AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-12-29, 00:23   Link #6341
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Things sure are complicated with Ayumi, and with an impending disaster on the horizon the situation couldn't be much worse for Keima right now. At least he doesn't seem to be stressing over it too badly.

It was amusing seeing Keima in work clothes. He's probably one of the last characters I'd ever expect to do any kind of job. Which makes me think, was it ever stated where Keima gets his income for all the games he plays? If I had to make an assumption I guess it'd because his parents make an above average income so they have plenty to spare.

Also, if Chihiro is depressed from Keima's rejection, she's still managing to hide it very well. I didn't see an ounce of sadness in her expression this chapter.
Old 2011-12-29, 00:43   Link #6342
KNIM

It's building up to a climax at the PriPri contest finale, where Ayumi either wins and is crowned Maijima High Princess or she doesn't win. Both routes offer a lot of ways for storytelling possibilities.

Sadly with Shonen Sunday on break after this chapter, it's a long wait again for the next one.
KNIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 00:57   Link #6343
paladinenvec

Chapter 172
Spoiler:
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 01:06   Link #6344
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Had anyone try to solve the train puzzle yet?
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 01:41   Link #6345
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I don't think you can because such a picture wouldn't exist.
Do not tempt a Goddess, for she is not as forgiving as the Jupiter Sisters.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 02:04   Link #6346
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Well now ... I had no idea that Keima was an exceptionally talented barrista. Makes sense in retrospect.

Must admit that while part of me feels kinda sorry for Keima (so close to finishing his goal and yet so far) part of me really feels that an event like this will help to "humanize" him more - and in a good way, whatever the outcome.
Old 2011-12-29, 02:39   Link #6347
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Do not tempt a Goddess, for she is not as forgiving as the Jupiter Sisters.
Cheap trick. From that reply it is obvious that the picture doesn't exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Well now ... I had no idea that Keima was an exceptionally talented barrista. Makes sense in retrospect.

Must admit that while part of me feels kinda sorry for Keima (so close to finishing his goal and yet so far) part of me really feels that an event like this will help to "humanize" him more - and in a good way, whatever the outcome.
I think Keima is going to end up from being the most unpopular guy in school to the vice versa.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 02:43   Link #6348
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Cheap trick. From that reply it is obvious that the picture doesn't exist.
Oh insignificant one, do not be blind to the truth!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 02:54   Link #6349
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

A part of me just wants for Keima to forget about saving the world and getting together with Chihiro, and share their last short moments in love while the weiss destroys the Earth. I'd have no problem with that kind of ending (atm).

On the other hand, does Keima truly need to re-conquest Ayumu? Sure, Mercury might remain weaker due to lack of love power, but couldn't Keima just bring the other Goddesses to Ayumu and convince her and Mercury to join the party? I know the goddesses are trying to stay hidden, but I think its a plausible thought. The reason why I'm even bringing this up, is because the entire route Keima is going with Ayumu is just completely wrong, and ironically Keima knows about just how screwed it is. There must be an easier way to do this. It is Kami that we are talking about, but conquest just seems impossible at the moment. In fact if he does end up conquesting Ayumu, I probably would feel be very irked at the author.
Old 2011-12-29, 03:04   Link #6350
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Ikwym Nochgo ... that's kind of what I mean when I mentioned that something has to give in Keima's current modus operandi - b/c at the moment it does not seem very plausible that he could "conquer" Ayumi.

Otoh ... I must admit that imo Ayumi has of late been a very difficult person. It seems obvious to me that she is in love with Keima, and has been for a very long time, but that she has been making things very complicated on her own side as well. I think there would not be a lack of "love power" from Ayumi/Mercury if Keima should bring her into the group of Jupiter sisters again.

One possibility of resolving the current situation within "re-winning" Ayumi over or Keima changing personality wise might be just presenting the whole Jupiter sister thing to her point blank - either in a one on one situation or with all the other sisters present, forcing Mercury to emerge.

If that happened perhaps Ayumi could better see what Keima has been trying to do and get perspective on what happened with Chihiro and (quite frankly) her own contributed culpability to that debacle.
Old 2011-12-29, 03:14   Link #6351
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I wonder what does hell have in store for him after he captures all the goddesses. Maybe Heaven will manipulate him into destroying the entire hell using the goddesses and their vessels as sacrifixial lambs so they can rule over mankind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Oh insignificant one, do not be blind to the truth!
What truth? It doesn't even exist.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-12-29, 03:20   Link #6352
EliteF22

He would win her over if he just told her the truth!!!!
EliteF22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 03:29   Link #6353
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF22 View Post
Hmm ... by truth do you mean the whole goddess thing? If so possibly so. But I think the trick would be the right circumstances.
Old 2011-12-29, 04:18   Link #6354
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Neit. He can't reveal the truth because it will blow the cover of the vessels. He has to lay low so Cintage doesn't know what is going on.

Old 2011-12-29, 04:20   Link #6355
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Wow ... SaintessHeart and I agree on something without a reference to "waifus" or firetrucks.
Old 2011-12-29, 05:11   Link #6356
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF22 View Post
She can't handle the truth!
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 05:27   Link #6357
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
That'a disgusting. No.
Do i smell jealousy that Keima is able to attract the ladies with the wiggle while only wearing the apron while you can't?

PS: Oh Keima, no matter if you dress up as a gentlemen waiter or a girl, your still sexy!
Old 2011-12-29, 06:21   Link #6358
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Do i smell jealousy that Keima is able to attract the ladies with the wiggle while only wearing the apron while you can't?

PS: Oh Keima, no matter if you dress up as a gentlemen waiter or a girl, your still sexy!
I don't care about that man. I am only concerned about his antics affecting the thinking of the girls around him.

And any of these girls can be my future waifu.

Old 2011-12-29, 09:39   Link #6359
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

All of this really is heading toward Chihiro as the final boss... After all, her inferiority complex of being normal and the broken heart toward Keima opened the gap that she got back in her arc. The same formula is occurring again, but this times several times as big.

The anime may have messed Wakaki's plan up a bit. Reading back chapter 28, unlike the anime, it totally make sense if Chihiro really wanted to propose to Keima that day. She was hesitating to give those to Keima,and then eavesdropped his talk (describing her normal and boring.. big switch to her), got heart broken with an open gap in her heart, shocked and angry before running away. Then she just try to act normally, confess to a 2nd choice guy, before being bitterly rejected again. Clearly her gap was opened when overhearing Keima's talk rather than after being rejected by that boy, making it more likely that it was Keima in her heart all along

So my guess on the future developments: Chihiro will be the one with the biggest gap open that day in her school, right at the moment when those Weiss matured and need a host or some sort, so they all entered her gap, turn her into one of the Kusunoki's final boss type. And then we gonna have some flashback on the reason why Chihiro interested in Keima in the first place. This flashback will be showed either before or after Keima getting back to his true and honest God-like self, and conquest her, and start to acknowledge his own interest toward 3D girls.
Old 2011-12-29, 11:18   Link #6360
Solafighter
Hige

It has been a while, i have read such a good chapter. Gonna re-read it right away.

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen