AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-09-27, 12:46   Link #301
Ichinotachi

And there it is, the final episode.

Amante is still out there trying to find a way to defeat Mamako. In a way this battle made Masato show his true feelings and what he really thinks about this adventure with his mother, it seems that he finally understood the idea behind it. Mamako knows what's the problem with her taking the spotlight all the time but right now it was Masato the one who fixed this problem right after Amante's speech.

With that being said, this adaptation was average at best. Since the very beginning the studio butchered the LN and a lot of important details that provides a completely different perspective when it comes to Masato, Mamako and the other characters with their mothers were completely removed, this is what I hate about this adaptation and how these missing details influenced the anime-only viewers in a negative way (leaving aside the usual shitposters that don't understand a thing). For me this anime adaptation is barely a 5/10 and I recommend everyone who wants to experience the real deal and understand why this anime is so different from the source to go ahead and read the LN because you're missing a lot.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 13:24   Link #302
Kazu-kun

Mamako's scolding ability finally shows up in the anime. As little Porta explained, it's one of the most powerful mom abilities in the game.

Anyway, the episode was okay, but I agree with Ichinotachi they cut out too much stuff from the novels.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2019-09-27 at 20:49.
Kazu-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 13:59   Link #303
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichinotachi View Post
And there it is, the final episode.

Amante is still out there trying to find a way to defeat Mamako. In a way this battle made Masato show his true feelings and what he really thinks about this adventure with his mother, it seems that he finally understood the idea behind it. Mamako knows what's the problem with her taking the spotlight all the time but right now it was Masato the one who fixed this problem right after Amante's speech.

With that being said, this adaptation was average at best. Since the very beginning the studio butchered the LN and a lot of important details that provides a completely different perspective when it comes to Masato, Mamako and the other characters with their mothers were completely removed, this is what I hate about this adaptation and how these missing details influenced the anime-only viewers in a negative way (leaving aside the usual shitposters that don't understand a thing). For me this anime adaptation is barely a 5/10 and I recommend everyone who wants to experience the real deal and understand why this anime is so different from the source to go ahead and read the LN because you're missing a lot.
I hope you're not referring to me, if you are I'm sorry. I did not mean to get so intense in my responses. I just found the anime (and as I'd said before SPECIFICALLY the anime as I haven't read far enough in the LN) to be annoying in certain areas and was tired of being told things like "you don't know what you're talking about". or "you don't understand" simply because I had an opinion that someone didn't like. My opinion is my opinion, and yours is yours, and it doesn't sit well with me to say things like "that opinion is wrong" or "you don't know what you're talking about".

That said, I agree with the assessment. Even what little I have read tells me that the LN is far better. If the anime is, as I've heard claimed, pretty much intended to encourage me to read the novels then it was a major failure, as it included and enhanced things that would annoy me about certain characters and situations while cutting out far too much that would temper that annoyance or make me view it in a different light. The end result being that I ended up seeing many scenes as comedic torture that clearly was meant to come across differently. And I'm a guy who is willing to positively view most things I watch. Final verdict, I think I'd equate it to a Disney live-action remake in terms of adaptation. I might read further in the light novels at some point, but it won't be because of this.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 14:07   Link #304
Ichinotachi

@BWTraveller, no I'm not talking about you because unlike other people you have the decency of making good arguments to support your point of view and also you went to check the LN to see the difference between this average adaptation and the source material which is even better.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-27, 20:26   Link #305
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a very nice ending Masato being hounded by so many Mamako and see really know how to scold someone

It was a shame the they didnt show all the time Wise killed Masato

8/10 Needs another season
Old 2019-09-27, 22:27   Link #306
Frontier

Yeah, Masato being surrounded by evil clones of his mother probably is his biggest nightmare...he should just be thankful they all didn't start stripping or wearing fanservice outfits .

Porta was very tight-lipped about her nightmare scenario...makes me wonder exactly what the deal is with her mother .

So we still don't know why Amante hates mothers so much, but it's probably reasonable to assume that her mom might have abandoned her, which would explain why she's so self-sufficient. But they also have to be in the game together, right? Hmm .

It was nice to bring things full-circle a little with Masato realizing that, while Mamako coming into the game with him ruined the adventure he had idealized and wanted for himself, the journey they have been on has been just as worthy and precious an adventure in and of itself and he wouldn't trade it for anything .

Amante definitely wasn't a pushover, but even she didn't stand a chance against the greatest weapon in a parents arsenal...a good scolding .

