AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-21, 10:44   Link #41
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'll be watching this, hopefully Gonzo brings their A game for the first time in a while.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 10:48   Link #42
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Anything will be their A game after Dragonaut.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 12:31   Link #43
DangerMouse

Yeah, Shouta, I'm not sure I like the rental model either. I'd rather own a DVD if I'm going to pay money personally.

It's nice that they are making it available early, but I hope this doesn't preclude it from being licensed for a real release in the US eventually so that I can own it on dual-language DVD (so I can watch in both languages depending on my mood and so I can watch with friends) with a nice hard copy and nice packaging and stuff.

I'm really not sure I want to pay money for youtube quality streaming videos (bost is pay on-demand streaming from reading the FAQ, right?), plus I also like owning a real physical copy of stuff I like if I'm going to pay money for it. I don't really have the desire to spend money on video files like people do over Xbox Live and stuff, especially with the flimsy HD's I've experienced over the years instead of having a "mostly" permanent DVD on my shelf, often with better quality as well, but I buy a ton of R1 anime DVDs so I'm more or less part of the hardcore group of anime and movie buffs who like collecting DVDs.

Edit:
"The technical and commercial specifics of the video distribution will vary between these websites, from free streaming to fee-based download of high-resolution movie files, so as to cater to the different needs of users in the diverse digital climates."

The AOD article goes further saying that there will be a range of quality available from free to paying for higher res versions depending on which of the three services you use. Atleast that sounds better than what I got out of ANN's original article since it looks like I might be able to sample the crappy youtube-quality ones for free and then have the option of buying a nice high-res one, which might be worth it for some people to hold them until the DVDs come if either show is really good. I still REALLY hope this doesn't stop a real R1 dvd release with both a sub and dub though as I think that would suck.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-03-23 at 13:52.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 16:13   Link #44
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

I'm skeptical about this anime.. but at the same time i'm kinda anticipating it also.. simply because it has one thing that stands out of all anime in the past five years or so.

It's got an old school feel to the animation and the scenery. Gives me a similar feeling to old school RPG style animes like Record of Lodoss Wars.
Old 2008-03-23, 18:37   Link #45
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i think this and belsereiter are gonna be damn good.. especially if gonzo's using them to try to "sell" the new concept to the western world..
i mean there will be no sense in trying to sell a bad product in a new way.. thats just gonna kill the new delivery system..
it would be like having really good clothes in a fasion show and having shitty models.. that just doesn't work..

i think druaga and blesereiter are gonna be really good considering this new info.

btw from what i get
in this new delivery system there will basically be 4 ways to get you Anime
youtube- that will probably be the lowest qulity , but completely free.
crunchyroll- i am not sure if they will have a free LQ version. but if so i kinda think its better then youtube, not sure thou.. also they have an HQ and H264 HQ version options for paying members.
i didn't get to check it out but my guess they will basically be having mq-hq kinda quality. pretty good and cheap (i think its like 20$ for a whole year of HQ over there, or something along those lines)

after this comes BOST.
they have HQ-streaming which is pretty good, you can actually watch it in fullscreen and not feel too bad (and a i have an 1080P screen so a 720P screen would be pretty sane)
over there it goes around 100pts(or about 1.9$) per episode for a 14 days "rent" so you can watch episodes over there if you want HQ stream(which is around the 740px resolutions, so its about the same as the average AVI fansub..)

and then comes the last option,
which was mentioned in a couple of places which is the ability to actually download the ep for a real HD video, I'm talking about 720p-1080p or so.
now it was not said directly but i think this refers to the GONZO p2p site.
i think they will use that to distribute the files for download.
now for those prices theres still nothing,
but i can tell you that speed graphed is sold over there for 1000 yen for the MQ file, and 1500 yen for a HQ file.
they had a special sale for a long time and during that time it was 500 for the MQ and 750 for the HQ.
also theres an ultra HQ that i am guessing will be for 1080p as it is 8MBIT/S.

these files btw are (from what i understood at least) for good.
that is when you buy them they are yours.
but they do have DRM so that kinda sucks at the moment.
i think they might drop it thou, or have an option to pay a little more to get a clean version.

*edit*
fixed the spelling of this post XD
was damn tired when i wrote it at 2am, after a day at a convention XD

Last edited by Jiyuu; 2008-03-24 at 09:14.
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:42   Link #46
ChibiMenos
Gillian-class Chibi

I was already excited about this series, and now I'm even more interesting in what they'll be doing with it. I'm guessing that they will eventually end up selling DVDs--and maybe even the English ones at the same time as the Japanese release, since they'll have the subtitles ready to go. If so... this could change a lot. Heck, I might even start buying anime again.

