Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 06:23   Link #1621
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Location: Norway, thats why Im bad in English, but I try my best
Send a message via MSN to nilsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
Actually I think many about 70% I'm not sure but it's true that they want Tamao/Nagisa ending more than Shizuma/Nagisa ending like about 70% want Yaya/Hikari more than Amane/Hikari.
But it's ture that the story focus on Shizuma and Nagisa from the start and I just watch it because it suppose to be Shizuma/Nagisa ending.
I do not know, but Im prettey sure that more ppl's want Nagisa/Shizuma ending, then Nagisa/Tamao.

Last edited by nilsen; 2006-09-27 at 06:39.
nilsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 06:32   Link #1622
ati

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilsen
I do not know, but Im prettey sure that more ppl's want Nagisa/Shizuma ending, then Nagisa/Tamao.
Yeah but for the poll about pairing Tamao/Nagisa is on the top of the rank as Shizuma/Nagisa is about 4 or 5. Like Yaya/Hikari is on the 1-2 of the rank but Amane/Hikari is none of the top ten rank too.
But this's not official poll, I read on the other forum said the official poll result about the best pairing is Shizuma/Nagisa and 2nd is Amane/Hikari somehow many poll still be Tamao/Nagisa on the top of the rank

However the poll target among male group and Tamao-chan character is quite popular among them but I like Shizuma more. However I really feel sorry for Tamao-chan she deserve something good too like Yaya have Tsubomi-chan.
ati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 06:56   Link #1623
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
Yeah but for the poll about pairing Tamao/Nagisa is on the top of the rank as Shizuma/Nagisa is about 4 or 5. Like Yaya/Hikari is on the 1-2 of the rank but Amane/Hikari is none of the top ten rank too.
But this's not official poll, I read on the other forum said the official poll result about the best pairing is Shizuma/Nagisa and 2nd is Amane/Hikari somehow many poll still be Tamao/Nagisa on the top of the rank

However the poll target among male group and Tamao-chan character is quite popular among them but I like Shizuma more. However I really feel sorry for Tamao-chan she deserve something good too like Yaya have Tsubomi-chan.

Its hard to find the right answer about this discussion, but everyone have not voted, and after I started posting on Suki, and another NOR forum, after what I can tell, 90%++ want a Nagisa/Shizuma, they are maybe not the cutes couple, but thats the good ending in this story.

Old 2006-09-27, 07:23   Link #1624
toronto

Hey I could be gone off the topic. But I thought I wanna share. I saw this at akayuki blog and the guy pointed out that Strawberry Panic has been selling their products. Oh well

The Outfit are kawaii but is that a dude Anyway Sorry if went off topic.
toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 07:35   Link #1625
ati

Quote:

Its hard to find the right answer about this discussion, but everyone have not voted, and after I started posting on Suki, and another NOR forum, after what I can tell, 90%++ want a Nagisa/Shizuma, they are maybe not the cutes couple, but thats the good ending in this story.

Why do you think they're not cute ? i think they really suit to be the best couple in my opinion.
As I'm Shizuma/Nagisa supporter I will be really happy if 90 % want Nagisa/Shizuma and I still try to convince myself about that too because I really love how it end except the last scene about Tamao and Nagisa, it's not clear what does that scene mean?

I'm sorry I didn't intend to discuss about this I just want to show you the japanese poll that I saw however this series is my favorite and it's really good to end it with Shizuma/Nagisa.

Anyway Nakahara Mai is very cute.
Old 2006-09-27, 07:35   Link #1626
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toronto
Thanks for shareing =)
Old 2006-09-27, 07:38   Link #1627
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
As I'm Shizuma/Nagisa supporter I will be really happy if 90 % want Nagisa/Shizuma and I still try to convince myself about that too because I really love how it end except the last scene about Tamao and Nagisa, it's not clear what does that scene mean?

I'm sorry I didn't intend to discuss about this I just want to show you the japanese poll that I saw however this series is my favorite and it's really good to end it with Shizuma/Nagisa.

Its allways important to argue, and I can understand, Im still sure that more ppl's want a Nagisa/Shizuma ending. =), and thats what happend.
Sorry If I was anny kind of rude, then I did not know.
Im from norway, sometimes I write in a rude way without knowing it.
Old 2006-09-27, 07:39   Link #1628
Cloudy

I'm quite surprised that there isn't a SP section in the popular series board despite it reached 1000+ posts in this thread.
Old 2006-09-27, 07:42   Link #1629
Sunsh
a.k.a Arsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
Are you talking about the G's Magazine Pairing's Popularity Poll? It was held before tha anime aired, and yes.. In that poll the Tamao/Nagisa pairing is number 1, with 3000 or 5000 votes.
The second was Amane/Nagisa, then Amane/Hikari.
Shizuma/Nagisa only got 5th or 6th position.

And for my fave characters...
1. Hikari - Okay.. Bash me, bash me. But she was just too cuuuuuteee And I think she has become one of the most developed character here. Compare her personality now with the beginning of the series, where she was just a shy girl, unable to do anything on her own.
In the end of the series, she become more brave and honest to her feeling (e.g. : return Kaname's words and encourage Yaya to sing again).
2. Amane - I love handsome / manly girl And Prince Amane is just sooo~ my type
3. Yaya - The Fighting Tomoyo. She bear same fate with Tamao, but she still do her best to kept her feeling and act as only 'a best friend'. Her emotion explotion really touched me... I think she is the most realistic example of a girl in love with her girl friend in real world.
4. Shizuma - ANGST!!
and last but not least...
5. Chikaru - Simply awesome My fave is when she acted as Carmen.. HAWT~
Oh, but I also like Kaname, Miyuki, and Tsubomi.. Hehehe...
Sunsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 07:54   Link #1630
nilsen
What's happiness...?

@ NeoSam why cant you rotate your sig? =)
Old 2006-09-27, 08:25   Link #1631
ati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunsh
Are you talking about the G's Magazine Pairing's Popularity Poll? It was held before tha anime aired, and yes.. In that poll the Tamao/Nagisa pairing is number 1, with 3000 or 5000 votes.
The second was Amane/Nagisa, then Amane/Hikari.
Shizuma/Nagisa only got 5th or 6th position.
No no not that poll, I got this info. from some japanese friend said the official poll was announce before the anime will air, it's about last winter and the first is Nagisa/Shizuma and the second is Amane/Hikari which are main couple of the serie.
It's not the old G's mag poll but my friend said it's an official poll after they plan to produce the anime.
G's mag poll show the rank about STopanic original novel not the anime and it's always Nagisa/Tamao is on the top of the rank. And now there's no SP poll on G's so I don't know about the rank anymore.

However the other poll that's not official poll after the anime air still Tamao/Nagisa and Yaya/Hikari.

Anyway I'm surprise that you like Hikari more than Chikaru-sama and still Amane more than Shizuma-sama
Old 2006-09-27, 08:30   Link #1632
ati

Quote:
Its allways important to argue, and I can understand, Im still sure that more ppl's want a Nagisa/Shizuma ending. =), and thats what happend.
Sorry If I was anny kind of rude, then I did not know.
Im from norway, sometimes I write in a rude way without knowing it.
It's ok Somehow I think Tamao/Nagisa fans are many too and many just watch it without support any couple
Old 2006-09-27, 08:33   Link #1633
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Hey I could be gone off the topic. But I thought I wanna share. I saw this at akayuki blog and the guy pointed out that Strawberry Panic has been selling their products. Oh well

Products, does that include figurines? I wanna buy a Shizuma x Nagisa , Chikaru etc. . The girls of the 3 school. But than,....we'll gotta wait for that to come

Yes, thats a male in the person, whoever asked before haha. Ah well, a supa fan he is :P
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 10:47   Link #1634
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
@Pic: Especially the huge strawberry, hilarious

As for my answer regarding the fav girl question..
1. Miyuki: I just completely fell in love with her. In episode 21.. just soooo moe~~
2. Chikaru: Well, she's awesome after all.
3. Tamao-chan: She's awesome too. The cutest and moe'est~ creepy stalker ever.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 12:34   Link #1635
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Quote:

Ooookay. The girl on the right looks like a guy
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 13:08   Link #1636
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

The person on the right is sooooooooooo a guy i think im going to have nightmares to night. I cry Hersey no guy should ever try to imitate the cuteness that is SP. Sending a ICBM to that guys house later
Old 2006-09-27, 14:04   Link #1637
nilsen
What's happiness...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ati
Why do you think they're not cute ? i think they really suit to be the best couple in my opinion.

I think Nagisa and Shizuma is enormous cute =) I have never watch, study and thinked about a couple inside an anime like them. I just believe its alot ppl's that what Nagisa and Shizuma together because of there story, and how much they need each other.
Old 2006-09-27, 14:55   Link #1638
Conri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
The person on the right is sooooooooooo a guy i think im going to have nightmares to night. I cry Hersey no guy should ever try to imitate the cuteness that is SP. Sending a ICBM to that guys house later
Being scared of something as harmless as that is being threatened of something I can't or won't understand. People like what they like and even if I don't care for it, it has nothing to do with me, so I don't give a damn. If for some reason I do give a damn, it is my problem, not theirs. More power to them. Please save the ICBMs for things that really deserve it, like the tempermental copy machine in our home office.

Best looking/most attractive:
1. Yaya: Strikes me as very real; deeply caring, yet with her faults. Her emotional singing reveals a lot about her. I really like long anime hair that is a bit messy but looks even better for it. As the manga says, "she has tons of sex appeal." Though her manga version thus far is on the predator end, which I don't like as much.
2. Shizuma: Okay, maybe I like a little bit of predator. But that's not the real Shizuma...the one that Nagisa brings out that is teasing, fun to be around, not buried in sorrow, though Kaori's death will always be a part of her. Very awesome that when it comes to her real feelings, she is the one blushing and she is the one who is kissed.
3. Chikaru: There's a good chance she would be higher than Shizuma, but as a background character, she doesn't get the depth of some of the other characters. She could certainly dress me up in costumes because I never get around to trying to make them myself. Chikaru swaps incredibly well between "cute" and "sexy."

As for the anime itself; it is one of those I will always wonder how I managed to finish. Yet I'll always know, it's because it's a beautiful train wreck. Lots of laughs at traditionally strange moments to the point I can't tell whether it is intentional or not, or if that even matters. It helps that I can forgive the worst plot in the world if the characters are interesting enough...I really wanted to see Shizuma find "salvation" and Yaya find happiness. The awesome second OP helped a lot too.. For someone who skips openings all the time, I watched every one from #14 on.

I started the manga after the anime, and I think I am enjoying it a great deal more than I would have if I had given up on the anime. Lots of pleasant humor; it is much less pretentious than the anime.

Nagisa/Shizuma cuteness: struck me the most when they were first practicing for the play together. Very nice moment; great to see Shizuma laughing like that.
Conri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 16:07   Link #1639
guess

Quote:

Please do not post a creepy pic like that, at least put on a warning in a spoiler tag or something.
Old 2006-09-27, 18:28   Link #1640
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conri
Being scared of something as harmless as that is being threatened of something I can't or won't understand. People like what they like and even if I don't care for it, it has nothing to do with me, so I don't give a damn. If for some reason I do give a damn, it is my problem, not theirs. More power to them. Please save the ICBMs for things that really deserve it, like the tempermental copy machine in our home office.
Just a joke calm down! trust me i have nothing against the guy more power to him for really doing it. Its not the first time ive seen since i go to conventions frequently. Just trying to keep my image of SP girls pure , If i offended i gomen. Even though i do agree with you about the copy machines.

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri