AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-04-19, 04:14   Link #3221
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narrator 1 View Post
Hi. A little update from me (the Index/Madoka crossover guy) to let people know I'm not dead or disinterested in my story. I've hit past the 10,000-word mark for Chapter 4, which means that the upcoming chapter will be more than half as long as the first three put together. The reason why it's taking so long is computer errors that only recently got fixed, plus somewhat of a snag in fic research. I will get Chapter 4 out before April ends though. Count on it.
Narrator, GO! Na-Na-Narator!!

And here comes the next update:

Spoiler for A Certain Masked Detective, Chapter 1, Act 2:

Sorry I couldn't resist punning Tsubomi's voice actress.

This is how she looks like.
Old 2013-04-19, 07:19   Link #3222
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
In the original design of Tainaka Tarou, he was Skull who takes over the name from Megan Silentriver, Toaru’s original Skull Rider of the 1990s. Once reunited with Banri and the other Child Errors, he finds himself and henshins into Double.

However, I decided to throw that all away to make an original Metal Hero using Toaru concepts, as that would really mean that Tarou being his own Kamen Tantei, STEEEEEEEEEEL. His ultimate form is STEEL DORAGON of which the Dragon Rider is based on.

Nevertheless, this series will pay homage to Skull’s legacy as you can already see. Megan Silentriver will appear later, too!
Why do I feel like it's more of taking from Wizard instead of dragon rider?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 07:36   Link #3223
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Why do I feel like it's more of taking from Wizard instead of dragon rider?
Its just a coincidence.

But no, like hell Tarou is going to be riding a flying dragon.

Tarou’s current design was inspired by Dragon Rider. In my fic, Tarou’s antics eventually garners the attention of cake-baking maniac and tycoon Kongou Kato (Mitsuko’s old man) and his butler Klaus, and with all that money attempt to replicate Tarou’s hero power and make more money off it. The original Steel Dragon is Tarou's invention, a super-bike with specs like Dragon Rider, but with a ridiculous number of accessories, like docking with Uiharu and cannon parts to become a forever-cooled railgun platform, or docking with Mitsuko and a VTOL for air superiority, or [a certain girl esper] and [a certain vehicle parts] to become [a certain function], you get the picture. Dragon Rider simply leaves off all the unnecessary stuff and improves on the bike and the Steel armor.

I stuck with the Dragon motif because it’s symbolic of the divide between Magic and Technology. The antagonistic “rider” of Kamen Tantei Steel is a mage named Masked Girl Soul, and her ultimate form is Soul Saint.

The Saint and the Dragon. See what I did there?

Its just that now, 2 years later, we have Wizard’s Doragon.

EDIT: This just hit me. STEEL DORAGON's power up theme has got to be:

Something came from Wizard, in the end.
Old 2013-04-19, 07:43   Link #3224
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I find that both oddly creepy and oddly fascinating at the same time. =))

but there's even the preference for plain sugar donuts. XD

EDIT: replace all the singing and dancing kamen rider girls with the ESPer girls that power STEEL DRAGON XD
Old 2013-04-19, 08:32   Link #3225
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
I find that both oddly creepy and oddly fascinating at the same time. =))
It happens to me so often I no longer feel anything beyond a good laugh. XD
Quote:
but there's even the preference for plain sugar donuts. XD
Interestingly enough, the donut vendor idea was first taken from Fresh Pretty Cure’s Kaoru which appeared around the time I was working on the original Kamen Tantei Skull. I discovered this based on a Kamen Rider Decade x Cure Happy xover I found on danbooru while searching for pics of Skull.

In that original, Toaru’s Kaoru was well, male and working at That Certain Convenience Store who sold excellent donuts, and would interact with the cast as they wander in and out of the shop. Tarou would ask for the donut of the day, he’d got random ones, and some of them would contain hints to his current crisis.

Now in the current iteration of Kamen Tantei Steel, I made Kaoru into A Certain Lady Storekeeper (voiced by Takahashi Chiaki, hence the ‘Ara ara ufufufu’ giggle) who also sold donuts. In this current iteration, Tarou asked for plain sugar in this episode but for the rest I was going for Donut of the Day again. This change however, now that you remind me, is a shout-out to Wizard that I clean forgot!
Quote:
EDIT: replace all the singing and dancing kamen rider girls with the ESPer girls that power STEEL DRAGON XD
*spits drink*

Holy hell batman why didn’t I think of that?! But then again, that means I need to think of SIX girls!! What is this, a harem?! I wasn’t told about this!!

Looks like having Tarou punched by Kamijyou during the prequel was worth it.
Old 2013-04-19, 08:41   Link #3226
demino_hellsin
That one guy

He inherited some of that woman drawing power eh?

Is Tag Trace too powerful?
Old 2013-04-19, 09:13   Link #3227
balongbitz
Ordinary Bystander

*inserts random suggestion*
how about some Mondaiji and TAMNI crossover where izayoi meets touma and mikoto meets kurosagi(note they have similar or near abilities)

oh anyway, just forget about it.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:24   Link #3228
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
He inherited some of that woman drawing power eh?
Every hero punched by Touma...

Quote:
Is Tag Trace too powerful?
More like I have no idea how to explain why it works the way it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balongbitz View Post
*inserts random suggestion*
how about some Mondaiji and TAMNI crossover where izayoi meets touma and mikoto meets kurosagi(note they have similar or near abilities)

oh anyway, just forget about it.
When worlds collide, this epic is born.

I still can't explain how the hell is Touma even summonable in Mondaiji rules though.

And then, I add an Act 2.1!

Spoiler for A Certain Masked Detective, Ch 1, Act 2.1:
The plot thickens. Oh I must say, at this point he still can't henshin yet.

Speaking of that Kamen Tantei GIRLS idea, so far the list goes like:

Uiharu Kazari
Kataru Tsubomi
Kongou Mitsuko
Felicity Sun
Wakana
Akiyama Mia & Takayaki Ayane-sensei & No Hokago Kohi (rock band)

No Hokago Kohi is a UNION-sponsored high school girl band that Tarou will encounter in 4 episodes time during the SSSPMA Open House arc. Taken altogether however, its essentially, that's SPHERE [Kazari, Mitsuko, Felli, Wakana] with added Hokago Tea Time [Mia, Ayane, Banri] and a Koshizumi Ami.

Help me. Crack, overloading!
Old 2013-04-19, 09:30   Link #3229
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Imagine taking a fraction of your brain impulses that make-up your psyche. You basically run it through somewhere and it runs around there statically. Especially in another brain. You have an imprint of yourself somewhere else. Ofcourse you have to concentrate to maintain this. What happens is that there is a feedback where the imprinted brainwaves send back signals that occur where it is situated AKA the tagged person's brain.

Maybe I should remove tagging non-living things

How her secondary ability works is by taking control of the connection between the original and the imprint. She can use the imprint to take over the mind by forcing her psyche to dominate the imprinted person. Oppositely she can run the impulse patterns/thought processes in someone else's mind through the imprint and back to her own.

Imagine they are separate but still one being. Rikou's ability is negated because Tag Trace user is the imprint as well as the original. Tampering with the imprint only alerts the original.

@meister: I need that. Throw some my way
Old 2013-04-19, 09:36   Link #3230
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Imagine taking a fraction of your brain impulses that make-up your psyche. You basically run it through somewhere and it runs around there statically. Especially in another brain. You have an imprint of yourself somewhere else. Ofcourse you have to concentrate to maintain this. What happens is that there is a feedback where the imprinted brainwaves send back signals that occur where it is situated AKA the tagged person's brain.

Maybe I should remove tagging non-living things

How her secondary ability works is by taking control of the connection between the original and the imprint. She can use the imprint to take over the mind by forcing her psyche to dominate the imprinted person. Oppositely she can run the impulse patterns/thought processes in someone else's mind through the imprint and back to her own.
Did you factor how the Queen would react to this? I usually depict her as an omniscient being toying with everything around her, and I don't think she'd appreciate someone with such a power infringing on her territory...

