AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-13, 10:17   Link #41
Crucifix

The girl in the OP is:

Spoiler:

I think it's more like they are not feminine enough, anime girls usually are well endowed.....you know big breasts and curves to go with and all, I think they made the girls here more flat and yeah I wouldn't deny the muscles.
Crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 10:25   Link #42
lavielove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crucifix
The girl in the OP is:
I think it's more like they are not feminine enough..
yeah... better put in that way, [off-topic] when we see some anime like Tsubasa Chronicle and Kashimishi the boys are so cute in a way that they even looks like the girls.[/off-topic]. ok ok I'll stop nutting coz I still want to see the next episodes
lavielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 21:58   Link #43
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei
A couple things that pleasantly surprised me:
Spoiler:

I have to agree with all you said there. This show is like cold hard reality, but in a way that is refreshing

ep4
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 22:00   Link #44
Srin Tuar
無謀

some of you mentioned one gripe about the art style: Agh, I noticed that too
This show has guys and girls far too similar looking for my taste.
Swap some hair around and you wouldnt know which is which.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 22:18   Link #45
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

This is one of those anime that's really a breath of fresh air from all the mostly adolescent comedy/romance series that appear every season. I really enjoy the art and I like the realistic feel.

I was excited to see those F-15J Peace Eagles since I'm a bit of a jet fighter and aerial combat fan (I can't wait for Ace Combat Zero and Over-G: World Air Force). This is about as close as I'll get to an aerial combat anime this year, seeing as I don't know what's going on with SORA (I think it was cancelled).

First three episodes were great and the art is well done. I don't really scrutinize imagery so my only complaint is the lack of curvy, busty females.

This show kind of reminds me of the dorama Good Luck!! which is about a young commercial airlines pilot.
Old 2006-02-13, 22:50   Link #46
Anime+
Banned

It is pretty refreshing to actually find another anime that is mature and doesn't rely on fanservice.
Anime+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-13, 23:30   Link #47
Ryusei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma
I can't wait for Ace Combat Zero

Me too, Ace combat 5 was definately the best of the series, so i'm quite eager to fly on the same setting, even if some years before...

Actually it's too bad they used Komatsu airbase and not Nyutabaru airbase as a setting of the anime, Nyutabaru is the home of the Hiko Kyodotai, the famous japanese aggressor squadron, that flies F-15's painted to resemble russian planes ^_^
They almost seem to come out directly from Ace combat ^_^
Ryusei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-14, 18:46   Link #48
ultrataro

Ugh, sorry. hit button before thinking, can't find delete function....
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 16:45   Link #49
404notfound
Page not found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
404notfound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 18:32   Link #50
ultrataro

Okay, caught up with fansubs and can comment now. The females? This is not a fanservice (well, except for JSDF & hardware fans) show and the character designs look more grity semi realistic style. kinda reminds me of stuff like Perfect blue, Lain, Paranoi Agent, etc. I'm having a hard time getting into this show, true the pace starts slow, but thats not the problem i'm having with it. If anything, I'm having problems with realism. The smoothness of mechanical animation doesn't really impress me, it's CG after all & easy to do there. They should have used CG to inject some realism detail effects into the scenes actually, things like jet wash, vibrations, atmosphere. They made things look way too easy, lowering & picking up someone on the sling isn't that easy. The landing on the ship deck was supposed to be really hard but didn't look like the storm winds and +10 foot heaving of the deck that was supposed to be happening. And would trained rescue personel carry a kid with a broken leg and internal injuries on their back like that? I'm willing to give leeway for dramatic liscence, but it's not quite working for me here. Anyway, I'll prob watch a bit more & see where things go.
ultrataro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 08:19   Link #51
Crucifix

I think they need to shortcut the actual rescue endeavors to make room for character drama/development. I have to agree though that it seemed easy but since I know zip about actual rescue endeavors, I didn't noticed it, I guess you really do learn new things everyday.

I will continue to watch though, it's bound to get interesting.

Oh by the way, for those who watched episode 4:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-16, 12:58   Link #52
Ryusei

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404notfound
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-16, 20:33   Link #53
Mr.Hawq
The Hawqman

What is the latest raw episode out, and the latest fansub episode out?
Mr.Hawq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 23:12   Link #54
Crucifix

I think I answered that question on a separate thread, maybe it got deleted by mods. Maybe we are not supposed to discuss those things.
Old 2006-02-25, 23:53   Link #55
Winchester

I downloaded the first ep for a look this evening, and found it good enough that I had the next two on queue pretty much immediately. Thanks to whichever seeder it was that had a 500 kb/s upload - I could get used to downloading an ep every 4 minutes...
Spoiler for Episodes 1-3:

Anyway, lovely show, will follow the subs...and hope that it's not *all* going to be this sad...

SP
Winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 08:10   Link #56
Ryusei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winchester
Anyway, lovely show, will follow the subs...and hope that it's not *all* going to be this sad...

SP

I doubt it, besides the realism the main character's efforts can't be all failures, probably the tragic beginning was meant to pay "the toll" to realism, so that now we'll see more succesful missions, while the experience of the main character grows.
Old 2006-03-01, 07:09   Link #57
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i saw the first episode and i dont think this show is for me. i think they are aiming for a realstic and dramatic approach to piloting? i know alot of the older generation is very much into milatry craft specs, authenticity and models and such, but is the younger crowd into that also? i havnt seen anyone build a model plane in a long time. course i dont got o highschool anymore either....
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-01, 12:18   Link #58
Crucifix

I would suggest that you watch up to episode 4 at least then you'll have enough material to judge if the show is for you. That's what I usually do with series that intrigues me, more often than not I stop watching after episode 5 or so if it still doesn't perk my interests.
Old 2006-03-04, 02:03   Link #59
KJlost

After having seen episode 6, 7, and 8, I would say this show is definitely a keeper for me. It might not be very exciting, or has bunch of cute girls, but it has a solid balance of realism and drama. Just with that, it can keep you guessing as to what will happen next. I do suggest that people don't drop after episode 1.
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-04, 12:21   Link #60
Crucifix

I downloaded the raws but I haven't watched any of it, I'm still waiting for the sub versions, but you never know, I don't think the series is generating enough interest, so I'll hold on to the raws just in case.