AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-12-12, 21:29   Link #661
Maro

Could anyone tell me if these DVD's I bought on Ebay are bootlegged? It's a Madman (Australian anime company) Bleach DVD collection.

Firstly, the collection doesn't look bootlegged. The print quality of the covers are very good and it matches what is displayed in store. The DVD itself looks legit and even has the 'Madman' company on the rings on the underside of the disc.

The only reason why I'm questioning it's authenticity is because when I play the DVD in my Playstation the quality doesn't look so crisp. It's not super fuzzy or anything obvious but I'm just surprised it's not as clear.

Also there is a copyright and company opening before the main menu.

Perhaps this is just the quality of the Bleach DVD's?

Can anyone shed some light on this issue or even direct me to a Bleach DVD clip so I could compare the picture quality?

Thanks all!
Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 09:30   Link #662
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
There were a lot of complaints about video quality on madman releases, so it might be that release was one of those affected (this problem did spread to the UK as some distributors used the Australian DVD masters instead of doing their own PAL conversions of the original footage to save money).
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 14:14   Link #663
Maro

@ Demonix: Thanks for the response. Glad to hear my paranoia may be justified. When you say "it might be that release was one of those affected" do you mean Madman had released some DVD's that were of questionable qualities and others that weren't?

Ugh! Was really looking forward to starting the series but I'll def be cringing for the most part over the weird quality.

Thanks again.
Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-14, 09:52   Link #664
demonix

I did hear about some of the quality issues with PAL encodes from madman, but since there isn't any list of affected series I couldn't be sure if the PAL encode for bleach was one of those although I don't know if the manga entertainment (UK) release was affected (I don't follow the series, so I'm not one to confirm without any reasonable doubt).

Another way to confirm if a set is genuine is to go by the number of discs in a set in comparison to the number specified for the set from the distributor (the first 3 sets had 5 discs in a set, the next 3 after that have 4, 3 and 4 respectively with the remaining sets after that only having two discs each).
Old 2012-12-19, 10:29   Link #665
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I've been buying anime and manga for a while now so i'm comfortable with buying that kind of stuff. However, I've recently been looking anime figures/figurines and my interest in starting to buy them and start a collection has greatly risen.

I'm in the UK but apart from Amazon, I have no idea what good sites there are to buy these kind of things. I'd prefer it if they were new and sealed, does anyone have any good information and sites I could go on to buy these sort of things? Keep in mind, i'm willing to buy things from American websites too since i've ordered 1 or 2 things before from the Amazon in America
Old 2012-12-19, 12:02   Link #666
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Hobby Search and AmiAmi are japanese shops that sells figures and can ship them to Europe. Plus they have an English site so that makes it easier to look for specific figures.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-19, 20:09   Link #667
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Hobby Search and AmiAmi are japanese shops that sells figures and can ship them to Europe. Plus they have an English site so that makes it easier to look for specific figures.
Those look great, thanks

I was expecting the high prices, so i'm hoping the postage isn't too bad otherwise I wont be able to buy as many as I'd like
Old 2012-12-20, 08:43   Link #668
demonix

United Publications is another place to go for figures if you don't want to get your ass bitten by customs charges, but they don't get everything (they don't stock nendoroids) and pre-orders are pretty much a craps shoot since out of all the pre-orders I've made with them, I've given up on ever getting one of them and a second just shipped this morning.

There are other UK based sites, but there are some that sell fakes and others that have extortionate prices like tokyotoys.
Old 2012-12-22, 02:58   Link #669
L2THE

Hi, does anyone know where I can buy this figure? Or one like it.

Or any sort of "Kyoshiro to towa no sora" figures. I have been searching all over and have had no luck. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am new.
L2THE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-26, 16:36   Link #670
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2THE View Post
Hi, does anyone know where I can buy this figure? Or one like it.

Or any sort of "Kyoshiro to towa no sora" figures. I have been searching all over and have had no luck. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I am new.
Sorry, but there are no existing mass production Kyoushiro to Towa no Sora figures. The one you linked is a garage kit that I can't even find a HK recast for, so there's pretty much no way you can get your hands on that figure.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:17   Link #671
VTHokiePride

Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy the complete Scrapped Princess series online from this site http://http://www.animelifeline.com/
However, there are 2 different products. There's the Scrapped Princess Complete Series http://www.animelifeline.com/product...omplete-series and this other version http://www.animelifeline.com/product...plete-series-1

If I'm reading their descriptions right, both are in English Dub and Sub. However, each is a different price and one of significantly higher than the other. I was wondering what you guys think the difference is and which one I should buy.
VTHokiePride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 00:37   Link #672
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
Hey everyone, I'm looking to buy the complete Scrapped Princess series online from this site http://http://www.animelifeline.com/
However, there are 2 different products. There's the Scrapped Princess Complete Series http://www.animelifeline.com/product...omplete-series and this other version http://www.animelifeline.com/product...plete-series-1

If I'm reading their descriptions right, both are in English Dub and Sub. However, each is a different price and one of significantly higher than the other. I was wondering what you guys think the difference is and which one I should buy.
The more expensive one comes with 6 DVDs instead of 3 like the cheaper one. So the cheaper one is probably Bargain Edition with little more than the DVDs and some slipcovers. The more expensive one may be a boxset with full DVD cases for every DVD from original release.

But both have all of the actual television show. More expensive one for collectors.
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 10:25   Link #673
demonix

To be honest, I wouldn't trust that site since scrapped princess was a bandai release and only had one complete collection release (if the info on ANN is correct) which isn't even available any more (rightstuf is only listing the volume 4 figure pack).

The first item is a 100% confirmed bootleg as it's region free (something that is unlikely with a legit release) which is why it's cheaper, and the second one is the legit release (it's stated as region 1 and the picture is of the anime legends release).
Old 2013-03-31, 13:33   Link #674
Kiniest

I'm guilty when I say I loved Digimon Adventures 01. Is it possible to buy a DVD with it japanese subbed?

PS: Don't be afraid to answer this due to how long ago this was posted. I'll probably be subtly hanging out around waiting for an answer every now and then, so I will still catch your answer, given there is an answer to this.

Last edited by Kiniest; 2013-04-10 at 18:43. Reason: Just in case.
Kiniest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-30, 11:43   Link #675
Tsubie
L-E Staff Translator
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Tsubie
Where can I buy Honoo no Alpenrose OST 3?

This anime hasn't been subbed yet but I have plans to work on it in the future. We're thinking of remastering the audio and currently trying to get in touch with TSR people to get hold of their remasters. I recently imported the first OST from Japan and one of the staff has the second OST, but we have tried and tried but no leads to the third! I'd love to hear from someone who has the third OST or can tell me where to buy it as I need it for the fan sub! Thanks!
Old 2013-06-01, 10:39   Link #676
Pat123

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorkingtonPugsly View Post
Does anybody know where I can get Tenjou Tenge books? I know where to get all my manga from, and a few sites where I can order w.e. Kinokuniya in NY doesn't have in their store. But I can't find Tenjou Tenge anywhere, so I was wondering if there was some other website around, maybe.
If you want the Japanese version, here is a link to Kinokuniya's web site.
http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.p...A4%A9%E4%B8%8B

The volumes are out of stock, but I think if they are available anywhere, Kinokuniya would have it. Also, I did not get a hit on the Romani version, but had to use the kanji. If you can't write Japanese on your computer, you can copy the kanji from this site and re-do a search.

If you are OK with a good translation, I suggest the VIZ release. I've bought some volumes for my son and they are definitely top-notch. Each "volume" actually contains two volumes of the original manga. Also, they are large size, contain all the original art work and have a very good finish. The main thing is that the artwork has not been changed and the Japanese is translated correctly. I got mine from Amazon.com, but there are other places. Just make sure you are getting the Viz version.
Pat123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 08:57   Link #677
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat123 View Post
If you want the Japanese version, here is a link to Kinokuniya's web site.
http://www.kinokuniya.com/us/index.p...A4%A9%E4%B8%8B

The volumes are out of stock, but I think if they are available anywhere, Kinokuniya would have it. Also, I did not get a hit on the Romani version, but had to use the kanji. If you can't write Japanese on your computer, you can copy the kanji from this site and re-do a search.

If you are OK with a good translation, I suggest the VIZ release. I've bought some volumes for my son and they are definitely top-notch. Each "volume" actually contains two volumes of the original manga. Also, they are large size, contain all the original art work and have a very good finish. The main thing is that the artwork has not been changed and the Japanese is translated correctly. I got mine from Amazon.com, but there are other places. Just make sure you are getting the Viz version.
Why are you answering a question that was asked a year ago, and had already been answered.
Old 2013-06-02, 12:31   Link #678
Pat123

Oops, but

Actually I did not notice the date. My bad.

Setting that aside, I did not think the question had been answered. It looked like the request was for the Japanese-language version and the answers were for the VIZ English translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
Why are you answering a question that was asked a year ago, and had already been answered.
Old 2013-06-03, 09:14   Link #679
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat123 View Post
Setting that aside, I did not think the question had been answered. It looked like the request was for the Japanese-language version and the answers were for the VIZ English translation.
The person asking probably wanted the Japanese version because the original English release was edited, and didn't know about the newer and uncut release from viz.
Old 2013-06-03, 16:36   Link #680
Pat123

Yeah,

If I had noticed the date, I probably would have figured the same thing. XD

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime