AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 26 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 17.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-25, 11:59   Link #201
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I think it is more like sisterly love is making them do this. 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 are more on "daddy love".
I agree with you on this^^ It really seemed to be 1-4 + 7 were Daddy with love you, while 6, 8-12 were for the good of my Sisters I'll follow him. As for poor cinque my bets is this. She was seen in the flashback fighting Zest (original 5 numbers) but was wonded/dmg ... etc and so had to be put back in the tube. By the time Jail got around to rebooting her a good portion of the new numbers had been created/activated and she probably felt more at ease with them then her daddy loving sisters.

I havn't seen the ep yet (gonna watch raw when I get home) but can someone clarify. Was a seal removed or added on Lutecia? (as someone had stated) It would make more sense removed (the symbol was gone in the end) cause it could have been part of the reason why Quttro could mind control her.
Old 2007-09-25, 15:35   Link #202
Realus

T__T I was really hoping for the final fight between Aces and StrikerS...

Need new series!! Let's go for a prequel, and make it take place 6 years after A's, where they are still teens in Highschool. With Arisa and Suzuka still around!

I think there was too much this series to spread around.

I missed the epic 1 vs 1 battles between Nanoha x Fate, or Fate x Signum.
Those were trading blows, and equally matched opponents.

Tiana managed to take out 3 of the numbers by herself (Although I like her 10x more because of her maneuver).
And Nanoha doesn't do anything strategic in attacks, she does a WAS... and that is nice. But for her battles, Excellion Buster! Divine Buster! Starlight Breaker!
(Okay, I REALLY love the Divine Buster on Quattro, but still).

Then Voltaire didn't do much, they just needed someone big to fight the giant bug...

I guess it's because the Aces are just so overpowering already, you can't make an enemy for them to fight on equal grounds...
But I wish there was a good 1 vs 1 fight at the end.

OR THEY COULD HAVE SHOWN THE ACE VS STRIKERS BATTLE!!!

Lol, overall I like Lyrical + A's better. StrikerS wasn't to my expectations, but nevertheless enjoyable. And being a Nanoha fan, there was no way I could pass up watching it.

Btw, anyone have a translation of the epilogue?
I don't understand japanese well enough to read and comprehend everything that displayed. (Doesn't help the text is unclear on the specific raw I watched...)
I can take a guess from the animation.
(ie: Caro went back to where she was prior to StrikerS, Tiana is an Enforcer / Enforcer trainee now, Subaru copys Nanoha even more, ect.)
Old 2007-09-25, 16:04   Link #203
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Although personally, would it have been more fitting to all the numbers die instead of being arrested?
Old 2007-09-25, 16:19   Link #204
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Come now, they deserve to live. Indeed, I thought Quattro and Uno were going to perish but, you know Nanoha- not the season for deaths. Well, StrikerS was a partial exception to that, but...eh.
Old 2007-09-25, 16:44   Link #205
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Come now, they deserve to live. Indeed, I thought Quattro and Uno were going to perish but, you know Nanoha- not the season for deaths. Well, StrikerS was a partial exception to that, but...eh.
Everybody keeps forgetting Precia, Alicia, Clyde and Rein I don't they?
Old 2007-09-25, 16:47   Link #206
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I know, their deaths, but...I was attempting to do a vague generalization of sorts.
Old 2007-09-25, 17:31   Link #207
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Everybody keeps forgetting Precia, Alicia, Clyde and Rein I don't they?
precia is currently MIA and alicia was already dead to begin with.

who the hell is clyde? and reinforce 1 became reinforce 2

what deaths?

basically speaking this series isnt famous for decapitation on screen (or being vapourised into atomic particles though that SB should have toasted quattro )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-25, 17:42   Link #208
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
who the hell is clyde?

what deaths?

or being vapourised into atomic particles though that SB should have toasted quattro )
I don't know, but I'll guess: Teana's brother...

Regius, Zest, Due, random people, drones, Jail's dream, the show, chance of 4th season

Don't mind, don't mind.............

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-09-25, 18:40   Link #209
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I can't tell if you two are kidding or not, but just in case it's the latter...

Clyde is Chrono's father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Although personally, would it have been more fitting to all the numbers die instead of being arrested?
I won't say all, but most of them anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and reinforce 1 became reinforce 2
It wasn't a reincarnation, Rein is just a small, tiny part of her power... Completely different.

If you watched "Shaman King", think Hao and Yoh I guess...
Old 2007-09-25, 19:21   Link #210
Serenity85
Horo-ism

I always just consider rein 2 as a mini me of rein^^ General appearance and similar book but pails in comparison to the original. Which brings me to my next question:

who do you think is now stronger Signum+Agito unison or Hayate+Rein 2 unison? To me it doesn't appear Rein adds to much more power to Hayate (not to mention she isn't the true unison device for the tome of the night sky thus has no where near the power it use to have) while Agito is hinted at being a true device) just better control yet Agito gives Signum a major boost in juice (not to mention a real waredrobe make over, even rein + hayate didn't get that drastic a change)?

My bets are either equal or Signum+Agito is stronger. If what I read is true and better compatibility means a more drastic change in look then Signum owns big time.
Old 2007-09-25, 21:18   Link #211
arkhangelsk

You hadn't even seen the Hayate+Rein 2 unison do an attack, so badly the two of them had been shafted!

I think Rein was tuned to Hayate, and Agito just happened to be in tune with Signum. But Agito has a more aggressive character, so when the two of them fused, her percentage of dominance is much greater. It is a test of wills to see how much the appearance changes IIRC.

But definitely Agito is the much more suitable unit for Signum, especially if you believe in omyoudo. Rein's sokusei is either Neutral or Water, and Agito's is Fire.
Old 2007-09-25, 21:27   Link #212
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

I still don't know why people want the Numbers to (mostly) all die. Aside from Quattro (I assume Due is dead) the rest didn't do much to deserve dieing really.

When they even did their attack, they kept casualties to the absolute bare minimum, and it was Uno who ordered the destruction of anyone still in RH6.

So Uno should die too really...
Old 2007-09-25, 21:32   Link #213
arkhangelsk

Not "anyone"; "anything". The point was to resume bombardment in 5 minutes. Giving 5 whole minutes in the middle of a time-critical raid (even the sleepyhead TSAB had to mobilize eventually) is very nice.
Old 2007-09-25, 21:36   Link #214
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I still don't know why people want the Numbers to (mostly) all die. Aside from Quattro (I assume Due is dead) the rest didn't do much to deserve dieing really.

When they even did their attack, they kept casualties to the absolute bare minimum, and it was Uno who ordered the destruction of anyone still in RH6.

So Uno should die too really...
Here's the magic, they don't have to deserve it to die.

People die all the time, whether they deserve it or not. And people who do deserve it, could live long and healthy lives.

That is war... Or terrorism... Or revolution... Or rebellion... Or whatever you want to classify this as.
Old 2007-09-25, 21:45   Link #215
arkhangelsk

Look, why do you want them to die? It is not like they even hogged up screen time.
Old 2007-09-25, 21:51   Link #216
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Look, why do you want them to die? It is not like they even hogged up screen time.
MOST of them, I want MOST of them to die.

Why? Because if they don't hog it this time, you know they're going to do so for future story, if there's any. And I had hoped before that their deaths would at least bring about a good fight scene as well as show a different side of the 'good guys'.

And why are YOU so concerned for them?
Old 2007-09-25, 21:54   Link #217
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Say whatever you want, but Nanoha and co. are professionals and 10 year soldier/police veterans. Even more for Nanoha and Fate since she's expected to train people and the other working in a variable work environment of different worlds. They don't shoot to kill unless absolutely necessary, and let's face it, has they ever reached the point of necessity even once in StrikerS?

As for future hog-time, I'd rather that considering how much the old trio bores me right now with their half-assed character development, I'd rather see some fresh new upstart... if it'll ever start. And by extension, Lutecia getting isolation may be a good thing. If there's a S4, we don't have to see her.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-25, 21:54   Link #218
Mirificus

The irony is that they did set themselves up not to have to brings characters like Arf and Yuuno back but then they brought them back anyways.
Old 2007-09-25, 21:59   Link #219
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
MOST of them, I want MOST of them to die.

Why? Because if they don't hog it this time, you know they're going to do so for future story, if there's any. And I had hoped before that their deaths would at least bring about a good fight scene as well as show a different side of the 'good guys'.

And why are YOU so concerned for them?
I can understand you wanting them to die back when there is still some chance for their deaths to do some good. But it is Ep26 now, Chaos - if they hadn't died by now, there's no point in killing them in Ep26. If you killed them, you'd just have wasted scenes where they feel regret over it or something.

Quite frankly, I want them to be in the next story. They'd expand the cast so nicely that even 7Arcs will know there is no way they can portray them all properly, and thus they would concentrate. And the next "RF6" will be a much more properly sized unit with them in it.
Old 2007-09-25, 22:02   Link #220
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
The irony is that they did set themselves up not to have to brings characters like Arf and Yuuno back but then they brought them back anyways.
Yuuno and Arf can be attributed to fanservice. Honestly, it really feels like Augusta was set up so that they can both set up Teana, introduce L/Z and have one dose of Yuuno for no particular reason.

But damn, some of these Saint Church/Chrono's pseudo-storyline inclusion and these 3 Admirals thing really feel tacked on as well, even though they're supposed to have a degree of relevance. I keep asking myself, what the hell was Chrono's role in StrikerS anyway? What did Acous do that Yuuno can't (( in generality ))? Did we even need big-brother-wannabe to Hayate when Hayate is getting shafted like no one's business?

Even if these characters are maybe meant for a S4, it really feels like they're there for the sake of being there only as decorations. Mind-boggling.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Closed Thread