AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-03, 10:53   Link #961
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Interesting....

Kasuga: OH NOES I"M A TERRIBLE PERSON! EVERYONE HATES ME AND I"M A DEVIANT!

Saeki: EVEN THOUGH YOU DID GOD KNOWS WHAT TO MY GYM CLOTHES I STILL WANNA FUCK YOU ANYWAY!
Old 2013-06-03, 20:46   Link #962
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Interesting....

Kasuga: OH NOES I"M A TERRIBLE PERSON! EVERYONE HATES ME AND I"M A DEVIANT!

Saeki: EVEN THOUGH YOU DID GOD KNOWS WHAT TO MY GYM CLOTHES I STILL WANNA FUCK YOU ANYWAY!
LOL yeah I was thinking the same thing XD like what are you running away for

I glanced at some manga scans and I seriously wonder how this will end or if there will be a second season? Some people said this is crawling like a snail.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-03, 21:09   Link #963
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaden View Post
I'm pretty sure this was supposed to be curiosity, but it looks like contempt.
She looks confused and wondering to me.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 13:05   Link #964
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
She looks confused and wondering to me.
Same here, and I do think that was what she was supposed to portray.
Old 2013-06-04, 14:51   Link #965
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Are you talking about Saeki looking at the mother asking for Kasuga? I think she looked confused and curious.
Old 2013-06-09, 13:53   Link #966
ElMikkino

Episode 10 was a really pivotal episode, and it was great. We finally got to hear Kasuga say more than a couple words at once, and he really used them all of them well. He laid himself bare, though unfortunately for both Saeki and Nakamura, there wasn't much to lay bare. He isn't Nakamura's partner in crime; he isn't the cool, mysterious guy that Saeki fell in love with--he's just a teenager filled with angst who has no idea where he fits in the world, and he just blindly wishes that it's somewhere better than as a nobody in a small, boring town.

I wonder what would've happened if Saeki never passed by--was the blush on Kasuga's cheeks when he saw Nakamura's soaked-through clothes just embarrassment, or did he really have a thing for her?

I really am very excited for the next episode. Will who did the ransacking of the classroom come to the authority's light? Will it be because of Saeki? And if the police don't find out, what's next for the now self-aware Kasuga?

I really hope the hotel I'm staying in next weekend has internet...
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 18:49   Link #967
Ranmu

Kasuga feels he can't live up to the expectations of either Saeki or Nakamura because he's not virtuous enough for Saeki or a deviant like Nakamura. He feels they are above his station. The unfortunate thing is that Saeki was willing to forgive and accept him despite all of his faults/sins.

I'm just going by what I've seen and I'm sure people who have read the manga have a better idea what is going on.
Ranmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-09, 19:15   Link #968
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I get the sudden feeling that Kasuga's going to try and kill himself....
Old 2013-06-10, 00:03   Link #969
ElMikkino

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I get the sudden feeling that Kasuga's going to try and kill himself....
Y'know, that doesn't sound all that unlikely...
ElMikkino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 06:22   Link #970
Goty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranmu View Post
Kasuga feels he can't live up to the expectations of either Saeki or Nakamura because he's not virtuous enough for Saeki or a deviant like Nakamura. He feels they are above his station.
As far as Saeki is concerned, i don't think that's the reason. Unlike Nakamura, she doesn't have expectations from him - he just can't face an actual relationship with Saeki because the more he gets to know her, the more her Virgin Mary image is ruined for Kasuga (and Saeki herself saying she doesn't care about his deeds, in fact they let her happy and desirous, only makes things worse).
That's why he says he can't love like a regular human being. I mean, if he wants to keep a perfect, idolized figure of a girl he loves, he can't expect to get intimate with anyone.
Old 2013-06-10, 09:07   Link #971
Ranmu

Quote:
As far as Saeki is concerned, i don't think that's the reason. Unlike Nakamura, she doesn't have expectations from him - he just can't face an actual relationship with Saeki because the more he gets to know her, the more her Virgin Mary image is ruined for Kasuga (and Saeki herself saying she doesn't care about his deeds, in fact they let her happy and desirous, only makes things worse).
That's why he says he can't love like a regular human being. I mean, if he wants to keep a perfect, idolized figure of a girl he loves, he can't expect to get intimate with anyone.
Ah, I completely overlooked that. Especially his quote saying, "I wanted you to be angelic." I didn't realize up till this episode that he was disillusioned about his image of her. I thought he was only guilt-ridden because she continues to forgive him despite the things he did, adding to his sense that he was not good enough for her.
Old 2013-06-10, 09:33   Link #972
Dark Wing