I love how Masato used Amante's catchphrase during the wish. Kind of adding insult to injury with foiling her plans .

I get she was going to make a really unfair wish, but when you think about it...Amante won it fair and square by beating the final boss herself. But I guess Mamako also beat her, and she was kind of the final boss of this adventure, so...maybe it all ends up even ?

So apparently there is a whole evil organization dedicated to eradicating mothers in the game and Amante is just one of four of their lead members. And of course the game designers task our heroes with stopping them .

What sane child would wish for his mom's panties? Do the people who designed this game just a have a really big mom fetish ?
Old 2019-09-28, 10:05   Link #307
BWTraveller
Born to ship

As for Porta's mother, they cut a bit from the initial party selections. Mamako asked Porta about her mother, and she said that she convinced the admins to send Porta in without her because she was too busy to enter or something like that, so her mother's not even in the game world to begin with. As such I'm guessing what she saw was nothing, as the programs had no data on her mother to copy onto the monsters. I'm honestly sad that her mother's story was never brought up, as I'm really interested to see how things resolve there and want to see some positive resolution. I mean, as bad as the other mothers were, at least they were willing to take the time to try and patch things up.

And while Amante's extreme, part of her strength comes from the fact that she did kind of have a point. At Masato's age he should be learning to rely on his peers and become someone that they can rely on, building trust among friends that can become foundations for his future, not learning to stand back and let Mommy take care of everything. Building a good relationship with his parent is fine, but if that relationship includes an absolute certainty that he can and should leave everything to her then it's not a good relationship. I understand the LN had more independent action, but this's one of the things they shouldn't have cut so much. True, Masato's leaning toward another excess in his insistence that he should have the spotlight and be the one great hero, but this doesn't change that the balance needs to be fixed.
Old 2019-09-28, 12:58   Link #308
James Rye

Woha, an army of scary Yandere Moms, all done in by real Mom's scolding which is a freaking DEATH LASER that does not get recognized as attack by the system even by Amante's OP passive skill. And Wise was right about the eggs, poor Masato, all he had to say was he wants to be as OP as Mom and he could have had the spotlight from now on.^^;
Then again, he got three cute girls in his party so I see no reason for him to complain. Just take the good with the bad stuff, bro and enjoy the adventure with your mom. Don't think we will get a 2nd season even though we have 3 more "fiends" to fight and probably a truck full of other OP Mom skills Mamako got but we won't get to see any of them animated. Hope the manga gets translated faster now that the anime finished and it got more attention for now.
Old 2019-09-28, 14:40   Link #309
grecefar

My surprise in this chapter was how strong was amante, but in the end with never knew the origin of her hate towards mothers.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-28, 18:48   Link #310
Kazu-kun

Amante is actually pretty OP. She could even take on most moms by herself. It just so happens that Mamako is on a league of her own.
Old 2019-09-29, 18:35   Link #311
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I knew we'd get to see Mamako going Yandere...
Well good it was just clones.

Also "Mommy says no"... "Computer says no" parody?

As for Porta... Are we sure she is actually the child and not the mother of her duo? I'm getting the feeling that she is either the mother or one of the fiends.
For some reason she knows the name of all the previously undiscovered abilities, despite being a crafter lol

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-29, 20:08   Link #312
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
For some reason she knows the name of all the previously undiscovered abilities, despite being a crafter lol
I figured that was a result of her assessment ability, that just like she's able to immediately appraise any item she can also analyze any skill.
Old 2019-10-02, 22:54   Link #313
Diet
Calorie Mate

I know this is the thing not for everyone but I really got into this these months.
Kayano Ai was ordinary seiyuu for me but now I became a big fan of her because of this anime.
I think this roll is the best suited for her voice quality. Kayano mom is really excellent as ideal mom.

btw Kayano said that official WEB radio at YouTube continues!
It becomes into a biweekly but this is the same as Konosuba radio of 2 years ago.
IMO 2nd season is not just an illusion.
Diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-03-27, 13:09   Link #314
James Rye

Alright, the swimsuit/amnesia episode:
Holy shit, were we close to an Incest moment and the mother DID NOT MOVE AWAY ON HER OWN WILL!!! Ma-kun should be darn careful about his virginity, no kidding. xD
Lol how Meidhi and Wise got dissed by Ma-kun when they used their "charm" against him. XD
And that ending, poor Ma-kun having to deal with 4 amnesia girls/woman and a dead Shirase. Would certainly have made for another fun episode.^^

Tags
mom protagonist, virtual reality