I'm getting serious flashbacks to Sliders here
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-17, 10:59   Link #22
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Ep. 2

Here we got the tropes for Akanesasu Shoujo.

- In upcoming episodes the group is going to visit a different parallel world, and each of the girls will serve as the link while encountering other set versions of themselves in such parallel worlds.

- Has yet to establish the motivation driving other Asuka to look into other parallel worlds.

- Elusive third party has begun making moves on the girls starting with the fortune-teller and that Tomoya guy.

- Drops of animation quality are not just bad but also abysmal.

Episode three told us just that. She's searching for Clutters that can lead her to the King of Twilight, as her world is being destroyed (She's probably also searching for her brother since we found out this episode that both Asuka's brothers just disappeared at the age of six.). That Tomoya guy was a Clutter working for the King of Twilight.

Still no info on who the woman is though.
Old 2018-10-22, 12:55   Link #23
Marina2

Ep.4

- Cowboy world where modern technologies also existed. Everything is decided by a gun duel.

- Asuaka personally is different in each world.

- That mysterious fortune teller name is Yuu. Did she come from Seriouska world? and are all Asuska's friends evil in Seriouska world??

This show actually have some good ideas and concepts for the plot. I have a lot of fun with this ep.

Why didn't they give this show more budget, I wonder.

Last edited by Marina2; 2018-10-22 at 13:11.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-22, 16:44   Link #24
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'd say the biggest weakness still is a complete and utter lack of good motivation for the main characters. Why the heck are they still doing this ritual and jumping to other worlds? It's hard to feel bad or worry about people that are recklessly risking their lives for little reason.

Rather than Asuka being on the fence about a bank robbery, how about worrying about whether her friends have been arrested or executed? Last time she saw them they were being chased by a bounty hunter (who is also Asuka) who was shooting at them!

Guess we'll see where the next episode goes.
Old 2018-10-22, 23:30   Link #25
Marina2

I don't think you're supposed to take those things too seriously, It clearly played as a comedy.
Old 2018-10-31, 00:21   Link #26
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
Having a point of departure of only 10 years in the past and everyone is supposed to get married by age 17 feels like Alien Space Bats territory.

Well...I'll just roll with it and see where it goes
Just watched the last two episodes, and if you think that is Alien Space Bats territory, wait until you see the next world.

TBH, the marriage at age 17 having diverted in the past ten years, I can at least sort of bullshit an explanation with it perhaps being a reversal of China's one-child policy- with the government instituting a policy of forced marriage in hopes countering Japan's declining population. Of course, it doesn't make sense with a point of divergence of ten years unless parallel Japan's government made MAJOR, very rapid turn towards authoritarianism.

The world, on the otherhand, is where society in Japan ends up looking like a scene out of a Western, and everything is decided by a quick-draw pistol duels. Well, like a western except for the fact they still have cars and cell phones, but for some reason, weapons technology hasn't advanced past the late 19th century. Oh yeah, for some reason the climate and topography of Japan has changed to that of the American Southwest. As for making up an explanation for that timeline that follows any reasonable chain of causality, I've got nothing.

Still, might keep watching this one to see what other crazy stuff they get up to, even if the ending fight scenes still give me the impression of "Look, bad CG is fighting bad CG!".

Also, on another note, shame we didn't get a chance to see more of parallel yuri Yu.

Overall, I think Marina is right on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
I don't think you're supposed to take those things too seriously, It clearly played as a comedy.

Last edited by SPARTAN 119; 2018-10-31 at 10:25.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 01:07   Link #27
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

This is the most bonkers show I've seen since Flip Flappers.

By the way, what's that stuff Asuka's always eating?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-01, 10:10   Link #28
Requiem-x
The slacking one

I know this show isn't very good (still much better than that space fishing nonsense), but something keeps bringing me back to it every week. Most likely Asuka, she's just so fun. That said, whoever had the idea of blocking a bullet barrage with another one and making those huge bullets you always see in gunman designs missiles deserves a pat in the back, because that was badass.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-10, 05:58   Link #29
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 2-5:

Surprised and pleased by this show. Enjoyed the cowboy time zone, Mia was badass when she beat the evil sherrif.

Glad to see that the orphans will at least not go hungry anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
I'm getting serious flashbacks to Sliders here
Yeah, Sliders is a bit similar to this.

Last edited by LKK; 2018-11-10 at 12:08. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. use Edit button instead.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-10, 19:49   Link #30
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

This world reminded me of Pinocchio, where he goes to the place where boys can do whatever they want, until they all get turned into donkeys.

On the other hand, I'd love my own island house like Chloe has.
Old 2018-11-11, 02:52   Link #31
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
This is the most bonkers show I've seen since Flip Flappers.

By the way, what's that stuff Asuka's always eating?
It's this... https://lazybeggars.wordpress.com/2013/03/25/chikuwa/
Old 2018-11-11, 14:07   Link #32
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 04:49.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-12, 06:34   Link #33
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 6:

This is the weirdest world I've seen them go to. And also scary with an AI in charge of things... sort of reminds me of Skynet in The Terminator.

Good thing Asuka chose to cook barbecue instead of using those phones, she escape the brainwashing.
Old 2018-11-13, 05:52   Link #34
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 7:

They look like zombies after being brainwashed with addiction.

Evil sherrif Mia.. give her your phone to feed her addiction... or face consequences. Where did being a hero of justice go? I guess heroes can also become addicts.

Glad that Chloe and friends were able to save the people of this world from a terrible fate. Evil AI is a thing present in sci-fi horror.
Old 2018-11-19, 17:55   Link #35
James Rye

Serious Asuka is sexy, but only because we got cute and goofy Asuka as contrast. <3
Looks like Serious Asuka's world is in its last breaths, lets hope the girls can save it from eternal stand-still.
Old 2018-11-20, 14:51   Link #36
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Serious Asuka is sexy, but only because we got cute and goofy Asuka as contrast. <3
The whole section with the two Asukas together was pretty cute.
Old 2018-11-22, 05:31   Link #37
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 8:

Best episode so far. Cosplaying and helping out an injured old man. People thought they are twins! Laughed when serious Asuka chose "siri" as family name.

Cowboy cosplay made me laugh, because they saw the lady judge again. Wedding cosplay almost gave old man a stroke.

And what the hell is happening with serious Asuka's fragment? There looks something like a Christmas tree in there.
Old 2018-11-22, 22:43   Link #38
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
There looks something like a Christmas tree in there.
I'm glad someone else brought that up. Specifically, it looks like the so-called "World's Largest Christmas Tree," as they call the Soldiers and Sailors Monument in my hometown of Indianapolis at this time of year. Click on the link and compare for yourself.
Old 2018-11-23, 05:40   Link #39
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Thanks for the bit in history. I always like knowing about these things.

Looks similar.. but the one in the anime is obviously not a monument for peace. Episode 8 feels like the calm before the storm... things look like it will get nasty on the next one.
Old 2018-11-25, 00:43   Link #40
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Wow, final arc already? Thought we'd have to wait a whole episode for anything to even start getting serious, but I'm more than fine with this. Time to save Seriousuka! Of course, both Asukas were adorable this episode, and funny as well (that second name bit had me burst into laughs).

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that was a christmas tree in the end, even though it looks way creepier at close range.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote