AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-23, 04:59   Link #321
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
...@0@! Episode six contained massive amounts of warm fuzzies.

Spoiler for Episode 6:

Where's Seiko-chan? I need something to *snork* at again.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-23, 13:53   Link #322
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My spider senses tell me this is the time of year that all the subs slow down in release.

(finals, dormroom teardowns and moving out, that big glarey thing in the sky that burns us... it calls to us it does)
Old 2007-05-23, 14:32   Link #323
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Almost done with finals for me. HP steadily rising again.

I *just* looked at KissSub's sitey (just goes to show how anxious I am for the next ep, doesn't it)... they say there will be a delay with the next episode because someone's moving or something. I checked the frequency of their releases as well... on a normal schedule I'd say they'd release another ep tomorrow, but since there's a delay I suppose it'll be out a little later this week. Looks like Lovely Complex is their number one priority, which always helps.

More so than Atsushi's answer in the next eppy, I'm most excited to find what new hairstyles Risa will come up with.
Old 2007-05-24, 11:50   Link #324
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

<squeak>

Lovely Complex ep 7 is released into the wild ... torrent and enjoy.
Old 2007-05-24, 13:18   Link #325
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
I'm downloading this right now
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 13:21   Link #326
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Same, although I should have it in a few minutes. Out of no where my dl rate went from 40 kb/s to 870kb/s...wow.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 13:28   Link #327
Jerseykid

I need to see episode 8 immediately!
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 14:00   Link #328
madcircle
Sneaky

GNNNAAARGHHHH!!!! I want to kill him, seriously, grab something hard and hit him in the head,
how the heck can a human being possibly be so... dumb!?!

Oh, I need ep. 8, my nerves can't take this anymore!
I totally feel for Risa, hope she decides to punch him in the face real good!
But I guess that won't happen, I wonder what Otani will do to make it up to her.

Last edited by madcircle; 2007-05-24 at 14:29.
madcircle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 14:07   Link #329
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Well, by the end of 7, he does realize it. So maybe some developement from 8 on.
Old 2007-05-24, 14:24   Link #330
madcircle
Sneaky

Indeed, I wonder which path the story will take after this though... (no, I don't want spoilers! )
Old 2007-05-24, 14:51   Link #331
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

i read the manga so i know what happens... hehehe
anywho this topic should be under the current anime thingy and have its own forum.
Vexx I love your sig.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 15:09   Link #332
Furudanuki

Episode 7 - Mixed emotions, emotions are mixed, oh my! On one hand it was very funny, but on the other I felt SO sorry for Risa that I literally felt my throat tighten up. I'll refrain from further comment until more people have had a chance to watch the episode. However....

In the future, whenever I hear someone describe the male lead in a romance as "clueless" I will smile ruefully, slowly shake my head and sadly intone: "My child, you know not of what you speak." The gold standard has now been established.
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 15:18   Link #333
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
Episode 7 - Mixed emotions, emotions are mixed, oh my! On one hand it was very funny, but on the other I felt SO sorry for Risa that I literally felt my throat tighten up. I'll refrain from further comment until more people have had a chance to watch the episode. However....

In the future, whenever I hear someone describe the male lead in a romance as "clueless" I will smile ruefully, slowly shake my head and sadly intone: "My child, you know not of what you speak." The gold standard has now been established.
Seriously. I have never seen a male lead THAT dense.
Old 2007-05-24, 15:40   Link #334
madcircle
Sneaky

Quote:
I'll second that remark...
Old 2007-05-24, 16:25   Link #335
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

I'm pleased to see I was wrong in my guess about when it'd get released... they still pulled through!

This is another one of those anime series that messed me up when I talk about it with people... if I skim over anything, I see "Risa" here and "Risa" there and I have to stop and read it to see if they're talking about me or the character. It's even worse when someone's talking to me and uses both my name and "Risa". XD
Old 2007-05-24, 18:35   Link #336
Rhaenys

Quote:
True. Still, it was nice of Risa to point out that he's not a complete idiot who has managed to stay alive for seventeen years just by sheer luck. But even if he hadn't ever considered the option that she could like him, it did take a large number of anvil-sized hints to get it through to the boy. Sheesh.

Anyways, I'm excited to see how the dynamic of the show is going to change after episode seven. Hopefully (I'm keeping my fingers crossed) it won't lose the quality that it has going for it now. I'm almost afraid to think about where LoveCom is going to end up on my favorites list if it keeps on going at this rate.
Rhaenys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 19:42   Link #337
Itlandm
Porcupine

Lisa makes an awesome ghost! No wonder they got lots of people to the haunted house.

Looks like Otani-kun will be chasing Lisa for a while instead of the other way around. Wonder how they'll pull that off.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-24, 21:34   Link #338
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Looks like Otani-kun will be chasing Lisa for a while instead of the other way around. Wonder how they'll pull that off.
Yes, I think Otani owes Risa some grovelling time and sincere apologies in order to set things right. But I really do hope she doesn't make him suffer for too long before she forgives him. Otani may have been as thick as a whale omelette about Risa's feelings, but he was never intentionally cruel. If Risa draws things out too much she could wind up seeming petty or mean by comparison. This all assumes, of course, that Otani really does have the same sort of feelings about her. Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if he tells her something like: "I'm sorry. I like you a lot and I enjoy hanging out with you, but I really could never think of you as a girlfriend."?
Furudanuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 02:38   Link #339
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
I really really want to exercise my karate skills on otani. I can't believe how dense he is....JESUS!!!! I hope that in episode 8 we are going to have some action
Amalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-25, 06:17   Link #340
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Ep 7

Otani's dense, and that's an understatement, but I think that point has been hammered enough that I don't need to harp on it. Although, with that said, this is one of those rare rom-coms like School Rumble (or the first season at least) where the stupid characters are still likable because, despite their complete ineptitude intellectually, their hearts are in the right place. Otani's incredibly dumb, but I still can't see any reason to hate him. Risa, on the other hand, is incredibly likable. I still seriously want her to get a happy ending.

I echo Furudanuki's thoughts on where I think this plot is going. I think the happy ending is an inevitability, the question is, when will Otani come to terms with his feelings, and how can he reconcile with Risa after what he put her through. But he did make her fall for him in the first place, and none of the things he did for her leading up to there fall short in explaining it. I don't think Risa will be too hard a nut to crack if and when (more "when" than "if") Otani decides she's worth making a move on.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance