AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

Old 2009-01-20, 23:27   Link #201
meh

@Archmagination: Might want to add spoiler tags for things that aren't told in the anime yet. His past was only barely revealed so far in the 2 episodes.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 23:44   Link #202
Boduar

So far it looks like hes Superman but we havent even seen all the abilities from some of the characters shown in episode 1. Although hes strong theres nothing to say there arent others just as strong or stronger in the city. Most of the reaction was due to the fact that besides the president and his sister everyone was 100% sure he was an average guy if not a bit weaker. If a guy next to you just punched through a brick wall youd go holy shit too. Also whoever talk about how weak the city was compared to Grendan im guessing thats due to anyone who is strong is only there for 6 years then moves whereas in Grendan the "bird in a cage" analogy holds true and anyone they find that is super strong stays.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 23:48   Link #203
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
If a guy next to you just punched through a brick wall youd go holy shit too.
No...

...I'd just run.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 00:28   Link #204
herbert

I don't get why so many ppl feel hard to understand why Felli sends info. about Nina to Layfon and at same time she is angered because he takes actions.

The reason she inform Layfon is the same with the reason why she never fake info. to her teammates. She draws a line here that she uses as much power as an average nen-i controller possesses. She does her job as good as she can under that power cap, making anyone think that is the best they can ask from her. The rule of that mock battle is that platoon 17 would lose if Nina is beaten, it's her duty to inform rest of the platoon about Nina's condition, and it's within her power to fulfill that duty. Not informing, it's her fault if they lose, and she would be questioned.

Above is why I think she informs Layfon. She expects Layfon does what he has done in his fight with Nina. She expects him to do I-knew-you-were-in-trouble-but-I-was-too-far-away-so-I-couldn't-come-to-help.
Old 2009-01-21, 01:50   Link #205
Ishe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
So far it looks like hes Superman but we havent even seen all the abilities from some of the characters shown in episode 1. Although hes strong theres nothing to say there arent others just as strong or stronger in the city. Most of the reaction was due to the fact that besides the president and his sister everyone was 100% sure he was an average guy if not a bit weaker. If a guy next to you just punched through a brick wall youd go holy shit too. Also whoever talk about how weak the city was compared to Grendan im guessing thats due to anyone who is strong is only there for 6 years then moves whereas in Grendan the "bird in a cage" analogy holds true and anyone they find that is super strong stays.
I doubt anyone in that particular city is anywhere within sight of his powers. If they were, then they wouldn't be losing for 2 straight years. Also, based on the fight he had years prior, I would say he didn't even use a fraction of his true powers even when he did use more power. He seemed to still be holding back quite a bit.
Ishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 08:58   Link #206
TrueKnight

Hmm I kinda agree its too early judging that Layfon's the only top dog in Zenri, I mean we haven't seen all the rest of Zenri City's squads in action yet so we have to wait and see. But nevertheless, the head Military Arts dude looked amazed at Layfon's display of strength, thats gotta mean something i.e 'zomg the guy's broken' and Layfon also beat the 16th Platoon who manage to get close to other city's opposition flag years earlier without breaking a sweat.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 09:34   Link #207
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

During the opening ceremony in ep 1,there were two ppl (one of it was a student from Military Arts) that seems to know about Layfon's real name,which might hinted that those same person may knew about Layfon's true identity.But so far i think that Layfon MIGHT be the strongest among all the students in Zuellni (according to the name written on their badge) city.

Spoiler for Might be a spoiler...who knows.:

Anyway as for the character naming,i kinda amused that there are so many versions of the character's name,like for example,レイフォン・アルセイフ (reifon aruseifu) becomes Rayfon,Leifon,Layfon..while フェリ・ロス (feri rosu) becomes Fellie,Felli,Feri,and even Fairy/Fairie.Not even the main site put the western romanization of the name..but i guess i prefer Layfon and Fairy (coz she really looks like a fairy).
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 10:03   Link #208
zibi88

I looked at official website and there are few images of ep3
Spoiler for about ep3:
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 10:21   Link #209
jennkei
Screenshot Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Anyway as for the character naming,i kinda amused that there are so many versions of the character's name,like for example,レイフォン・アルセイフ (reifon aruseifu) becomes Rayfon,Leifon,Layfon..while フェリ・ロス (feri rosu) becomes Fellie,Felli,Feri,and even Fairy/Fairie.Not even the main site put the western romanization of the name..but i guess i prefer Layfon and Fairy (coz she really looks like a fairy).
I believe a scene in the first episode (towards the end) has a kind of register/list for people in Platoon 17...moment while I pull out what I noted down on my ep review. "Layfon Alseif......One thing — the characters do have strange names. ._. Felli Loss? Sharnid Elipton? Nina Antalk? (Harley Sutton is pretty normal. XD)" I -am- surprised they don't mention it on the site, though.
jennkei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 10:38   Link #210
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I understand that Layfon was forced and tricked into the situation that hes in now. I sympathize with him greatly because he just wanted a normal school life. But things dont always go as planned and what separates men from the boys is how coup and adapt to your situation.

But his actions during the fight pissed me the hell off. Just because you dont want to be there does not mean you put your comrades at risk because it doesnt interest you. "Its ok to lose" NO its not ok to lose because your comrades are working their assess off to win but you held back. The battle could have ended quickly and Nina might have taken less damage. You dont prolong a battle it only leads to more casualties and only when Felli shared her thoughts and it looked like she was going to be taken out did he act. I honestly think Felli and Nina have every right to be pissed off at Layfon.

He needs to understand the situation that hes in NOW not whine about what he does not want to do. The reality is he is in the military arts program and from what i see there is no way out. If he wants to feel dejected about him situation so be in but in battle he better fight to his fullest and move his ass.

Felli words "Traitor" were harsh but i felt accurately described what she was feeling.

Good episode although the fight music once again makes me want to tear my ears off and set them a blaze to protect my high brain functions from degrading from those high pitched repetitive synthesizer notes.
Old 2009-01-21, 10:56   Link #211
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
But his actions during the fight pissed me the hell off. Just because you dont want to be there does not mean you put your comrades at risk because it doesnt interest you. "Its ok to lose" NO its not ok to lose because your comrades are working their assess off to win but you held back. The battle could have ended quickly and Nina might have taken less damage. You dont prolong a battle it only leads to more casualties and only when Felli shared her thoughts and it looked like she was going to be taken out did he act. I honestly think Felli and Nina have every right to be pissed off at Layfon.

He needs to understand the situation that hes in NOW not whine about what he does not want to do. The reality is he is in the military arts program and from what i see there is no way out. If he wants to feel dejected about him situation so be in but in battle he better fight to his fullest and move his ass.

Felli words "Traitor" were harsh but i felt accurately described what she was feeling.
Dude I think that's a bit harsh. I mean Layfon didn't want to be in the team at the first place but he's pretty much gotten force into it by Nina and the prez. You gotta feel sorry for the guy, look at this way, his team aren't much of a help either except for Nina. The engineer is practically useless, the sniper is un-cooperative nincompoop and Felli also didn't want to give her best, intends on losing AND she wants Layfon do the same, yes eventhough it means seeing Nina being beaten badly by the tonfa guy. Layfon intends on losing at first, and seems like he's doing that provided his knowing his team won't be getting hurt, but after being transmitted with Felli's brainwave about Nina's situation he abandoned the thought and went GAR and Saiyajin saving Nina's ass.

Basically he's being hated by Felli for using his powers to save Nina but ended up also getting hated by her because he hid his powers from the first place, just because he wanted a normal life.
Old 2009-01-21, 11:06   Link #212
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Except Felli called him a traitor exactly because he used his powers to win the fight Felli is in the same boat as him - her powers are supposedly also off the charts, but she is holding herself back, just like Layfon did. She called him a traitor because he used his powers and thus breaking what she perceived as their "silent agreement" of not doing so. She indeed feels "betrayed", but for quite the opposite reasons
Old 2009-01-21, 11:33   Link #213
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I understand that Layfon was forced and tricked into the situation that hes in now. I sympathize with him greatly because he just wanted a normal school life. But things dont always go as planned and what separates men from the boys is how coup and adapt to your situation.

Good episode although the fight music once again makes me want to tear my ears off and set them a blaze to protect my high brain functions from degrading from those high pitched repetitive synthesizer notes.
You might want to wait a bit before judging him. Layfan's way of thinking is actually not the norm of what you'd expect from the "reluctant hero" archtype. It really explains why he has made so many seemingly contradictory decisions up to this point.

As for that particular fight, his logic was that because it wasn't a "real" fight, as there was supposedly nothing on the line, there was no reason for him to actually fight for real.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 11:43   Link #214
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh
his logic was that because it wasn't a "real" fight, as there was supposedly nothing on the line, there was no reason for him to actually fight for real.
Yea, if he's for 'real' then the tonfa captain would get anally raped like what Layfon did with the giant bug in Ep 01 back in his younger days lol.
Old 2009-01-21, 11:48   Link #215
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

From my understanding about Fairy

Spoiler for Fairy:

Oh yea...the frills on her uniform really turns me on

Last edited by margafred; 2009-01-21 at 12:03.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 12:03   Link #216
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred
Oh yea...the frills on her uniform really turns me on
Ditto, it was meant to be a service, for Christ's sake her combat uniform is in skirts and also have them frills. I'm pretty dang sure the animators did that on purpose.>_>

I bet the way they designs Nina is also intended to be a service too. While Mei was meant to be service in characterization (generic moe ftw).
Old 2009-01-21, 12:41   Link #217
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Dude I think that's a bit harsh. I mean Layfon didn't want to be in the team at the first place but he's pretty much gotten force into it by Nina and the prez. You gotta feel sorry for the guy, look at this way, his team aren't much of a help either except for Nina. The engineer is practically useless, the sniper is un-cooperative nincompoop and Felli also didn't want to give her best, intends on losing AND she wants Layfon do the same, yes eventhough it means seeing Nina being beaten badly by the tonfa guy. Layfon intends on losing at first, and seems like he's doing that provided his knowing his team won't be getting hurt, but after being transmitted with Felli's brainwave about Nina's situation he abandoned the thought and went GAR and Saiyajin saving Nina's ass.

Basically he's being hated by Felli for using his powers to save Nina but ended up also getting hated by her because he hid his powers from the first place, just because he wanted a normal life.
Yes i am being harsh im not judging his whole character just the actions and his thinking during this particular part. But i also stated that i sympathize with him. Indeed what has happened to him is not fair, its not what he intended to happen when he came to the school and everything has been forced on him i do feel sorry for him. But in a combat situation even if it was training one should not entertain the thoughts of "its ok to lose" im sorry but its wrong. Even in training exercises people get hurt or even killed you are only as strong as your weakest member not just physically but mentally as well. The sniper didn't do much and the mechanic is useless as you stated so who does that leave to back up Nina? She bore the brunt of the attacks because he was not really trying and had the mindset of losing. Nina asked the sniper to cover Layfon because Nina had a plan and it involved Layfon actually trying which didn't happen.

Even if hes reluctant in the new role that has been forced on him ( i cant blame him) not trying your hardest while you are watching someone get beaten while she is trying her hardest is wrong. Even if i didnt want to be there and i hated the situation i wont sit by and watch someone take on 3 to 4 people while being half assessed about my approach.

I do think Lyfon is a good guy and its unfortunet whats happen to him i do feel sorry for him and im sure his character will blossom with time. But in this one particular case Felli should not have had to relay Nina's thoughts to get him to try harder it should be a given in the situation thats my take on it.

Thanks for clearing up Felli's message Skyfall i understand it a bit better now. I see how in some cases great power can become a great burden i misinterpreted her words. But my position on Layfons actions stands.
Old 2009-01-21, 12:54   Link #218
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
Even if i didnt want to be there and i hated the situation i wont sit by and watch someone take on 3 to 4 people while being half assessed about my approach.
Dude, in the end Layfon saved her just like I stated earlier,

Quote:
Layfon intends on losing at first, and seems like he's doing that provided his knowing his team won't be getting hurt, but after being transmitted with Felli's brainwave about Nina's situation he abandoned the thought and went GAR and Saiyajin saving Nina's ass.
I find it a bit unfair to put all the blame on Layfon's but not on his team mates (yes, especially Felli unfortunately).

It's sad that I think in the future people would put all the burden in Layfon's hands just because he has exceptional powers. If there are any mistakes just because he's the strongest he's gonna get all the blame.
Old 2009-01-21, 13:11   Link #219
Cinocard

Well, there's two typical type of "hero", a weak ass that always fails to do anything but get compliment from girls for "trying his best' and one that is uber strong and do almost everything but always blamed for "you are not trying"

But Layfon did show that himself comes after his woman being harassed. And he went super Saiyan just because he was worried.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-21, 13:16   Link #220
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch episode 2 :

Well , it was great I like this anime ^^ Layfon can't hold back , well it was amazing !
But , in the beginning , i don't understand , Zuellni is in war with the other city or what ? They capture the flag yes but you can die too .
And in the end , why they are angry ? yes , its true , Layfon hide his power (but its still not his true power ) but Felly said he is a traitor wtf !Its not his fault at all . Poor Layfon !! Go kick their ass badly
Wait for the next ep !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, shounen