It's so much fun watching people descend into madness isn't it?...
Old 2013-06-10, 11:46   Link #973
Goty

Quote:
Ah, I completely overlooked that. Especially his quote saying, "I wanted you to be angelic." I didn't realize up till this episode that he was disillusioned about his image of her. I thought he was only guilt-ridden because she continues to forgive him despite the things he did, adding to his sense that he was not good enough for her.
Well, to be fair though, there's one thing that Saeki expects from him: sharing, and he can't give her that. He said he wanted a platonic relationship..
Old 2013-06-10, 13:18   Link #974
Dop
Mmmm....

Well, when the episode began and I realised they'd laid the credits over the episode and dispensed with the usual OP sequence I figured something had to be special about this one. I was not disappointed.

A confrontation on a quiet country road, this really very oppressive setting. In the dark, in the rain, on the road into night, as Kasuga is faced with a choice he can't make. He breaks down with a confession of a different order. He's read lots of stuff, but he doesn't really understand Baudelaire or the others. He just wanted to feel different, smarter, better than his peers, but he's just a shithead like everybody else. He can't choose one so faces losing both.

Then the police arrive and drag the three of them back to town.

Wow. That was intense character drama and I can hardly wait to see what happens next.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 16:54   Link #975
Ranmu

Quote:
Well, to be fair though, there's one thing that Saeki expects from him: sharing, and he can't give her that. He said he wanted a platonic relationship..
Yeah, she wants him to explain the book to her because she doesn't understand it herself and she wants to understand him. But Kasuga, in reality, doesn't understand it either. So he views himself as someone shallow or "empty" as he put it without any real substance and doesn't really have anything to offer Saeki. It was all just an illusion/lie he put up for himself but also one that he had of Saeki.

Not having read the manga, I wonder how this all ends? Is it faithful to the manga so far? And will the remainder of the episodes allow it to be? I'm sort of assuming like some Anime it might leave things hanging unless the manga is short itself.
Old 2013-06-10, 17:15   Link #976
Bern-san

Quote:
Not having read the manga, I wonder how this all ends? Is it faithful to the manga so far? And will the remainder of the episodes allow it to be? I'm sort of assuming like some Anime it might leave things hanging unless the manga is short itself.
The anime has been 100% faithful. This episode ended volume 3 of the manga and things will start getting more and more intense from now on but unfortunately at this pace they will only cover until volume 4 at most or maybe next episode they will do a 360º and start doing anime-original stuff but it would be weird. My ideal place to finish it is the end of volume 6 but...

About the episode itself it was excellently done, my favorite after episode 7 and Nakamura and Saeki had some good shots imo. I missed the OP but with the atmosphere that surrounded the whole episode it's a good decision not to put it.
Old 2013-06-10, 20:43   Link #977
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I wonder how in the hell they'll end this? Now that Saeki and Nakamura don't want anything to do with him.
Old 2013-06-10, 21:36   Link #978
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Geeez Nakamura is crazy! I wonder what her story is, must be something with her family life. I feel sorry fore Saeki, she wants to love him and he just has this bizarre illusion....
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 11:10   Link #979
Jerseykid

I would have had no difficulty choosing Saeki over Nakamura. This anime is missing a second component to make it believable. Like Nakamura was willing to make sexy time with Kasuga and Saeki wasn't and that was making the decision difficult. The most popular, most beautiful girl in school but chaste vrs the plain, sexually active, deviant outcast. Like many things I have to chalk it up to "Well that's just Japan."
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-11, 13:52   Link #980
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Yes, but Nakamura gets Kasuga's alienation, while Saeki doesn't. Nakamura wants to get out of that town, but Saeki doesn't. On the other hand Nakamura is filled with hatred and cynicism, embraces nihilism, while Kasuga still believes in various romantic notions, same as Saeki. For who Kasuga is, the choice is really a toss-up.

A Blossoming Flower in the Snowy Winter
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avantgarde, romance