The preview streamed with BOST seemed to be very good quality, but I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay for streaming video, at least not at $2 per episode...I suppose I'll have to see what the YouTube quality is like. YouTube video quality can be decent, so I might not kill my eyes watching it for free. And if it's good, I will totally buy any DVDs that are sold to show my support of free legal subs.

As for the show itself, I'm really excited after seeing the preview. Interesting that they've gone with mostly natural hair colors--that's a lot of black! I also love the redhead, of course... if they can get past the slightly girly look of the male characters, it'll at least be fun to watch.

That guy with the crazy eyes scares me.

Anyone think it a bit odd that the show seems that it will have more natural looking characters, while the MMO clips showed some pretty weird hair colors?
ChibiMenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 09:20   Link #47
Jiyuu

btw i heard a while ago that there was something gonzo organized sometime this month that featured the first ep of druaga..
thou i didn't verify that and it was from something i read on a Japanese blog..

and about the heir color i think its kinda cool.. makes it seem more serious which is good.
Old 2008-03-25, 08:06   Link #48
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
btw i heard a while ago that there was something gonzo organized sometime this month that featured the first ep of druaga..
thou i didn't verify that and it was from something i read on a Japanese blog..
You mean this event?
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 08:35   Link #49
Jiyuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
You mean this event?
yeah, now rereading the original post it seems to be this..
i probably misread something the first time..
was kinda lazy so i didn't really read it that well... :P
Old 2008-03-25, 20:17   Link #50
Nemuru

I'm sure excited about all this.

It would mark the first time sub and raw watcher can discuss the series in simultaneous. While I'm not expecting very much of the series I do hope for it to be like another Last Exile or Blue sub no.6, two series which have captivate me into watching anime.

And a small question, when is it premiering?
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-25, 22:29   Link #51
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Premieres 4/4 25:15.
Old 2008-03-26, 20:04   Link #52
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

I already mentioned it >_>
Old 2008-03-28, 20:25   Link #53
Jiyuu

btw, about this and belsereiter.. are these considered licensed. that is will this be transfered to Fansubbed or to Licensed when it comes out?
Old 2008-04-04, 12:05   Link #54
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Druaga no Tou, episode 01
Spoiler for 2chan thread for DnT ep01:
Rules:
- Do NOT spread the 2chan link.
- If you want to quote my post, then please ERASE THE URL.
- If you want to (re)post screenshots from 2chan, then reload them on Imageshack and kindly supply the new links. In other words, do NOT hotlink. When the short-lived 2chan threads get junked along with their contents (meaning: the screenshots), the broken urls lead the user to a pageful of adult advertisements, a type of content that goes against Animesuki's policy on inappropriate material.

I'll erase the URL in a few hours (at least until the first raw appears you-know-where) so, if you want to visit the page later on, save my link somewhere (in your bookmarks, whatever) while it's still up.

EDIT: well, since the raw/sub is already available at certain outlets such as YouTube (see below), I might as well go and deal the link a quick death.
As a matter of fact, I don't even think my 2chan links will be needed in the near future. ^_^

Last edited by Renegade334; 2008-04-04 at 14:23. Reason: 2chan link removal.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 13:22   Link #55
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Live on Youtube folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vgQ6...57C89A&index=0
Old 2008-04-04, 13:34   Link #56
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

After skimming it quick, the translation by Bost are pretty solid. Definitely great for the speed.
Old 2008-04-04, 13:56   Link #57
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Wow! That was a surprisingly hilarious first episode! They really slammed a lot of the usual fantasy, RPG cliches. The OP sequence completely threw me off!
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 14:25   Link #58
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Yeah, this is really awesome. I hope the comedy stays in and it doesn't become a fantasy like they lampooned in the first ep.
Old 2008-04-04, 14:30   Link #59
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Huh, well, I guess youtube CAN be region locked...

It seems like english speaking fans worldwide can watch this anime for free... except for people like me who actually live in Japan. We're screwed.
I can watched it streamed for free on gyao, but of course, there are no subs. So basically english speaking fans in japan have to watch it raw.

I shouldn't be griping, since I don't really need the subs anyway, but I was kind of hoping to support one of the newer startups... I guess I can't.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 14:38   Link #60
Dandruff
Flakey

That was hilarious, I laughed so hard during the tentacle scene... among the many other funny scenes as well, especially this little 'gag'.

"When this battle is over, I'm going back to my hometown and get married."
Dandruff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, gonzo, rpg