AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-17, 11:56   Link #121
Magewolf

The way I see it all the clockwork is magic. That is why old scientist guy goes on about Y destroying all of humanity's knowledge and stuff since clockwork and oldtech do not play well together.

Naoto and Marie are both able to tap into the magic at a lower, more powerful level then clockwork allows. They just do it in different ways. Marie does a version of "Visualizations of the Cosmic All" where she focuses on her work and her awareness expands to it and then to everything that effects it in an ever expanding sphere. Naoto on the other hand seems to be tapped into everything all the time but can not handle all the info so blocks most of it out. However he become much more able to handle it as the show has gone on and has come to some realizations about the world . That is what his little speech to Marie was about. It only worked because she was already tapping into the magic in an ever increasing way since meeting him.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-17, 22:31   Link #122
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
The way I see it all the clockwork is magic. That is why old scientist guy goes on about Y destroying all of humanity's knowledge and stuff since clockwork and oldtech do not play well together.
From the old scientist's point of view Y played god changing the laws of physics that old scientific principles no longer apply.

As Marie put it how the hell is the planet is still working if it keeps loosing gears aka cities purged.

Y probably left a doll that can explain all this. Note given AnchoR is the 4th Intial Y Series and RyuZu was the first.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-18, 04:42   Link #123
KBTKaiser

The thing with Naoto and Marie is partially explained with the "Unlimited Gear Works."

Naoto sees the situation and works forwards.
Marie sees the solution and works backwards.

In essence, they met midway and found a solution in repurposing and improving the existing system.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 04:53   Link #124
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

I'm still wondering who Y is at this point.

Also since I did not read the LN, I have a question: I noticed the Y series automaton had their names in caps. Is there any meaning to that?

We have RyuZU, AnchoR, TemP etc..... the last 2-1 letter is in capital letter. Does the automaton series represent something? Was wondering does the naming sense carry any meaning or not.

Also it looks like the last volume was released in 2015. Is the LN on a hiatus now?
Old 2017-06-22, 16:06   Link #125
Nivek von Beldo

Well, The series is Over(for now, i'm holding out for a second season) have been an incredible ride here together.

Chapter 12: Seems even AnchoR-chan ahve issues against the Yatsukahagi and barely was able to give more time to Naoto and Marie and seems at the end they were able to make their plans to 'fried' the machine and save the country. But they're still fugitives because their actions and seems they're on the road...and the adventures continues, that is the most massive sequel hook ever, now going into global scale to learn the secrets of the world?

Of course the series leave a lot of question without answer(i know the novels and manga) like who is or was Y? how this world works? what about the Y Series Automatas...and so on. again that is why i want a second season...or wait the official translation of the novels.

Again a pleasure watch this anime... my suprise of the season.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 20:36   Link #126
AB079
Banned

What I can say, this was one of the worst adaptations this season. The series started rushing content, then we got a decent pacing and then picked up speed again, that added with Naoto's annoying VA and the QUALITY all over the place make the experience even worse.

If I have to give some advice, go and read the LN since volume 1 because even if just an average story is still enjoyable, with good characters and great fights. As for the anime, 3/10... I can't give more to this.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 21:10   Link #127
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

AnchoR bought them eough time to finish there work and a great way to escape

7/10 Need more AnchoR
Old 2017-06-22, 22:16   Link #128
Vaans
NEET

The series was okay. Pretty fun. Ryuzu is pretty and Anchor is cute imouto. Not much to say.

I just treat these anime adaptations as standalone. apart from the original as the anime creators have the freedom to adapt the way they want. Better
to check out the original light novel if anyone is interested.

I'm curious about the other two initial Y-series automatons as it is said there are four of them.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-22, 23:36   Link #129
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-24, 05:25   Link #130
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
agree with this so much, still though i actually enjoyed it, i could just turn off my brain and enjoy my ryu waifu, needed more fanservice eps lol
Old 2017-06-24, 07:41   Link #131
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 12:

Anchor looks a bit older and more beautiful in her Steel Weight form. She did a lot in this ep... although I wonder why she does not use the move that grinds people..

Still don't understand the "magic" that Naoto and Marie are doing.. it looks like some crazy overpowered skill for plot convenience. I hope there's a Clockwork Planet wiki explains this in detail.

Crazy old man has to die.. he's dangerous. If he lives through this, he would probably build another weapon of mass destructioni somewhere else.

Well, giving this anime a decent 7/10. Not the greatest thing I've seen, but it's entertaining enough.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, steampunk