightly gated this time around--there will be no way to ecospam unless you have complete map control. This means that the game will be more like Warcraft III than Starcraft. There will be greater unit usability and more focus on smaller, micro-intensive battles instead of T1 tank macro.

Of course, the CNC series has always used very severe hard counters, so yes, that still does minimize the usability of commando units. And no, Yuriko cannot attack air! Generals and Zero Hour had incredibly useful commandos who could single-handedly turn a game around, but they were cloaked.

And yes, regarding the carrier. There's a runway but nothing uses it. It's stupid, just like a lot of the RA3 designs. EA does stupid things like this.
Old 2008-07-22, 18:30   Link #39
KBTKaiser

To my knowledge, I don't think any commando in the C&C series ever had AA capabilities or at least decent ones...
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-22, 20:39   Link #40
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Actually, RA3 is going to be significantly different from other CNC games. The economy is very tightly gated this time around--there will be no way to ecospam unless you have complete map control. This means that the game will be more like Warcraft III than Starcraft. There will be greater unit usability and more focus on smaller, micro-intensive battles instead of T1 tank macro.

Of course, the CNC series has always used very severe hard counters, so yes, that still does minimize the usability of commando units. And no, Yuriko cannot attack air! Generals and Zero Hour had incredibly useful commandos who could single-handedly turn a game around, but they were cloaked.

And yes, regarding the carrier. There's a runway but nothing uses it. It's stupid, just like a lot of the RA3 designs. EA does stupid things like this.
I won't discuss about the gameplay since I know nothing about it, but as for the AA commando Yuriko, I never make lies, I use someone else's lies hehe:

Quote:
The power of the mind -- Yuriko needs no conventional weapons, for her mind is more than enough. She may levitate and crush even the largest tank; topple even the most firmly-rooted structure; cast aside entire infantry platoons; and drag even the most stubborn aircraft down into the ground.
It's written here, at the bottom of the page. If EA says so, I believe them. It would be the firs AA commando in the C&C series.

EDIT: I've just seen that allies can build over the water... don't know what to think about this.

Last edited by Deadwings; 2008-07-22 at 21:10.