...which about covers the whole city. Even Haruue and the Child Errors are her pawns, or Rooks, Knights and Bishops at best. That's Tarou included, you'll see why soon enough.
Old 2013-04-19, 09:43   Link #3231
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Would just hearing about the ability get the queen's attention?

Tag Trace is very discrete about her ways. You have no idea when she tags you as all it takes is a touch. She's also gained enough experience with the ability so that her psyche is not detectable even by psychics who specialize in mental abilities. By all means she might just be a match for Mental Out. I once imagined a scenario where Tag Trace tagged Queen, while Queen took control of Tag Trace. The result was... a body switch like thing... though now that I think about it Tag Trace wins because the mind control works by Queen issuing commands, not her diving into someone else.

She makes it a point never to tell anyone about the secondary effect of her abilities. She either explains the primary ability, or she borrows an ability from someone she's tagged before. Unlike the level upper network, she is not borrowing personal realities so much as she is emulating it so all powers she borrows are fairly less effective, mostly 1 level lower. Then again she makes up for it by stealing calculation power so
Old 2013-04-19, 10:02   Link #3232
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Bottomline is, The Queen's Level 5 is not for show.

But that's fine I guess. For me, I've characterized her as omniscient and having complete control over anything to do with the mind. But that's my interpretation. I think your's can work, just get to writing! :3
Old 2013-04-19, 10:05   Link #3233
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Just world building my to aru idea. Still working on a different fic. Hence why I need that crack.

I forgot to say that a sufficiently strong psyche can beat out Tag Trace. Most likely Mental Out can beat Tag Trace when Tag Trace tries to dive into Queen.
Old 2013-04-19, 11:27   Link #3234
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Queen of other variety:

Queen Bee:
Level 3: Pheromone Control.
Always smelling good, her ability is capable of brainwashing people or just plain "addicted" to her. The problem with this power is that it is an instinct-manipulating power and Humans are mostly rationale creatures so it will take prolong exposure to her power before she can mind control that said person.

Also this power is more or less gender-limited. Males has (much) higher probability of being affected than female (much lower chance).

Her Command is absolute and can not be resisted since the said person's mind will create an excuse/justification for by he should obey her command. At the worst case scenario: She can force the body into overriding the victim's control.(read: Overwriting Mental-Out's mind manipulation).

Has some level of enmity with the Queen (mostly one side since the Queen has never heard of her). Even if she has, what can a level 3 do against a level 5?

=

Teen Idol
Level 3: Earworm
Ability to use sounds to manipulate others mind through the use of "sublime messages". Being sisters, it is no wonder that her ability is similar to Queen Bee, Earworm's ability affect human subconscious mind.

With that being said: Don't forget: humans are mostly rationale creatures who are capable of resisting such power. However, Earworm is capable of "grinding" such natural resistance...because her power can be recorded into music and distributed online, allowing others to listen and slowly losing their defense against her power.

The Queen has never seen this Esper as a threat since she has not gotten in her way yet.
Old 2013-04-19, 20:01   Link #3235
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Why are we all suddenly taking interest in mind control?
Old 2013-04-19, 20:06   Link #3236
Dyingbreath

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Queen of other variety:

Queen Bee:
Level 3: Pheromone Control.
Always smelling good, her ability is capable of brainwashing people or just plain "addicted" to her. The problem with this power is that it is an instinct-manipulating power and Humans are mostly rationale creatures so it will take prolong exposure to her power before she can mind control that said person.

Also this power is more or less gender-limited. Males has (much) higher probability of being affected than female (much lower chance).

Her Command is absolute and can not be resisted since the said person's mind will create an excuse/justification for by he should obey her command. At the worst case scenario: She can force the body into overriding the victim's control.(read: Overwriting Mental-Out's mind manipulation).

Has some level of enmity with the Queen (mostly one side since the Queen has never heard of her). Even if she has, what can a level 3 do against a level 5?
Overwriting Mental Out is probably too powerful. Theoretically if two similar powers conflicted the more powerful one would probably win right? With mind control it would be more likely to overload the person and probably knock them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
Teen Idol
Level 3: Earworm
Ability to use sounds to manipulate others mind through the use of "sublime messages". Being sisters, it is no wonder that her ability is similar to Queen Bee, Earworm's ability affect human subconscious mind.

With that being said: Don't forget: humans are mostly rationale creatures who are capable of resisting such power. However, Earworm is capable of "grinding" such natural resistance...because her power can be recorded into music and distributed online, allowing others to listen and slowly losing their defense against her power.

The Queen has never seen this Esper as a threat since she has not gotten in her way yet.
You'd need to do some research if you want this to work at all, you're already ignoring reality with the whole "subliminal" thing because that doesn't work but then you have to factor in other things like "what is the minimum intensity that it still works out and what is the intensity that it is produced at. With that you could figure out the range.
As for the ability to record it... remember well the limitations that that has. It must be a prerecorded command and probably a simply one, plus the person would need to upload it from somewhere so she needs to have some sort of reputation or it would hardly be accessed at all, people don't really stumble onto really obscure sites without some sort of reason.
Quote:
Why are we all suddenly taking interest in mind control?
Episode 1 of TAKNR S
Dyingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 21:23   Link #3237
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Overwriting Mental Out is probably too powerful. Theoretically if two similar powers conflicted the more powerful one would probably win right? With mind control it would be more likely to overload the person and probably knock them out.
Queen Bee is called as such because her power worked like a real Queen bee(the insect). The pheromone basically hard-wired another person's body biologically into obeying her.

As such, her power is actually capable of turning another person's body into mindless zombie (forcing them to use only the basic function of their brain without accessing to their basic thought and decision making process).

Being hard-wired means also mind-manipulation has no effect on them since the Zombie "has no need to access their decision making process in their brain".

However, Misaki still have the ability of interference. By interfering the part of human's brain which control basic function such as walking, she can stop them all instantly.

This is why Queen Bee hate the Queen and Misaki can't be bothered with the level 3.

==

Quote:
You'd need to do some research if you want this to work at all, you're already ignoring reality with the whole "subliminal" thing because that doesn't work but then you have to factor in other things like "what is the minimum intensity that it still works out and what is the intensity that it is produced at. With that you could figure out the range.
The "Subliminal message" is the actually the basic "sending certain signal to the brain" which all Telepathic is capable.

The brainwashing is a literal brainwashing... keep telling the person that he must obey her.

The intensity of the power is the duration which a person is exposed to the brainwashing part of the power. The longer means the said person is more likely to obey her command.

Miski's power work 100% (hence the reason why she has larger army) but her power have a chance of failing if she did not "prepare".

Quote:
As for the ability to record it... remember well the limitations that that has. It must be a prerecorded command and probably a simply one, plus the person would need to upload it from somewhere so she needs to have some sort of reputation or it would hardly be accessed at all, people don't really stumble onto really obscure sites without some sort of reason.
The record part of the power is a simple "Obey her" command.

As for her reputation....*Cough*she is an Idol, she has a reputation for singing but other telepathic esper hate her song because they sub-consciously detected her power, the conflicting signals (her power + music) transformed her music into noise for other Telepathic Espers.

Also to justify why Level 0 Skill-out stay in Academy City despite of their bad treatment there: They can't get out or have difficulty trying to get out. (since the directors used her power to make them believe that Academy City is a paradise, a home for them)
Old 2013-04-19, 21:41   Link #3238
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Spoiler for A Certain Masked Detective Ch1 Act 3:

From here, I need to rewrite the chapter, so progress will be slower.
Old 2013-04-19, 21:56   Link #3239
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Now a decade reference. Dear god =))
Old 2013-04-19, 21:57   Link #3240
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Now a decade reference. Dear god =))
Now even the Toaru World is ruined by you! ONORE NYARUKOOO!!

(You'd probably can tell that I'm going to try and reference as many riders as I can by now XD)

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction