AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 22 11.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 7.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 13.68%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 14.21%
6 out of 10 : Average 39 20.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 15 7.89%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 7.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 9 4.74%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.63%
1 out of 10 : Painful 19 10.00%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-25, 14:27   Link #201
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Not to mention that Gai was grazed on his side. That fight could have been so much better.
Old 2012-03-25, 15:54   Link #202
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I don't think that how Shu vs. Gai or Darly vs. Ayase could have been improved with more time. If anything, it would fall more into into who planned how the fights played out and concluded rather to how much time they are given (if anything, I don't think an extended fight of either or having each one be in separate episodes would have made them better, just more dragged out).
Old 2012-03-25, 16:48   Link #203
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodi View Post
Tsugumi was complicit in the rebellion. Souta participated in the rebellion. So yeah, Shu got the worst deal.
That's still missing the point. Yes, Shu got screwed. We all know that. However, even if he hadn't, that still doesn't change the fact that certain other characters have participated in atrocities, and deserve punishment for that. You may call it bloodlust; I call it justice.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
Old 2012-03-25, 16:56   Link #204
Team Rocket Elite

You are right that longer doesn't necessarily mean better. The extra time could be squandered easily if the person writing the fight does a bad job. In regards to Shu vs Gai, I'm specifically referring to the part where Shu draws Inori's sword and onward. It was one clash of swords then Shu stabbing Gai while falling. I think that part of the fight could have stood to be a bit longer since there's not much you could do with the short amount of time given. Inori's sword has been an instant win card for the entire series. I was interested in seeing what the first even fight with that sword would look like.
Old 2012-03-25, 23:48   Link #205
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
now Shu finally got a real automail arm, now all he needs is some alchemy powers....
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2012-03-26, 03:24   Link #206
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
You are right that longer doesn't necessarily mean better. The extra time could be squandered easily if the person writing the fight does a bad job. In regards to Shu vs Gai, I'm specifically referring to the part where Shu draws Inori's sword and onward. It was one clash of swords then Shu stabbing Gai while falling. I think that part of the fight could have stood to be a bit longer since there's not much you could do with the short amount of time given. Inori's sword has been an instant win card for the entire series. I was interested in seeing what the first even fight with that sword would look like.
yeah, considering that this is a fight between two "kings" and a battle for the survival of mankind, it felt really underwhelming. daath's fight with shoe was even more epic than that.
Old 2012-03-26, 13:20   Link #207
dice_vs

After watching the final episode, I cannot accept such a disappointing and sad ending therefore I decided to edit a better ending. Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti9JMs4qkWo
Old 2012-03-26, 21:17   Link #208
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice_vs View Post
After watching the final episode, I cannot accept such a disappointing and sad ending therefore I decided to edit a better ending. Check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti9JMs4qkWo
It was such a bad ending that I would've preferred it to end it the exact same way you had it just to be able to salvage any grace...but no. They had Shu live. Who the hell cares if he survives?! He should've went to a better place with Inori after they crystalized at least...

Rushed ending, lots of parts untouched...and when the hell did Shu stab Gai in that scene from the memories??? I'm lost and confused.

The animation was awesome. The director should get fired.
My reaction to this show and the ending is... W T F
Old 2012-03-27, 21:33   Link #209
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiyomi View Post
Rushed ending, lots of parts untouched...and when the hell did Shu stab Gai in that scene from the memories??? I'm lost and confused.
End of episode 12. It's when Gai died the first time.
Old 2012-03-28, 16:22   Link #210
king12354

Like someone said, this is finally the time to drop this series.

It's a show where you have to turn your brain off to enjoy it but once you turn your brain back on, you just feel violated.
Old 2012-04-07, 22:04   Link #211
Athena
The Power of One

I voted for "painful in the poll". Because it was, even if it was painful in...another way.
Old 2012-04-07, 22:21   Link #212
EvI

well i loved
even the death of inori maked sense since she was the last bond of mana and the apocalipse virus on earth...but it was still sad in a way...
and shu didn't needed to get blind right...
and the battles were cool in a sense and mana/inori dress was pretty it really combined with her since she was eve
now i'm look forward for the guilty crown:lost christimas and i think we know now that in this history there is no truly happy ending ;D
Old 2012-04-09, 14:17   Link #213
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well now, that was a finale fitting for the series I'd say.

Question I'm left asking myself is was it a good or bad finale?
And I honestly have no idea what to think but bottom line is I did still enjoy it all and thats all that really matters.
Yes it's got it's flaws(too many I'd say) but still rather enjoyable for what it is as long as you don't think too hard about it.

Don't know why he'd have to go blind at the end but heh whatever they have throw everything bad at Shu since the start might as well keep at it till the end eh.

Altho think it would have been a slightly nicer ending if he was sat on that bench with a guide dog with him.
Something about that thought makes me think it would have been really nice.
Old 2012-04-09, 17:21   Link #214
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Altho think it would have been a slightly nicer ending if he was sat on that bench with a guide dog with him.
Something about that thought makes me think it would have been really nice.
that gave me a great idea of how to make that idea of yours give more of a hilarious emotional impact!

let's just pretend inori came to be fond of dogs somehow and somewhere along the plot line that shu asked her if she wanted to own one someday and she says yes to a specific breed of dog. now fast forward to the ending and he is sitting on the bench with that dog inori would have wanted if she was still alive. i'm sure that would make me feel something regardless of how pale her character development came to be.

i fast tracked some GC episodes and got the gist of how bad everything came out to be yet so hilarious
Old 2012-04-12, 18:56   Link #215
ReY4Ever

Watched the whole anime today, after a friend recommended it to me. I actually liked it a lot, but i had several Code Geass moments.

Well, i said i liked it a lot, but believe me or not, the overall score i give it goes down just because of that epilogue. For some reason i'm just detested by the fact he went blind. I saw the mechanical arm coming, after everyones Void was getting "sucked up", but i did not see a single reason for the blindness. Even after reading this whole thread, and rewatching the final moments, i can just not find a reason how he should have gone blind. I wold have been perfectly happy without the epilogue tbh, leaving the ending open as to wether Shu survived or not. But now he's just a crippled, blind loner (sorry for the bluntness).

The fact that the ex-president survived at the end annoyed me aswell.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-04-13 at 06:11.
Old 2012-04-12, 23:03   Link #216
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReY4Ever View Post
but i did not see a single reason for the blindness.
They wanted to remind the viewers that his dictatorship didn't go unnoticed, and it's not like such a controversial ending was abnormal given I.G's reputation.
Old 2012-04-13, 05:58   Link #217
ReY4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by syke123 View Post
They wanted to remind the viewers that his dictatorship didn't go unnoticed, and it's not like such a controversial ending was abnormal given I.G's reputation.
I do know we have to see it as 'his punishment', but there wasn't anything hinting towards blindness, it could just aswell been any other handicap. It just seemed like they gave him some random things to punish him.

It feels it wasn't given enough thought. The closest to an explanation i've read so far, was it being because he had to look people in to the eyes when extracting their void, although that was discarded halfway trough the series though.

Some people hint that it comes from the crystalization of either Shu himself or Inori (taking over 'the burden'). What comes to my mind immediately is Souta. He had his whole right eye covered, but after being 'cured' doesn't show any signs of blindness, so i find it very hard to figure out where Inori's and Shu's blindness comes from.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-04-13 at 06:12.
Old 2012-04-13, 09:16   Link #218
HasuMasu
*Artist

I feel this conclusion just left to much to be desired.

Too many things left out, but I think the worst part was Shu's blindness.
I understand he became blind because of his void and he took Inori's blindness but why was Inori blind to begin with?
I don't even get how she appeared at the time.
Didn't even notice until reading the comments, I just though his legs became weak--hence the walking stick, but looking back I guess his eyes were a bit weird.

All in all the ending was a bit of a let-down, but mostly just a head-scratcher.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:23   Link #219
syke123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReY4Ever View Post
I do know we have to see it as 'his punishment', but there wasn't anything hinting towards blindness, it could just aswell been any other handicap. It just seemed like they gave him some random things to punish him.

It feels it wasn't given enough thought. The closest to an explanation i've read so far, was it being because he had to look people in to the eyes when extracting their void, although that was discarded halfway trough the series though.

Some people hint that it comes from the crystalization of either Shu himself or Inori (taking over 'the burden'). What comes to my mind immediately is Souta. He had his whole right eye covered, but after being 'cured' doesn't show any signs of blindness, so i find it very hard to figure out where Inori's and Shu's blindness comes from.
I wouldn't say blindness was an abnormal choice, perhaps unnecessary although it gets the writers point across about their views on morality. They were also a little limited on physical impairments since you know, he already lost a limb so they could either go with his sight or his hearing, otherwise it wouldn't stand out much. I also don't think he's completely blind, I believe he only lost a single eye due to the fact that he strolled around the park and made his way to the hotel without a guide. They obviously affirmed that both he and Ayase live elsewhere with Tsugumi and rarely meet, so if he was blind he wouldn't be able to maneuver through the streets by himself, let alone memorize a route that you take once a year.

Then there's his cane which I'm quite skeptical about since you don't completely see the tip, usually the legally blind have a round tipped cane since those offer the best mobility, although judging by its rubber padding I'll assume that it's flat, and serves more on the line of identifying the user's degraded sight, rather than have any mobile support and are generally avoided by the sightless. He was also holding the cane with his prosthetic right arm and if he was blind it'd be pointless to even carry it around since it requires his perception to cohesively use the tool, and a fake metal arm isn't as productive as his own limb. If he does have vision in one of his eyes, it would definitely be his left eye, not his right.

They should have been more conclusive with the aspect and could've added a few lines of dialogue between the characters that explained his situation in detail rather than leave the viewers with a third cliffhanger.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:49   Link #220
ReY4Ever

When i first saw the epilogue, i immediately deducted it as a cane for the blind, and i still think it is (although i did notice some people also believe it to be a normal walking stick). I would go with the first, due to the way he holds it, and the color it has (red/white).

That aside, i did think of the partial blindness at some point (due to the same reasons you said), but at that time i couldn't really think of a reason why. However, i thought of 2 things that might explain it earlier today.

I fully agree with the reason you gave ("and serves more on the line of identifying the user's degraded sight"), why it should be his right eye.

So either the blindness comes from;

1. His right side of his body getting crystalized the most, which would be the more simple explanation, but would again leave us to guess about a few things.

or

2. When he took Souta's void, he also took the cancer. Souta was at that time unable to view trough his right eye (it was covered by crystals). Could it be that for some reason, he was already blind in his right eye before his battle with Gai even started? Or did the blindness only came a bit later? I do feel, that the connection with Souta has something to do with it, and it would actually explain it quite well (in the case of partial blindness ofcourse).

Another possibility (let it be full or partial blindness), might just be because of him injecting the Void Genome for a second time.
Closed Thread